2021 Texas Orange-White Game - April 24, 1 PM, LHN

Machinator

3 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Card looking the part on that drive for sure.

That was an insanely good drive by him. I hope he gets some drives with the first team. His accuracy, anticipation, and processing were elite on that drive when he got a clean pocket. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

I feel like every single RPO we’ve run this game has worked. Teams that play cover 3 on us are going to struggle with RPO slants and seam routes. Sark really evolved his offense when he added the RPO in his stint back at Bama. 

Yep.  We've only run a few but the RPOs are fire.

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

So is the portal still a option for sark to raid? Basketball seems to have a ton of movement so wasn’t sure if football portal heats up over the summer? 

Oh yea and I don’t put any stock on a spring game just glad to have fucking football given all the bullshit the last year. 

We’ve already taken like 4 or 5 transfers for 2021. Signing numbers limit how many we can take, but we’ll probably add a couple more. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I'm sure a replay of this game will show up on YouTube, but my wife is currently ragging me about how we can watch her alma mater's (Tennessee) game in a few mins.

Payback for all the LHN bragging I did back in the day.  :)

LHN will replay it tonight, in the early AM, tomorrow morning, tomorrow afternoon, and tomorrow night ...

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I'm sure a replay of this game will show up on YouTube, but my wife is currently ragging me about how we can watch her alma mater's (Tennessee) game in a few mins.

Payback for all the LHN bragging I did back in the day.  :)

I will post as well so you can watch here

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

Man, Broughton looks like he needs to lose some weight. He has been a total non factor against the second team OL. I feel like every time I look at him, he’s getting stonewalled by a walk on OL. 

Tell us how you really feel about Vernon, why don't you

29 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yep. Unless Card takes a huge step forward over the offseason, I definitely think Thompson will start. Card was always going to have to be clearly better than Casey to start, and it’s not looking anything like that so far. 

I wonder whether Thompson may practice at a level distinctly below his game performances and vice versa for Card. Even in the Colorado Bowl game I felt that Card was a bit skittish in the pocket and had happy feet, and he's showing some of the same traits so far today. For the past 2 years the 9.95ers have all consistently stated that Card's practice performances are anywhere from a hair better to demonstrably better than Thompson's, but every time we see them play I tend to lean the other way. Maybe Thompson is just a gamer. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Tell us how you really feel about Vernon, why don't you

He reminds me of a DL version of DeAndre McNeal tbh. Always finessin.

Ojomo looking good on the bright side. 

1 minute ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I wonder whether Thompson may practice at a level distinctly below his game performances and vice versa for Card. Even in the Colorado Bowl game I felt that Card was a bit skittish in the pocket and had happy feet, and he's showing some of the same traits so far today. For the past 2 years the 9.95ers have all consistently stated that Card's practice performances are anywhere from a hair better to demonstrably better than Thompson's, but every time we see them play I tend to lean the other way. Maybe Thompson is just a gamer. 

Certainly possible. Card looked very jumpy last year, but he was also a true freshman. It looks like he needs to work on keeping his poise when the pocket isn’t clean. He’s looked special when he gets a clean pocket. 

It’s also more likely that Thompson was on fire in a small sample size than he can consistently outperform his practice level of play. 

• Hook 'Em 1