Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - OU Sucks, ATM Swallows
1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looks like we are back in it with a guy that hasn't been mentioned in a while.  And it's an OL.

https://2Lll47sports.com/player/malik-agbo-46059102/

I'm right down the road from this fella. Fill a Conan's box full of cash and i'll drop it off for you. I'll "pay him" a thousand bucks to walk my dog or some such shit. I was born to bag. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Looks like we are back in it with a guy that hasn't been mentioned in a while.  And it's an OL.

https://247sports.com/player/malik-agbo-46059102/

Just a friendly reminder that this other out-of-state OL recruit will also be visiting on October 16th:

https://247sports.com/Player/Earnest-Greene-46080544/

High school tackle, allegedly a college guard.

I'm not complaining, we need all positions along the OL. 

OSU is having a good season and has a bye before our big recruiting game.

Should be an awesome atmosphere, especially if we can actually take care of ou.

Either way, hope we have a great game plan and atmosphere for that one. With how some of our recruiting competition has been performing, it's an opportunity to make a big statement.

6 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Just a friendly reminder that this other out-of-state OL recruit will also be visiting on October 16th:

https://247sports.com/Player/Earnest-Greene-46080544/

High school tackle, allegedly a college guard.

I'm not complaining, we need all positions along the OL. 

I think he could be a RT for Flood.

Edited by IDIOTsavant
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Not sure, would think Agbo may be an OV??  Hoping it's Banks or Anderson.

Pretty sure it's just Agbo, there isn't any chatter on IT regarding other recruits that fit the bill

I thought Agbo had already taken all his OVs, but apparently he did tell IT it'll be an OV

Edited by Big Woodrows

Apparently Roach got in touch with him and thought he had moved on from Texas, but this is what he told Roach:

“I did at fist then I started talking with other recruits and in Austin something special is being built and I see week after week.”

Translation: “I watched 10 seconds of the Arkansas game, checked my pulse, and realized I could start there next year as a true freshman”

Edited by tokamak
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

Gerry

Spoiler

The Texas Longhorns staff is feeling the momentum in recruiting that has been created by three straight wins.

Along with the news of Malik Agbo (Federal Way, Wa./Todd Beamer) making an official visit October 16, IT brings some nuggets to chew on. 

Brenen Thompson decision coming soon

On300 No. 40 Brenen Thompson (Spearman, Texas) remains scheduled to attend the Alabama at Texas A&M game October 9 according to a source close to Thompson.

The 5-foot-10, 165-pound speedster is leaning to Texas over Texas A&M and Oklahoma State headed into his final visit. 

The source expects Thompson to make a decision “pretty quickly” after the trip to College Station next weekend. 

Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian and ace recruiter Jeff Banks have made Thompson a priority since being hired. 

Texas all hands on deck in recruitment of Cameron Williams 

The Texas staff continues to work on Oregon commitment Cameron Williams(Duncanville, Texas). The 6-foot-5, 36065-pound tackle and IOL prospect will be at Red River Showdown Saturday.

“I’m going to be at the UT-OU game Saturday,” Williams told On3. “UT is trying to get me down for a game too. They have talked about October 16, but that is my birthday weekend.”

The Longhorns have taken an all hands on deck approach to recruiting Williams.

“I talk to Coach Gilbert. Well, really everybody. I talk to Coach Sarkisian. He texts me almost every day. He’s been saying that have a spot waiting on me. That they want me, and need me.”

Do the Longhorns have a realistic shot at the athletic prospect? 

“I’m mean, if anything happens then yeah. I doubt anything happens with Oregon though.” 

Along with Texas, Texas A&M, SMU and Kansas have continued to be in contact.

More on Lander Barton 

On300 linebacker Lander Barton (Salt Lake City Brighton) had an exceptional visit to Texas last weekend. 

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound long-armed prospect acknowledges that leaving Utah will be difficult, but told IT after the visit that his dad gave him his blessing should Texas be the pick. 

On the field, Texas is recruiting Barton as a hybrid backer. 

“The coaches see me as almost a hybrid. Playing inside linebacker, and an EDGE guy in certain situations. Leaving Utah definitely wouldn’t be easy to do because of my family, but I could see myself outside the state.I want to study either business or agriculture.” Barton told Eric Nahlin.

Barton will make an official visit to Utah October 16, and Oregon October 30. UCLA or USC could receive the final OV. Michigan has already hosted the 4 star ‘backer.

34 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

Put both Skinner and Brenen Thompson in the calculator.

Skinner is going to Bama. No point in anyone deluding themselves about it. We needed FSU to fall apart and they thankfully have but Saban made him a priority recently and we all know how that goes. Even our more optimistic insiders always said our landing him would likely be dependent upon his Bama offer not being committable. 

Thompson should absolutely be ours though even if we get spanked by OU. Only question mark remains our shitty QB play (and holy fuck was Thompson terrible yesterday) but Sark should have no issues arguing we can just snag a better one in the portal. 

2 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

OSU is having a good season and has a bye before our big recruiting game.

Should be an awesome atmosphere, especially if we can actually take care of ou.

Either way, hope we have a great game plan and atmosphere for that one. With how some of our recruiting competition has been performing, it's an opportunity to make a big statement.

Their offense is absolutely terrible this year. Even our defense can generate 2-3 turnovers against Sanders. 

28 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Skinner is going to Bama. No point in anyone deluding themselves about it. We needed FSU to fall apart and they thankfully have but Saban made him a priority recently and we all know how that goes. Even our more optimistic insiders always said our landing him would likely be dependent upon his Bama offer not being committable. 

Thompson should absolutely be ours though even if we get spanked by OU. Only question mark remains our shitty QB play (and holy fuck was Thompson terrible yesterday) but Sark should have no issues arguing we can just snag a better one in the portal. 

Casey certainly was off, but his receivers did him no favors.  Worthy had at least two drops and and Keilan tripped over his own dick in space.  I think the receivers played worse than him overall.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If we don't get Skinner, then take two in the 23' class.  We took three last class.

You're forgetting about this guy who, in addition to blocking, has solid pass catching ability. 

https://247sports.com/player/anthony-jones-46099847/

And for '23, take Arch Manning's TE (who has been offered)

https://247sports.com/Player/Will-Randle-46114603/

• Hook 'Em 2

33c548c3d8e43c875123bd952c57ec8a.jpg
Speaking of Cameron Williams potentially visiting, I checked out his 247 profile since I didn’t really recollect hearing anything on him recently…. So just when the hell did this happen and also, why is it in his photo profile? I read his timeline and nowhere did it say he committed or decommitted from Texas. Fuq’s goin on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting