Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That isn't what I would fucking call Frito Pie, that's for sure. 

This is the guy that made a career out of eviscerating other chefs on camera, right?

Fucking Christ that was awful.  I went to the YouTube and looked at the comments.  Pretty much word for word what was going on in my head.

Gordon: people outside Texas are thinking, what is he doing?
Also people in Texas: what is he doing?

Cutting the bag long ways?  WTF.
Crushing up the Fritos?  WTF
Seasoning the Wolf Brand Chili was bad enough.  Then he salted the fucking Fritos.
Then as the chef's kiss, he used the Fritos as a garnish on top of his disgusting egg concoction.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, NTVTXN said:

Last time I was at MD&B’s was with GF, now Wife (of almost 20yrs🤯)- Anyway, we’re eating our burgers and she’s sitting facing the drag and I’m opposite her. All of the sudden, her mouth drops open and I’m like “wth, are you going to hurl?” She then points to the street. There’s a chick riding down 24th on a 10 speed, wearing black converse Chuck Taylor’s and a pair of Texas Flag running shorts. That’s it. No shirt. No sport bra. Titties free and dangling. 
I just quipped, “well, she’s definitely keeping Austin weird”

My wife had to go to Philly for a meeting a few years ago so we decided to make a weekend of it. Turns out Philly has a naked bike ride every year. We were walking out of a restaurant when a hundred or so naked people biked by. That made for some awkward conversations with the kids. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

My wife had to go to Philly for a meeting a few years ago so we decided to make a weekend of it. Turns out Philly has a naked bike ride every year. We were walking out of a restaurant when a hundred or so naked people biked by. That made for some awkward conversations with the kids. 

first time GIF

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Ya it's chili, tomatoes, eggs, butter and Fritos I'm sure it tastes fine. Y'all are being performatively mad.

Lots of things are fine. But it’s not frito pie you beans-are-fine-in-chili eating slappy. Meat stew with beans tastes fine, but it’s not CHILI. This is not a hard concept. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Texasrocks said:

Well, while we are not on topic, my parents brought my grandmother to visit the first year we lived in Houston.  I requested a window table for lunch at Hugo's.  Pride parade passed by as we sat down.  Watching grandma intrigued, trying not to people watch, made me smile.  

Edited by RollLeft
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Do they drug test in HS?

No clue how widespread it is currently but some school districts have implemented random drug testing for all students involved in extracurricular activities. I could understand if they were screening for PEDs, as a deterrent, but in most cases this includes scanning for recreational drug usage as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Your read on that NIL company is wrong. It’s a game changer. And UT is still playing pony express versus the pros. 

How is it a game changer? 

I'm going purely based off the article. If they're actively hooking guys up with deals or managing brands for the players that's a different story. The Oregon Accelerator sounds like a bigger deal based on how the article is written, but maybe you're privy to more than what is explained in there

ETA: When I said some of the stuff being worked on here at Texas, I definitely didn't mean what the school itself is doing 

Edited by Bodacious Bevo

2 hours ago, Texasrocks said:

That happened to me in Austin about 5 years ago. Some topless walk on a Sunday afternoon. Kids were young then but was definitely an odd situation to explain.  Probably about a 1:15 on good sets to meh. 

Edited by fattyflattie

"Neighbor, how long's it been since you've had yourself a big bowl of Wolf Brand Chili? ... Well that's too long!"
Growing up poor with parents who tried had its culinary downsides - meatloaf, cheerios, chicken and dumplings, tons of fucking canned green beans and the like. But it had its upside as well. Hormel chili all the time, chicken fried steak/chicken, fried chicken, many stews, pot roasts, anything that could stretch for multiple meals for $4, hell fucking yes.
I've since eaten at some of the finest restaurants in the world. It's all fucking great except for the few things I named earlier, to me. Green beans of any sort are the fucking devil. I don't care what steakhouse or french place I'm at, if they have green beans on a plate as a "seasonal vegetable", especially after I've asked about what those involve and they didn't mention them, the whole fucking plate is going back - the only time I ever send something back. Ruins the taste of the whole damned plate. 
Yes, middle-aged man yells at cloud and such. 
Green beans huh? I figured you for Brussel Sprout hate. Go figure.

20 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

How is it a game changer? 

I'm going purely based off the article. If they're actively hooking guys up with deals or managing brands for the players that's a different story. The Oregon Accelerator sounds like a bigger deal based on how the article is written, but maybe you're privy to more than what is explained in there

ETA: When I said some of the stuff being worked on here at Texas, I definitely didn't mean what the school itself is doing 

A single booster just pledged millions of dollars to hire industry experts and professionals whos sole purpose it is to find deals and get Oregon payers paid. A professional staff without the intent to make a profit as a business solely to find money for Oregon players. That’s their full time, high paid jobs. 

Imagine a professional fund raiser at a charity or non profit with the sole purpose to get money to players, with a billionaire backing it and not giving a fuck about making money. It’s a game changer. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 7

Spoiler

Inside Texas goes one-on-one with elite junior receiver Jaquiaze Pettaway, USC quarterback commit Devin Brown, and east Texas native Trey Fite. Enjoy the evening news.

QB Devin Brown, Corner Canyon (Draper, UT) (USC) – 2022: 

The On3 No. 6 QB for 2022 (94 score) is committed to Southern Cal, but that hasn’t stopped schools from reaching out to the 6-foot-3, 189-pound four-star. “I’ve been hearing from some schools lately,” said Brown. “Texas has reached out.”

Texas might be looking for another signal-caller for this cycle, and Brown would more than fit. The former Queen Creek (AZ) star has notched over 3,000 passing yards and 28 touchdowns over the last two seasons. Watching the Horns score with ease has caught his eye. 

“Coach Sarkisian and the UT brand are obviously top notch,” said Brown. “It’s always going to be a very desirable place for anybody to play college football. For now, I am anxious to see who USC hires and what direction they’re going. College football is kind of a crazy world.”

Brown is a big relationship guy. That helps USC, but also the Horns, as he’s known Sarkisian for years. 

“I’m really close with a lot of (USC) coaches on the staff,” said Brown. “I really like those guys. Those personal relationships are a big part of the reason I committed and am still committed.”

Brown is keeping his options open, which is essential with his position in recruiting. And Texas has his attention. 

WR Jaquaize Pettaway, Langham Creek (Houston, TX) – 2023: 

The On3 No. 43 overall prospect for 2023 continues to be down right un-guardable. With 563 yards receiving and six touchdowns, on 24 catches in 2021, he’s picking up where he left off in 2020. The ultra dynamic playmaker continues to pace the Langham Creek offense. 

“This season is going great,” said Pettaway. “My team and I had a slow start (1-3) but that doesn’t matter, It’s all about district and how we finish. We’re just getting started. All four games, I’ve had over 100 receiving yards.” 
Despite the 1-3 start, the team and personal goals remain.

“My goals are to make it to playoffs,” Pettaway said. “I want to have more yards then I did last year, and I want that 300 yards in one game too.” 

Last year he tallied 1,004 yards receiving and nine scores, on 55 catches as a sophomore, and that translated to the track. He also posted a 10.55 100 and 21.72 200, with a long jump 21-5 1/2 in 2021. With 18 offers including LSU, OU, Notre Dame, and Texas A&M, Pettaway doesn’t have any leaders, but Alabama and UT are two programs on his mind. 

“Texas has shown nothing but love too me,” Pettaway said. “I’m very thankful and excited for what Texas has been doing and how much love they are showing me. Nothing but great vibes coming from them and I like it.” 

Pettaway is looking at a few programs to visit this fall, but his main focus is on his junior campaign.

“I’m going to try my best to make it to some games but nothing is promised due to school and practice,” Pettaway said. 

Hearing the Longhorns making such strong connections with the four-star is exactly what the 2023 class needs. 

DE/TE Trey Fite, Tatum (Tatum, TX) (LOUISIANA) – 2022: 

UT continues to keep the 6-foot-5, 210-pound #bEASTtexas athlete warm. And Arkansas and Kansas State are making credible pushes for the three-star’s services. He recently took an unofficial to Austin and loved the atmosphere. 

“It was fire,” said Fite, about his UT game experience. “It was really live, people were cool and hospitable. Texas was awesome. The coaches seemed really cool and engaged in his athletes. Overall, a good experience.” 

He holds 14 offers including Arkansas, Tulsa, and UH, and is taking an official visit to Manhattan, KS, this weekend. Seeing Moochie Dixon, Texas wide receiver and Carthage native, during his ATX trip was on the top of his list. 
“(Kelvontay) was getting ready for the game,” Fite said. “But we spoke and took a picture. Great guy.” 

Fite has some sneaky athleticism which benefits him in basketball and track and field. Keep him toasty, UT

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:
  Hide contents

Inside Texas goes one-on-one with elite junior receiver Jaquiaze Pettaway, USC quarterback commit Devin Brown, and east Texas native Trey Fite. Enjoy the evening news.

The On3 No. 6 QB for 2022 (94 score) is committed to Southern Cal, but that hasn’t stopped schools from reaching out to the 6-foot-3, 189-pound four-star. “I’ve been hearing from some schools lately,” said Brown. “Texas has reached out.”

Texas might be looking for another signal-caller for this cycle, and Brown would more than fit. The former Queen Creek (AZ) star has notched over 3,000 passing yards and 28 touchdowns over the last two seasons. Watching the Horns score with ease has caught his eye. 

“Coach Sarkisian and the UT brand are obviously top notch,” said Brown. “It’s always going to be a very desirable place for anybody to play college football. For now, I am anxious to see who USC hires and what direction they’re going. College football is kind of a crazy world.”

Brown is a big relationship guy. That helps USC, but also the Horns, as he’s known Sarkisian for years. 

“I’m really close with a lot of (USC) coaches on the staff,” said Brown. “I really like those guys. Those personal relationships are a big part of the reason I committed and am still committed.”

Brown is keeping his options open, which is essential with his position in recruiting. And Texas has his attention. 

The On3 No. 43 overall prospect for 2023 continues to be down right un-guardable. With 563 yards receiving and six touchdowns, on 24 catches in 2021, he’s picking up where he left off in 2020. The ultra dynamic playmaker continues to pace the Langham Creek offense. 

“This season is going great,” said Pettaway. “My team and I had a slow start (1-3) but that doesn’t matter, It’s all about district and how we finish. We’re just getting started. All four games, I’ve had over 100 receiving yards.” 

“My goals are to make it to playoffs,” Pettaway said. “I want to have more yards then I did last year, and I want that 300 yards in one game too.” 

Last year he tallied 1,004 yards receiving and nine scores, on 55 catches as a sophomore, and that translated to the track. He also posted a 10.55 100 and 21.72 200, with a long jump 21-5 1/2 in 2021. With 18 offers including LSU, OU, Notre Dame, and Texas A&M, Pettaway doesn’t have any leaders, but Alabama and UT are two programs on his mind. 

“Texas has shown nothing but love too me,” Pettaway said. “I’m very thankful and excited for what Texas has been doing and how much love they are showing me. Nothing but great vibes coming from them and I like it.” 

Pettaway is looking at a few programs to visit this fall, but his main focus is on his junior campaign.

“I’m going to try my best to make it to some games but nothing is promised due to school and practice,” Pettaway said. 

Hearing the Longhorns making such strong connections with the four-star is exactly what the 2023 class needs. 

UT continues to keep the 6-foot-5, 210-pound #bEASTtexas athlete warm. And Arkansas and Kansas State are making credible pushes for the three-star’s services. He recently took an unofficial to Austin and loved the atmosphere. 

“It was fire,” said Fite, about his UT game experience. “It was really live, people were cool and hospitable. Texas was awesome. The coaches seemed really cool and engaged in his athletes. Overall, a good experience.” 

He holds 14 offers including Arkansas, Tulsa, and UH, and is taking an official visit to Manhattan, KS, this weekend. Seeing Moochie Dixon, Texas wide receiver and Carthage native, during his ATX trip was on the top of his list. 
“(Kelvontay) was getting ready for the game,” Fite said. “But we spoke and took a picture. Great guy.” 

Fite has some sneaky athleticism which benefits him in basketball and track and field. Keep him toasty, UT

My dude, the paste as plain text prompt is your friend.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

QB Devin Brown, Corner Canyon (Draper, UT) (USC) – 2022: 

The On3 No. 6 QB for 2022 (94 score) is committed to Southern Cal, but that hasn’t stopped schools from reaching out to the 6-foot-3, 189-pound four-star. “I’ve been hearing from some schools lately,” said Brown. “Texas has reached out.”

WR Jaquaize Pettaway, Langham Creek (Houston, TX) – 2023: 

The On3 No. 43 overall prospect for 2023 continues to be down right un-guardable. With 563 yards receiving and six touchdowns, on 24 catches in 2021, he’s picking up where he left off in 2020. The ultra dynamic playmaker continues to pace the Langham Creek offense. 

DE/TE Trey Fite, Tatum (Tatum, TX) (LOUISIANA) – 2022: 

For dark mode

• Hook 'Em 4

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting