Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

See, and that's why I love you guys on this board. You're a bunch of fucking dorks when it comes to the high school side of things. So there we have it, 4 years at QB. Dude isn't new to the role.

Very gentlemanly of you to limit it to the high school side of things…appreciate that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

See, and that's why I love you guys on this board. You're a bunch of fucking dorks when it comes to the high school side of things. So there we have it, 4 years at QB. Dude isn't new to the role.

And it's not like Lake Travis High School said, "Let's start a guy, who's only ever played WR, at the QB1 with no experience. He's never even thrown a ball, but fuck it, it's not like we're going to be in contention for a state title this year". 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Damn you all. I had to use my index finger to scroll all the way to the top of this thread to confirm it was the recruiting thread and not shitty posting thread.

Tell me you're old, without telling me you're old.

Oh, and that button right there will take you back to the top for free, without all the scrolling.

636170002_ScreenShot2021-09-29at7_43_28PM.thumb.png.9f6351b00b4c2db52fffa2104d186512.png

• Haha 7

23 hours ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Most people wanted White Boy Reese dropped from his recruiting class because of his drug arrest. Kid came here and didn't do shit on the football team but he did get into med school. Who knows where he ends up had he gotten processed. All I'm saying his give these kids a bit of grace. And yeah sure some of them will squander the opportunity but I bet in most of that cases there is a larger conversation to be had.

Probably med school.  It's not like his parents were hurting for tuition money.

He's in his third year of training as a QB. Not one. Three. Let's keep the fact set straight.
The reality is that if someone is going to be a big dog, they're going to bite you as a pup. It's one thing to need experience, and quite another to shit yourself and collapse into a puddle of timid insecurity at the first sign of adversity playing on the road. The psychological aspects of playing QB aren't easily changed for a player. Some guys have it, and others simply do not. 
What I'm saying is, I'm not writing Jagger McJaggsalot off just yet, but I'm probably writing him off. He'll be throwing darts at UTSA this time next season. 

Y’all are about to trigger the Lake Travis jocksniff that declared Garrett Wilson to UT. I have personal knowledge that GW was never going to commit to Herman and his dad thought he was a complete asshole. But, back to the program for LT guy to jump in all butthurt.

10 minutes ago, Tree Fidy said:

Y’all are about to trigger the Lake Travis jocksniff that declared Garrett Wilson to UT. I have personal knowledge that GW was never going to commit to Herman and his dad thought he was a complete asshole. But, back to the program for LT guy to jump in all butthurt.

Garrett Wilson's dad thought that Tom Herman was a complete asshole? Color no one on the recruiting subforum surprised. I'm sure Ohio State also helped reinforce the terrible reputation of Tom Herman as icing on that recruitment.

You must be talking about triggering @Longhorn94, the resident Lake Travis honk on the board.

2 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Tell me you're old, without telling me you're old.

Oh, and that button right there will take you back to the top for free, without all the scrolling.

636170002_ScreenShot2021-09-29at7_43_28PM.thumb.png.9f6351b00b4c2db52fffa2104d186512.png

That button lays on top of the board and is displeasing to look at so I disavowed using it a long time ago as a protest against bad UI design. On the mobile website. 

Edited by Dbeasy

28 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

That button lays on top of the board and is displeasing to look at so I disavowed using it a long time ago as a protest against bad UI design. On the mobile website. 

If you’re on an iPhone just tap where it shows the battery level and it’ll take you to the top of the page. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Colt McCoy bulked up so much between his RS Sophomore and Junior Years folks accused him of being on the juice. And his balls became fucking darts. Just not NFL level darts. So yes. 

I thought steroids made your balls shrink.

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Haha 4

47 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Look, Mr. Geek Squad, I have my secretary print out these threads and then type up my handwritten replies, so all this gobbledygook you’re spewing doesn’t help me one bit.  

Furthermore, everyone needs to start posting “gifs” and “hudls” in printer friendly formats.  

I had a professor do this.  Secretary prints out email and FedEx's to him.  He writes reply and FedEx's it back.  She receives and then sends reply email

53 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Look, Mr. Geek Squad, I have my secretary print out these threads and then type up my handwritten replies, so all this gobbledygook you’re spewing doesn’t help me one bit.  

Furthermore, everyone needs to start posting “gifs” and “hudls” in printer friendly formats.  

What are these “gifs” you speak of? Are you referring to tinymovies?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I wonder if Card will just accept that he isn’t ready and be mature and humble enough to learn. After being shell shocked at piggy does he have the maturity to say. Fuck man that’s a little more than I thought but I’ll get there or just fuck it I’m cutting bait 

This is written by someone who believes that the kid is the driver behind the transfer decision and not the parent(s).

Card knows that he’s not ready and probably also questions whether he’ll ever be ready, but he most likely isn’t the decision maker when it comes to staying or transferring. 

Card seems like a poor man’s Chris Simms in his early years. 

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

This is written by someone who believes that the kid is the driver behind the transfer decision and not the parent(s).

Card knows that he’s not ready and probably also questions whether he’ll ever be ready, but he most likely isn’t the decision maker when it comes to staying or transferring. 

He’s a freshman you saw have one bad game. Relax on the overevaluation.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Lets hope Auburn boat-races LSU.

FEI Projection: LSU wins 31-28

SP+: Auburn wins 28-26

current Prediction Tracker leader (PI Ratings Bias) has LSU winning by 0.9 points) - the average of all the Prediction Tracker systems is 2.87 with a 3.00 mean in favor of LSU winning.

basically all of the advanced prediction systems have it as a very close game...

Edited by NoName

in case folks are curious about how the drive rate and per play / explosive / havoc rate stats have looked for Texas this year, i posted some that ksu_FAN puts together on twitter

basically Texas has one of the best offenses in the league so far, along with BU and TCU

Texas has an incredible TD rate on offense (TD / Drivs) of 57.6% - league avg is 36.1%

Texas juiced the hell out of the TTU offensive per play stats - in explosive yardages and average yards per play (Texas is at 6.69 and TTU is at 7.48 per offensive play)

anyway this shows some comparisons and the end result is Texas has a damn good offense.

Spoiler

FAOHekAWQAIy422?format=png&name=900x900

FAOHu9yUYAgEYFC?format=png&name=small

FAOH1YxUcAMZE6O?format=png&name=360x360

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, NoName said:

FEI Projection: LSU wins 31-28

SP+: Auburn wins 28-26

current Prediction Tracker leader (PI Ratings Bias) has LSU winning by 0.9 points) - the average of all the Prediction Tracker systems is 2.87 with a 3.00 mean in favor of LSU winning.

basically all of the advanced prediction systems have it as a very close game...

Another data point to consider:

Line: LSU -3.5, o/u: 54.5

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, NoName said:

in case folks are curious about how the drive rate and per play / explosive / havoc rate stats have looked for Texas this year, i posted some that ksu_FAN puts together on twitter

basically Texas has one of the best offenses in the league so far, along with BU and TCU

Texas has an incredible TD rate on offense (TD / Drivs) of 57.6% - league avg is 36.1%

Texas juiced the hell out of the TTU offensive per play stats - in explosive yardages and average yards per play (Texas is at 6.69 and TTU is at 7.48 per offensive play)

anyway this shows some comparisons and the end result is Texas has a damn good offense.

Hide contents

FAOHekAWQAIy422?format=png&name=900x900

FAOHu9yUYAgEYFC?format=png&name=small

FAOH1YxUcAMZE6O?format=png&name=360x360

This may be ignorant on my part because I don't go in depth reviewing the published analytics the way many do here, but these data points seem so biased this early in the year.

Specifically, Baylor went apeshit against a bad FCS team in TSU and then again against one of the worst P5 teams in CFB in Kansas. So without that context, their offense looks high powered. Having watched them only against Iowa State, I wasn't impressed with their offense at all. They won that game due to timely special teams play and Brock Purdy appearing to have no interest in winning. In fact, the offense looked pedestrian.

Think about the Texas defensive numbers in the context of D'shawn Jamison shitting himself on two plays each going for 69+ yards and a score. You take a bad game for the defense against Arkansas and then garbage work by Tech and the picture after 4 games looks grim. Similarly, Tech's offense looks pretty good in these statistics and what we witnessed on Saturday looks like a 4-8 team. I figure they're beating Kansas, losing to everyone else, and Wells will have his weak ass fired and thrown out on the street by December. 

I guess time will tell. Or you guys will tell me that these numbers adjust for strength of opponent or something. 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This may be ignorant on my part because I don't go in depth reviewing the published analytics the way many do here, but these data points seem so biased this early in the year.

Specifically, Baylor went apeshit against a bad FCS team in TSU and then again against one of the worst P5 teams in CFB in Kansas. So without that context, their offense looks high powered. Having watched them only against Iowa State, I wasn't impressed with their offense at all. They won that game due to timely special teams play and Brock Purdy appearing to have no interest in winning. In fact, the offense looked pedestrian.

Think about the Texas defensive numbers in the context of D'shawn Jamison shitting himself on two plays each going for 69+ yards and a score. You take a bad game for the defense against Arkansas and then garbage work by Tech and the picture after 4 games looks grim. Similarly, Tech's offense looks pretty good in these statistics and what we witnessed on Saturday looks like a 4-8 team. I figure they're beating Kansas, losing to everyone else, and Wells will have his weak ass fired and thrown out on the street by December. 

I guess time will tell. Or you guys will tell me that these numbers adjust for strength of opponent or something. 

You’re correct. Those are unadjusted numbers I believe, so they’re pretty fucking useless this early in the season with so many teams playing only patsies OOC. Unadjusted numbers don’t become very useful until later in the season. I prefer only conference games for stuff like that so you at least have some commonality of opponent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

You’re correct. Those are unadjusted numbers I believe, so they’re pretty fucking useless this early in the season with so many teams playing only patsies OOC. Unadjusted numbers don’t become very useful until later in the season. I prefer only conference games for stuff like that so you at least have some commonality of opponent. 

Isn’t there some asshole who does adjusted stats?

Spoiler

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, closetojumping said:

He's in his third year of training as a QB. Not one. Three. Let's keep the fact set straight.

The reality is that if someone is going to be a big dog, they're going to bite you as a pup. It's one thing to need experience, and quite another to shit yourself and collapse into a puddle of timid insecurity at the first sign of adversity playing on the road. The psychological aspects of playing QB aren't easily changed for a player. Some guys have it, and others simply do not. 

What I'm saying is, I'm not writing Jagger McJaggsalot off just yet, but I'm probably writing him off. He'll be throwing darts at UTSA this time next season. 

I’d like to know who in our program was throwing it out there that he was reminiscent of Aaron Rodgers, so I know to never listen to them again. About anything. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

I’d like to know who in our program was throwing it out there that he was reminiscent of Aaron Rodgers, so I know to never listen to them again. About anything. 

JFC, he is a Freshman, give the dude a chance. And to your point about Aaron Rodgers, he has a similar skill set from what I have seen. Quick release, strong arm, can throw from different angles and accurate on the run. I'm not the one that said it but I certainly see it on occasion. Aaron didn't play as a freshman either even at dog shit Cal.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

JFC, he is a Freshman, give the dude a chance. And to your point about Aaron Rodgers, he has a similar skill set from what I have seen. Quick release, strong arm, can throw from different angles and accurate on the run. I'm not the one that said it but I certainly see it on occasion. Aaron didn't play as a freshman either even at dog shit Cal.

We was at JUCO, so that's correct. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Why are we writing Card off already? Holy shit. The kid beat a top 25 team his first game and played an efficient game, converting a number of critical third and longs. Then he goes on the road and unravels against what we now know is a legitimate top 10 quality Arkansas team with a front 7 from the pit of Hades. Does that mean he will never play again here? We are being ridiculous. the kid is a RS Freshman and will get another opportunity to play. Casey is not going to continue this pace forever. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting