Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

JFC, he is a Freshman, give the dude a chance. And to your point about Aaron Rodgers, he has a similar skill set from what I have seen. Quick release, strong arm, can throw from different angles and accurate on the run. I'm not the one that said it but I certainly see it on occasion. Aaron didn't play as a freshman either even at dog shit Cal.

There were at least 2 big plays that he pretty badly missed on deep balls. They were the ones you have to hit if you want to stay in a tough game on the road. Especially if the coach picked you as starter for your passing ability.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Satoshi said:

There were at least 2 big plays that he pretty badly missed on deep balls. They were the ones you have to hit if you want to stay in a tough game on the road. Especially if the coach picked you as starter for your passing ability.

So what's your point? 1, game, two throws, fuck the kid and take his scholarship?

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Why are we writing Card off already? Holy shit. The kid beat a top 25 team his first game and played an efficient game, converting a number of critical third and longs. Then he goes on the road and unravels against what we now know is a legitimate top 10 quality Arkansas team with a front 7 from the pit of Hades. Does that mean he will never play again here? We are being ridiculous. the kid is a RS Freshman and will get another opportunity to play. Casey is not going to continue this pace forever. 

How often do kids earn the starting QB job, lose it in humiliating fashion, and then regroup and come back a year or two later to become a good starter at the same school? I don’t have any hard numbers but it feels pretty rare. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

How often do kids earn the starting QB job, lose it in humiliating fashion, and then regroup and come back a year or two later to become a good starter at the same school? I don’t have any hard numbers but it feels pretty rare. 

Chris Simms, I'm sure there are many more but that was the first to come to mind.

20 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

You probably like places like Main Event in Round Rock, or other shitty family fun centers. I like bowling in shithole bowling alleys. Dart Bowl was the best bowling alley in Austin, they served delicious enchiladas, and they had Austin Beerworks for $4 a pop. In short, sir, you are a fucking idiot. 

Main Event is also a shithole, it just lacks the dive bar vibe. It's also technically in Austin, but I digress.

Pointing out that Dart Bowl is a shithole isn't a judgement of you. Bowling sucks. Go do something else. 

1 minute ago, Satoshi said:

I question the accuracy on the run that you highlighted as part of his skill set. 

You are entitled to that but you are also looking at a tiny sample size. Card was picked to start over Thompson by Steve Fucking Sarkisian. Whether you like the dude or not, you have to admit he has a phenomenal resume when it comes to Quarterbacks with few misses from my POV. I have to give him the benefit of the doubt that there is potential greatness in Card. You can't and won't get that greatness out if you shit on him and throw him away.

9 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Main Event is also a shithole, it just lacks the dive bar vibe. It's also technically in Austin, but I digress.

Pointing out that Dart Bowl is a shithole isn't a judgement of you. Bowling sucks. Go do something else. 

Main Event is a soulless shithole with no redeeming qualities.  Dart Bowl was a shithole with some character and amazing enchiladas.  Fuck Main Event and every place like it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Main Event is a soulless shithole with no redeeming qualities.  Dart Bowl was a shithole with some character and amazing enchiladas.  Fuck Main Event and every place like it.

Its A Trap GIF

Those places are designed to suck money out of your wallet and life out of your soul. Give me an old fashioned family owned bowling alley any day.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

You deserve to be negged for that. If you don't know the scenario, you aren't a fan or just a kid yourself which I'm guessing isn't accurate. Maybe you are just trolling me.........whatever.

I was joking. I was trying to avoid Simms/Applewhite. I was at UT at same time. A friend of mine was Major’s weed guy. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Are we any closer to either A) solving the impending qb room crisis when Casey gets drafted in April and Babyhands transfers to the carnival or B) cracking the Dart Bowl enchilada recipe? I have some work to do today, but it can wait if need be.

B) you have to use Land O Lakes extra melt cheese. Still trying to find the sauce. Mine comes out too dark generally.

2d974c70ded2e051d6f58eac1adf3d41.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

At least he didn't get yanked for throwing it to the other team like Simms did, repeatedly.

18 minutes ago, Masshole Horn said:

B) you have to use Land O Lakes extra melt cheese. Still trying to find the sauce. Mine comes out too dark generally.

2d974c70ded2e051d6f58eac1adf3d41.jpg

The Homesick Texan enchilada sauce recipe is pretty legit.

You just have to use a decent chili powder. I recommend going to the bulk section at Central Market and smelling all of the different chili powders and picking the one that you like best.

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

The Homesick Texan enchilada sauce recipe is pretty legit.

You just have to use a decent chili powder. I recommend going to the bulk section at Central Market and smelling all of the different chili powders and picking the one that you like best.

I recommend buying dried ancho peppers and grinding them into powder with a spice grinder. That's the best way to do it. 

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Bowling sucks. Go do something else. 

I only go bowling because it's your mother's preferred post-coital activity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Why are we writing Card off already? Holy shit. The kid beat a top 25 team his first game and played an efficient game, converting a number of critical third and longs. Then he goes on the road and unravels against what we now know is a legitimate top 10 quality Arkansas team with a front 7 from the pit of Hades. Does that mean he will never play again here? We are being ridiculous. the kid is a RS Freshman and will get another opportunity to play. Casey is not going to continue this pace forever. 

It's been discussed that Louisiana was overrated even going back to their performances last season as they played inferior competition in Tom Herman fashion leading to multiple close victories (https://ragincajuns.com/sports/football/schedule/2020).

"Front 7 from the pit of Hades" - that's aggy speak for justifying a shitty performance against an opponent, be it individual or team. And yet Texas was actually able to score against Arkansas in that game.

Will Card play again as the starting QB for the University of Texas? Maybe. Maybe not. 

Suggesting Casey "is not going to continue this pace forever" ? Maybe fuck yourself.

• Like 2

Quick point of personal privilege, guys. Can we please keep the dart bowl chatter to a minimum? I’m one of the people who’s very, very prone to sensory overload in surly threads. It’s making it very difficult for me to focus. Please, I know we’re all fresh and ready to go, but can we please just keep the dart bowl chatter to a minimum?

2 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

Quick point of personal privilege, guys. Can we please keep the dart bowl chatter to a minimum? I’m one of the people who’s very, very prone to sensory overload in surly threads. It’s making it very difficult for me to focus. Please, I know we’re all fresh and ready to go, but can we please just keep the dart bowl chatter to a minimum?

I love Bandera bowl in San Antonio. 

6 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

kingpin GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

I love Bandera bowl in San Antonio. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting