Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

To be clear, BO&W doesn't even faintly speak for the rest of us here. I, personally, can't really figure out what a "youth movement" gets us at this point. I don't think Texas is loaded with talent, but it certainly has enough to win each of the games it lost this year. 

Now, are some of our players "not good", yes. We have a problem at QB where both main candidates have major flaws. They're both JAGs, and that isn't helping the poor coaching. We have a weak WR room behind the first wave of guys. On defense, I don't even know what in the fuck to make of what kind of talent Texas has on that side because the coaching has been so thoroughly poor.

To be clear with regards to your fortuna comment last night....

Lets Go Come On Man GIF by filmeditor

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, immamac said:

not to give away too much because you should listen to the Ja'Tavion Sanders interview yourself. He said something very interesting about execution "thing that happen in practice like drops, they were just happening to us in the game at key moments" 

These guys aren't good in practice either, it's not that they are awesome then something weird happens in game. They are making simple mistakes in practice and then in the game they make those simple mistakes as well. 

The interview was by far the most honest, transparent and best interview we've had with the burnt ends up to this point and you can tell that JT is doing his best to develop into something when his number gets called. 

Appreciate the Cliff Notes.

Cliffs Notes Cover | Meme Generator

I’m nowhere near conceding Stewart to A&M. If he commits there, then they deserve to sign him. It also means they missed elsewhere and are seeing to it that he isn’t on our sideline to play against them. From what I’ve seen, they have a specific plan as to how their resources are allocated recruiting wise. Jimbo might be an embarrassment of a guy in the real world, but he understands what to do on the recruiting trail. I’m not sold Sark is that guy yet. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

I’m nowhere near conceding Stewart to A&M. If he commits there, then they deserve to sign him. It also means they missed elsewhere and are seeing to it that he isn’t on our sideline to play against them. From what I’ve seen, they have a specific plan as to how their resources are allocated recruiting wise. Jimbo might be an embarrassment of a guy in the real world, but he understands what to do on the recruiting trail. I’m not sold Sark is that guy yet. 

Feel like Stewart would be the type to take the cash up front then have a late change of heart, sign at UT and keep the cash anyways

4 hours ago, immamac said:

not to give away too much because you should listen to the Ja'Tavion Sanders interview yourself. He said something very interesting about execution "thing that happen in practice like drops, they were just happening to us in the game at key moments" 

These guys aren't good in practice either, it's not that they are awesome then something weird happens in game. They are making simple mistakes in practice and then in the game they make those simple mistakes as well. 

The interview was by far the most honest, transparent and best interview we've had with the burnt ends up to this point and you can tell that JT is doing his best to develop into something when his number gets called. 

L. O. L. Anybody know how you teach a 19-21 year old kid how to catch in the middle of the season after he’s played the position for most of his life? Yeah me neither. #2024 #TraylorNatty20__ 

6 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

He was basically a WR. He didn't play TE.

I wasn’t talking about any player specifically, sanders made it sound like the entire wr/te room struggles catching in practice. If that’s really the case then we are completely fucked lol. WR’s who can’t catch, OL who struggle with basic blocking schemes, qb’s who have poor mechanics and it seems like the list just goes on and on. The portal can only fix so much man. 

Edited by WinningIsHard
I’m an Idoit

Just now, WinningIsHard said:

I wasn’t talking about any player specifically, sanders made it sound like the entire wr/te room struggles catching in practice. If that’s really the case then we are completely fucked lol. WR’s who can’t catch, OL who struggle with basic blocking schemes, qb’s who have poor mechanics and it seems like the most just goes on and on. The portal can only fix so much man. 

So I think we will probably have a new WR coach next season. 

15 hours ago, Barbacoa said:

I realize this is some chicken-little stuff but it’s starting to feel like they have unlimited “resources” while we have none. Have yet to see one recruitment we’re competitive in on that front. 

17 hours ago, victory88 said:

Yup, this should tell you all you need to know about where we stand with Evan Stewart.

I don’t think that’s the case at all.  Stewart has an open invitation to join the party no matter who’s committed.  Nahlin compares this guy to Marcus Johnson (great team guy but not likely to be a first round draft pick, just not quick twitch enough).  

13 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

I don’t think that’s the case at all.  Stewart has an open invitation to join the party no matter who’s committed.  Nahlin compares this guy to Marcus Johnson (great team guy but not likely to be a first round draft pick, just not quick twitch enough).  

in that case he shouldn't be a take. Those are the type of Wr's that don't work out here, Washington, Woodard, ect. We should be getting burners.

6 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

in that case he shouldn't be a take. Those are the type of Wr's that don't work out here, Washington, Woodard, ect. We should be getting burners.

At this point it think taking a few guys that can simply catch a football is a good move.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting