Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

I know this is a 2022 thread and some have maybe seen it but I thought it served some importance for these WRs in 2022

2023 4star DeSoto WR Johntay Cook 

"The trip to A&M was live. I had never been to a game at Kyle Field and it was loud as hell," said Cook. "But here is the difference between Texas and Texas A&M. Right now Texas has the scheme but not the players, A&M has the players but not the scheme. I mean A&M is running like the Wishbone offense, it's cool and all but if Jimbo opened it up that would be serious.

Its that fucking simple. It ain’t Rocket science. Man has been running the same offense for years and you think he’s going to open it up cause your coming….smh 

sorry I had to get that off my chest due to the Stewart news Breathe Franchesca Ramsey GIF by chescaleigh

Did he really say that?  Wise beyond his years

3 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

But it’s not. Kid could have a career ending injury his first day of spring camp. Now he has 300k. At this point in time, sign here and he’s got nothing.

He wasn't going to get nothing for signing here. Barbacoa up thread said he was going to get $200k for signing here.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

But it’s not. Kid could have a career ending injury his first day of spring camp. Now he has 300k. At this point in time, sign here and he’s got nothing.

300K dropped into Doge coin. Man that kids gonna be loaded. I mean he will like reach 305K.   But this is the take. He’s basically gonna do nothing Barely play school, catch about 10 balls a year minimized impact on the body and pocket some good starter portfolio cash 

Edited by Sgt Hulk

6 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

But “what if” he doesn’t. Now you just you took 300k instead of going somewhere balking out and potentially becoming a early draft pick with guaranteed millions. 

I mean does Jimbo even have a WR in the league now???

7 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I figure he’s referring by as much to players portaling out (since the coaches have supposedly met with all our players) as new commits, but we’ll see. 

I don't think kids are hitting Hayes up for edits before they enter the transfer portal.  Besides, it's not like anyone on our team other than Bijan or Worthy entering the portal would be significant news anyway.  Bijan said he's not going anywhere, and Worthy would be silly to leave before accepting the BAMF award.  

Seems to me he's clearly talking about commits dropping. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lone Star Horn said:

Man, finally able to catch up on this thread.

All the Burnt Ends talk, I had to pull the trigger and join, also tossed a little into the slush fund. 

Thank for all the info.

I just did too and I hate this team outside of three individuals. Help be part of the solution. Now back to the football board with my fellow mouthbreathers.

• Hook 'Em 5

32 minutes ago, D3zii said:

But “what if” he doesn’t. Now you just you took 300k instead of going somewhere balking out and potentially becoming a early draft pick with guaranteed millions. 

I mean does Jimbo even have a WR in the league now???

It’s like winning the lotto take the full payment today or spilt over 50 years. Smart man says give it to me today. Again this dude could get injured. He could also be a bust and suck shit. Or he could get busted dealing ketamine with his fellow teammates but don’t care got paid is on the 17 year old mindset 

11 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

McKenzie reminds me of Kenneth Murray jr that was a pain in our ass for a few years and went to the chargers. I’d love if we could turn him into an edge guy who could wreck havoc in the run and pass game. 

He seems like the type PK is targeting for his defensive scheme idk if he’s as athletic or fast as Perkins but he seems like a solid player 

4 minutes ago, D3zii said:

He seems like the type PK is targeting for his defensive scheme idk if he’s as athletic or fast as Perkins but he seems like a solid player 

When your LB room is stocked with multiple guys that can't run or hit, a guy that plays physical but can't run is still an upgrade.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, D3zii said:

I hated Orlando's recruiting of ILB. He said he recruited for his edge position, which he basically scrapped at Texas. So you had all these guys that played off the edge in HS, Malik, McCulloch, and Ossai, that had to learn ILB. I think people woefully under-estimate the need for ability to read from that position. It almost like QB on defense. You have 1-2 seconds to read your keys and make a play. That ability (with adequate athleticism) can trump athleticism. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

When your LB room is stocked with multiple guys that can't run or hit, a guy that plays physical but can't run is still an upgrade.

I agree. The more bodies the better especially at that position. Is he an early enrollee?

His scouting profile sounds good too.

Spoiler

Big-bodied linebacker with good height and virtually college-ready size at multiple spots. Frame could allow for enough bulk addition to move down with a hand on the ground if desired. Experience on the edge and in the middle with potential position and scheme versatility long-term. Strong tackler with impressive arriving power. Closes well downhill and actively pursues laterally. Size and strength to get off blocks in run game. Ball-aware and goes for the big play. Dangerous as a blitzer. Can improve pad level and leverage consistency. Sometimes contacts too high as a tackler. Continued development of close-quarters agility and fluidity key to coverage potential. Bona fide Power 5-caliber linebacker with potential to become quality multi-year starter at high-major level.

Edited by RaysBoomBoomRoom

11 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

I agree. The more bodies the better especially at that position. Is he an early enrollee?

His scouting profile sounds good too.

Reveal hidden contents

Big-bodied linebacker with good height and virtually college-ready size at multiple spots. Frame could allow for enough bulk addition to move down with a hand on the ground if desired. Experience on the edge and in the middle with potential position and scheme versatility long-term. Strong tackler with impressive arriving power. Closes well downhill and actively pursues laterally. Size and strength to get off blocks in run game. Ball-aware and goes for the big play. Dangerous as a blitzer. Can improve pad level and leverage consistency. Sometimes contacts too high as a tackler. Continued development of close-quarters agility and fluidity key to coverage potential. Bona fide Power 5-caliber linebacker with potential to become quality multi-year starter at high-major level.

Strong tackler?  He’s already the best on the defense.  Sign him up 

3 of Agbo, Neto, Dewberry, Campbell, Banks, Williams, and Greene along with the 2 OL we already have committed would be a really, really good sign for Sark’s ability to change the programs trajectory.  What he does with the OL (both portal and recruiting) this offseason will probably be the biggest single factor in determining his outcome at Texas.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Why is everyone so against getting Lake??? Washington always had a top secondary. 

Because he's an asshole to the degree of getting fired for it and doesn't even recruit to make up for it.

Edited by Teryor
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

Have you dickweeds seen the Devin Brown QB hudl? Looks like us vs. Ohio State. Don't know how he's not a five star but holy shit.

You’re trying to talk rational to posters that still don’t understand why a high school kid would choose playing for a winning team > playing for a loser but getting more stats.

• Hook 'Em 1

Sark just needs to have milwee camping outside the OSU qb room waiting for the first person to leave.  If none do, you should have a leg up on Brown. 

If Day is able to hold that QB room together and pull in a talent like brown I can only assume he has sold his soul to the devil. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, EZ$ said:

So basically all Jimbo has to “say” is he’s opening it up and this guy will commit. 

If it wasn't for Jameis Winston Dumbo Fister might be picking cuck out of his teeth at a G5 school. Now he is at Sheep Farmer U picking wool out of his teeth from sucking off sheep while his minions drop bags for players he has no idea how to utilize.

5 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

Have you dickweeds seen the Devin Brown QB hudl? Looks like us vs. Ohio State. Don't know how he's not a five star but holy shit.

We are suffering from Battered Wife Syndrome or SatyanashismWith Riley goign to USC and him being a former commit there, there is a worry that USC becomes a big player in that recruitment over the next 2 weeks. 

(SIAP - from Buckeye 47 - note from Kurelic, and a couple of Q/As from the thread. Mostly on Devin Brown.)

VIP intel on Ohio State and the quarterbacks

Bill Kurelic

Spoiler

VIP intel on Ohio State and the quarterbacks

Bill Kurelic

1) The Ohio State staff is on the road recruiting this week and can have face-to-face contact with 2022 prospects. On Monday Ryan Day, Corey Dennis and Brian Hartline visited with quarterback Devin Brown from Draper (Utah) Corner Canyon as reported on Bucknuts. I am hearing the visit went very well.

2) Previously I had written in my column that there was going to be change in the Ohio State quarterback room. Since then Jack Miller has entered the transfer portal. The movement from what I am hearing may not be over.

3) Lincoln Riley wants to meet yet this week with Brown, but I am told the odds of Brown ending up at USC are not high at all. Either Ohio State or Texas is the likely destinations for Brown. Steve Sarkisian wants to make a visit with Brown, but since Texas quarterbacks coach AJ Milwee visited with Brown earlier this week, Sarkisian can’t make his visit until at least Sunday. Day may have played this one perfectly.

4) Brown doesn’t want to drag his decision out, and again I am hearing the visit with Day, Dennis and Hartline went very well.

5) Previously in my feature “If I had to predict right now…” I have said I would take the field versus Ohio State. I don’t feel that way now. I now feel it is on Texas to change things back and my prediction right now is Brown to Ohio State.

6) The 6-foot-3 and 189-pound Brown is a 4-star prospect in the 247Sports Composite. He is the country’s No. 59 overall 2022 prospect, the No. 5 quarterback and the No. 1 prospect in Utah.

*******************************************************************************************************

Q: When is he committing ?

A:  We are not sure of exact date. From what I am hearing it could be as soon as sometime this weekend, but may go into next week, but not likely much longer than that.

Q: You mentioned Day playing Browns in-home visit very well. Texas board says Sark is getting his visit Sunday. Do you mean he played it well because he was with Dennis?

A: He may have played it well because it has OSU in a good position and he got in first. Sometimes it works to be first in. Sark is supposed to visit Brown on Sunday, but Brown will have had all week to think about what Day and company told him.

9 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

We are suffering from Battered Wife Syndrome or SatyanashismWith Riley goign to USC and him being a former commit there, there is a worry that USC becomes a big player in that recruitment over the next 2 weeks. 

Malachi just switched his commitment to usc that room is gonna be full soon as well. We are as barren as a 80 year olds vagina. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

3 of Agbo, Neto, Dewberry, Campbell, Banks, Williams, and Greene along with the 2 OL we already have committed would be a really, really good sign for Sark’s ability to change the programs trajectory.  What he does with the OL (both portal and recruiting) this offseason will probably be the biggest single factor in determining his outcome at Texas.

Fuck that shit.... take as many of them that want in and figure the rest out later. 

Edited by Lou_Sassle
  • Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting