Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Bud Elliot is generally pretty trustworthy, seems convinced Cristobal is going to jump ship to Miami so it's obvious why I'm putting it here. Between Cristobal leaving, Ewers entering the portal, and Fatterson potentially coming here it could end up being a pretty pivotal day. 

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

13 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Bud Elliot is generally pretty trustworthy, seems convinced Cristobal is going to jump ship to Miami so it's obvious why I'm putting it here. Between Cristobal leaving, Ewers entering the portal, and Fatterson potentially coming here it could end up being a pretty pivotal day. 

Yep - Perroni reported today that if Banks did flip it would likely be to Texas.  Have to believe that Cristobal leaving means he is taking the OL coach with him (who happens to be his best friend).  Between that and the other issue - Banks isn't long for Oregon.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

Yep - Perroni reported today that if Banks did flip it would likely be to Texas.  Have to believe that Cristobal leaving means he is taking the OL coach with him (who happens to be his best friend).  Between that and the other issue - Banks isn't long for Oregon.

And the other OT. Williams?

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

You'd have to think he'd be a candidate as well - but I know that its been reported Banks has a medical issue in his family and that he may want to play closer to home.

I wonder if Cristobal would try to take Williams to Miami with him.

I believe Texas did an in-home with Williams this week

• Hook 'Em 2

By this time next week, we could have some combination of announcements that:

- Gary Patterson is coming to be a co-DC/passing game coordinator

- Bombshell #2 NIL announcement 

- Quinn Ewers transferring to Texas

- Tommy Moffitt coming for S&C coach

These are not just message board wishcasting, and all but the last one seem more likely than not to varying degrees at this point. If we can get 2-3 of them, we could end up with significantly more of the uncommitted recruits on our board than we were  expecting just 24 hours ago. 

I also agree that if we don’t get Ewers, Sark is done. I can’t see how recovers from that. This program is on the knife’s edge for how the next few years will go. This week is going to be nerve-wracking. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, 60HornStampede said:

Maybe Sark was waiting for his ace before he walked into the in-homes. The river may have been good to him …or maybe he’s known a while.

I really want to believe this is calculated and timed to perfection, but I am old and cynical and it is far more likely we are getting a lucky break. Either way, I desperately hope Sark can pull it off. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I also agree that if we don’t get Ewers, Sark is done. 

Yup. This should be a layup if the 3 schools involved are Texas, Tech, and aggy. 

If Ewers wants to recruit guys from the '22 class that isn't going to happen at Tech and I can't see Ewers wanting to battle Weigman since he just transferred from Ohio State for that very reason. 

Throw in the fact Ewers grew up a Longhorn fan and already committed here this has to be a win for Sark. A chance to completely shift momentum on a layup are the battles you have to win. 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

When has Tommy Moffitt to Texas been a rumor? Any connections with Sark? If that were to be a possibility it would need too happen with lightning speed. The offseason is right around the corner

No rumors, and that’s why I said it’s the lowest probability of the four.  But he’s on the market for the first time in 20 years and our S&C program needs an upgrade, so I hope it’s the kind of move our HC/AD/BOR who are supposedly so committed to winning would jump on. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, 60HornStampede said:

Maybe Sark was waiting for his ace before he walked into the in-homes. The river may have been good to him …or maybe he’s known a while.

I thought it was strange that Sark was saving his in-home visits for later.  With Jimbo showing up and not sitting in the corner watching, my first thought was why isn’t Sark going in?  If he knew all the potential news that could be happening and was basically waiting to walk in and drop his Dick on the table after Jimbo shot his load…..that’s a MasterClass in teabagging the competition.  This is the kind of “Fuck y’all, we’re Texas” that I am all about. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Yup. This should be a layup if the 3 schools involved are Texas, Tech, and aggy. 

If Ewers wants to recruit guys from the '22 class that isn't going to happen at Tech and I can't see Ewers wanting to battle Weigman since he just transferred from Ohio State for that very reason. 

Throw in the fact Ewers grew up a Longhorn fan and already committed here this has to be a win for Sark. A chance to completely shift momentum on a layup are the battles you have to win. 

Exactly right. It’s why whiffing would be so catastrophic for him. Like losing to Kansas. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TriStone said:

No, we should fire the coach after one season.  That's definitely the right move.  Good coaches will be lining up to come here, thrilled to know they'll have one whole fucking season to put their system in place.

We SHOULD fire this dipshit after one year and then offer Saban/Urban/Dabo 25-30M a year, whatever it takes to get them. Make the Bamas and aggys and any other team trying to compete go broke trying to keep up, at least make their boosters start paying sofucki g much to try and keep their coach that it diminishes their appetite or ability to buy recruits.  

What’s the point in being the big chip stack if you’re not going to use it to push everyone around and take others out.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

We SHOULD fire this dipshit after one year and then offer Saban/Urban/Dabo 25-30M a year, whatever it takes to get them. Make the Bamas and aggys and any other team trying to compete go broke trying to keep up, at least make their boosters start paying sofucki g much to try and keep their coach that it diminishes their appetite or ability to buy recruits.  

What’s the point in being the big chip stack if you’re not going to use it to push everyone around and take others out.  

Roe V Wade What GIF

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I really want to believe this is calculated and timed to perfection, but I am old and cynical and it is far more likely we are getting a lucky break. Either way, I desperately hope Sark can pull it off. 

It’s always a little of both in recruiting. This staff sticking with the blue chips might be proven right. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

Ewers left HS early for money.  If money is his primary motivation, then aggy is probably the choice (unless they already blew their wad on their 22 class). 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting