Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

So how does the bag game work? There's no contract or guarantee. Wouldn't student athletes rather sign a guaranteed NIL deal instead of relying on the honesty of bagmen who are already underhanded and shady? Also, what obligates the athlete on following through once they get the bag. Is it just a handshake type deal? Stewart can take the 300K or whatever and still come here and get a huge NIL deal that's guaranteed.

Edited by Kel Varnsen

4 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Cole Hutson is an early enrollee too👀 Jake Majors is on notice

Jake is very smart and helps the guys with their schemes and blocking responsibilities.   He’s simply not big or strong enough.  We need to put him in the weight room and buffet for 2 years and get him 315lbs.  Until then, he really shouldn’t be seeing the field.  The Baylor NT pushed him around like a rag doll. 

Herman seemed to want more athletic leaner OL with hopes of building their frames.  It worked with Cosmi.  But we have way too many lighter guys that can’t get a push and can’t handle big DL.  I like where Flood wants to go.  

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

I just don’t understand how Stewart is labeled “no or long shot”

I've said it before,  and don't want to be the guy that says it if he commits to aggy,  I don't think he ever intended to come to Texas.  

He wants SEC exposure and social media buzz.  

I hope I'm dead ass wrong because he would be perfect for this offense.  

19 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I whole heartedly believe we can get Bryce. He’s just like Banks grew up a longhorn fan and always wanted to play for UT. With Gilbeaux already in and if we can pull Harris, with the coaching debacle I think we get Bryce. Remember he was a strong lean here for awhile and Fisher threw everything he had at him and the main reason was stability. With that now in question this is as a good of a time if any to get him back in the boat

We shell see 

He's supposed to be back from the rodeo in Vegas today....will be interesting to keep an eye out if he or Harris make it to campus at either us or aggies.

4 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

I've said it before,  and don't want to be the guy that says it if he commits to aggy,  I don't think he ever intended to come to Texas.  

He wants SEC exposure and social media buzz.  

I hope I'm dead ass wrong because he would be perfect for this offense.  

Then you’d think he would have tried to end up at a place that would showcase his talent in the offense. They do have a couple of those in the SEC, and ATM isn’t one of them. 

9 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

So how does the bag game work? There's no contract or guarantee. Wouldn't student athletes rather sign a guaranteed NIL deal instead of relying on the honesty of bagmen who are already underhanded and shady? Also, what obligates the athlete on following through once they get the bag. Is it just a handshake type deal? Stewart can take the 300K or whatever and still come here and get a huge NIL deal that's guaranteed.

Office Space Side Eye GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

You have to admit it’s interesting that almost every OL now wants to sign with us after this NIL deal. 

I’m starting to be convinced that none of the other shit even matters outside of $. 

Yup, it evens the playing field.  If the money is equal, why would want to pick Henson and college station over Flood and Austin.

That’s why all of these schools are pissed about our deal.  Their “advantage” is gone.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Yeah, line full off freshman should immediately be firing on all cylinders. I hope we get some transfer OL, as well.

I am counting on 3 guys that showed some flashes with good effort to catch on in their second season with Flood. I am hoping the following becomes true:

1) Jake becomes the dominate player that we did not see but the potential is there.

2) Karic consistently brings the nastiness we saw at times with some smarts we did not see to the RT spot.

3) Conner becomes a serviceable guard because a portal guy will be no better than a push due to being in the system for the first year.

I would love to think Banks is the starting LT but he will be a freshman with growing pains and Jones even if pushed just won't get any better. That is the position I don't see improving without an awesome portal.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, CashMcCoy said:

Because the College Station TikTok house is lit

the house currently houses 7 hot blonde thots who have all went or have viral followings on tiktok

what 18 year old kid wouldnt want to live in a house full of model looking thots

texas is behind yet again but then again texas wouldnt be able to create a hype house with the thots on campus

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 89

1 minute ago, groupchatleaker said:

the house currently houses 7 hot blonde thots who have all went or have viral followings on tiktok

what 18 year old kid wouldnt want to live in a house full of model looking thots

texas is behind yet again but then again texas wouldnt be able to create a hype house with the thots on campus

Oh no. Carl is back. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, groupchatleaker said:

Oh it really is your dumb ass again. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, DanTheHorn said:

I am counting on 3 guys that showed some flashes with good effort to catch on in their second season with Flood. I am hoping the following becomes true:

1) Jake becomes the dominate player that we did not see but the potential is there.

2) Karic consistently brings the nastiness we saw at times with some smarts we did not see to the RT spot.

3) Conner becomes a serviceable guard because a portal guy will be no better than a push due to being in the system for the first year.

I would love to think Banks is the starting LT but he will be a freshman with growing pains and Jones even if pushed just won't get any better. That is the position I don't see improving without an awesome portal.

Christian Jones at guard is intriguing. He is a good run blocker

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

You have to admit it’s interesting that almost every OL now wants to sign with us after this NIL deal. 

I’m starting to be convinced that none of the other shit even matters outside of $. 

I think playing for Kyle Flood instead of Herb Hand matters a little bit. The money is more important, but having a competent o-line coach helps.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, groupchatleaker said:

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Major needs more good weight.  Hopefully Becton knows how to build cyborgs like tOSU/Bama/Georgia.

5 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

If I had to guess with no portal players coming in. I would go Banks, Angilua, Majors, Conner, and Jones at RT. Campbell would be in consideration, but he has a tougher path.

Just now, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Christian Jones at guard is intriguing. He is a good run blocker

Not over Connor imo. 

This OL will look drastically different (and hopefully improved) next season. We'll be starting 2 freshman OL max and in that scenario, our depth either looks fanfuckingtastisc with portal transfers or something less than average but young and gaining experience. 

Good times ahead. I can feels it!

• Hook 'Em 1

If he took it from an out of state school it would be much easier for him to walk away and take another bag. Unfortunately aggy isnt out of state, and he knows a lot of their players/committed recruits.
  • Hook 'Em 2

50 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I hope so college film > high school film when it comes to fixing the immediate needs.

I am of the opinion that the best skill players come from high schools, not from the portal. Skilled guys usually contribute early (see Xavier, Bijan), but if you're in the portal, you probably weren't good enough to contribute at your previous school (except for cases where there were coaching turnovers). I am afraid we will end up with more Jag WRs from the portal if we can't land at least a couple of elite WRs in the '22 class. Coleman has been an abject failure when it comes to developing and recruiting. He must go.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Not over Connor imo. 

This OL will look drastically different (and hopefully improved) next season. We'll be starting 2 freshman OL max and in that scenario, our depth either looks fanfuckingtastisc with portal transfers or something less than average but young and gaining experience. 

guys will portal in the spring too. get as many bodies as you can for sure. I've watched Duncanville play a ton this year. Cam Williams could probably push for that RT job too. He'd be such a fantastic pickup.

Edited by RaysBoomBoomRoom

10 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

I think playing for Kyle Flood instead of Herb Hand matters a little bit. The money is more important, but having a competent o-line coach helps.

Yeah, but none of those guys were coming here prior to the NIL deal. Now there was also a lot of luck involved with Oregon changing coaches but I think there’s a good chance Banks is at aggy if not for NIL. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Not over Connor imo. 

If you do nothing but replace Casey Thompson and Christian Jones with Ewers and Banks we probably win three more games. 

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, UTEE97 said:

I am of the opinion that the best skill players come from high schools, not from the portal. Skilled guys usually contribute early (see Xavier, Bijan), but if you're in the portal, you probably weren't good enough to contribute at your previous school (except for cases where there were coaching turnovers). I am afraid we will end up with more Jag WRs from the portal if we can't land at least a couple of elite WRs in the '22 class. Coleman has been an abject failure when it comes to developing and recruiting. He must go.

Not disagreeing with the general premise, but Jameson Williams is laughing right now. There are certainly good players out there.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Yeah, but none of those guys were coming here prior to the NIL deal. Now there was also a lot of luck involved with Oregon changing coaches but I think there’s a good chance Banks is at aggy if not for NIL. 

Nahlin and Lucci both said he was trending UT if a flip were to occur prior to NIL stuff being announced

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

I don't disagree, but I also think the chances of them coming to Texas even with the NIL would be pretty low if Herb Hand was still the OL coach. I think having a good OL coach, plus the option to peace out into the portal if it isn't working out, just makes it a much easier decision. 

5 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Been hoping to figure it out but I finally have to ask what "JAG" stands for? Guessing not "Judge Advocate General" or "Jack Ass Gonad."

or "Just Average Guy?"

Edited by mwaadeeb

6 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Yeah Jameson Williams really sucks ass

• Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting