Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

11 hours ago, irishtexan said:

1) You never clarified that, and pretty much everyone on this site thought that was you and ctj. Where do you think all the manbun comments came from.

2) CTJ’s got himself a little Poona Ford on his hands. Looks like he’ll have a solid base with a good drive off the snap.

I mean, for fucks sake I didn’t think it needed clarification. I don’t remember a rousing number of comments afterwords conflating me with his kid and needing correction. Sort of how I just laughed at the fucktards who accused him of being a midget when the chair he is sitting in is clearly visible. Isn’t this the board that spent a fortnight examining the curtains in an urban meyer hotel room? And before you even think to say “but the football board” I’d be quite sensitive to painting those mouth breathing, atavistic fuckheads as more observant than you or 995 in general.  

Edited by SydneyCarton

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, for fucks sake I didn’t think it needed clarification. I don’t remember a rousing number of comments afterwords conflating me with his kid and needing correction. Sort of how I just laughed at the fucktards who accused him of being a midget when the chair he is sitting in is clearly visible. Isn’t this the board that spent a fortnight examining the curtains in an urban meyer hotel room? And before your even think to say “but the football board” I’d be quite sensitive to painting those mouth breathing, atavistic fuckheads as more observant than you or 995 in general.  

I'm pretty certain you did clarify.

Either that, or I can intuitively distinguish between a 45 YO male and 10 YO male body

Spoiler

EnviousFabulousArcherfish-small.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, for fucks sake I didn’t think it needed clarification. I don’t remember a rousing number of comments afterwords conflating me with his kid and needing correction. Sort of how I just laughed at the fucktards who accused him of being a midget when the chair he is sitting in is clearly visible. Isn’t this the board that spent a fortnight examining the curtains in an urban meyer hotel room? And before you even think to say “but the football board” I’d be quite sensitive to painting those mouth breathing, atavistic fuckheads as more observant than you or 995 in general.  

Take a xanax baby! We all just fuckin' around!

• Hook 'Em 1

IT: The latest on Jarred Kerr plus thoughts on the versatile DB class

Spoiler

By: Eric and Justin

Inside Texas caught up with 2022 Lexington ATH Jarred Kerr, the #35 player in the recent instate top 75 list. Actually, we accidentally caught up with him twice. One of those times was right after basketball practice.

His favorite dunk [this was a test of athleticism]:

”I’d probably say the two handed alley-oop.” [he passed]

The Texas offer:

“The offer means a lot especially knowing where these new coaches are from and what they have done with their previous teams. And UT still stands as a top choice”

Offseason improvements:

“Speed and weight [currently 6-0.5, 180], I feel like these are the two most important things I can improve on. You can never be too fast and my weight is going to have to be up to tackle people like Bijan.”

Schools recruiting him the hardest:

“No order but Texas, OU, Baylor, Notre Dame, Florida, A&M.”

Type of player he's bringing to college:

“I will be bringing a hard-working, motivated, student-athlete to a program.”

Terry Joseph communication:

“He texted before they officially offered to say they were going to but I haven’t heard from him too much. I heard from him a little at Notre Dame but they actually switched my offer to corner.” [very interesting, also part of ND’s problem]

How the offer went down:

“I was on FaceTime with Coach Gideon and Coach Sark when they offered. Coach Gideon has talked to my head coach to say he‘ll be by to see us when he can.”

Has he talked to Coach Gideon prior to the offer?

“The night before they offered I talked to him and then when they offered. So I’ve talked to him twice.”

Any thoughts on Gideon?

“I’m glad he’s played, he’s been through there [UT], he’s had the training, he knows what it takes.”

Have they mentioned a specific position yet?

”They said they’re not exactly sure what position I’d play.”

That’s telling. The staff seems to be trying to get as many versatile, intelligent athletes it can and then figure it out on campus. Kerr will almost certainly be a nickel or safety rather than corner, though.

Is there excitement about the Sarkisian hire?

“Yeah, for sure, me and other people I’ve talked to. All the coaches they’ve got, if you look at what they did at their last stops, it’s impressive.”

What’s the pressure like in Lexington? I recall you mentioning you’ve been to a lot of A&M watch parties:

“I would say the pressure is 50/50 with A&M and Texas.”

What visits do you want to take?

“For sure that top group, those six I named I want to hit, and more if there’s time for unofficials.”

Some small town recruits prefer to attend college in a smaller environment. What are you looking for?

”Actually I wouldn’t mind a change, something big wouldn’t be bad.”

Kerr’s recruitment is a bit different than other high profile players. Because his recruitment blew up later than most, he hasn’t been many places and doesn’t know many of his fellow blue-chips.

We’ve felt UT had a good chance since August and that’s improved since then. This one could emulate the battle of Lexington, just change the color of the coats from blue and red to burnt orange and maroon.

#####

We didn’t want it lost in the Prospect Board, so we’ll repost here.

North Shore‘s Denver Harris and his mother had a very good call with Coach Sarkisian and Coach Joseph. Harris isn’t the easiest to get on the phone. He’s not a big talker and most overtures from schools go unanswered. He’s just not in love with this aspect of the blue-chip bargain. For him to say it was a good call is worth noting.

I expect him and his mother to have a Zoom presentation in the coming days, or maybe week. That could become a pivot point in the recruitment.

Harris is a composite five-star and the purest corner on the Texas board. He’s at a school where UT needs to repair its corroded pipeline. The staff in place is built well to do so.

#####

As mentioned above, the staff seems intent on finding versatile, intelligent pieces for the secondary and then figuring out where they fit on campus. Let’s talk about the potential mixing and matching.

CB/DB Jaylon Guilbeau, Port Arthur Memorial — The Texas commit put together good junior film at corner. It was about what I was hoping to see. He’s not exactly a blazer, but he has quick feet and solid technique. Nickel is probably his best position, but we’re talking about in a fully maximized secondary, which is what the new staff is trying to assemble.

CB Denver Harris, North Shore — Pure corner which adds a lot to his value.

CB Terrance Brooks, John Paul II — He’s a complete defensive back and could play anywhere in the secondary. He’s a rare dude and part of what separates him is his work ethic and study habits. Usually those are compensatory traits for average athleticism, but he’s a very good athlete as well. I’m confident he’ll be a corner, but if not, he’s going to be very good somewhere in the secondary.

DB Bryce Anderson, Beaumont West Brook — He does have the speed to play corner but would need to be coached up. He’s played quarterback/offense which helps make sense when playing ’through the looking glass’ on the other side of the ball. Nickel might be his best athletic fit but as a heady player a staff may prize him calling the secondary from depth.

DB Bryan Allen, Aledo — He reminds me of Michael Huff though I don’t think he’s quite as fast as the former Texas great and current Texas liaison. Allen can play any safety role.

DB Landon Hullaby, Mansfield Timbreview — Hullaby has very good coverage traits (fluid, COD) for a bigger safety who may end up in a hybrid role. He would have been an excellent option to play the SPUR position we saw Chris Adimora play last season.

DB Jarred Kerr, Lexington — “Kerr-ouge under fire,” if I may cross streams with the 2022 nickname thread, has safety, nickel, and corner ability, and probably in that order.

#####

This may not be the 2018 class on paper but it’s very talented and games aren’t played on paper. As Sarkisian mentioned in his excellent signing day press conference, development decides how good a class ultimately becomes.

• Hook 'Em 1

Justin Wells: Saturday notes from Pylon 7v7

Spoiler

Here in Carrollton for the Pylon 7v7 tournament, checking out Texas targets and all those in between.

WR Evan Stewart, Frisco Liberty (2022):
The highly-coveted playmaker shook the recruiting world recently with a tweet declaring his recruitment was over.

He’s since backed off that proclamation, and is taking a step back from the process. Texas, Alabama, Florida, and Georgia continue to recruit him the hardest, and he’d like to see Austin as soon as the NCAA lifts the dead period.

He mentioned the new Texas staff knows how to develop players and get them to the NFL. I like where UT stands here today.

DB Landon Hullaby, Mansfield Timberview (2022):
After speaking with Hullaby fresh off his re-offer from UT last week, he showed up today wearing a Texas hoodie.

Handful of schools are pushing for Hullaby’s services, but Texas is the leader here. Probably a matter of when, not if, when he decides to commit.

DB Bryce Anderson, Beaumont West Brook (2022):
One of the most athletic, versatile prospects in-state for this cycle, the recent de-commitment from LSU opened up his recruitment recently.

LSU, Texas A&M, and OU like the nickel back, but Texas might be setting the pace here. Add to the fact he’s wearing Longhorns gear today, and the writing is on the wall. Another top target that would like a return trip to Austin soon.

• Hook 'Em 5

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting