Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

I believe him.  I’ve been in that exact spot and have to have my ass saved from some SSS guys as a favor from someone who knows me irl.  Think I lost it over Kyler iirc.   Fucking CTJ and Sydney lit my ass up.  I quit posting dumb emotional shit and have been here since. 

Rule 1) don’t post dumb shit. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

I have seen a bunch of A&M guys commitments popping up on my twitter feed and I was dramatic and made an emotional post. You are right its nothing special but the few that they've had recently makes it seem like more.  I am trying hard because I really like it here and its fun but I also know how whenever y'all decide to cancel someone they are finished. I did not mean to make them sound like a juggernaut 

11.gif.25ccd67ec4657c893cf7c9228929238e.gif

• Hook 'Em 5

Nick at Nite: Texas moving in on in-state 2022 target

- Multiple Texas targets in the 2022 and 2023 classes were in action today at Pylon Dallas as the 7-on-7 season begins to swing into full gear. I caught up with a good handful of prospects that have been re-offered or been in contact with the new staff, and they all gave the same answer when asked what they like about them: the energy. I'll delve more into this in The Stampede on Monday, but the comments from Mansfield Timberview 2022 safety Landon Hullaby especially jump out to me considering his brother, Jaden, is a current member of the team and has witnessed the transition from staff-to-staff in the last month. "He just tells me about how much energy this new staff brings, how open they are and that (Sarkisian) has a good vibe about him." I have heard nothing but good things from multiple defensive prospects about assistant coaches Bo Davis (defensive line), Terry Joseph (cornerbacks) and Blake Gideon (safeties). The good reviews about Gideon specifically should excite Texas fans as he comes into this job with a relatively unproven recruiting background, but he may be close to hushing any doubts with the work he has done with the 2022 safety group.

- Which leads me to possibly the biggest note of the day: Beaumont West Brook four-star safety Bryce Anderson. Anderson was in town playing for Houston-based Texas Stars Elite and flashed some impressive skills at the safety position all day. This is especially encouraging considering that he played mostly on the offensive side of the ball for West Brook in 2020. I caught up with Anderson who spoke highly of Texas and their efforts in recruiting him even before his decommitment from LSU last week. Blake Gideon and Terry Joseph have been on the phone with him every day resulting in the hardest recruiting push of any school in Anderson's recruitment at this time, according to him. I spoke to sources close to Anderson today as well who have indicated that Texas is the leader in his recruitment as of now. I do not expect a decision anytime soon, most likely until late summer at the earliest, but I like the Longhorns' current positioning quite a bit. Texas A&M is still a heavy contender in this race and Clemson has recently picked up on their contact with Anderson who is intrigued by what the Tigers have to offer. I'm going to talk with a few more folks throughout the weekend and have a more elaborate update in The Stampede on Monday.

- It seemed as though 2022 Frisco Liberty four-star wide receiver Evan Stewart was close to committing last week when he tweeted an ominous message about his recruitment being shut down. Since then, that tweet has been deleted and he has opened his options back up. I talked to Stewart today who said that after talking with his family more in-depth about his decision process that they felt he should try to take visits before making any decisions. With rumblings about the current expiration of the NCAA dead period going through on April 15, this will be a recruitment to keep an eye on. If the dead period is extended, Stewart said he will probably commit soon after. Personally, I feel like this extra time to think out the decision process benefitted Texas regardless if they were the team creeping in his mind last week.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

A&M is aggy, it's "brakes," it's "Hook 'em!" and your odd capitalizations are sending signals you may have taken an aggy 100 level English class. I've refrained from negging you so far, but the burden is on you. Don't sound too desperate or get too cute, otherwise fatwa will commence quickly.

Yep. I don't down-vote very often, but this dude is getting into that territory. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

This makes me think of this stellar example of All Gas, No Brakes that popped up in my YouTube feed this afternoon. 

I think that this lady can recruit. 

I didn’t even notice the color of her Superhero second skin, but she’s based in southern Jersey just outside of Camden, across the river from Philly. 

She could be recruiting for:

Temple

Rutgers

Boston College

Bama

OU

aggie

Stanford

Or just several sugar daddies. At this point, we don’t know. But I’m eagerly anticipating the release of her “leaked video”. 👀 

15 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, for fucks sake I didn’t think it needed clarification. I don’t remember a rousing number of comments afterwords conflating me with his kid and needing correction. Sort of how I just laughed at the fucktards who accused him of being a midget when the chair he is sitting in is clearly visible. Isn’t this the board that spent a fortnight examining the curtains in an urban meyer hotel room? And before you even think to say “but the football board” I’d be quite sensitive to painting those mouth breathing, atavistic fuckheads as more observant than you or 995 in general.  

No need to show off for your dad. His love is unconditional. 

• Haha 1

On 2/5/2021 at 10:43 PM, Huckleberry said:

So your theory is that someone who is overweight would be better at longer distances?

I'll be sure to pay close attention to your prospect evaluations here on the recruiting forum.

No no. Dwarfs are great sprinters. They aren't built for long distances. 

Edited by ztejas
Mb wasn't trying to gravedig
  • Haha 3

I received a smug little text message out of the blue from an aggy this evening and they are fully in their classic pre-celebratory mode for their early 2022 success and fully believe they will clean up this next cycle. It’s February after all. Despite the fact they have 5 commits to our 3 and we have a higher average, they are feeling quite proud of Jimbo’s COVID season and are starting to really bleat about it. So seeing an obvious aggy troll pop up and start slinging his shit around is hardly surprising. 

• Hook 'Em 6

10 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I believe him.  I’ve been in that exact spot and have to have my ass saved from some SSS guys as a favor from someone who knows me irl.  Think I lost it over Kyler iirc.   Fucking CTJ and Sydney lit my ass up.  I quit posting dumb emotional shit and have been here since. 

Rule 1) don’t post dumb shit. 

negged

9 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I didn’t even notice the color of her Superhero second skin, but she’s based in southern Jersey just outside of Camden, across the river from Philly. 

She could be recruiting for:

Temple

Rutgers

Boston College

Bama

OU

aggie

Stanford

Or just several sugar daddies. At this point, we don’t know. But I’m eagerly anticipating the release of her “leaked video”. 👀 

Definitely not Stanford... they would never be caught dead in a Mercedes.  Tesla, Prius or bust for those fuckfaces

7 hours ago, Sejjr said:

I received a smug little text message out of the blue from an aggy this evening and they are fully in their classic pre-celebratory mode for their early 2022 success and fully believe they will clean up this next cycle. It’s February after all. Despite the fact they have 5 commits to our 3 and we have a higher average, they are feeling quite proud of Jimbo’s COVID season and are starting to really bleat about it. So seeing an obvious aggy troll pop up and start slinging his shit around is hardly surprising. 

We must know the same aggy. Smh. My reply is consistent.
19 f’n 39 dipshits. 

19 hours ago, Kanly said:

Lol he was the primary recruiter for the Brockermeyers. So if he goes, then they will have lost both the primary and secondary recruiters (Flood) and their OC.

I love it. You make your bed and you have to lay in it.  Bill O’Brien will really coach them up and make them men. 😂😂

They had a choice.....i think Chris Rock said it best 

Fuck the Brocks

• Hook 'Em 1

Bill O’Brien is a certified moron but under Saban’s coaches rehabilitation program he will appear capable. Not great, but capable - which is enormous leap for that idiot. 

As for Flood, Saban lost him and turned around and upgraded by hiring Doug Marrone. He might be a failed HC but he’s likely the best OL coach in all of football. 

Fuck the Brocks sideways but they will get to watch their teammates win a lot of football games. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Bill O’Brien is a certified moron but under Saban’s coaches rehabilitation program he will appear capable. Not great, but capable - which is enormous leap for that idiot. 

As for Flood, Saban lost him and turned around and upgraded by hiring Doug Marrone. He might be a failed HC but he’s likely the best OL coach in all of football. 

Fuck the Brocks sideways but they will get to watch their teammates win a lot of football games. 

Dante Scarnecchia's reaction

Image result for angry old man gif

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Yeah, the Marrone hiring pretty much guarantees BOB will have success, IMO. He’s absolutely elite and BOB’s infatuation with first down HB Dives might actually work out there.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

(Gerry Hamilton) Five “must happen” scenarios in 2022 class

Reveal hidden contents

The Texas staff continues to make offers, and build relationships in the 2022 class. Coming off a No. 15 ranked class in 2021, the first full class for Steve Sarkisian has to finish in the top 10 to build the momentum in a state that is very difficult to win big battles.

Within the class, there are several “must happen” scenarios. The scenarios cover sound decision making by the staff to build ideal momentum, closing out the leans, splitting at some positions and signing two of the most explosive athletes at receiver the state has seen in some time.

1. Quinn Ewers or Cade Klubnik
When looking at the possibilities of Steve Sarkisian’s first full class, there is absolutely no reason to take an out of state signal caller unless Ewers or Klubnik says no. If the Longhorns strike out on both, then a two QB class with an out of state prospect could come in to play -- and that should be the only reason. Ewers speaks for himself in the potential recruiting impact, but Klubnik is now a respected and popular QB among other recruits. The positive recruiting impacts of having one of the two in the fold in this class is much better than the prospects of an out of state quarterback. It the state of Texas, the University of Texas or Texas A&M better have a great reason to go out of state for a quarterback. Jimbo Fisher already made the shrewd decision by getting Conner Weigman in the class quickly to further the domination in the Houston area, and now Steve Sarkisian must also make the shrewd decision so that one of Ewers or Klubnik is the bell cow in his first full class.

The 2023 class is where you leave the state based on early returns in terms of elite talent at the position, the 2022 class is not.

2. Evan Stewart or Brenen Thompson or both
Since the first day Sarkisian was hired, it was known that Stewart and Thompson were among the highest priorities for the new staff. Nothing has changed, and that means the staff must now win one or both of these very key recruitments in the 2022 cycle. Texas has too many receivers on the roster as Sarkisian pointed out, and even though they have too many — none have the capabilities of these two special athletes. If the Longhorns are going to quickly become a program that can legitimately compete to get to a college football playoff, then signing one or both is a must. The Texas program can truly go from a talented offense to one that scares defensive coordinators on signing day in December of 2021 if Stewart and Thompson both head to Austin.

3. Kelvin Banks or Kam Dewberry
This must scenario isn’t about the glaring need on the OL in the 2022 class, as that is obvious, but recruiting in the Houston area. Texas needs some kids to “come back home” in this class, and Banks and Dewberry fit that need. Both OL’s began the process as kids that grew up liking Texas more than others, and for that reason it’s paramount the new staff gives them a reason to return to where they wanted to go initially. Add in the fact that Texas A&M is dominating the Houston area with a lot of 2022 momentum, and Texas simply can’t strike out on both with the likelihood that the two prospects will pick Texas A&M, LSU or Oklahoma. These two recruitments will answer questions of if Texas can bring kids back home, and at the same time keep Texas A&M from truly putting together a dominant performance in the Houston area.

4. Hit 50% at DB
The class of defensive backs is going to end up not only very talented, but with depth in top flight talent. The Longhorns have held on to Jaylon Guilbeau after pushes by TCU and Texas A&M, and must continue to hold while adding three or four of the nationally recruited prospects to the class.

Denver Harris, CB, North Shore
Bryce Anderson, CB/N/S, West Brook
Terrance Brooks, John Paul II
Bryan Allen Jr., S, Aledo
Landon Hullaby, S, Mansfield Timberview
Jarred Kerr, N/S/CB, Lexington
Bobby Taylor, CB, Katy High
Austin Jordan, N/S, Denton Ryan
Chace Biddle, S, Garland
Marcus Scott, CB, College Park (LSU verbal)

Here is the reality, the Longhorns will not run the table and sign a class of Denver Harris, Terrance Brooks, Bryce Anderson, Bryan Allen Jr. and Guilbeau when looking at the most heavily recruited options in state in the class. With that understanding, it’s all about winning on the splits.

Here is the must scenario at defensive back for the Longhorns to have succeeded:

Denver Harris or Terrance Brooks
Bryce Anderson or Jarred Kerr
Bryan Allen Jr. or Landon Hullaby

5. Don’t lose these leans
Arlington Bowie OG Devon Campbell, Tyler Legacy RB Jamarion Miller, Martin LB Trevell Johnson

These are three prospects Texas should not lose, if they continue to covet the trio with Campbell a given. For the first full class under a new coach to be successful, you simply have to close out the leans. At a program such as Texas, there is very rarely an excuse not to win the leans — and not doing so can lead to the recruiting downfall for a head coach as seen in 2021 and early in the 2022 cycle with Tom Herman.

While Texas has Jaydon Blue in the boat and a number of national offers out, the staff simply must get Jamarion Miller in the boat quickly. Texas needs to win in East Texas, and win with one of the fastest players in pads in the state. Yes, Blue and Miller have similar frames and games, but this is all about closing out a lean with plenty of speed to help build momentum in the class.

When looking at prospects in the class that are at the top with the “must get” tag, Campbell is in the top three or four. This is a recruitment that will likely take a little while to play out but Texas can’t lose, period.

One of the mods mentioned in the comments that they think Jimbo will take a second QB to hedge against the possibility of Weigman bailing for the MLB draft

Didn't Anderson just tell a $9.95er that Texas is talking to him and recruiting him the hardest of anybody?

And which aggy commits is he close with?  I've never seen him connected to the Dickinson duo.  I thought he played on the same 7-on-7 team as Guilbeau/Blue?  I could have my 7-7 teams mixed up though.

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

(Gerry Hamilton) Five “must happen” scenarios in 2022 class

Reveal hidden contents

The Texas staff continues to make offers, and build relationships in the 2022 class. Coming off a No. 15 ranked class in 2021, the first full class for Steve Sarkisian has to finish in the top 10 to build the momentum in a state that is very difficult to win big battles.

Within the class, there are several “must happen” scenarios. The scenarios cover sound decision making by the staff to build ideal momentum, closing out the leans, splitting at some positions and signing two of the most explosive athletes at receiver the state has seen in some time.

1. Quinn Ewers or Cade Klubnik
When looking at the possibilities of Steve Sarkisian’s first full class, there is absolutely no reason to take an out of state signal caller unless Ewers or Klubnik says no. If the Longhorns strike out on both, then a two QB class with an out of state prospect could come in to play -- and that should be the only reason. Ewers speaks for himself in the potential recruiting impact, but Klubnik is now a respected and popular QB among other recruits. The positive recruiting impacts of having one of the two in the fold in this class is much better than the prospects of an out of state quarterback. It the state of Texas, the University of Texas or Texas A&M better have a great reason to go out of state for a quarterback. Jimbo Fisher already made the shrewd decision by getting Conner Weigman in the class quickly to further the domination in the Houston area, and now Steve Sarkisian must also make the shrewd decision so that one of Ewers or Klubnik is the bell cow in his first full class.

The 2023 class is where you leave the state based on early returns in terms of elite talent at the position, the 2022 class is not.

2. Evan Stewart or Brenen Thompson or both
Since the first day Sarkisian was hired, it was known that Stewart and Thompson were among the highest priorities for the new staff. Nothing has changed, and that means the staff must now win one or both of these very key recruitments in the 2022 cycle. Texas has too many receivers on the roster as Sarkisian pointed out, and even though they have too many — none have the capabilities of these two special athletes. If the Longhorns are going to quickly become a program that can legitimately compete to get to a college football playoff, then signing one or both is a must. The Texas program can truly go from a talented offense to one that scares defensive coordinators on signing day in December of 2021 if Stewart and Thompson both head to Austin.

3. Kelvin Banks or Kam Dewberry
This must scenario isn’t about the glaring need on the OL in the 2022 class, as that is obvious, but recruiting in the Houston area. Texas needs some kids to “come back home” in this class, and Banks and Dewberry fit that need. Both OL’s began the process as kids that grew up liking Texas more than others, and for that reason it’s paramount the new staff gives them a reason to return to where they wanted to go initially. Add in the fact that Texas A&M is dominating the Houston area with a lot of 2022 momentum, and Texas simply can’t strike out on both with the likelihood that the two prospects will pick Texas A&M, LSU or Oklahoma. These two recruitments will answer questions of if Texas can bring kids back home, and at the same time keep Texas A&M from truly putting together a dominant performance in the Houston area.

4. Hit 50% at DB
The class of defensive backs is going to end up not only very talented, but with depth in top flight talent. The Longhorns have held on to Jaylon Guilbeau after pushes by TCU and Texas A&M, and must continue to hold while adding three or four of the nationally recruited prospects to the class.

Denver Harris, CB, North Shore
Bryce Anderson, CB/N/S, West Brook
Terrance Brooks, John Paul II
Bryan Allen Jr., S, Aledo
Landon Hullaby, S, Mansfield Timberview
Jarred Kerr, N/S/CB, Lexington
Bobby Taylor, CB, Katy High
Austin Jordan, N/S, Denton Ryan
Chace Biddle, S, Garland
Marcus Scott, CB, College Park (LSU verbal)

Here is the reality, the Longhorns will not run the table and sign a class of Denver Harris, Terrance Brooks, Bryce Anderson, Bryan Allen Jr. and Guilbeau when looking at the most heavily recruited options in state in the class. With that understanding, it’s all about winning on the splits.

Here is the must scenario at defensive back for the Longhorns to have succeeded:

Denver Harris or Terrance Brooks
Bryce Anderson or Jarred Kerr
Bryan Allen Jr. or Landon Hullaby

5. Don’t lose these leans
Arlington Bowie OG Devon Campbell, Tyler Legacy RB Jamarion Miller, Martin LB Trevell Johnson

These are three prospects Texas should not lose, if they continue to covet the trio with Campbell a given. For the first full class under a new coach to be successful, you simply have to close out the leans. At a program such as Texas, there is very rarely an excuse not to win the leans — and not doing so can lead to the recruiting downfall for a head coach as seen in 2021 and early in the 2022 cycle with Tom Herman.

While Texas has Jaydon Blue in the boat and a number of national offers out, the staff simply must get Jamarion Miller in the boat quickly. Texas needs to win in East Texas, and win with one of the fastest players in pads in the state. Yes, Blue and Miller have similar frames and games, but this is all about closing out a lean with plenty of speed to help build momentum in the class.

When looking at prospects in the class that are at the top with the “must get” tag, Campbell is in the top three or four. This is a recruitment that will likely take a little while to play out but Texas can’t lose, period.

I don't really agree with any of this. Gerry has no clue how good the Cali QB is and can't realistically compare out of state WRs to in-state wide receivers. Same goes with OL. I don't think Alabama gives a shit whether they sign the top tackle in Alabama as long as they have the ability to sign top guys in Texas, California, Florida, etc. Bottom line for me, if we recruit well from wherever in the country and win on the field, Texas recruits will be interested in us now and in the future.

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I don't really agree with any of this. Gerry has no clue how good the Cali QB is and can't realistically compare out of state WRs to in-state wide receivers. Same goes with OL. I don't think Alabama gives a shit whether they sign the top tackle in Alabama as long as they have the ability to sign top guys in Texas, California, Florida, etc. Bottom line for me, if we recruit well from wherever in the country and win on the field, Texas recruits will be interested in us now and in the future.

Texas high school coaches are fickle. The only thing Saban has to worry about is whether an Alabama high school coach will swallow or spit.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting