Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

If it helps our QB might have shoulder problems that won't allow him to throw too far.

I dunno the proper level to freak out about Malik. Will this affect him to where he can only throw at 80%, which is still farther than 99% of QBs? Or is this really really bad and we need to put out feelers to that Kielbasa kid or whatever over at Westlake?

5 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

I dunno the proper level to freak out about Malik. Will this affect him to where he can only throw at 80%, which is still farther than 99% of QBs? Or is this really really bad and we need to put out feelers to that Kielbasa kid or whatever over at Westlake?

I don't think we know yet. But it is far more of a concern if it is bad. One position that our coach should be able to identify, recruit and develop is WR. If we have issues getting a WR in this cycle given the lack of depth, then we fucked. 

2 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

Did more information come out today? Last I've seen was the update in the Murphy thread just saying 'clavicle injury' but that it wasn't serious enough for him to even be in a sling. 

7 hours ago, Big Woodrows said:

Wells on Thompson

Reveal hidden contents

2022 Spearman speedster and top Texas target at wide receiver Brenen Thompson will miss the next 6-8 weeks with a foot injury.

“He’s got a massive spur on top of his talus bone in his foot. He had a slight stress fracture in his talus last December,” said Bonnie Thompson, Brenen’s mother.

Thompson hopes to recover in time for a playoff run, but if not, will put his focus on track and field his senior year.

Thompson is set to take an official visit to Texas this weekend for the Rice game.

Will soften the blow when he commits to A&M.

33 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

A random poster on IT. BO&W is playing message board telephone.

That’s what I figured. Looks like it was someone who was in their feelings and saying we are just going to lose everyone. Good thing Surly doesn’t have those people.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

That’s what I figured. Looks like it was someone who was in their feelings and saying we are just going to lose everyone. Good thing Surly doesn’t have those people.

Yeah, I'm in my feelings....but anyways, Aggies apparently lead for him currently.

image.thumb.png.ffb4d729ee8ab7ac7896380aadbae5c6.png

Edited by BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah, I'm in my feelings....but anyways, Aggies apparently lead for him currently.

image.thumb.png.ffb4d729ee8ab7ac7896380aadbae5c6.png

Yep, believe most 9.95ers have said they took the lead in the late summer. Apparently Thompson’s mom and grandma both want him at UT, but we have to figure out how to deal with his handler or we have no shot.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Yep, believe most 9.95ers have said they took the lead in the late summer. Apparently Thompson’s mom and grandma both want him at UT, but we have to figure out how to deal with his handler or we have no shot.

I think it's pretty easy task to know what do with regards to his handler if we really want him. But foot issues would be a big concern with me going forward.

SIAP but thought this was interesting regarding D Brown, from IT. Maybe we should be thinking of him as an LB, not edge?

In my Saturday recruiting notes I mentioned that the Texas staff is selling Derrick on the ability to start at EDGE and end up as an inside backer. Texas high uses Brown primarily as an EDGE but at times uses him as an off-ball linebacker.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting