Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

To be fair they look like hot dog shit as well.

They have a great defense. Oline actually moves people. Henson is a great oline coach. They just have a question mark at QB right now. But the overall level of physicality A&M plays with is night and day compared to us. It will be apparent when they spank Arkansas in 2 weeks. 

Edited by Bruh Man

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They had 2/3 phases perform today and got a win. 

we had 0/3 phases perform today and got our asses fed to us. 

it’s a noticeable difference. 

They looked like absolute shit. I’m in a house full of ags in Florida right now and they are not optimistic about the rest of the year, nor should they be. But yes we also suck.

3 hours ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

What the hell do you think newy? This is the worst thing that could have happened. We can't even beat a bad sec team will be used against us 

I posted a few days ago that I thought this was the single biggest game of the year from a recruiting perspective. SEC opponent with the incoming move, early in the season when Sark's perception is still being set, etc.

Yikes. Hopefully we hang on to most of our commits but I wouldn't expect many more top guys to jump onboard. Basically nothing to hang our hat on from this game on either side of the ball.

5 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

I posted a few days ago that I thought this was the single biggest game of the year from a recruiting perspective. SEC opponent with the incoming move, early in the season when Sark's perception is still being set, etc.

Yikes. Hopefully we hang on to most of our commits but I wouldn't expect many more top guys to jump onboard. Basically nothing to hang our hat on from this game on either side of the ball.

The promise of early playing time? 

But yeah, this game basically lived up to every negative stereotype of our program over the last 11 years.

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

But yeah, this game basically lived up to every negative stereotype of our program over the last 11 years.

We're in game 2 of a new coach's term. Obviously we're not as good out of the gate as we hoped, but we're going to win 3 straight and be 4-1 going into the OU game.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

We're in game 2 of a new coach's term. Obviously we're not as good out of the gate as we hoped, but we're going to win 3 straight and be 4-1 going into the OU game.

All good perspective, but this was our one shot at an SEC team and it will be used against us on the trail. I’m also not ready to pencil in TCU as a win just yet.  

• Like 1

Stewart saw everything he needed to last night so he isnt coming.   I'd like to think literally any linemen in the country would want to come here knowing they can start right away, because ours is pure recycled shit, but then again why would you come here?  i'm thinking 2-3 decommits by Dec easily, maybe we grab some low 3's to back fill 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

All good perspective, but this was our one shot at an SEC team and it will be used against us on the trail. I’m also not ready to pencil in TCU as a win just yet.  

TCU is gonna make us their bitch again, unfortunately.

OL play has to be fixed before anyone of us can feel confident against any team with warm bodies on the DL.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Dead Screeching Halt
Just now, closetojumping said:

Random recruiting thought - why does Texas always wind up with the busts or jaggers from Lake Travis? Can we not score one of their guys that can actually or something?

Card seemed so slow and indecisive last night. When he did try and escape the pocket, more often than not he ran directly into the pressure.

• Like 1

Yeah, I hate losing, but what I hated  even more was the lack of effort. They were ready to play, and we were absolutely flat. I’ll have to (gulp) rewatch some of the shitshow to verify, but off the top of my head, the only 3 guys that seemed ready to play were Bijan, Roschon, and Casey. Have some pride fellas. You only get so many cracks at this and it’s gone.

• Hook 'Em 2

It's gotta get fixed for next year. 

OL’s don’t get fixed in a year. And before you go on about the portal, good to great OL don’t end up in the portal very often. You might get a one year bandaid via a grad transfer, but there is no magic wand that turns dog shit OL play around in 12 months.

The staff better have rock solid evals, or this cycle will just continue.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting