Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Huh.  Did things cool down from Texas side or did LTG decide he'd rather stay at ASU regardless of outcome of investigation?

And has Jacoby Matthews shown any interest in Texas aside from immediately after his decommit? 

Yea we will make a run at Matthews and Kendrick Law. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

I'm vexed. On one hand these 9.95 dudes have their sources. On the other hand, it sure the fuck isn't coming from the staff as evidenced by Justice giving the staff the commitment two weeks ago and the 9.95 crowd was still playing the guessing game up to a few hours before the hat game.

So that begs the question, how does Gerry know who the staff is still recruiting? I guess he's talking to the recruits?

To be fair, Inside Texas fucking knew. They put up full articles on him immediately, including those about how the recruiting unfolded. Could they have had those articles pre-written without knowing if he'd commit or not? I guess. But they were pretty detailed and IT is big on not blowing up a recruit's reveal like GEORF KERTCHUM

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, THUJONE said:

To be fair, Inside Texas fucking knew. They put up full articles on him immediately, including those about how the recruiting unfolded. Could they have had those articles pre-written without knowing if he'd commit or not? I guess. But they were pretty detailed and IT is big on not blowing up a recruit's reveal like GEORF KERTCHUM

If I was a $9.95 - you would be dumb as fuck not to have those articles ready to drop after Brandon Harris is posting the Doctor emoji. 

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

I don't think the university can communicate with him until he's enrolled or something. I forgot the official language.

I think coaches can like and retweet recruits accounts but they're not allowed to reply to them.  Though they can DM.  The rules are fucking stupid.

11 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

Who was the DB that said he wanted to be a “brain doctor”? I think he went to aggy.

Sounds about right. Between Justice Finkley and Hayden Conner, Texas is the school aggy envies as the epicenter of rocket surgery. 

Edited by Gut Wagon
  • Hook 'Em 4

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting