Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

15 minutes ago, Fud said:

Also Eoghen Kerry is planning on enrolling early 

Kerry is a head scratcher for me, mainly because there is no tape on him for the last two years. I dont quite know what to make of him either way. I hope he is one of those Joe Wickline finds in the backwoods of Missouri that he kicks in the nuts and smiles when the kid takes a swing at him.

Edited by Vertigo

43 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Kerry is a head scratcher for me, mainly because there is no tape on him for the last two years. I dont quite know what to make of him either way. I hope he is one of those Joe Wickline finds in the backwoods of Missouri that he kicks in the nuts and smiles when the kid takes a swing at him.

I don’t know if this is satire - but if it’s not - Mater Dei just kicked the shit out of Duncanville on TV. Kerry played in that game. 

Also we have testing numbers for Kerry so we know what kind of an athlete he is. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Hamilton said that the unnamed committed prospect that reached out a couple weeks ago is now "Very" interested.

Also, another rumor I read on IT's long recruiting thread is that there are 3 guys that have reached out that would be portals. 2 on offense, and 1 on defense.

Could the two share the same last name of a certain unheralded starting LB at Texas?

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Hamilton said that the unnamed committed prospect that reached out a couple weeks ago is now "Very" interested.

Also, another rumor I read on IT's long recruiting thread is that there are 3 guys that have reached out that would be portals. 2 on offense, and 1 on defense.

Could the two share the same last name of a certain unheralded starting LB at Texas?

Lol if the Brocks transferred to Texas would y'all just double down on our Fuck the Brocks takes?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Do you know what side of the ball the committed prospect is on?

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Gerry has never said, because it would likely give it away. Though the list is a short one anyway

Hudson, Banks, Williams, Brooks, and Anderson would be the most likely.

Most likely, yes. I don't see why it couldn't be another prospect that we previously hadn't mentioned before who maybe has taken notice and reached out. Has it been mentioned it was someone that we missed out on previously?

12 minutes ago, mvlonghorns said:

Lol if the Brocks transferred to Texas would y'all just double down on our Fuck the Brocks takes?

They’d line up to suck the Brocks

9 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

It’s an easy edit to say don’t fuck with the brocks.

Fuck, the Brocks. 

really just a punctuation issue

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

7 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Most likely, yes. I don't see why it couldn't be another prospect that we previously hadn't mentioned before who maybe has taken notice and reached out. Has it been mentioned it was someone that we missed out on previously?

This is my uninformed opinion:

https://247sports.com/player/larry-turner-gooden-46056208/

• Hook 'Em 9

Here is the context:

The scoop mentioned a committed player that the staff reached out to after Louisiana and his circle, meaning likely Houston area to golden triangle or so imo. As that group of kids has a tight circle and group chat.

2E8BC27A-7444-4869-97DB-9128989E6F34.thumb.jpeg.72b2cec66b3d7b2af59c6445e012046b.jpeg

I think it’s Bryce Anderson considering some comments he made about wanting to play with others high caliber players. Couple that with the likelihood we get Guilbeau back in the class. 

Don’t think it’s Brooks, Banks, or Cam Williams.

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

as a non-burnt ends guy who LOVES burnt ends, NIL is new and some of us are trying to tread lightly

It's probably overcautious and probably pointless worrying, but a smart Longhorn lawyer told me to stick to one for now and I'm going with that.

endless love to my Burnt Ends, though, hell yes. Heroes & Kings

Overcautious about something that has already gotten through compliance. If Plonsky approves it, the supreme fucking court would approve it

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I don’t know if this is satire - but if it’s not - Mater Dei just kicked the shit out of Duncanville on TV. Kerry played in that game. 

Also we have testing numbers for Kerry so we know what kind of an athlete he is. 

Yes it is satire. Noone remembers Joe Wickline fan fiction around here. He has solid measurables, just an unknown on the field. Obviously Mater Dei is a known quantity for Sarkisian.

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Here is the context:

The scoop mentioned a committed player that the staff reached out to after Louisiana and his circle, meaning likely Houston area to golden triangle or so imo. As that group of kids has a tight circle and group chat.

2E8BC27A-7444-4869-97DB-9128989E6F34.thumb.jpeg.72b2cec66b3d7b2af59c6445e012046b.jpeg

I think it’s Bryce Anderson considering some comments he made about wanting to play with others high caliber players. Couple that with the likelihood we get Guilbeau back in the class. 

Don’t think it’s Brooks, Banks, or Cam Williams.

I dont know, it's not like aggy has a bunch of scrubs in their class.

35 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Overcautious about something that has already gotten through compliance. If Plonsky approves it, the supreme fucking court would approve it

Fuck Plonsky and fuck compliance. The Supreme Court DID approve it. Unanimously. 

https://www.stradley.com/insights/publications/2021/08/ip-and-education-client-alert-august-2021

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Yes it is satire. Noone remembers Joe Wickline fan fiction around here. He has solid measurables, just an unknown on the field. Obviously Mater Dei is a known quantity for Sarkisian.

Not just a known quantity to Sark, but a VERY well-known quantity. I believe Sark’s son plays at Mater Dei, as well.

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

And the defensive player is obviously rashaan Gary 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I believe you meant to say “everyone who follows college football recruiting even casually.”

• Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting