Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

38 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

yep the part where the head coach took 1-11 team and had them at 12-1 top 5 in 4 years as a head coach.  where the comparison is to adjusted stats DC king PK at Washington.

Dude, perhaps you should go hang out with EJ on surly wolverines or something. This is the fucking 2022 Texas recruiting thread. Take your man crush to the coaching thread or another fucking message board.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

1-4 in bowl games at Michigan, 1-5 against Ohio state and no big 10 championships! But lets shit on our DC after year one, you sure as fuck don’t respect PK for his 20 years of results. You could cut that hypocrisy with a knife. 

Anyone paying attention to this guy after digging his heels in on his terrible Drayton take deserves the rash they get.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Could we ever have the patience for the Harbaugh long game? Doubt it.

Is Sark a Texas alum that made Stanford a top 5 program, took an NFL team to a super bowl and three straight NFC championship games, went 20-6 in his first two seasons after inheriting a team that was 12-13 in its previous two seasons, and had four 9-10 win seasons and top 20 finishes in his first five years?

Not to mention, as mentioned already, Harbaugh had a breakthrough this year after finally being forced to move on from what wasn’t getting Michigan over the hump in six years. His deal was restructured and he took a pay cut. It wasn’t a trust the process situation.

What a dumb comparison.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I’d congratulate you but I don’t know how many times it’s been clearly stated, on multiple threads, since the video was leaked.

Fair enough.  I must have missed it on the other threads.  Although, I thought it had also been stated that the video was shot on a bus full of defensive players (hence Bo Davis' presence).  With Montrell being a WR, why would he have been on a bus with the defense?

1 hour ago, Lonestar88 said:

Harbaugh turned around 2 college programs and went to a Super Bowl before taking the Michigan job

Washington literally had its best season under Petersen after PK got demoted to co-DC.

You are being delusional, which is on brand for you.

Hey dumbass, he didn't get demoted.

They promoted Lake, to keep him, gave Lake a large bump in salary and gave PK a couple of hundred thousand dollar bump in salary.

Shit on PK for things that are factual. This isn't one and is a lazy (and incorrect) take.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, NoName said:

Hey dumbass, he didn't get demoted.

They promoted Lake, to keep him, gave Lake a large bump in salary and gave PK a couple of hundred thousand dollar bump in salary.

Shit on PK for things that are factual. This isn't one and is a lazy (and incorrect) take.

PK was sooo nice, right ?

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

PK was sooo nice, right ?

What did I say that was untrue?

Lake was a super hot commodity. They promoted him and paid him more to keep him.

PK got a bump in salary. Lake kept him on as DC after he got promoted to the big chair.

Shit on him for factual things. Don't make shit up. It's not that hard, there are a lot of things to hate on.

1 minute ago, NoName said:

Lake was a super hot commodity. They promoted him and paid him more to keep him.

PK got a bump in salary. Lake kept him on as DC after he got promoted to the big chair.

Shit on him for factual things. Don't make shit up. It's not that hard, there are a lot of things to hate on.

Guys just don’t take demotions. And it wasn’t just a demotion they took his playcalling duties as well. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Let me amend, I’d sacrifice everyone posting on this page for being cunty fucks and perpetuating this tire fire of a topic. Id kill WinningIsHard 6 times because he basically ruins every page he posts on with his football board combo of low IQ takes, unfounded confidence, and general dunning-Kruger model citizenship. Fucking fuck. 

Haha. Every poster on this page but me right? Riiight? Guys?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

Ask yourself why Lake was the hot commodity and not PK.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

13 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

It’s a fair point in a vacuum. But this isn’t a vacuum. First I’m fine with is actually conducting a thorough search, but you’re also taking it as a given that we have or will learn how to do that in 3 years. It’s just as faulty a premise as “hiring the hot guy never works” or “hire the mid major guy never works.” It’s just as speculative as “learn how to conduct a proper search and conduct a search.” Throw it all on the pile with “well we should play the bag game” and “we need better boosters.” Well no shit, but is any of that walking through the door to Stone Cold’s music by gawd? 

Second, you’re making s blanket statement about coaches as if we don’t have specific and individual points about Jeff Traylor. But we do. Traylor isnt Tom mega prick Herman. If he is a narcissist it hasn’t shown up yet in his behavior. Just because he’s working his way up from HS ranks doesn’t mean hes the same as every other mid major hot coach. Discounting him as such is just as foolish as “trust the coaches.” For fucks sake USC was kicking the tires on him for a reason. 

I am taking it as a given? No, I'm not. It's the opposite. I have exactly zero expectations that we will learn how to do a proper coaching search. That's why I'm pissed off. There's no point in even bothering looking for another coach if we can't figure out how to hire one and yes, Virginia, having a proper coaching search does tend to yield better results than "Oh this guy's doing well at Directional State College, let's money-whip him to go to UT-Austin and see how he does."

And as for Traylor, how'd he do today? Now you can say that the big bad Buzzards of UNT had better players, but then... isn't that more or less exactly my point about Texas and Sark? Why does it make it OK for Traylor to get blown out with shit players against shit competition, but it's not OK for Sark to get blown out to Power 5 Conference competition with shit players?

The knee-jerk reaction is to fire the coach, but after a while you lose stability, nobody wants to come play for a coach who won't be here 3 years from now, the constant reshuffling of coaches leads to a bunch of players not knowing what's going on... and this isn't a hypothetical; it's where we are, right now, already. If we're going to dig our asses out of this hole, we have to stop being goddamned idiots who jerk off over whatever flavor of the month is out there and actually come up with a real plan.

Hell, we'd be better off with Strong as a coach than Sark; at least we know that guy could recruit, so that once we get our coaching search mechanism in place properly, the cake will be baked, per se.

Edit: Note I am not actually suggesting that we hire Charlie Strong again, you dumbasses

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

If you did the bare minimum of googling "pete kwiatkowski demotion" you'd find plenty of direct quotes that prove that he did, in fact, willingly take a demotion

Saying politically correct stuff to media doesn’t move the needle for me. Not only did he get demoted they took his playcalling duties. That tells you everything you need to know

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Guys just don’t take demotions. And it wasn’t just a demotion they took his playcalling duties as well. 

princess bride Theatre & Musicals GIF

He wasn't demoted asshole.

He wasn't demoted to just a DL coach. That would be a demotion.

They promoted Lake. They gave him a ton of money. They gave him play calling. They gave PK a bunch of money to stay on. This has been discussed a TON when it happened and since then. PK was on board with it. PK coached Lake in college. Lake and PK worked together for many years. Lake kept PK on when he was promoted to head coach.

He didn't get demoted. This is a false narrative, and one that is very easily identified as false.

Tim Beck was demoted to QB coach and stripped of play calling.

Vance Bedford was demoted from DC and play caller to secondary coach and no play calling.

Kerry Coombs was demoted at tOSU in like week two, stripped of play calling and made a highly paid positon coach basically.

Those are demotions.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Ask yourself why Lake was the hot commodity and not PK.

Well one guy was ten years younger and had never called played...while the other one has been proven to be very loyal to Chris Peterson, had a long track record of success, was highly paid, and had shown no interest in leaving the PNW.

• Like 1

Just now, NoName said:

Well one guy was ten years younger and had never called played...while the other one has been proven to be very loyal to Chris Peterson, had a long track record of success, was highly paid, and had shown no interest in leaving the PNW.

PK is fucking washed. We took a chance on a guy who hasn’t called plays since 2018. Gtfo here with your defending of this dog shit retard coach who refused to change up his defense at all to adjust for talent and players on this team. That just tells me Lake has carried PK since they United. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Saying politically correct stuff to media doesn’t move the needle for me. Not only did he get demoted they took his playcalling duties. That tells you everything you need to know

They didn't take them away. They promoted Lake. They gave him play calling duties. This has been discussed for years and everyone that was a part of it has been consistent on the story for years at this point.

PK was coming off the #4 DFEI ranked team in the country. If they yanked his play calling for results they are dumb. If he was fired up about it, he would have left. They gave him more money in 16 and basically every other year he was at Washington.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rimbo said:

I am taking it as a given? No, I'm not. It's the opposite. I have exactly zero expectations that we will learn how to do a proper coaching search. That's why I'm pissed off. There's no point in even bothering looking for another coach if we can't figure out how to hire one and yes, Virginia, having a proper coaching search does tend to yield better results than "Oh this guy's doing well at Directional State College, let's money-whip him to go to UT-Austin and see how he does."

And as for Traylor, how'd he do today? Now you can say that the big bad Buzzards of UNT had better players, but then... isn't that more or less exactly my point about Texas and Sark? Why does it make it OK for Traylor to get blown out with shit players against shit competition, but it's not OK for Sark to get blown out to Power 5 Conference competition with shit players?

The knee-jerk reaction is to fire the coach, but after a while you lose stability, nobody wants to come play for a coach who won't be here 3 years from now, the constant reshuffling of coaches leads to a bunch of players not knowing what's going on... and this isn't a hypothetical; it's where we are, right now, already. If we're going to dig our asses out of this hole, we have to stop being goddamned idiots who jerk off over whatever flavor of the month is out there and actually come up with a real plan.

Hell, we'd be better off with Strong as a coach than Sark; at least we know that guy could recruit, so that once we get our coaching search mechanism in place properly, the cake will be baked, per se.

Edit: Note I am not actually suggesting that we hire Charlie Strong again, you dumbasses

Theres so much wrong with this thread I don’t know where to start. Coaches I’ll allow to have bad games, or the occasional fuck up even Theyre elite. Traylor lost a game today. Sark had a horrible season with multiple bad losses. Comparing them is fucking stupid. 

we wouldn’t be better off with strong. This is fucking dumb. Statistically the worst coach in UT history and you’re advocating he’s better than the guy we have. The guy we have had a shit season. But yeah I’ll take the shot sark doesn’t finish that way over strong. Advocating for the worst coach in school history is never a fucking smart comparison or way to prove or illustrate a point. Because it’s fucking stupid. You’re advocating for the return of Shawn watson and Tim Beck. Consider that. 

and by the way, the notion strong could recruit is wrong and dumb as well. His classes were a lot like hermans, they had high numbers and full of head cases and flakes that transferred out or busted. They were inflated by guys who never contributed at all. Just fucking stop. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

Aside from the weird shortened Covid season where the Big 10 only played 6 games, Harbaugh’s worst season at Michigan was 8 wins. Sark has only won that many games twice in his head coaching career. It’s totally logical for one to get the benefit of the doubt and not the other.

Y’all are grasping at straws.

One coach took an NFL team to the Super Bowl and the other got fired for showing up drunk to practices …. Yeah… it’s not the same.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Theres so much wrong with this thread I don’t know where to start. Coaches I’ll allow to have bag games, or the occasional fuck up even Theyre elite. Traylor lost a game today. Sark had a horrible season with multiple bad losses. Comparing them is fucking stupid. 

we wouldn’t be better off with strong. This is fucking dumb. Statistically the worst coach in UT history and you’re advocating he’s better than the guy we have. The guy we have had a shit season. But yeah I’ll take the shot sark doesn’t finish that way over strong. Advocating for the worst coach in school history is never a fucking smart comparison or way to prove or illustrate a point. Because it’s fucking stupid. You’re advocating for the return of Shawn watson and Tim Beck. Consider that. 

and by the way, the notion strong could recruit is wrong and dumb as well. His classes were a lot like hermans, they had high numbers and full of head cases and flakes that transferred out or busted. They were inflated by guys who never contributed at all. Just fucking stop. 

Sorry, man, but I was trying to lower myself to your level. I'm not very good at being that dumb.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Is Sark a Texas alum that made Stanford a top 5 program, took an NFL team to a super bowl and three straight NFC championship games, went 20-6 in his first two seasons after inheriting a team that was 12-13 in its previous two seasons, and had four 9-10 win seasons and top 20 finishes in his first five years?

Not to mention, as mentioned already, Harbaugh had a breakthrough this year after finally being forced to move on from what wasn’t getting Michigan over the hump in six years. His deal was restructured and he took a pay cut. It wasn’t a trust the process situation.

What a dumb comparison.

If I'd compared them, I would agree.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Rimbo said:

Sorry, man, but I was trying to lower myself to your level. I'm not very good at being that dumb.

Don’t sell yourself short. Youre basically a professional at this point. Everyone here is impressed after your public denunciation of strong after years of defending him Youve found a new way to advocate for him not being the worst UT coach of all time, statistics be damned. 

They didn't take them away. They promoted Lake. They gave him play calling duties. This has been discussed for years and everyone that was a part of it has been consistent on the story for years at this point.

PK was coming off the #4 DFEI ranked team in the country. If they yanked his play calling for results they are dumb. If he was fired up about it, he would have left. They gave him more money in 16 and basically every other year he was at Washington.

Lmao “they didn’t take them away they just gave them to”

bahahahahahahaahha

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Defending dog shit PK. Lmao. However you have to rationalize it the dude was demoted and his playcalling duties taken away 

I'm not defending PK, I'm saying you are making a dumb fucking point which has the added bonus of being factually incorrect.

Which is about par for your course over the last like ten years.

Shit on PK for less than great recruiting, scheme, failed self scouting, lack of player development, lack of in game adjustments, lack of playing best players, lack of matching scheme to players, shitty staff management, shitty player management, playing Jett Bush at 4i, BJ Foster, not adjusting to Texas (state or school), not taking enough responsibility, or failing to meet expectations.

Don't shit on him for factually incorrect things that are extremely easily proven false.

2 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

“They didn’t take his playcalling duties away they just gave them to someone else,” is the equivalent of “we didn’t lose we just ran out of time.”

They didn't yank play calling duties because he was shitty like Coombs, Bedford or Tim fucking Beck.

They gave them to Lake to keep him there vs going to any of the blue bloods who were after him.

It's not the same.

I'm not defending PK, I'm saying you are making a dumb fucking point which has the added bonus of being factually incorrect.

Which is about par for your course over the last like ten years.

Shit on PK for less than great recruiting, scheme, failed self scouting, lack of player development, lack of in game adjustments, lack of playing best players, lack of matching scheme to players, shitty staff management, shitty player management, playing Jett Bush at 4i, BJ Foster, not adjusting to Texas (state or school), not taking enough responsibility, or failing to meet expectations.

Don't shit on him for factually incorrect things that are extremely easily proven false.

No it’s a fact. He was relieved of his playcalling duties and was demoted. So we can couple that fact with all the other facts you presented to come to a concrete conclusion that PK fucking sucks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

No it’s a fact. He was relieved of his playcalling duties and was demoted. 

Ahhh yes, the extremely rare "we are going to demote you while allowing you to keep your title, and also give you a couple hundred thousand dollars more a year because we think you are super shitty and keeping you on board for 5 more years so we can pay you a couple of million in total because we think you are so shitty at your job" demotion.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Agree regarding Harbaugh, but Macks sub .600 record at NC doesn’t really merit much more benefit of the doubt than Sark at this point. Going 9-3 year one helped tho.

Wut?
Sure, Mack did have a 9-3 year — he also had 3 10 win years there. Ffs, he only had 3 losses in his final 2 seasons at UNC before coming to Texas 2 of those 3 losses were to Bobby Bowden’s FSU juggernaut and the last season he finished 4 in the country. He did that at a basketball school with no football pedigree. That’s fucking worlds better than anything Sarkisian has ever accomplished. The worst of those 4 years is past Sark’s peak and the other 3 stomp his head in. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

36 minutes ago, NoName said:

princess bride Theatre & Musicals GIF

He wasn't demoted asshole.

He wasn't demoted to just a DL coach. That would be a demotion.

They promoted Lake. They gave him a ton of money. They gave him play calling. They gave PK a bunch of money to stay on. This has been discussed a TON when it happened and since then. PK was on board with it. PK coached Lake in college. Lake and PK worked together for many years. Lake kept PK on when he was promoted to head coach.

He didn't get demoted. This is a false narrative, and one that is very easily identified as false.

Tim Beck was demoted to QB coach and stripped of play calling.

Vance Bedford was demoted from DC and play caller to secondary coach and no play calling.

Kerry Coombs was demoted at tOSU in like week two, stripped of play calling and made a highly paid positon coach basically.

Those are demotions.

You are an analytics guy, and I respect that. The dumb fuck you are arguing with likes to be a troll when people are passionate or serious about a topic he thinks is stupid. He did it to me then admitted it everybody. Save your breathe. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WinningIsHard said:

You are an analytics guy, and I respect that. The dumb fuck you are arguing with likes to be a troll when people are passionate or serious about a topic he thinks is stupid. He did it to me then admitted it everybody. Save your breathe. 

fist bump GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting