Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Just now, longhornmatt said:

Stanford was 1-11 the year before Harbaugh got there.  We had a coach inherit 1-11 after years of hopeless failure, and then improve each year to 4, 5, and then 8 wins we would celebrate him like everyone else.

Sark inherited a 7-3 team that would have won 10 games if not for OOC and Kansas games being cancelled.   Herman didn’t leave him a dumpster fire no matter how desperately some of you need to believe that.  He has made the program worse in year 1.

all you had to say was "it's fucking Standford, dude"

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Stanford was 1-11 the year before Harbaugh got there.  We had a coach inherit 1-11 after years of hopeless failure, and then improve each year to 4, 5, and then 8 wins we would celebrate him like everyone else.

Sark inherited a 7-3 team that would have won 10 games if not for OOC and Kansas games being cancelled.   Herman didn’t leave him a dumpster fire no matter how desperately some of you need to believe that.  He has made the program worse in year 1.

Didn’t return it’s starting qb, best o lineman, top 2 d lineman, and both starting safetys

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Boise State and Washington?  G5 and marginal PAC12?

Just as a fyi, I quit the trust the corches right before half time yesterday lol. Fire them all, it’s an abomination. With that said though, I think it’s fucking crazy to defend harbaugh for his resume but then shit on a guy who is equally respected in the industry. Seriously tho, that qb sneak and hurried field goal broke my soul. That was the dumbest shit I’ve ever witnessed. #2024 is the year. 

10 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Lol, fucking Choate’s contribution to LB recruiting was to take a guy whose own high school coaches advised him to go elsewhere because he clearly isn’t good enough to ever play at Texas?

Get rid of all these West of the Rockies mediocrities we have on our coaching staff ASAP, please.

Right?! Can we get some fucking Texas guys on the coaching staff? It's only the most important state for us in recruiting....

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

Man I feel like such a dipshit now, reading your post. My point is that Harbaugh had the stench of failure and seemed like a bust, not long ago. I honestly think we might have fired him a few years ago.

9 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

1-4 in bowl games at Michigan, 1-5 against Ohio state and no big 10 championships! But lets shit on our DC after year one, you sure as fuck don’t respect PK for his 20 years of results. You could cut that hypocrisy with a knife. 

Aside from the weird shortened Covid season where the Big 10 only played 6 games, Harbaugh’s worst season at Michigan was 8 wins. Sark has only won that many games twice in his head coaching career. It’s totally logical for one to get the benefit of the doubt and not the other.

Y’all are grasping at straws.

• Hook 'Em 4

13 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Stop being so short-sighted. They're 11-1, going to play for the Big10 Championship, and they'll likely make the playoff. We'd sacrifice half this fucking board for that shit.

He's a proven head coach and has rebuilt what was a terrible Michigan program. Sure, it took a while, but Michigan fans sure as hell don't give a shit right now.

Maybe you misinterpreted what I was saying. It’s completely his team now and he no longer has excuses. He could be what they expected for so long. 

3 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Aside from the weird shortened Covid season where the Big 10 only played 6 games, Harbaugh’s worst season at Michigan was 8 wins. Sark has only won that many games twice in his head coaching career. It’s totally logical for one to get the benefit of the doubt and not the other.

Y’all are grasping at straws.

I wasn’t defending sark shit for brains. We fired herman for losing to our rivals tho just like harbaugh does regularly haha. I was saying it’s hypocritical to give harbaugh a pass because he was good in the nfl and Stanford but shit on PK even tho his resume is equally respected. Splitting hairs though. Fire. Them. All. It’s over. 

27 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Yeah, because Strong, Herman and Sark all immediately turned around 5-7 the year before they got here to two straight 10 win seasons followed by several more good seasons for us before having one bad year in year 5.   We haven’t had patience for those results at all.  

And they all had successful prior P5 and NFL head coaching stints on their resumes like Harbaugh, too.  

They’re just like Harbaugh!  It’s exactly the same, except of course we have bad fans.

I triggered you, I get it. I never mentioned Sark or Herman or Strong but again I understand. I was only wondering if we would have let Harbaugh hang around this long. 

18 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Stop being so short-sighted. They're 11-1, going to play for the Big10 Championship, and they'll likely make the playoff. We'd sacrifice half this fucking board for that shit.

He's a proven head coach and has rebuilt what was a terrible Michigan program. Sure, it took a while, but Michigan fans sure as hell don't give a shit right now.

And let's see if our coaching staff can do the same.

The only way Choate leaves is if PK does as well. They are a package deal. Not saying I do or don’t want both out, but that’s just how it is.

Also Choate brings more as a recruiter than someone like Joseph (or PK himself). He was pretty heavily involved with Derrick Brown and a few of the other edge guys and assisted with some of the DB guys.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Just as a fyi, I quit the trust the corches right before half time yesterday lol. Fire them all, it’s an abomination. With that said though, I think it’s fucking crazy to defend harbaugh for his resume but then shit on a guy who is equally respected in the industry. Seriously tho, that qb sneak and hurried field goal broke my soul. That was the dumbest shit I’ve ever witnessed. #2024 is the year. 

welcome aboard, sailor.  harbaugh head corched a standford team that won 12 games and ended top 5 and a team to the NFL Super Bowl.  PK has cool adjusted stats on the PAC12 and at a G5.

this defense was a dumpster fire all year.  the O was not much better(looked pretty good in spurts) but the HC is the OC.  unless he goes full Charlie, he's getting 4 years because "alignment, we're Texas and the arcane thought that no one will want to come here if we fire him after a year".  what he doesn't have to do is tie himself to a DC who is a disaster.  he needs to be actively looking for an upgrade.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Yeah and I agree with all that. I guess the point being Stanford was ass previous years which gave him the ability to get patience from the school. Eventually winning at San Francisco bought him more time in Michigan than anything. 

8 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

I wasn’t defending sark shit for brains. We fired herman for losing to our rivals tho just like harbaugh does regularly haha. I was saying it’s hypocritical to give harbaugh a pass because he was good in the nfl and Stanford but shit on PK even tho his resume is equally respected. Splitting hairs though. Fire. Them. All. It’s over. 

PK’s resume is not “equally respected” as Harbaugh you fucking loon.

All you do is irrationally “defend the corches”’ and it’s still what you’re doing despite you claiming otherwise on the front end. 

12 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

PK’s resume is not “equally respected” as Harbaugh you fucking loon.

All you do is irrationally “defend the corches”’ and it’s still what you’re doing despite you claiming otherwise on the front end. 

Harbaugh is not considered a top 5 coach but PK before this season was a top 5 DC in college football. Harbaugh has never been to a national championship game or a college football playoff. He has 0, I repeat 0 conference championships in 11 seasons. He wins a lot of games I reckon but he can’t win it all, maybe this year? PK was considered a home run hire before this year went to complete dog shit. You’re high man or dumb. 

Fire PK, I’m on the bus. Just to clarify again. 

Edited by WinningIsHard
Clarifying

Just now, WinningIsHard said:

Harbaugh is not considered a top 5 coach but PK before this season was a top 5 DC in college football. Harbaugh has never been to a national championship game or a college football playoff. He has 0, I repeat 0 conference championships in 11 seasons. He wins a lot of games I reckon but he can’t win it all, maybe this year? PK was considered a home run hire before this year went to complete dog shit. You’re high man or dumb. 

dude, one guy is a head coach who went to 3 NFC championships in a row and one Super Bowl and had fucking Standford at 12 wins.

PK was a top 5 DC in people adjusted stats dreams.  the guy was a DC in the PAC12.  quit comparing the guy to Harbaugh its stupid.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Right?! Can we get some fucking Texas guys on the coaching staff? It's only the most important state for us in recruiting....

Our state sucks at producing college. It’s very too heavy but the guys down in the rankings are small. We need to recruit linebackers from across the country to fit the size and speed we will need going forward in the sec. 

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

dude, one guy is a head coach who went to 3 NFC championships in a row and one Super Bowl and had fucking Standford at 12 wins.

PK was a top 5 DC in people adjusted stats dreams.  the guy was a DC in the PAC12.  quit comparing the guy to Harbaugh its stupid.

Probably drop the overplayed dipshit PAC 12 point when citing the other coaches Stanford record, imo. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

40 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

1-4 in bowl games at Michigan, 1-5 against Ohio state and no big 10 championships! But lets shit on our DC after year one, you sure as fuck don’t respect PK for his 20 years of results. You could cut that hypocrisy with a knife. 

PK and Lake being abject failures the further removed they are from Petersen’s orbit shows me that, much like Saban, Petersen was the straw the stirred the drink. Also, as noted, PKs resume isn’t in the same stratosphere. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, WinningIsHard said:

Harbaugh turned around 2 college programs and went to a Super Bowl before taking the Michigan job

Washington literally had its best season under Petersen after PK got demoted to co-DC.

You are being delusional, which is on brand for you.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Lonestar88 said:

Harbaugh turned around 2 college programs and went to a Super Bowl before taking the Michigan job

Washington literally had its best season under Petersen after PK got demoted to co-DC.

You are being delusional, which is on brand for you.

yeah but what were the adjusted Co-DC stats?

• Haha 2

A little concerned about Finkley and Michigan now because of the game result. Michigan looks back finally, well ahead of us. 
Yet Harbaugh has perpetually been on the hotseat at some point in at least the past 5 seasons..

Lesson for us? Too soon to say, but yeah...not sure anyone saw Harbaugh getting Meatchicken back to what they once were, (or simply beating tOSU) just like we have a hard time imagining Sark being the guy for us.

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

Not avoiding those, just calling out shitty parts of your take. Because it was shitty.

yep the part where the head coach took 1-11 team and had them at 12-1 top 5 in 4 years as a head coach.  where the comparison is to adjusted stats DC king PK at Washington.

Just now, dcar00 said:

yep the part where the head coach took 1-11 team and had them at 12-1 top 5 in 4 years as a head coach.  where the comparison is to adjusted stats DC king PK at Washington.

I think it’s dumb as fuck to be comparing the two coaches at all. But shitting on ones PAC accomplishments while touting the others is especially dumb as fuck.

Let me amend, I’d sacrifice everyone posting on this page for being cunty fucks and perpetuating this tire fire of a topic. Id kill WinningIsHard 6 times because he basically ruins every page he posts on with his football board combo of low IQ takes, unfounded confidence, and general dunning-Kruger model citizenship. Fucking fuck. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, ousux said:

Yet Harbaugh has perpetually been on the hotseat at some point in at least the past 5 seasons..

Lesson for us? Too soon to say, but yeah...not sure anyone saw Harbaugh getting Meatchicken back to what they once were, (or simply beating tOSU) just like we have a hard time imagining Sark being the guy for us.

he's been winning 9-10 games a year basically but yeah Michigan can't stand losing to tOSU.  we are pretty much fine with losing to OU as long as you are beating almost all of the others.  We have equivalent or sometimes better rosters so we end up surprising OU enough.  OSU has been out-recruiting Michigan for years and generally has had a better roster.

18 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

He has 0, I repeat 0 conference championships in 11 seasons.

Conference? Sarkisian has 0, I repeat 0 division titles. His best ever season as a HC is a shared 2nd-4th in the Pac 12 South, 5th in the Pac overall, 6-3 in conference. That’s his peak. With a loaded USC roster built by Kiffin, Ogre, et al 

Thumbing your nose at Harbaugh while cheerleading a natural born loser in Sark is absolute delusion. I don’t love Harbaugh or think he hung the moon but he laps Sark several times over at every stop he’s made. 

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Herman wasn’t winning 10 games with this squad. Last year might’ve been 6 or 7 wins without Sam.

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Conference? Sarkisian has 0, I repeat 0 division titles. His best ever season as a HC is a shared 2nd-4th in the Pac 12 South, 5th in the Pac overall, 6-3 in conference. That’s his peak. With a loaded USC roster built by Kiffin, Ogre, et al 

Thumbing your nose at Harbaugh while cheerleading a natural born loser in Sark is absolute delusion. I don’t love Harbaugh or think he hung the moon but he laps Sark several times over at every stop he’s made. 

I wasn’t comparing sark to harbaugh man. But before @SydneyCarton has to come in and prove he suffers from imposter syndrome, I’ll relent. Lol 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting