2021 Texas HS football

Machinator

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

we don't recruit westlake corners right?

They've had dominant front 7 play forever but when they have a weakness it's their secondary. Even my second rate ass beat their 1994 State finalist team deep repeatedly. You'll recall that TJT with Marc Broyles figured that out in the title game and threw more than they had all year to win. They couldn't just line up and run it on them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Helobious said:

I’m actually less impressed the more I watch him. He’s mostly just throw it up to his superior receivers and hope for the best.

Matthew Stafford has made a career outta that shit.

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I’ve liked taking Murphy more than Klubnik all along.  Ewers is orders of magnitude more talented.   I’ve always felt Klubnik was a worse prospect coming out of high school than Ehlinger, yet he’s rated much higher.  

That Dodge system, combined with the influence of Austin area people on these rankings when Westlake wins a lot and they feel their oats, has the perception of Klubnik inflated quite a bit.  Nothing pops about the actual physical ability, and running Dodge’s system against high school teams doesn’t mean you’re Tom Brady when it comes to intangibles and processing the game. 

most everything out of Austin is extremely overrated 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, crum said:

PI on a ball thrown away?

Yeah, bad call. Maybe defensive holding can happen but the ball was 10 yards out of bounds and clearly uncatchable. 

Westlake is still the better team so will most likely win this but I think the talk of best ever unstoppable offense looks a little questionable right now.

6 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I’ve liked taking Murphy more than Klubnik all along.  Ewers is orders of magnitude more talented.   I’ve always felt Klubnik was a worse prospect coming out of high school than Ehlinger, yet he’s rated much higher.  

That Dodge system, combined with the influence of Austin area people on these rankings when Westlake wins a lot and they feel their oats, has the perception of Klubnik inflated quite a bit.  Nothing pops about the actual physical ability, and running Dodge’s system against high school teams doesn’t mean you’re Tom Brady when it comes to intangibles and processing the game. 

He can't be worse than the DJ guy. 

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, bad call. Maybe defensive holding can happen but the ball was 10 yards out of bounds and clearly uncatchable. 

Westlake is still the better team so will most likely win this but I think the talk of best ever unstoppable offense looks a little questionable right now.

Beating Katy the way they did and some headline reading probably got to their heads a little bit 

2 minutes ago, blacklab said:

He’s pretty short. Gets picked on by other offenses. 

not sure wtf is going on with Cade. Hasn’t looked like this ever

1 minute ago, cmontexas said:

Guyer does have 4 D1 guys in the secondary and have managed a pretty good pass rush

Yep, he looks like he's facing a pass rush and covered receivers. He's a talented prospect and great high school QB but all QBs look different in that situation than when they have time and wide open receivers.