2021 Texas HS football

Machinator

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

North Shore’s lines would tear Westlake a new one.

Long way to go in this one, but from what I've seen I think a North Shore/Westlake game would have been about just as low scoring as their win over Duncanville. Westlake should be favored in that hypothetical but you're right, NS's DL would have more than held their own and I don't see WL's receivers getting as open, let alone more open, against NS's secondary.

But on the other side I don't see the Mustangs scoring much against this Westlake defense. Bad matchup for them, too.

Edited by Huckleberry

11 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Westlake should come out and put a beat down on Guyer, but the Wildcats have done a great job for a half.

I expect that. Guyer is just surviving. Good game plan. Actually targeting Burke in the offense. He has some Ovie in him, just sprinting up field. Guyer has found room going underneath him on draws 

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

How many times did westlake play the sisters of the poor this year ???

Temple, Euless Trinity, Lake Travis, a 10 win Bowie team and cakewalked to the state game murdering Katy on the way. Yeah Westlake still played Akins and Austin high and some other shit hooks but they’ve played some decent competition this year 

17 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Long way to go in this one, but from what I've seen I think a North Shore/Westlake game would have been about just as low scoring as their win over Duncanville. Westlake should be favored in that hypothetical but you're right, NS's DL would have more than held their own and I don't see WL's receivers getting as open, let alone more open, against NS's secondary.

But on the other side I don't see the Mustangs scoring much against this Westlake defense. Bad matchup for them, too.

Really wish their was one more game in 6A. Winner of D2 vs D1 would make me happy

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

The Office Thank You GIF

Although I get why there isn't one. Both those teams have already played a fuck ton of games. 

Just make qualifying a little tougher and cut the field a bit. First round or 2 can produce some really lopsided games 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Just make qualifying a little tougher and cut the field a bit 

At that point we'd just be going in reverse and back to the 1 division format. 

I just think it's silly that neither 6A team is really the undisputed best team in the state. Granted there were years in the past where the best team wasn't in the highest xA division. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

He has been the best player on the field in this game so far and it isn’t close

Denton Guyer's Nose Tackle has been fucking them up.

I apologize for not just watch the skill positions...

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

Denton Guyer's Nose Tackle has been fucking them up.

I apologize for not just watch the skill positions...

Nice fat guy plug, but it isn’t close. The QB is the entire offense and he is facing pressure every snap. Not saying he is a future Heisman player, but the kid is playing his ass off vs a bad ass defense 

3 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Nice fat guy plug, but it isn’t close. The QB is the entire offense and he is facing pressure every snap. Not saying he is a future Heisman player, but the kid is playing his ass off vs a bad ass defense 

He's a fairly high 4 star and should get a bump for tonight I'd imagine. Looks like he'll play anywhere he wants. 

He's more highly rated than Cade was as a Jr in this game last year. 

Edited by ztejas

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

At that point we'd just be going in reverse and back to the 1 division format. 

I just think it's silly that neither 6A team is really the undisputed best team in the state. Granted there were years in the past where the best team wasn't in the highest xA division. 

What's wrong with going back? No reason for 4th place teams to be in the playoffs. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Those two plays you can see why Klubnik is highly rated. When he's in rhythm and his first or second read is open he's money and his arm is excellent. 

1st or 2nd read, you say...

I mean yeah, he makes those plays, but what decent QB at level doesn't.  They didn't convert a 3rd down in the game until midway through the 3rd Q.

Some of that has been on the QB not making a play.