John Cena makes Bitch Ass apology to China

PRONG HORN

It’s incredible how much Hollywood fellates China on the regular. 

There are tons of examples of colorism. Meaning that since 2012 when China began allowing more foreign films, their audiences preferred actors with lighter skin so Hollywood complied in the categories that they were most likely to watch. So 8% increase in POC with lighter skin. To satisfy their cultural movie watching feels. 

Hollywood full of hypocrites is nothing new. Make that money, phonies.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.axios.com/hollywood-casting-china-colorism-light-skinned-df469d97-66c2-4b33-b41e-1feb29bf1f75.html

4BE09D71-6BC6-482C-A601-C2368E38B900.png

• Hook 'Em 1

Damn, I agree it's embarrassing the extent that Hollywood (and other American industries) bow down to China for money but I feel a little bad for Cena here. I didn't get from his statement that he has any deep opinion on Taiwanese independence at all, I think he just got confused, put his foot in his mouth, and happened to hit on a third rail issue for China. One that could cost the movie he was promoting millions. 

Maybe he is whoring out his beliefs in a free and independent Taiwan by stumbling over himself to apologize but mostly I get the feeling he's just trying to fix a really unlucky mistake that he made, mostly out of ignorance to the situation. 

Edited by UncleSonny
  • Hook 'Em 1

I’d like to apologize for using the abrasive and inappropriate adjective that I used when trying to describe the eyes of Asians and Asian-Americans. It was truly not my intent to offend.  That word is not part of my usual vocabulary, I was just struggling to find the most correct word at that moment.  Going forward, I will do better. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I bet they can’t see him

Why, Cuz they’re so squinty eyed?  Racist!

Holy crap.  I had no idea what the controversy was. With all the groveling I thought maybe got caught doing some “me so solly” chinky voice impression.  Just called Taiwan a country. Meh Fuck China. 

Edited by Lhorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Hollywood full of hypocrites is nothing new. Make that money, phonies.

Bingo.  I’m embarrassed for Cena.  Groveling pussy.  Of course I wouldn’t say that to his face. Prob hit me over the head with a folding chair 

Edited by Lhorn

This is really tearing me up inside. I tore down all of my John Cena posters and had to throw out a bunch of WWE merch because I just can't side with him on this. I may not even tune in for the reboot of Wipeout at this point but it's going to be hard because I was really looking forward to it. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

Maybe he is whoring out his beliefs in a free and independent Taiwan by stumbling over himself to apologize but mostly I get the feeling he's just trying to fix a really unlucky mistake that he made, mostly out of ignorance to the situation. 

cena was one of the main guys trying to expand wwe into china in the early 2010s.  he learned the language to do it.  he's an incredibly smart guy with high business acumen.  he's also up to speed on current events.  he was not ignorant to the situation. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

cena was one of the main guys trying to expand wwe into china in the early 2010s.  he learned the language to do it.  he's an incredibly smart guy with high business acumen.  he's also up to speed on current events.  he was not ignorant to the situation. 

Fair enough, I don’t know shit about Cena. I just didn’t read what he said as an purposeful attempt to make a political statement. 

You seem more familiar with him, so what was your read on the initial quote? Has he previously been pro-Taiwan and was he subtly giving his support to their sovereignty? If he has been so keen to expand the wwe market to China that doesn’t really square with him being an activist that makes a point of being critical of the PRC. 

Fair enough, I don’t know shit about Cena. I just didn’t read what he said as an purposeful attempt to make a political statement. 
You seem more familiar with him, so what was your read on the initial quote? Has he previously been pro-Taiwan and was he subtly giving his support to their sovereignty? If he has been so keen to expand the wwe market to China that doesn’t really square with him being an activist that makes a point of being critical of the PRC. 
I don't know that much about John Cena other than his professional bio and what he's been doing the past few years. To my knowledge he hasn't said anything about Taiwan one way or the other. But anybody who learns Mandarin to the depths that he has and has done any type of business with China knows about their nationalism and their feelings especially towards Taiwan or Tibet. This sounded like an initial slip of his tongue where he wasn't really thinking and if betrayed his true feelings rather than a calculated attempt at making a political statement.
  • Hook 'Em 2

If China is so delicate that they’re getting the vapors that a former WWE wrestler called Taiwan a country perhaps they’re not ready to experience the extreme nitro fueled mayhem and edge of your seat excitement of “The Fast and Furious XVII -Beijing Drift.”  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

If China is so delicate that they’re getting the vapors that a former WWE wrestler called Taiwan a country perhaps they’re not ready to experience the extreme nitro fueled mayhem and edge of your seat excitement of “The Fast and Furious XVII -Beijing Drift.”  

i know you're joking, but to your point this is what they do.  they jab and prod on seemingly trivial issues trying to see where the line is.  the more this happens the more people roll their eyes and think "oh china" but they get used to it and it stretches the line further out (see hong kong).  by the time people wake up they're swept so far out on the tide it's too late.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I know nothing about this situation but is China seriously at some point going to usurp Taiwan? Or are they just going to continue to pretend

I just looked it up and Taiwan doesn't have nukes but can you imagine the global clusterfuck if they actually develop nukes? It's bad enough that we have India and Pakistan threatening to blow up the world.

Edited by ajax

It's been awhile since Vince has trotter out a monster foreign heel.  A Chinese guy bragging about how much better they handled the covid could draw a lot of heat.  Too bad he's probably after that sweet, sweet Chinese cash too.

I think Vince would run with this.  Some “bro” heel reeking of white privilege addresses someone with the wrong pronoun or calls an Asian person “oriental” to a shower of boos and a roided up individual of uncertain gender and ethnicity runs to the ring and knock them out with their finishing move called “sensitivity training.”