2021 NBA Offseason Thread: Business as Usual? -- Trades/Free Agency/Retirements/Etc.

Patrick Bateman

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Take it with the size grain of salt that is needed...... To me the most interesting part is that Dame isn't keen on getting traded which means, maybe he allows Portland to shuffle the deck and is not dead set on getting out.

Too bad for everyone involved that the Knicks have nothing that would interest Portland.

4 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

bold move to not take the $36m while injured.  We will see if it works out for Uncle Dennis.

Bold move my ass. The Clippers are going to give him every penny they possibly can. And if they don't, someone else will. The bigger question is how long of a contract he signs. IIRC, he can sign a four year deal for 35% of the cap or a one year deal that would make him eligible for the super max next year. If I know uncle Dennis, they have already made a deal under the table for the super max and that goldbrick motherfucker won't play a minute this season. 

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

He's often inured, 30 years old, and wanting a four year deal.  Clips going to bite on that?

Without question they will.   Full max the second they can offer it.    Its not like they would have enough to sign anyone of note and what big time guy is going to the Clippers now?   Especially if Kawhi was leaving.

16 minutes ago, d2o said:

Cause he will get 90M+ guaranteed. 

Something like 3 years at $36M? I was thinking if he really cares about winning, he should tell the front office a total contract value of guaranteed money and let them stretch that over however many years they want. Four years at $20M? Cool, now next season they have cap space to get more help. Two years at $40M? Cool, they run it back but get him off the books quicker and may have one year to use him as trade bait if they don't get it done.

5 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Something like 3 years at $36M? I was thinking if he really cares about winning, he should tell the front office a total contract value of guaranteed money and let them stretch that over however many years they want. Four years at $20M? Cool, now next season they have cap space to get more help. Two years at $40M? Cool, they run it back but get him off the books quicker and may have one year to use him as trade bait if they don't get it done.

He is not taking a total smaller than the 44M he just opted out of you can believe that.    Nor should he.    That wouldn't show that "he cares about winning"    It would show he's dumb.     He's an asshole and many other things.    I've never thought of him to be dumb.

An annual salary of 30M would still give PHX 14M that wouldn't have to sign someone else anyway.

Edited by d2o

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Bold move my ass. The Clippers are going to give him every penny they possibly can. And if they don't, someone else will. The bigger question is how long of a contract he signs. IIRC, he can sign a four year deal for 35% of the cap or a one year deal that would make him eligible for the super max next year. If I know uncle Dennis, they have already made a deal under the table for the super max and that goldbrick motherfucker won't play a minute this season. 

You think he signs a deal with a 3rd year opt out clause. He seems to like to have that freedom.

4 hours ago, d2o said:

They could still get Derozen in a S&T for Schroeder

Doubtful.  It would have to be a 3 team trade because the Spurs don't need another guard.

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

🤣🤣😂

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b6o8dt4nnag8ic11s9j

43 minutes ago, d2o said:

Good for Steph.  50+ million dollar man.

Formalizing ATL's relevance for the next 3-4 years.

4 hours ago, d2o said:

He is not taking a total smaller than the 44M he just opted out of you can believe that.    Nor should he.    That wouldn't show that "he cares about winning"    It would show he's dumb.     He's an asshole and many other things.    I've never thought of him to be dumb.

An annual salary of 30M would still give PHX 14M that wouldn't have to sign someone else anyway.

Ummm, I didn't suggest a total lower than that. I suggested total contract values around $80M.

Edited by Llogg