Texas vs Tennessee: College World Series (Elimination)

chase25

Just now, dcar00 said:

Pierce did a good job getting Stevens out of there, when it was obvious he didn't have it.  maybe one inning too late but he rode Witt to the end and it paid off waiting the one extra inning.

Yup. We hopefully have 3 games left to play and saving the bullpen despite Stevens’ rough day was huge. 

And hey - 8 runs with only 9 strikeouts! We looked like a different ball club 

10 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Cannot overestimate the importance of those two double plays - not only in the level of execution but the timing, especially.

Game savers. 

They were so clutch. The 5-2-3 isn’t exactly easy and Silas dug that out on one hop. Then the rifle to first having to step pretty far out to get the angle. Was just clutch city defense. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Some of the best defense you'll ever see was on display today....saved us and gave the offense a boost.

You are correct sir!

The leather flash was fucking sick today.

So was Tanner.  Mad f'n respect to that HOSS.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, troph said:

They were so clutch. The 5-2-3 isn’t exactly easy and Silas dug that out on one hop. Then the rifle to first having to step pretty far out to get the angle. Was just clutch city defense. 

it will be up there with Omar.  keeping his foot on the plate with that gear on while getting the short hop is unbelievably difficult.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, DoneWithit said:

The silver lining with the Stevens outing is he only threw 4 1/3. With him being the best pitcher on the staff in terms of recovery, according to Pierce, that is going to be massive going forward. 

It's big if we win the next one.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, dcar00 said:

it will be up there with Omar.  keeping his foot on the plate with that gear on while getting the short hop is unbelievably difficult.

Yeah on the replay you can see just how close he was to coming off early. Getting the ball from third was part of it but anticipation to get the guy at first the other part.  Probably not practiced enough if we are all being honest it’s not a common play and he was straight up nails.

7 minutes ago, UrbanAchiever said:

Pitch counts thus far

Madden - 105
Witt - 78
Stevens - 58
Hansen - 26

I'm assuming we roll with Hansen to start on Thursday. 

Nixon, Quintanilla, and Kubichek have yet to throw a pitch, so we have some bullpen depth.

those are off day bullpen numbers for Nolan Ryan as he chortles and says everyone is available Thursday.

• Haha 1

Just now, Knoxtnhorn said:

Whew.  I needed that win.  You don't understand how many Vol friends of mine came out of the woodwork over the past few days to talk shit.  If we had blown it, I would have been like the blond chick in The Matrix.  "Not like this.... not like this".  Oddly enough, my phone has been silent for 30 minutes now.

cricket minutes must be up

Good texag comments....this never gets old:

For a CWS game, I'm surprised by the poor officiating. Not pulling for either team, just watching because I love collegiate sports and the drama of high stakes competition.

Play at plate in the bottom of the 4th should've never been called safe on the field to begin with. When a ball beats a runner by that much, most good umpires are going to call an out unless it's something that would obviously be over-turned on replay or is obvious from the stands. As a result, home plate umpire comes across looking like he's got an agenda. Pretty clear that he was looking for the slightest piece of evidence that the runner could've been safe and consequently it can't be over-turned due to inconclusive camera footage.

Third base umpire doesn't need to be the first one to run across the field to the 1B dugout to eject someone either, especially if it was for just slamming their first down on the railing for a close 3-2 pitch. If it's that egregious, the 1B or HP umpire will take care of it. These umpires are acting like fans came to see them; it's a bad look imo.

Watching how the calls all just happen to go tu's way reminds me why we NEVER want to play them again in anything. Absolutely loathe them and their crappy fans.

Their coverage of the sip fans is insufferable.

Tennessee sh@t the bed so tu beats another SEC East team but still hasn't beat a SEC West team including A&M.

6-0 and 8-4. Not the same Tennessee team we have seen all season. Can't help but think Vitello has other things on his mind. Hopefully MState does the SEC proud tonight. Somebody just finish Texas please!!!!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2