Texas vs Tennessee: College World Series (Elimination)

chase25

Just now, Lobo said:

Witt is dealing.  43 pitches.  You leave him in for all/part of the 8th or get deeper into the bullpen?  

I feel like he could close the game but I doubt they let him. Maybe get through the 8th and bring Nixon in for the 9th.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Lobo said:

Witt is dealing.  43 pitches.  You leave him in for all/part of the 8th or get deeper into the bullpen?  

I think let him go. This many pitches he’s prolly already out for the next game. See if he can get through the 8th under 60 pitches and then pull him.

Yeah, I agree.  It's temping to bring in somebody right now though because Witt after the 8th may not be able to come back on Thursday night?  1-2 more runs this inning makes that a non-issue.  Which is nice.  Get him on ice either way by 4:00p.  And get me some more ice, my drink is tepid.

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

I’d do it. He’s getting a day off tomorrow and might not need to pitch Thursday. That should be enough for him. 

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

with a 4 run lead you leave him in and see if he can get you through the 8th to nixon.  2 get on I'm pulling him though.

Just now, Herpa Derpa said:

No activity in Texas pen. Witt coming out for 8th. 

As soon as I read that, they cut away to the bullpen...3 guys sitting but looking alert.  One guy (can't read the number) on his back in agony, like he ate at Waffle House instead of doing pre-game stretches. 

I guess Witt has the watch until the end and will be done for Thursday, available on Friday.  It should work out (knock on wood, takes drink)

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, I agree.  It's temping to bring in somebody right now though because Witt after the 8th may not be able to come back on Thursday night?  1-2 more runs this inning makes that a non-issue.  Which is nice.  Get him on ice either way by 4:00p.  And get me some more ice, my drink is tepid.

he could give us an inning for sure if he stays under 60.   we underestimate the ability of these arms at this age.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

he could give us an inning for sure if he stays under 60.   we underestimate the ability of these arms at this age.

NO, I totally agree with him being able to go into the 9th.  Just a question on if he's burned for Thursday in that case.  Which looks like it'll be the likely scenario.  

Probably shouldn't be looking ahead, but I can't get Craig Way here so I'm stuck listening to Ben McDonald talk about his grammar school base coach or some shit, and just pontificating about where we might end up this weekend pitching-wise...

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

As soon as I read that, they cut away to the bullpen...3 guys sitting but looking alert.  One guy (can't read the number) on his back in agony, like he ate at Waffle House instead of doing pre-game stretches. 

I guess Witt has the watch until the end and will be done for Thursday, available on Friday.  It should work out (knock on wood, takes drink)

Wasn't he stretching?

3 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Diamond dawgs sounds like a 13u team where the kids have mohawks and the parents drive lifted f-250s

Fun fact, that actually was the name of a travel team made up of mostly McNeil and Westwood players. Most of the parents were good people though