Chris Warren signs with the Oakland Raiders

Machinator

22 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Season... against nobodies. His best game was Okie State, 80th+ against the run.

Warren ran like a limp dishrag. Blocked even worse. He sucked. If you couldn't see that, you don't know shit about football.

He would be better then Porter if he was running at 50%.  But you don’t think that, who doesn’t know shit about football here?  His blocking last year minus one clip y’all love was better then Porter also

• Fuck You 1

a few things here

he should run out of a pro or pistol. was never going to be a guy running out of the gun. it was stupid to ask him to. 

i wish him the best but would put money on him marcus latimoring a leg or two in the NFL. watch the highlights above. takes shots down low and isn't churning his legs nearly fast enough. he lumbers. watch the TE TD catch against WV. he can't pivot and get his legs moving fast enough to stay healthy. i hope not and wish him the best but he is really good athlete who is strong AF and can run. but he isn't a great RB by any stretch of the imagination IMO.

• Like 2

Porter had more carries last year than any other running back. He also had the lowest yards per carry. By a lot.

Our personnel decisions last year on offense were terrible.

Porter had 83 carries

Young had 81

I don’t consider 2 to be “a lot”

Sam had the most carries btw - so in that regard our decisions were poor.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/texas/2017.html

BTW I don't disagree that Porter got too many snaps but this myth that Porter was playing every down over Warren needs to end. By the end of the season both Porter and Warren were passed up on the depth chart by Freshmen who were simply producing where the other two were not.

Warren has nobody to blame but himself for his performance at Texas. He clearly had the talent and didn't bother to apply himself until he got his ass chewed out by some veteran NFL players. Hopefully this is his wake-up call. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Porter had 83 carries

Young had 81

I don’t consider 2 to be “a lot”

Sam had the most carries btw - so in that regard our decisions were poor.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/texas/2017.html

The "alot" was in reference to his dismal YPC.  It was 1 to 1.5 yards lower than every other back.  That he got more carries last year than any other back is bottling of the mind.  

It's a two way street  - Yes, Warren deserves blame for not living up to his potential here.  But our offensive coaches do as well.  They completely goat fucked us at times last year.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

The "alot" was in reference to his dismal YPC.  It was 1 to 1.5 yards lower than every other back.  That he got more carries last year than any other back is bottling of the mind.  

It's a two way street  - Yes, Warren deserves blame for not living up to his potential here.  But our offensive coaches do as well.  They completely goat fucked us at times last year.

Look you don't get passed up by two true freshmen because of some conspiracy. You have to listen and give a shit and Warren didn't. Like I said glad he does now with the Raiders. Hopefully for his sake he continues to do so. 

21 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Look you don't get passed up by two true freshmen because of some conspiracy. You have to listen and give a shit and Warren didn't. Like I said glad he does now with the Raiders. Hopefully for his sake he continues to do so. 

Are you sure about that with this staff?  Last year more talented players didn’t play because they didn’t “practice” good.....

• Fuck You 1

28 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Are you sure about that with this staff?  Last year more talented players didn’t play because they didn’t “practice” good.....

I don't trust this staff in that regard but c'mon. Warren wasn't a good player here in the games we saw. Young was a better RB. Carter was a better RB. You don't need to be Steve Spurrier to come to that conclusion. 

47 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I don't trust this staff in that regard but c'mon. Warren wasn't a good player here in the games we saw. Young was a better RB. Carter was a better RB. You don't need to be Steve Spurrier to come to that conclusion. 

This is all true wrt Young and Carter, but none of us fans became aware of this fact until over halfway through the season. Most of the complaints concerning the decision of utilizing Porter over Warrren had to do with the first half of the season. That shit was indefensible at the time. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 1

This is all true wrt Young and Carter, but none of us fans became aware of this fact until over halfway through the season. Most of the complaints concerning the decision of utilizing Porter over Warrren had to do with the first half of the season. That shit was indefensible at the time. 

Agreed. And I was pissed too.

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

My conspiracy theory is that his dad was in his ear telling him to dog it after his knee injury. Telling him not to worry about performance because he would get him a tryout, and to save his body for the NFL. He turned into a gaping pussy all of the sudden after that injury.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

So 3 yards a carry is better then almost 5......   Ok, brilliant, you should be a coach.

3 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

He would be better then Porter if he was running at 50%.  But you don’t think that, who doesn’t know shit about football here?  His blocking last year minus one clip y’all love was better then Porter also

you couldn’t coach a peewee girls’ team. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

You’re absolutely correct, though, we’re splitting hairs comparing our midgets. You’re also arguing with an idiot. 

4 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Who gives a fuck? If that’s what the coach tells you, that’s the way it is. Everyone can’t be a  bitch like Armanti Foreman and his dad and expect to get to play. The inmates don’t run the asylum. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

Porter had more carries last year than any other running back. He also had the lowest yards per carry. By a lot.

Our personnel decisions last year on offense were terrible.

Yeah but by only two carries (And he had like 20 less carries than Sam, despite Sam playing fewer games so it was not like Porter was our workhorse or something) and had significantly fewer carries as Young and Carter emerged. So I think you are phrasing this to make the situation appear worse than it actually was.

You could piece this together from watching the highlights or simply watch the game. All his big runs were in the third quarter, with backups playing backups and through holes rivaling Madonna’s birth canal. His 4-8 yard “highlights” all featured an inital hole where he wasn’t touched until past then LOS. There were also plenty of runs lacking a clearly defined hole or where defenders got into his feet and he went down for no gain, or failed to get those knees up to sift the trash and was tackled for a loss. 

None of this is news to a Texas fan. It’s the same player displaying the same attributes he showed in Austin when he wasn’t playing TTU.   You can do the self loathing, why does God hate our football program routine, or wish him well, hope he does well and not be overly surprised when he’s not overly productive in real games. 

Edited by Bobby_Batronic
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Who gives a fuck? If that’s what the coach tells you, that’s the way it is. Everyone can’t be a  bitch like Armanti Foreman and his dad and expect to get to play. The inmates don’t run the asylum. 

Bob McNair couldn’t have said it better himself. 

8 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah but by only two carries (And he had like 20 less carries than Sam, despite Sam playing fewer games so it was not like Porter was our workhorse or something) and had significantly fewer carries as Young and Carter emerged. So I think you are phrasing this to make the situation appear worse than it actually was.

From above:

13 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

The "alot" was in reference to his dismal YPC.  It was 1 to 1.5 yards lower than every other back.  

That he was getting significant carries at all is bad coaching.  The dude sucks.  

15 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Season... against nobodies. His best game was Okie State, 80th+ against the run.

Warren ran like a limp dishrag. Blocked even worse. He sucked. If you couldn't see that, you don't know shit about football.

He caught wide open go routes at H-back though!

13 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

The OL was dooty.

I'm hoping we can effectively grind the ball down the field with the run this year, and moving forward. You watch any Auburn games last couple of years? Those guys can GRIND some running yards.

38314_12889680f.jpg

• Like 1

I quote-tweeted Daddy Foreman about that tweet. He replied. The only person to like his reply was an OU fan. Congrats. Derrick, Sooners fans like you.

That podcast is gunna be rough if this is how it's gunna go. I told him. He doesn't care.

Herman and Co didn't coach the lights out last year, but I'm not gunna hold a lot of Warren against them. Run-Into-A-Lineman-Then-Fall-Forward isn't a running style that's coached. Should have been less Warren AND Porter. 

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, UncleBuck said:

I quote-tweeted Daddy Foreman about that tweet. He replied. The only person to like his reply was an OU fan. Congrats. Derrick, Sooners fans like you.

That podcast is gunna be rough if this is how it's gunna go. I told him. He doesn't care.

Herman and Co didn't coach the lights out last year, but I'm not gunna hold a lot of Warren against them. Run-Into-A-Lineman-Then-Fall-Forward isn't a running style that's coached. Should have been less Warren AND Porter. 

Don't give him any attention or download his podcast.  He's in it for the clicks and he'll get them from Sooners and aggy.  Figurelli is all about him, BTW, which just goes to show you the extent of his clown show.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SizzleChest said:

Don't give him any attention or download his podcast.  He's in it for the clicks and he'll get them from Sooners and aggy.  Figurelli is all about him, BTW, which just goes to show you the extent of his clown show.

Well, I'm going to give it a shot, 'cos I'm cool with the cohost, and I've been wanting a different Horns podcast. Maybe he tones down, but I doubt it.

3 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

From above:

That he was getting significant carries at all is bad coaching.  The dude sucks.  

I am just so glad the next season is starting soon so I can finally stop being in these endless circular conversations that go nowhere over Porter. We have been having the same conversation for almost a year and nobody ever seems to convince anybody else of anything.

I am just so glad the next season is starting soon so I can finally stop being in these endless circular conversations that go nowhere over Porter. We have been having the same conversation for almost a year and nobody ever seems to convince anybody else of anything.

Since he’s still on the roster and will get carries, it’s not gonna stop.

Welcome to the Internet. The season starting will not solve this, except there will (hopefully) be a new porter to argue about.

Gruden on Warren.     iirc,  Herman said the same ?

He’s a good back, isn’t he?” Raiders coach Jon Gruden said to 247Sports. “I mean, he’s run for almost 200 yards in two weeks. And I know he’s not playing against the regulars, but he’s not playing with the regulars, either. He’s a big, powerful back that’s taking care of the ball. He’s got to get better without the football — that’s what it’s all about with him.”

https://www.mystatesman.com/sports/golden-nuggets-sam-ehlinger-will-start-for-texas-but-can-finish/OAB4iry2PEAeIPmO2PQZXJ/

21 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

You could piece this together from watching the highlights or simply watch the game. All his big runs were in the third quarter, with backups playing backups and through holes rivaling Madonna’s birth canal. His 4-8 yard “highlights” all featured an inital hole where he wasn’t touched until past then LOS. There were also plenty of runs lacking a clearly defined hole or where defenders got into his feet and he went down for no gain, or failed to get those knees up to sift the trash and was tackled for a loss. 

None of this is news to a Texas fan. It’s the same player displaying the same attributes he showed in Austin when he wasn’t playing TTU.   You can do the self loathing, why does God hate our football program routine, or wish him well, hope he does well and not be overly surprised when he’s not overly productive in real games. 

AGREED......Remember Warren was NOT  DRAFTED  by an NFL Team.....

This whole banter about CW3 makes me laugh..... and think of the following MoneyBall quote:

""If he's such a good hitter, why doesn't he hit good?" 

Edited by LTtxfan

24 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

AGREED......Remember Warren was NOT  DRAFTED  by an NFL Team.....

This whole banter about CW3 makes me laugh..... and think of the following MoneyBall quote:

""If he's such a good hitter, why doesn't he hit good?" 

Yeah, it’s too bad no undrafted player has ever gone on to have a successful NFL career. 

7 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Yeah, it’s too bad no undrafted player has ever gone on to have a successful NFL career. 

Nice Use of Sarcasm.....

Point is that lots of folks not as sold on CW3.  Many that doubt his future success are NFL folks.....

Edited by LTtxfan