Chris Warren signs with the Oakland Raiders

Machinator

17 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

I'll root for him, but not as hard as I did say for Jamaal. Jamaal left early, but put in far more effort in his 3 years on the 40.

I’ll always root for Longhorns. He didn’t give his best during his years here.  I didn’t give my best at UT either between the ages of 18-21. It happens.  He’s brought no shame to the University. 

• Like 5

On 8/25/2018 at 8:35 AM, Rex Kramer said:

Holton Hill didn’t quit on the team. He’s a bonehead, for sure. But to say he “never really did shit for the team” is hilarious. Dude was our best defender last year until his suspension. Absolutely I will root for him. 

Similar with Warren. I don’t know the circumstances behind the end of his tenure, either. I don’t know if he was demoralized by Herman. 

I also don’t seem to know nearly as much as everyone here about Poona. I know he’s way undersized and was for a Texas DT. I know he’s one of those Shag/Surly favorites and I have never understood why. I don’t know about his work ethic.

But absolutely I will root for him because he’s a Horn. I’d fucking root for Ron Weaver McKelvey if he made a comeback. 

Dumb observation. Clearly you don't watch much football or maybe you're blind. Hell, at least a blind man can listen to game and determine whats going on. He was also one Herman's favorites due to his work ethic and leadership. He is small/undersized, but still B12 defensive lineman of the year.

Fyi...

OAK.svg

"The Raiders placed Warren on injured reserve due to a knee injury, Matt Schneidman of The San Jose Mercury News reports.

General manager Reggie McKenzie touched on Warren's health Saturday, saying the undrafted rookie running back had been playing through a knee issue that was "wearing on him." Consequently, Warren will undergo season-ending surgery to alleviate the concern."

Edited by LTtxfan

28 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Damnit...I drafted him on one of my fantasy teams...he looked great in his pre-season games.

Sorry about that.... Looks like out for Season....

Quote:  "Warren will undergo season-ending surgery to alleviate the concern."

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 8/19/2018 at 2:36 PM, Blotto said:

Chris Warren consistently performed well in high school, performed well under Strong (when given carries), and early returns in Oakland are promising. He sucked ass under Herman. I'm not sure why that is, but the evidence suggests Herman probably had a lot to do with that. 

Nailed it. Warren was always a TE because of his size. Herman was right. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

11 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

I have some reason to believe that Chris Warren has some mental issues he should get addressed.  That's not a slam on him, it's a condition that I suspect he needs to address to have a good life.  I'll leave it there.

Is entitlement now classified as a mental issue?  Because, shit, it's an epidemic in the US (/no CR).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grippe said:

Is entitlement now classified as a mental issue?  Because, shit, it's an epidemic in the US (/no CR).

No, it's something that I think he needs help with.  Hopefully it'll work out. 
Sometimes issues go way, way beyond what the public/media thinks is the problem.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

No, it's something that I think he needs help with.  Hopefully it'll work out. 
Sometimes issues go way, way beyond what the public/media thinks is the problem.

Okay, Mr Gatekeeper. Link us to your 9.95 website so we can read what you've "been told" 

7 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

There was a poster whose son knew him. Can’t remember who it was. I remember him saying Warren was really withdrawn during his last season at Texas.

The dude might have clincial depression. And that's sad and he needs to find help. Sounds like when Ian Crocker was known in the swimming community for buying an 18 rack and finishing it while basically just staring at the wall after he finished up at meets. And he got help and overcame it.

But that said, the CW3 apologists got really annoying. 

• Like 1

Just now, texifornia said:

But that said, the CW3 apologists got really annoying. 

The damned truth. And, honestly, if he's suffering from depression, bottoming out is probably a necessary first step to recovery. There are some people "strong" enough to fight through it without help, but those are the ones who usually end up surprising everybody when they kill themselves, because "nobody saw it coming" given how successful they were. If you fail, you're more likely to be able to get help.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, markstanco said:
18 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:
Nailed it. Warren was always a TE because of his size. Herman was right. 

Herman said this at one time?

No, he simply started playing him in a flex TE role. Did he need to “say” something as well? Was this post intended to be obtuse? Or are you just really fucking stupid? I don’t understand how your attempt at piecing a coherent thought together here was supposed to add value. 

• Like 1

No, he simply started playing him in a flex TE role. Did he need to “say” something as well? Was this post intended to be obtuse? Or are you just really fucking stupid? I don’t understand how your attempt at piecing a coherent thought together here was supposed to add value. 
Shit the fuck up, I did not know if at any time he mentioned it.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Chris Warren is a softy who is spoiled and has never been told “no” in his life. The end of his career here was a sign of his immaturity. This is yet another. If he doesn’t grow up really soon, his career will be in something other than football. 

On 7/28/2019 at 5:44 PM, phdhorn said:

I have some reason to believe that Chris Warren has some mental issues he should get addressed.  That's not a slam on him, it's a condition that I suspect he needs to address to have a good life.  I'll leave it there.

giphy.gif

On 7/28/2019 at 5:57 PM, Grippe said:

Well it did get some dude in Florida out of jail. Some crazy defense that a knucklehead judge/jury fell for.