Chris Warren signs with the Oakland Raiders

Machinator

Mensa got psyched. Only in football-never-ever do you not find a way to work it out with Warren given what else you have... You find a way to work with the young man and get him to commit to something (himself or the team - doesn't matter) and you get him to play for that. The point you are making doesn't really get made, anyway. Players want to win.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Mensa got psyched. Onky in football-never-ever do you not find a way to work it out with Warren given what else you have... You find a way to work with the young man and get him to commit to something (himself or the team - doesn't matter) and you get him to play for that. The point you are making doesn't really get made, anyway. Players want to win.

Dudes who have raw ability, but 1) don't believe they have put the work in and 2) drag their helicopter parent(s) and their bullshit through the program are cancers.  How many of these fucknuts are worth that grind?  Less than 1 percent, and Warren was nowhere near that class of player.

Edited by SizzleChest
  • Like 5

Maybe he didn’t try hard enough, or have the right attitude, or ran too upright, or wasn’t aligned. But somehow the Seahawks are managing to get something out of him. Mensa and Beck gave Porter his carries and moved him to TE. I would have transferred too. 

Edited by bschoolprof
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Maybe he didn’t try hard enough, or have the right attitude, or ran too upright, or wasn’t aligned. But somehow the Seahawks are managing to get something out of him. Mensa and Beck gave Porter his carries and moved him to TE. I would have transferred too. 

SEAHAWKS???  🤣🤣🤣

35 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Nobody is faultless in the Warren situation.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Kid fucking sucked here. Money motivated him to maximize his talent. Not that hard to figure out. 

Money motivates a lot of guys, you still need to find a way to get something out of them. Other staffs do it. I think Warren got lost in the coaching change shuffle.

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

Nobody is faultless in the Warren situation.

Yep. 

37 minutes ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

He’s right though

Pop Foreman is an asshole, but I will never ever defend the amount of carries Kyle Porter got.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Snacks said:

Mensa got psyched. Only in football-never-ever do you not find a way to work it out with Warren given what else you have... You find a way to work with the young man and get him to commit to something

Fuck warren. He made his choice. He was a “me” player. 

• Like 3

Chris Warren consistently performed well in high school, performed well under Strong (when given carries), and early returns in Oakland are promising. He sucked ass under Herman. I'm not sure why that is, but the evidence suggests Herman probably had a lot to do with that. 

I wish nothing but the best of success for Chris Warren......but he did look all world against Tech a few years ago.....then pretty much shit the bed for the rest of his UT career.  I'm just glad he went pro.....didn't transfer to another college team and look explosive like these past two weeks.  If he ends up all pro.....TEXAS will always be the college reference

21 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Chris Warren consistently performed well in high school, performed well under Strong (when given carries), and early returns in Oakland are promising. He sucked ass under Herman. I'm not sure why that is, but the evidence suggests Herman probably had a lot to do with that. 

He did not “perform well” under Strong. Chris Warren was never consistent here. That was solely on him. He did not give consistent effort. He could never be counted on. He was hurt a lot and in his own head too much.

Hopefully money will motivate him to work hard every day. Wearing burnt orange and getting a scholly didn’t do it. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

He did not “perform well” under Strong. Chris Warren was never consistent here. That was solely on him. He did not give consistent effort. He could never be counted on. He was hurt a lot and in his own head too much.

Hopefully money will motivate him to work hard every day. Wearing burnt orange and getting a scholly didn’t do it. 

I won't argue the injury point, as he missed most a lot of time, but when he was given opportunities under Strong his numbers look pretty good.

Rk Date School   Opponent   Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD
  8 Games         71 470 6.6 4 5 13 2.6
1 2015-09-05 Texas @ Notre Dame L 3 4 1.3 0 0 0   0
2 2015-09-12 Texas   Rice W 2 5 2.5 0 0 0   0
3 2015-09-19 Texas   California L 5 24 4.8 0 0 0   0
4 2015-10-24 Texas   Kansas State W 2 19 9.5 0 0 0   0
5 2015-10-31 Texas @ Iowa State L 2 10 5.0 0 0 0   0
6 2015-11-14 Texas @ West Virginia L 4 26 6.5 0 2 -3 -1.5 0
7 2015-11-26 Texas   Texas Tech L 25 276 11.0 4 2 12 6.0 0
8 2015-12-05 Texas @ Baylor W 28 106 3.8 0 1 4 4.0 0

Rushing Tackles
Rk Date School   Opponent   Att Yds Avg TD Solo Ast Tot Loss Sk
  4 Games         62 366 5.9 3 1 0 1 0.0 0.0
1 2016-09-04 Texas   Notre Dame W 14 46 3.3 0 0 0 0 0.0 0.0
2 2016-09-10 Texas   Texas-El Paso W 20 95 4.8 1 0 0 0 0.0 0.0
3 2016-09-17 Texas @ California L 18 119 6.6 2 1 0 1 0.0 0.0
4 2016-10-01 Texas @ Oklahoma State L 10 106 10.6 0 0 0 0 0.0 0.0

Heading into his junior season, nobody was complaining about Warren. It's only after the clusterfuck last year do people bitch about his time here.  I'm not saying  Warren is blameless, but it's the coaches job to figure out how to get the most out of the players on the roster. Herman seems to be the one guy that couldn't do that.

Personnel decisions on the offensive side of the ball sucked ass the entire season, I’m not giving Herman a pass on that. Guys would disappear one week to the next and nobody had a clue who was going to get touches at RB and WR. I'm sure Herman had his reasons, but we ended up 7-6 with a defense that was rock solid (Maryland excluded). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Warren's best games: 

'15 Baylor (75th in S&P+ defense), '15 Texas Tech (124th in S&P + defense), '16 UTEP  (123rd in S&P+ defense),  '16 California (106th in S&P + defense), '16 Oklahoma State (66th in S&P + defense), '17 San Jose State (117th in S&P + defense). 

Warren didn't have any other games with over 50 yards rushing or multiple touchdowns. Oklahoma State was probably the only defense he produced against that was a semi-decent defense at 66th in S&P + . But they were shit against the run at 88th in rushing defense. 

That pretty much sums up Warren's career at Texas (under Herman and Strong). Produced a few good games against shit defenses and was a no show against any defense that had a pulse. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Warren's best games: 

'15 Baylor (75th in S&P+ defense), '15 Texas Tech (124th in S&P + defense), '16 UTEP  (123rd in S&P+ defense),  '16 California (106th in S&P + defense), '16 Oklahoma State (66th in S&P + defense), '17 San Jose State (117th in S&P + defense). 

Warren didn't have any other games with over 50 yards rushing or multiple touchdowns. Oklahoma State was probably the only defense he produced against that was a semi-decent defense at 66th in S&P + . But they were shit against the run at 88th in rushing defense. 

That pretty much sums up Warren's career at Texas (under Herman and Strong). Produced a few good games against shit defenses and was a no show against any defense that had a pulse. 

Wait, so you’re telling me he didn’t do shit here? 

I keep wondering where these people keep coming up with wonderful memories of things that never happened here. Chris Warren sucked from start to finish with nominal success sprinkled in. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

That's been his NFL career to date, too, if we're being honest. Pre-season Baltimore ain't regular season Baltimore.

I met Corey Chavous, former NFLer and founder of draftnasty.com, at the Texas-Notre Dame game and we started talking about draft stuff. He was hyping Foreman, and I was saying I thought Warren was actually a better NFL RB prospect. He wasn't even on Corey's radar. That was before he got moved. I feel like slightly less of a dumbass now after two preseason games. But it don't really mean squat yet.

Edited by DougO

2 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Porter should never have had carries over Young or Carter. Over Warren, though... your argument just got weaker. Warren sucked here last year, talented or not.

So 3 yards a carry is better then almost 5......   Ok, brilliant, you should be a coach.

• Fuck You 1

30 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

That's been his NFL career to date, too, if we're being honest. Pre-season Baltimore ain't regular season Baltimore.

Yeah, he might be a good NFL RB. Who knows. I doubt it based on his career at Texas. 

I would certainly wait until he produces in a real game. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Almost 5 against who?

If you're impressed by Warren's stat line, you're the dumbass.

For the season jackass....   Impressed by Porters 3 yac over Warren, you sir are obviously the dumbass here......

Edited by Hook1997
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

22 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

For the season jackass....   Impressed by Porters 3 yac over Warren, you sir are obviously the dumbass here......

Season... against nobodies. His best game was Okie State, 80th+ against the run.

Warren ran like a limp dishrag. Blocked even worse. He sucked. If you couldn't see that, you don't know shit about football.