Left Behind: A Quick Dose Of Post Big 12 Reality

LTtxfan

7 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Based on the article I quoted, it appears that ESPN will select the top four games at the beginning of the season and then the two networks will each start picking the next 16 one at a time (8 each).  My guess is that the rest of the games will be selected by the two networks during the season.

Thunder's analysis suggested that Big Fox would have two Big 12 games on most weeks (afternoon and night), and if so, a chunk of those games are going to be outside of the top 20 Big 12 games that season.

When they go to 16, you'll likely see 2 Big 12 games each Saturday on either ABC, Fox or ESPN.    ESPN isn't taking that A package to put them on the Ocho.   I think you'll also see them take over the Pac AfterDark on ESPN and also the Pac's Friday night game, which you're seeing already.  And, while late night and Friday are not noon/afternoon/prime on Saturday, they are a hell of a lot better than ESPN2 or FS1    That should put 2-3 games a week on ESPN2/u/+/FS1

1 hour ago, Texas Wahoo said:

All of that makes sense, but ESPN is getting most of the top Big 12 games, so is Fox really going to be showing two Big 12 games most weeks?

So prior to this year ESPN had the Big Ten, Big 12, PAC12, and ACC on ABC while they could only put the SEC on ESPN due to their CBS exclusive OTA deal.

In 2024 they lose all PAC inventory and they lost all Big Ten inventory this year.

While they will be supplementing those loses with the SEC on ABC now that also pulls what was a staple of ESPN on Saturday and leaves a big hole on ESPN that will have to be filled and that will be filled by the Big 12 which is why they added more games.

For FOX, they got the Big Ten to add Oregon and Washington, but unless they break the exclusive deal with CBS or NBC they can’t add any more games to FOX OTA. It benefits the BTN (which FOX owns) and FS1 but they’ll have to wheel and deal to get exceptions or else the Big 12 will be the biggest beneficiaries.

6 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

For FOX, they got the Big Ten to add Oregon and Washington, but unless they break the exclusive deal with CBS or NBC they can’t add any more games to FOX OTA. It benefits the BTN (which FOX owns) and FS1 but they’ll have to wheel and deal to get exceptions or else the Big 12 will be the biggest beneficiaries.

That is the crazy piece here, Oregon and Washington may end up on After Dark Fox, or FS1 in Prime...a lot.

• Hook 'Em 1

Starting 2024 the Big Ten has exclusive time slots on FOX at noon, CBS afternoon, and NBC prime. All other games will be on BTN, FS1, or Peacock.
The SEC and ACC (minus 1 ACC game a week now on the CW) are full ABC/ESPN with an agreement that ABC afternoon slot will be reserved for the SEC (but not exclusive meaning they could have another game on ESPN at the same time).
The Big 12 is split, however as the Big Ten has an exclusive slot with CBS in that afternoon slot that basically means the Big 12 will own that afternoon window with FOX save for the odd/occasional MWC game.
While it’s hard to predict exactly how the inventory situation will flush out. This seems most likely.
Noon: FOX=B1G, ABC=B12/ACC, ESPN=SEC

Afternoon: CBS=B1G, ABC=SEC, FOX=B12, ESPN=ACC, NBC=ND
Prime: NBC=B1G, ABC=SEC, FOX(after MLB)=B12 (maybe B1G if they can work out a deal with NBC to break the exclusive window), ESPN=SEC
Late: ESPN=B12, FS1=B1G
The Big win here for the Big 12 is FOX. With FOX being locked out of the SEC/ACC and not bidding on the PAC12 and with the Big Ten granting exclusive over the air broadcasting windows to CBS/NBC to get them to play ball the remaining Big 12 programs are going to get a lot air time in that afternoon FOX slot. True it will be opposite of the SEC and Big Ten games of the week plus Notre Dame but that more than the ACC has going for it. Both will have plenty of games on ESPN2/ESPN+ but the Big 12 could theoretically have 3 games OTA while the ACC at most could only have 2 (not including ND home games) which is why I think the Big 12 will be (or already is) clearly the #3 conference.
This may be the most informative post in this entire shitastic thread.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

Irate8/Hateful8 corches will be forced to actually corch for more than *one game against Texas* next year going forward, and ratings pie will shrink more than has been wishcasted.

Look for the Irate8/Hateful8 corching-carousel to go BRRRR after (and/or during) the 2024 season when the shit-corches can't save their hides by beating Texas and face the music.  Lulz.

Dude…we get that Texas/BlowU are big blue blood draws, the monetary value of the conference is taking a hit, and hell I own UT gear / occasionally got to games with friends at DKR / enjoy Texas fans / been to a Surly tailgate / married to a double longhorn.  I’ve really enjoyed the Texas/OSU series last dozen years, win or lose.

But for ever living butt fucking Christ…

image.gif.223d69975c33ee44beb685d80ed88854.gif

Football exists outside UT/SEC.  Let the adults talk, I’m learning shit here from guys like TK…go back to the kids table with your weird cousin over there eating boogers and suspiciously pocketing the canned cranberries.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

dud

23 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Dude…we get that Texas/BlowU are big blue blood draws, the monetary value of the conference is taking a hit, and hell I own UT gear / occasionally got to games with friends at DKR / enjoy Texas fans / been to a Surly tailgate / married to a double longhorn.  I’ve really enjoyed the Texas/OSU series last dozen years, win or lose.

But for ever living butt fucking Christ…

image.gif.223d69975c33ee44beb685d80ed88854.gif

Football exists outside UT/SEC.  Let the adults talk, I’m learning shit here from guys like TK…go back to the kids table with your weird cousin over there eating boogers and suspiciously pocketing the canned cranberries.  

20th-century-fox-spoof-go-fuck-yourself.gif.652c1fe32f93edd1902738f26158e3e5.gif

YOU go fuck yourself, Junior!

14 hours ago, 'stache said:

I think OU is very beatable but there's too much emotional baggage involved. I'll never predict us to win that game or to even play well. The rest of the schedule should be winnable if we can take care of WVU on the road this week. 

It always seems like OU plays one of their best games of the year against OSU. Even last year when OU was awful, they still found a way to beat OSU. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that OU usually has rounded into form and worked out most of their kinks by November, when OSU usually plays them. 

Thunder makes a great argument that the B12 will have a place staked out on Fox’ main channel and not be relegated to various FSx or ESPNx cable channels. 

I was looking at this year’s ratings for that slot so far. Last week, Iowa played Wisconsin (yaaaaawn) and 2.34M watched. The week before, UCF played KU, representative of what the B12 will be putting out going fwd, and 1.45M watched (50% more watches the evening ESPN OSU/KSU matchup; interesting the impact of time slots as well as channels). 

The week before, Michigan played Nebraska and 4.48M watched. The week before, UCLA played Utah and 1.32M watched (ouch! For UCLA). The week before, WKU played tOSU and 2.82M watched. The week before, Iowa played ISU and 3.38M watched. In week 1, 3.21M watches Texas host Rice. 

That is a channel and time slot that can deliver good numbers for an interesting matchup. Even unexciting B10 teams get better ratings than typical B12 teams. The challenge for the B12 will be in that ABC and ESPN can counter with more interesting matchups. I expect a heavy dose of Colorado there. 

6 hours ago, z009 said:

It always seems like OU plays one of their best games of the year against OSU. Even last year when OU was awful, they still found a way to beat OSU. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that OU usually has rounded into form and worked out most of their kinks by November, when OSU usually plays them. 

That and their stable of 4/5* players ensure some level of continuity as injuries pile up.  For us (osu), the invested time/resources it takes to find a 3* diamond in the rough (especially OL) means when they go down the next 3* underclassman behind them is going to struggle.  

And time slot absolutely matters.  Some folks like me will check scores to find interrelating games during each tranche of matchups at a particular time.  

WVU/Houston last week was an incredible game, and outside of my investments in combustible couch suppliers, didn’t really have an interest if you’d asked me about it the day before.  

Edited by Homercles

6 hours ago, z009 said:

There's definitely something to this.

I've brought this up when OSU fans bring up how Iowa State or Kansas State has been able to knock off OU more consistently... yeah, because when that's happened it's typically been in early-to-mid October when everyone is still pretty healthy. Teams like OSU/Iowa State/K-State may be able to compete with elite teams with its starters but there's a BIG drop-off when starters start getting injured (see OSU last year).

So by playing OU at the end of the year pretty much every year, we are dealing not only with them "rounding into form" but also the normal attrition of a football season. We are almost always down a few key starters by the time Bedlam rolls around... or like last year basically 3/4 of the starters.

3 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

So by playing OU at the end of the year pretty much every year, we are dealing not only with them "rounding into form" but also the normal attrition of a football season. We are almost always down a few key starters by the time Bedlam rolls around... or like last year basically 3/4 of the starters.

A&M vs LSU and soon Texas...

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952dnqcq8bcx8r5jfsrgp

1 hour ago, statsman said:

Thunder makes a great argument that the B12 will have a place staked out on Fox’ main channel and not be relegated to various FSx or ESPNx cable channels. 

I was looking at this year’s ratings for that slot so far. Last week, Iowa played Wisconsin (yaaaaawn) and 2.34M watched. The week before, UCF played KU, representative of what the B12 will be putting out going fwd, and 1.45M watched (50% more watches the evening ESPN OSU/KSU matchup; interesting the impact of time slots as well as channels). 

The week before, Michigan played Nebraska and 4.48M watched. The week before, UCLA played Utah and 1.32M watched (ouch! For UCLA). The week before, WKU played tOSU and 2.82M watched. The week before, Iowa played ISU and 3.38M watched. In week 1, 3.21M watches Texas host Rice. 

That is a channel and time slot that can deliver good numbers for an interesting matchup. Even unexciting B10 teams get better ratings than typical B12 teams. The challenge for the B12 will be in that ABC and ESPN can counter with more interesting matchups. I expect a heavy dose of Colorado there. 

I mean... yeah those teams are in the league, but I'm not sure they are "representative" of what the Big 12 will be putting forward.

In terms of football brands/interest, both of them are in the bottom third of the league. KU certainly has the chance to improve going forward if they keep it going, but for now they are still at the bottom.  You see that with the OSU/K-State number.  Those two, plus TCU, Baylor, Tech, 4 Corners (especially w/ Coach Prime), WVU and Iowa State are going to consistently draw way more eyeballs than KU/UCF.

3 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I mean... yeah those teams are in the league, but I'm not sure they are "representative" of what the Big 12 will be putting forward.

In terms of football brands/interest, both of them are in the bottom third of the league. KU certainly has the chance to improve going forward if they keep it going, but for now they are still at the bottom.  You see that with the OSU/K-State number.  Those two, plus TCU, Baylor, Tech, 4 Corners (especially w/ Coach Prime), WVU and Iowa State are going to consistently draw way more eyeballs than KU/UCF.

I really don’t see a significant difference in public interest between UCF/KU and (from your list) OSU/KSU (I believe the increased viewership of the latter was more from time slot than raw public interest). Maybe I’m wrong, but I have to think Fox grabbed UCF/KU for a reason. 

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

There's definitely something to this.

I've brought this up when OSU fans bring up how Iowa State or Kansas State has been able to knock off OU more consistently... yeah, because when that's happened it's typically been in early-to-mid October when everyone is still pretty healthy. Teams like OSU/Iowa State/K-State may be able to compete with elite teams with its starters but there's a BIG drop-off when starters start getting injured (see OSU last year).

This is kind of (but also opposite) why I wish we played Iowa at the end of the season.

Campbell acts like non-conference play is a scrimmage and results don’t matter.  If we played Iowa, I think we could score 14-20 points.  Or he’d just shut the offense down and try to out-Ferentz Ferentz like usual.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, statsman said:

I really don’t see a significant difference in public interest between UCF/KU and (from your list) OSU/KSU (I believe the increased viewership of the latter was more from time slot than raw public interest). Maybe I’m wrong, but I have to think Fox grabbed UCF/KU for a reason. 

Well I mean there has been quite a bit of data posted in this very thread over the past several years that shows there's a pretty big difference, adjusted for time slots and networks.

I wouldn't read too much into a particular game selected in one random week.

Edited by oSuJeff97

28 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Well I mean there has been quite a bit of data posted in this very thread over the past several years that shows there's a pretty big difference, adjusted for time slots and networks.

I wouldn't read too much into a particular game selected in one random week.

I’ve rethought this. One problem with the past data on IR8 matchups- before 2024, they have never had to compete for viewers with major local powers, like UT and OU. Maybe they were counter-programmed with LSU or TAMU, and maybe not. 

Next year, every time a B12 game is scheduled for Fox at 3:00, it will have to compete for viewers with games like OU-Arkansas or Texas-Georgia. 

6 minutes ago, statsman said:

I’ve rethought this. One problem with the past data on IR8 matchups- before 2024, they have never had to compete for viewers with major local powers, like UT and OU. Maybe they were counter-programmed with LSU or TAMU, and maybe not. 

Next year, every time a B12 game is scheduled for Fox at 3:00, it will have to compete for viewers with games like OU-Arkansas or Texas-Georgia. 

"Every" time? 

You're telling me that either OU or Texas is going to play in the 2:30 slot every single week? Not noon or 7 p.m. ever?

There have been plenty of times that a Big 12 game has been going on when, say, Texas A&M or Arkansas were playing... or just another "big" SEC or B1G game that draws significant national interest.

Again, the networks are the one writing the checks and I'm pretty sure they have the data and know what they are doing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Every time? Yes. UT, TAMU, OU, and LSU dominate Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana TVs. Their slots will be staggered. That’s not even counting Georgia, Florida and Alabama playing games. 

If you think the SEC 3:30 game, when OSU is playing KSU, is going to be MSU vs. Kentucky…

The B12 media rights owners will have to decide if they want their best games on Saturday afternoon or Friday night. 

Texas wasn’t just the B12 cash cow; it was also a defense against SEC encroachment on and ownership of Texas TVs. And your league office despised it. 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Honestly, I don't really watch much outside Texas and the occasional channel flipping to rival schools.  I don't see myself flipping on a Big12 game to see if everything is still running through Lubbock, or if Holgerson has destroyed another headset, or if OSU has found a way to bribe officials once again.  I might turn to TAMU or Bama in hopes both are losing, but other than that, it's Texas then back to life.

• Drool 1

2 hours ago, statsman said:

All of them compete against each other in all the slots....all the time.    This isn't some new feature at the advent of television.   And its not like all B12 games have been isolated to single, non-competitive slots, even interconference.  The only thing that is going to change for the remaining B12 teams is they'll get more T1 opportunities than today.   For the past 5+ years, the bulk of the B12's T1 games have been Texas, Oklahoma, and whoever is playing them.

The top spots for college football are Prime, Noon and afternoon, in that order.   The slots draw between 9-13m on average in total viewership, spread over the channels.  How many watch is a combination of time, channel (T1 channels will always outperform T2, which outperforms T3, regardless of who is on), brand, competitiveness, and how many other games are on at that time.   Alabama/Georgia won't draw 9m viewers on the SEC Network, but will on ABC, nor will they draw 9m viewers if Georgia beats Bama 54-0, especially if other games are on.    People will flip around when games aren't nail biters.    You need all to work together for the big numbers.

You can also kind of back into the numbers.   If you assume being the apex of all five (Alone on prime time, end of season, 10-0 vs 10-0, playing for something big on the line, coming down to the last play to win it, between two big brands) is 10m viewers, then taking one out gets you to about 80% of that, take out two, 60%.   The only one that is likely more than a fifth is channel, because you could put the two biggest brands on FS1 and it still won't pull 7.5m, not enough homes have it, people hate searching, etc.  So with that in mind, here's how games break down:

• 8m+ = extremely rare, massive brands, with great records, in close games in best spots, top 1% of regular season games.
  • 4m+ = elite content, probably 5-10% of all CFB games
  • 3m+ = extremely good content, this and above is likely 20% of all games.   Usually non-big brands having great games or a Globetrotter playing a General.
  • 2m+ = You did the job if on a T1 channel.   Not awesome, but not terrible, top 30%
  • 1mish = disappointing T1 content, fucktabulicious T2 content, this and below is the bulk of all CFB games, regardless of conference.
  • 500k-1m = standard T2 content
  • <500k = T3 content, fodder.   Games between two bullshittery hapless teams who can't wait for the season to end to put them out of their misery.

Will the B12 still need to compete with the B10, SEC, and ACC for viewers, yes.   Will the new B12 need to compete with the eyeballs of Texas/BlowU in the SEC, yes.   Will they get 2 viewers while Oklahoma/Missouri gets 13m?   Uh, no.   The SEC will have more elite content then the new Big 12, no argument there, that's why they and the B1G are paid more, but that's only 3-4 games a week.   

Depending on if the Buffs PR machine keeps this up, the B12 likely will only see a handful of games ever reach that high elite and rare level.   Maybe 3-4 a year, tops, with one being the CCG.  The B12 could easily live in the 2-4m range of T1 content and the 500k-1m range for T2 without Texas and Oklahoma.   They'll still need to use this opportunity of more windows than before to do well, if they hope to grow their contract in 6 years, but they shouldn't see all their viewers evaporate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hurtlocker said:
  • 8m+ = extremely rare, massive brands, with great records, in close games in best spots, top 1% of regular season games.
  • 4m+ = elite content, probably 5-10% of all CFB games
  • 3m+ = extremely good content, this and above is likely 20% of all games.   Usually non-big brands having great games or a Globetrotter playing a General.
  • 2m+ = You did the job if on a T1 channel.   Not awesome, but not terrible, top 30%
  • 1mish = disappointing T1 content, fucktabulicious T2 content, this and below is the bulk of all CFB games, regardless of conference.
  • 500k-1m = standard T2 content
  • <500k = T3 content, fodder.   Games between two bullshittery hapless teams who can't wait for the season to end to put them out of their misery.

Globetrotters = Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama, Texas, and currently Georgia (this list isn’t fully set in stone) these school can pull 3 million viewers playing Rice, UNLV, WKU, and the like even in an uncompetitive game.

The next level is still really good (some would argue that it’s all the same tier) but the main difference here is that they don’t get the benefit of the doubt when playing the little sisters of the poor so they need someone with a pulse to pull 3 million: Oklahoma, Penn State, USC, LSU, Florida State, Clemson, and Florida.

You can do this for each level down, as we drop down to the next tier you need a better opponent to hit 3 million+.

Obviously this compounds when these top tier teams play each other, even more so when ranked, and same applies to lower tier teams as well when ranked they can move up or down this tier system based on rankings and also what game are available week to week.

Big exception to this is when something like Deion and Colorado come along and break all the rules.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking to see if Rapelor's claimed attendance of near capacity (capacity: 45,140) for last week's IAst game was legit or not.

Rapelor's claimed IAst last week attendance: 43,528 

Source: https://baylorbears.com/sports/football/stats (Game-by-Game >> Results)

I looked for stadium pictures for the game on X, and I couldn't find any.

Instead, I stumbled upon some cyclone-taunts about an empty stadium in the comments about this brouhaha about a punching-out of the glass in the corches' box allegedly by the IAst corches:

Lulz.

So according to the cyclone-taunts in the comments to this pot-stirring, Rapelor had a near-empty stadium for this game, yet claims 43,528 attendance.

I wish I could say I'm surprised about the fake-attendance, but I'm not. 

I also enjoy checking in on this thread every once in awhile to see that Texas fans have, for the most part, left and it's just a bunch of low brow big12 cumstains talking amongst each other. I imagine it is something similar to a group get together in College Station where paw and maw and the fam get together to talk about big bad Texas. Enjoy playing UCF and Houston!

9 hours ago, Zeus said:

Roasted in the comments

Only protected 4 rivalries.

That's sad.

TCU-Baylor is a better rivalry than Farmagedon?

No WVU-Cincy?

Not trying to develop some conference hate with UH for UCF?

How un-imaginative, sterile, NFL D league-lite, shit that this is.

I'm glad we left Conference USA, AAC, Big 12 3.0

• Haha 1

Baylor and TCU as a protected rivalry cracks me up. Yes, there is a long history. There is a ten year period at the beginning of the 20th century where they played 23 times (they were in the same city, Waco). There is almost no history of compelling games. There was almost 20 years where they weren’t in the same conference and Baylor big-timed TCU and wouldn’t hardly schedule them. 

Edited by statsman
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, statsman said:

Baylor and TCU as a protected rivalry cracks me up. Yes, there is a long history. There is a ten year period at the beginning of the 20th century where they played 23 times (they were in the same city, Waco). There is almost no history of compelling games. There was almost 20 years where they weren’t in the same conference and Baylor big-timed TCU and wouldn’t hardly schedule them. 

Each team should have had a protected rivalry.....something along these lines:

Something like this for protected rivalries.

Baylor/TCU
Iowa St/Cincy
Kansas/KSU
Ok St/Colorado
Tech/Houston
WVU/UCF
Arizona/ASU
Utah/BYU

Then you protect games like  KSU/ISU

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

Only protected 4 rivalries. That's sad.TCU-Baylor is a better rivalry than Farmagedon? No WVU-Cincy? Not trying to develop some conference hate with UH for UCF?  How un-imaginative, sterile, NFL D league-lite, shit that this is.

I'm glad we left Conference USA, AAC, Big 12 3.0

As part of the new schedule, the Big 12 is prioritizing four rivalries: Utah-BYU, Baylor-TCU, Arizona-Arizona State and Kansas-Kansas State will play every year. With both Oklahoma and Texas headed to the SEC, the conference is losing its most prominent rivalry and two schools that have multiple rivalries within the Big 12.

Otherwise, teams will play each other either two or three times in this four-year span. While the opponents are official, times and dates of the matchups are still to be determined. 

28 minutes ago, BurntOrange&amp;White said:

Each team should have had a protected rivalry.....something along these lines:

Baylor/TCU
Iowa St/Cincy
Kansas/KSU
Ok St/Colorado
Tech/Houston
WVU/UCF
Arizona/ASU
Utah/BYU

Then you protect games like  KSU/ISU

I'll give this a try...

• Az/AzSt
  • Byu/Utes
  • Buffs/Tech
  • KU/Kstate
  • Toads/UH
  • Ucf/baylor
  • OkieLite/IowaSt
  • Wvu/Cincy
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, MisterP said:

I also enjoy checking in on this thread every once in awhile to see that Texas fans have, for the most part, left and it's just a bunch of low brow big12 cumstains talking amongst each other. I imagine it is something similar to a group get together in College Station where paw and maw and the fam get together to talk about big bad Texas. Enjoy playing UCF and Houston!

Thanks for stopping by!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

I'll give this a try...

• Az/AzSt
  • Byu/Utes
  • Buffs/Tech
  • KU/Kstate
  • Toads/UH
  • Ucf/baylor
  • OkieLite/IowaSt
  • Wvu/Cincy

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

AZ - AZ state

BYU -  Utes

K state - Iowa St

KU - Deon

UH - UCF

TCU - Baylor

Okie Lite - Tech

WVU - Cincy

Would be better with 2 rivals but this is the best set up if you only have 1.

Only ‘rivalry’ missing is the KU / KState but I just don’t see that hateful enough to safe.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

AZ - AZ state

BYU -  Utes

K state - Iowa St

KU - Deon

UH - UCF

TCU - Baylor

Okie Lite - Tech

WVU - Cincy

Only ‘rivalry’ missing is the KU / KState but I just don’t see that hateful enough to safe.

this is too obvious, no idea what yoyo and the ADs are thinking 

2 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

AZ - AZ state

BYU -  Utes

K state - Iowa St

KU - Deon

UH - UCF

TCU - Baylor

Okie Lite - Tech

WVU - Cincy

I’d be good with WVU -UCF since WV recruits Florida. Then UH-Cincy: Urban Renewal Rivalry.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

LOL, there are no real rivalries to preserve in this conference. It only had three rivalries before: TX vs. OU, everyone vs. Texas, and everyone vs OU.

Farmagedden was and is a thing.  As well as TCU / Rapelor.  Tceh vs Twitter was also a pretty active rivalry up until week 2 of the football season.

19 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

So according to the cyclone-taunts in the comments to this pot-stirring, Rapelor had a near-empty stadium for this game, yet claims 43,528 attendance.

I wish I could say I'm surprised about the fake-attendance, but I'm not. 

Sometimes bible aggy is more aggy than bible