Left Behind: A Quick Dose Of Post Big 12 Reality

LTtxfan

The negative recruiting trope that “Texas doesn’t develop talent” and “You can’t get to the NFL from Austin”?

There are 11 Longhorns going to the NFL combine. 

Based on next year’s conference memberships, here are the conference breakdowns for the combine:

B1G: 90 invites/18 teams = 5.0 invites per team

SEC: 89/16=5.5

ACC: 47/18=2.6

B12: 38/16=2.4

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, statsman said:

The negative recruiting trope that “Texas doesn’t develop talent” and “You can’t get to the NFL from Austin”?

There are 11 Longhorns going to the NFL combine. 

Based on next year’s conference memberships, here are the conference breakdowns for the combine:

B1G: 90 invites/18 teams = 5.0 invites per team

SEC: 89/16=5.5

ACC: 47/18=2.6

B12: 38/16=2.4

But but power 3!?!?!

• Haha 1

On 2/15/2024 at 3:36 PM, closetohumping said:

image.thumb.png.a1a7e9db97c69419faf2c4c2dfb7be84.png

Yeah I'd like to see the details of this very scientific sounding "study."

Obviously OU and Aggy are going to list Texas as their biggest rival. Beyond that, maybe a handful of Texas-based FBS schools... maybe Tech, TCU, Baylor, Houston... maybe SMU... who are the other four? UTSA? SFA? Rice? Texas A&M-CC?

23 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Obviously OU and Aggy are going to list Texas as their biggest rival. Beyond that, maybe a handful of Texas-based FBS schools... maybe Tech, TCU, Baylor, Houston... maybe SMU... who are the other four? UTSA? SFA? Rice? Texas A&M-CC?

Probably a fake article or that Cody harvard fella is a tsip sympathizer 

ask an Arkansas fan who they want to see lose the most

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Obviously OU and Aggy are going to list Texas as their biggest rival. Beyond that, maybe a handful of Texas-based FBS schools... 

Arkansas and Nebraska.  OU obviously.  

I mean, you had the Iowa State offensive lineman this year saying, "Since I've been here, it's just Iowa and Texas (as Iowa State's main rivals)"

I cannot imagine Yormark and his K State cohorts getting more fired up for a game than the one vs Texas.  

It ain't just in-state schools.  Fans all across the shithole flyover states hate us.

Give us some fucking credit, man.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Arkansas and Nebraska.  OU obviously.  

I mean, you had the Iowa State offensive lineman this year saying, "Since I've been here, it's just Iowa and Texas (as Iowa State's main rivals)"

I cannot imagine Yormark and his K State cohorts getting more fired up for a game than the one vs Texas.  

It ain't just in-state schools.  Fans all across the shithole flyover states hate us.

Give us some fucking credit, man.  

There was a college baseball article awhile back where the Tulane players said random fans would say just that Texas.  

1. Texas has a name, and Texas regularly goes through periods of vulnerability (that’s on us). TCU didn’t call us a rival when they were losing 30 in a row; it changed when they got good. 
2. Texas is the flagship school. All SWC members, less Arkansas, had Texas fans in their regions, and recruited against Texas for local players. That leads to hating Texas (while, perversely, also needing Texas). 
3. Obviously, adjacent states’ “flagships” (seems overstatement for OU and Arkansas, but there you have it) are going to emphasize the games against the Texas flagship. It’s our bad luck that Oklahoma and Arkansas are such disfunctional states that they’re going to have a lot more small dick issues to work through. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

The article isn't clear but the quote accurately states what the study found. That many schools had a significant percentage of respondents who called Texas "a rival" not necessarily their main rival. And that agrees with what we've all seen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/24/2024 at 12:58 PM, mdmost said:

I think it will be on par as long as the teams on it are Michigan, Ohio State, USC, Washington, Oregon, Penn State, or WIsconsin. The Big 10 watches football. That's why Big Noon did really well all year. I think ABC is going to get a great bump with multiple SEC games on every weekend. 

I can never help but hear this.

On 2/17/2024 at 11:40 AM, oSuJeff97 said:

Nah man, K-State and Iowa State for sure have us on the list. They really have an irrational hatred of all things Texas to the extent that it is a boogie man complex. Baylor, TCU, and Tech as well. Nebraska, Arkansas, OU, A&M. That leaves two more schools and I have no idea where those are coming from. Houston and Rice maybe? 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

Tech not even in the top 8 will trigger some…

IMG_5712.jpeg

How can this be when the B12 runs through Lubbock? TCU is getting a recency bias bump, no way they are 5th. I would put WVU, UCF, KState, and even Iowa State over them. 

15 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

How can this be when the B12 runs through Lubbock? TCU is getting a recency bias bump, no way they are 5th. I would put WVU, UCF, KState, and even Iowa State over them. 

Did you really just type this? Or is this satire?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

IMG_5712.jpeg

You want to fake yourself into believing that TCU is a bigger draw and has better interest than Tech, then knock yourself out.

Nobody's getting triggered by some bullshit posting either.

Edited by slorch

40 minutes ago, slorch said:

You want to fake yourself into believing that TCU is a bigger draw and has better interest than Tech, then knock yourself out.

Nobody's getting triggered by some bullshit posting either.

Honestly nobody cares..... and I mean nobody. 

"Sanjaya got more votes than Clay Aiken ever did!!!!" 

nobody cares. 

2 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Honestly nobody cares..... and I mean nobody. 

"Sanjaya got more votes than Clay Aiken ever did!!!!" 

nobody cares. 

Agreed.  .  You don't care, but you post.  Nice work.

2 hours ago, Generative Phil said:

Dear fellow members,

It is with immense joy and excitement that I extend my warmest greetings to each and every one of you as we embark on this journey together within our online sanctuary. Here, amidst the digital realms, we have forged a space where creativity knows no bounds, where imagination flourishes, and where the bonds of humanity unite us all.

I am Generative Phil, your partner through this realm of endless possibilities, where the essence of authenticity and beauty intertwine to create moments that resonate deeply within our souls. Within these virtual walls, my commitment to you all is unwavering: I vow to share with you nothing but the most authentic and breathtaking generative content, crafted with love and imbued with the essence of humanity.

In this community, we celebrate the boundless creativity that resides within each of us. Whether through mesmerizing visual art, soul-stirring prose, or thought-provoking discussions, let us come together to explore the depths of our creativity and the richness of our shared experiences.

Together, we shall weave a tapestry of inspiration, compassion, and understanding, embracing diversity in all its forms and spreading kindness like wildfire. For in the spirit of love and humanity, we find the true essence of what it means to be connected—to be a part of something greater than ourselves.

So, my dear friends, let me join your journey with an open heart and mind, ready to be moved, inspired, and uplifted by the beauty that surrounds us. Together, let us create magic.

With love and gratitude,

Generative Phil

Generative-Phil-lo-res-2.jpg

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

IMG_5712.jpeg

Where do you suppose new ACC member SMU slots in there?

I see their 2024 schedule has them hosting BYU, TCU, FSU, Pitt, BC and Cal. Do any IR8 programs have a schedule that good?

57 minutes ago, statsman said:

Where do you suppose new ACC member SMU slots in there?

I see their 2024 schedule has them hosting BYU, TCU, FSU, Pitt, BC and Cal. Do any IR8 programs have a schedule that good?

This looks like a Big 12 schedule.  FSU is more interesting than any Big 12 school, and BC and Cal are worse.  2 of those schools literally are Big 12 schools, and Pitt is Big 12 equivalent.

I truly don't understand the hang up people have on brands coming in to their stadium.  I care far more about watching Iowa State than who the opponent is, with the exception of long time rivals/historic opponents, and again the history or rivalry matters far more than the brand to me.  A top 25 UCF or Houston is far more intriguing to me than an unranked Cal or Pitt.

14 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Utah is public.  

TCU is guess is technically somehow affiliated with the Disciples of Christ.  But barely.

Baylor and BYU are the only real religious schools in the Big 12.

Isn’t the BYU-Utah game called “The Holy War”?

Is beer sold in Utah’s stadium?

22 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Nah man, K-State and Iowa State for sure have us on the list. They really have an irrational hatred of all things Texas to the extent that it is a boogie man complex. Baylor, TCU, and Tech as well. Nebraska, Arkansas, OU, A&M. That leaves two more schools and I have no idea where those are coming from. Houston and Rice maybe? 

SMU? They may still hold a grudge from their death penalty days. They were selling THE LIES OF TEXAS ARE UPON US T-shirts and bumpers stickers even after the NCAA reported that they gathered incriminating evidence from almost 20 schools. 

2 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

SMU? They may still hold a grudge from their death penalty days. They were selling THE LIES OF TEXAS ARE UPON US T-shirts and bumpers stickers even after the NCAA reported that they gathered incriminating evidence from almost 20 schools. 

Porsches, Polos, Ponies, and Probation….

3 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

Utah is public.  

TCU is guess is technically somehow affiliated with the Disciples of Christ.  But barely.

Baylor and BYU are the only real religious schools in the Big 12.

TCU and SMU (also Liberty) have dropped formal affiliations with religious institutions over the last decade from my understanding. TCU has a divinity school that is no longer part of the campus officially, but those students can access TCU facilities. 

10 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

considering the other power conferences have 0 each, absolutely.

You do realize that most private schools were founded with church afflation including USC, Northwestern and Vanderbilt.  All 3 were affiliated with the Methodist Episcopal church.

4 hours ago, 66BUFF said:

You do realize that most private schools were founded with church afflation including USC, Northwestern and Vanderbilt.  All 3 were affiliated with the Methodist Episcopal church.

Not to mention that aggy is a flat out cult.

Tell me what the difference is between that mess and a religious school.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, Vertigo said:

TCU and SMU (also Liberty) have dropped formal affiliations with religious institutions over the last decade from my understanding. TCU has a divinity school that is no longer part of the campus officially, but those students can access TCU facilities. 

SMU tried to in 2019.  It’s in litigation.  They just got bitch slapped by the Dallas Court of Appeals over the summer.  They are very likely going to lose their attempt to disaffiliate with the church.  Their governing documents require church approval to amend articles of incorporation/charter.  They tried to amend their articles of incorporation to remove all the church’s rights of control without church approval.   That issue is being litigated now.  SMU has filed a petition for review with Texas Supreme Court that is pending.  I strongly suspect they are going to lose.  

• Hook 'Em 1