Left Behind: A Quick Dose Of Post Big 12 Reality

LTtxfan

31 minutes ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

I'm actually really enjoying this. The tit suckers that offer very little yet benefit majorly from who they're affiliated with are getting kicked to the curb and I love it. Way overdue. The days of collecting $$$ and being canon fodder are quickly coming to an end. 

Not so fast, my friend. aggy is still in the SEC.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Steelers Roll Left said:

Honestly, I have no doubt that the Big XII might “try” such an aggressive move, but my money would be on The PAC 12 poaching The a big XII, perhaps Okie Lite or BYU

If there are no more defections from the Pac then that's the probable play, but if there are more gone then the B12 looks better with more eyeballs week in and week out.

43 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

If there are no more defections from the Pac then that's the probable play, but if there are more gone then the B12 looks better with more eyeballs week in and week out.

Even with no more defections the B12 looks better with more eyeballs.  The Pac12 has been hemorrhaging money and viewers for the past decade.  

Edited by FartingDreamer
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

The most likely outcome of today’s news is an NCAA conference will be held between school presidents and a new structure developed where schools are in different conferences for different sports. Vandy should be in the SEC for baseball, but not football. Kansas in a major conference for MBB but not some other sports, etc. Conferences were established along geographic considerations. Now the sports programs will find a new structure based on economics.

I'm actually really enjoying this. The tit suckers that offer very little yet benefit majorly from who they're affiliated with are getting kicked to the curb and I love it. Way overdue. The days of collecting $$$ and being canon fodder are quickly coming to an end. 
Yeah there's none of those in the Big 10 or SEC. Nailed it.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Okie State said:
2 hours ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Yeah there's none of those in the Big 10 or SEC. Nailed it.

Maybe y'all shouldn't have tried to act like jilted cunts in everything. Will be nice to be aligned with schools that don't form their existence to upset Texas and Oklahoma but by putting skins on the wall in their own path. 

Edited by RoyalBevo21
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Honestly, I have no doubt that the Big XII might “try” such an aggressive move, but my money would be on The PAC 12 poaching The a big XII, perhaps Okie Lite or BYU

That would be funny.  That  would mean the PAC finally stood up and told Stanford to shut the fuck up and shove their holier than thou up their ass.  Stanford has fucked over the PAC more than once when it comes to expansion. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Hard to tell considering the t-shirts made, Instagram rally cries, white out/black out games Texas seems to play so often on the road. 

Big 12 offices and teams after killing their golden goose. 

Steve Urkel Oops GIF

• Haha 2

Maybe y'all shouldn't have tried to act like jilted cunts in everything. Will be nice to be aligned with schools that don't form their existence to upset Texas and Oklahoma but by putting skins on the wall in their own path. 
Has nothing to do with what you said. I'm ready for all of this to be settled. Whatever happens to us happens. College football is fucked regardless, but congrats on the money I guess?
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Okie State said:
42 minutes ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Has nothing to do with what you said. I'm ready for all of this to be settled. Whatever happens to us happens. College football is fucked regardless, but congrats on the money I guess?

haters gonna hate GIF

• Haha 1

There's only 2 teams in the entire SEC that don't belong at the big boy table in football: Mississippi State and Vanderbilt

That's a really strong conference. And MSU is at least competitive and packs their stadium.

B1G definitely needs some purging: 

- Indiana and Purdue with small fanbases in the same state as Notre Dame

- Illinois and Northwestern with small fanbases in the same state.

Rutgers and Maryland are borderline but do bring recruiting territory, new geography to play games and some potential.

Not to mention many of the B1G programs that carry their own weight aren't a real threat to beat tOSU and other national powers. USC definitely is much needed in the B1G. They need to add Oregon and ND.

B1G needs to purge anywhere from 2 to 4 teams and remain selective with any additions.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Okie State said:
1 hour ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

You say congrats on the money as your school holds Texas and Oklahoma hostage for $160 million as if the two haven't propped up Oklahoma A&M with money enough as it is.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

When has Oklahoma State ever form their existence around beating us? WTF are you talking about?

And is being excited about beating in-state rivals now a bad thing for fucking college football? I thought that was the whole fucking point?

I guess it is too much like College Football and not enough like the NFL for some of you.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

When has Oklahoma State ever form their existence around beating us? WTF are you talking about?

And is being excited about beating in-state rivals now a bad thing for fucking college football? I thought that was the whole fucking point?

I guess it is too much like College Football and not enough like the NFL for some of you.

Reading is fundamental, it says Texas and OKLAHOMA...... They have a trophy and name for a game they've won 16% of the games in. 

Lol this was just posted yesterday...

https://twitter.com/CowboyFB/status/1542281767125716992?t=FnzHHN8HC6fU0JYM7qqN1A&s=19

And it's one thing to want to beat a rival. It's another to make it the premise of your existence. 

Edited by RoyalBevo21
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 6/29/2022 at 9:20 PM, LTtxfan said:

Looks like a good hire.  Found this in an article...

4. An innovative mind

While working with NASCAR, Yormark was named to Crain's "40 Under 40" list, an accomplishment he'd achieve again years later. Yormark also earned recognition from the Sports Business Journal, who named him to their "Forty Under 40" list three times, an award he shares with his brother.

He was instrumental in securing TV rights contracts with networks while at NASCAR and the Nets. NASCAR closed a $2.4 billion deal with Fox/NBC to televise its races with Yormark's help.

The Big 12's current media rights expire with FOX and ESPN in 2025, with negotiations for a renewal expected to begin in 2023.

"Brett is a talented and innovative executive who brings a remarkably unique perspective to the position," said Eric Shanks, the CEO and executive producer of Fox Sports in a statement. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/five-things-know-brett-yormark-191909423.html

As innovative as a tennis mogul?

You say congrats on the money as your school holds Texas and Oklahoma hostage for $160 million as if the two haven't propped up Oklahoma A&M with money enough as it is.
Well I actually have nothing to do with any of it, but why the fuck should you not be held to the agreement you agreed to? I'm sure Texas would just roll over and get fucked if they were on the other side right?

None of that is even relevant. You think what's coming will be better, but it won't be. It only gets worse from here.

And I couldn't give two shits if we ever play OU in any sport ever again. Fuck them.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Well today was a good day for oSu either way so I'm not sure where the argument is coming from. 

1.) Big 12 is bolstered with a weaker new Pac10 if nobody changes allegiances between the two

Or

2.) Big 12 pulls some decent names from remaining Pac schools like Arizona, ASU, CU, and Utah which strengthens the B12.

Or

3.) Pac10 adds a couple/few from B12 and oSu would certainly be one of the top 2 or 3 choices there.

33 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

The idea of the Pac 12 pulling Big 12 schools is insane. The Pac 12 WITH the LA schools was looking at a similar pay day to the new Big 12.

Autzen Stadium holds 7K fewer people than Jack Trice.

You have a good point, but this isn't a good measuring stick. Oregon deliberately keeps their seat capacity lower in order to create hype for the tickets and make sure the stadium is usually full for cupcake games. They could draw way more fans, especially for big games, if they wanted to go all out. Quality over quantity, the complete opposite of the norm at the college level. They probably have the nicest college football stadium in America.

8 hours ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Missouri, Mississippi State, Vandy, South Carolina, Rutgers, Indiana, Illinois, Northwestern and company would like to say hi.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

There's only 2 teams in the entire SEC that don't belong at the big boy table in football: Mississippi State and Vanderbilt

That's a really strong conference. And MSU is at least competitive and packs their stadium.

Rutgers and Maryland are borderline but do bring recruiting territory, new geography to play games and some potential.

Not to mention many of the B1G programs that carry their own weight aren't a real threat to beat tOSU and other national powers. USC definitely is much needed in the B1G. They need to add Oregon and ND.

B1G needs to purge anywhere from 2 to 4 teams and remain selective with any additions.

This is a clown take (and didn't you already post it).  B1G isn't purging anyone, much less three of its founding members or another that's been a member for 123 years.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

You must have forgotten that Missouri is in the SEC. No big deal. It happens to everyone.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Wade said:

This is a clown take (and didn't you already post it).  B1G isn't purging anyone, much less three of its founding members or another that's been a member for 123 years.

Thanks for telling me what a badass you are, Wade! Everyone look at fucking Wade here.

I'm not talking about right now, genius. I'm talking about in the future. There's going to be more consolidation at some point down the line. People used to call me a clown when I said there would be this much conference realignment. You may want to look in the mirror, if ya want to see the fucking clown, Wade.

1 minute ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

You must have forgotten that Missouri is in the SEC. No big deal. It happens to everyone.

Missouri doesn't bring much on the field, but they bring enough fans to cover their entry fee. Barely, but it works. The bar actually isn't very high to get an invite. There's just a lot of deadweight out there.

1 minute ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

Thanks for telling me what a badass you are, Wade! Everyone look at fucking Wade here.

I'm not talking about right now, genius. I'm talking about in the future. There's going to be more consolidation at some point down the line. People used to call me a clown when I said there would be this much conference realignment. You may want to look in the mirror, if ya want to see the fucking clown, Wade.

You've always been an angry drunk, Steve. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wade said:

You've always been an angry drunk, Steve. 

Good response. You're okay in my book. 

But there's going to be a lot more consolidation and probably a separation by the big schools at some point. I'm not referring to this round of realignment.

Take note, there's been plenty of schools kicked out of conferences since the beginning of time. PAC has been through it on multiple occasions and that's an old conference with a lot of history. 

Do you think these programs are going to continue to share $100,000,000 to $200,000,000 per school? They are going to look around and start wondering why some of these schools that bring nothing to the table are still collecting these fat checks. In fact, they're privately already doing that. It's just a matter of time.

You have a good point, but this isn't a good measuring stick. Oregon deliberately keeps their seat capacity lower in order to create hype for the tickets and make sure the stadium is usually full for cupcake games. They could draw way more fans, especially for big games, if they wanted to go all out. Quality over quantity, the complete opposite of the norm at the college level. They probably have the nicest college football stadium in America.

I’m just saying they aren’t anywhere near the current media opportunity the LA schools are, and that’s why they weren’t invited yesterday.

10 hours ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

Might need to check your work there … I think you just defended Rutgers.  

6 hours ago, Wade said:

Yeah. Northwestern is actually key to the Big 10 because the majority of Big 10 grads end up in Chicago.  Northwestern home games are a huge opportunity for other school Alumni to catch a game each year.  I have friends who both went to Purdue and live on the North Shore and they make the NW-Purdue game reliably every year.  

If I had to guess, the Oregon and UW presidents are frantically calling each other and the Big 10 to get a landing place. Both are AAU and seem a natural fit.  

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Yeah. Northwestern is actually key to the Big 10 because the majority of Big 10 grads end up in Chicago.  Northwestern home games are a huge opportunity for other school Alumni to catch a game each year.  I have friends who both went to Purdue and live on the North Shore and they make the NW-Purdue game reliably every year.  

Lazy bums, it's only 2 hours from Chicago to West Lafayette. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Oregon and Washington are either going to join an amazing new conference or become completely irrelevant like Colorado…

For the fans, that’s gotta feel like the Menendez brothers waiting for the jury to come back from deliberations at their murder trial - you’re either going to be rich, free, and banging 10’s on your yacht full of cash for the rest of your life, or in prison making license plates, hoping to not get shanked or raped in the shower.

• Like 1

I assume Oregon and Washington will get invites to the B1G. If not, I wonder if the PAC sticks together while giving those two unequal shares. Less media money but split more ways and with unequal shares... maaaaaaaybe holds them together? Who the fuck knows. Maybe Oregon to SEC is next. 

42 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yormark coming to the B-12 calls to mind former US Senator Ralph Yarbrough's quip when John Connolly became a Republican:

"It's the first time in recorded history that a rat has swum toward a sinking ship."

The jury's still out on the "rat" characterization, but I'm solid sure about the "sinking ship" part.

• Haha 1