Fentanyl laced Oxy, Valium, and Xanax

crash_davis

20 hours ago, Bevo said:

The directions that someone copied on this thread said at least 10mg.

You seem like you know what you are talking about. How do drunk and high amateurs at a bar break-off or cut 10mg off a 30mg tab without the pill crumbling?

Having a reversal agent at the bar seems very useful. Naloxone is pretty damn safe.

By no means am I an expert, but I do have more information than most.  Best friend from college is pretty high up with US Customs and Border Patrol.  His brother, who I know very well, is a DEA agent.  And my closest friend in AZ, where I live, is a surgeon who deals with the head aches of spending a third of his time with people wanting more pain pills.  Our government, no cr, has tried to fix the problem by making it more difficult to prescribe and fill opioid scripts.  Good in theory, bad in execution.  The end result is good people who were prescribed pain meds for legit reasons get addicted and then turn to the streets when they can’t get scripts anymore.  The addict who is dope sick isn’t going to scrutinize the pills they bought from whomever.  They are going to take them so they don’t get dope sick.  Many will OD, a lot will die.  It’s fucking tragic.  As far as the kids go…it’s not the kids of the parents on this thread that I’m worried about.  We are aware and communicate with our kids and are teaching them things that I’m glad that our parents never had to teach us.  It’s the friends of our kids, whose single mother works 3 jobs, that I’m worried about.  The reality is that counterfeit pills are easy to spot if you know what you’re looking for.  We should be educating our kids starting in middle school.  Assemblies with DEA agents and survivors telling their loved ones stories who weren’t lucky enough to survive a stupid experiment.  Showing them how to distinguish a counterfeit pill from a real one without needing a test strip.  This would be a good start and I’m open to other ideas if anyone has one.  Basically scare the shit out of them, so they know how bad we are scared for them.  It might not help the desperate, unfortunate people who have gotten addicted, and turned to the streets for a fix, but it could help our children or the friends of our children to think twice before taking a random pill.  And giving out free Percocet to anyone who wants one isn’t a realistic option either, but better free access to medical detox might help with those who got unintentionally addicted.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

We managed to ignore Lobo’s bait on that question for multiple days and now you two just sentenced me to a long scroll through his next loquacious response showing how much he knows and making a dumb Frank Stallone joke when frankly that joke wasn’t even that funny when the great Norm McDonald was making it.

No long response.  You got it.  Drugs are bad, mmmmkay?  Only time I worry about you is when you quit bitching.  Sorry about your mom.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, I know.  Just can't sleep these days.  And don't wanna take away Surly Bevo's thunder.  He needs cuddling.  We all do. 

The drug logistics network is real.  Got a look under the hood awhile back and the "back-the-blue" cohort would be fucking shocked.  I suppose it's like how we know there's aliens.  The reality would just crush too many souls.  

We need to address the demand as well as the supply. Why do so many of our kids want to get so fucked up? Why do they want to experiment now, today, knowing that one little slip could kill them? Yes, teens think they are immortal and do stupid shit but this is different -- they see the consequences all the time and yet continue to tempt fate. Any more than that would veer deep into CR so I will avoid it here, but we have a generation of affluent kids in genuine despair and we need to figure out why and how to alleviate that.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 3:49 PM, crash_davis said:

The leading cause of death for Americans between 18 and 45 is fentanyl overdoses.

@Kyrie Eleison

Was on this idea a long while ago. We're so damn nearsighted in this country we can't imagine anyone else on the planet has a problem with opioid addiction and we're absolutely certain that what we're doing is the best option.

Not so much. 

"A decade later, the number of addicts was halved and overdose deaths had dropped to just 30 a year for the entire country. The number has remained steady ever since.

Europe’s drug-monitoring agency says Portugal’s mortality rate from drugs is now more than four times lower than the European average.

Goulao says 90 per cent of public money spent fighting drugs in Portugal is channeled toward those health-care goals — just 10 per cent is spent on police enforcement."

https://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/portugal-heroin-decriminalization 

We have had enough time to see the long term results of decriminalization in Portugal. But, it's not going to be a popular plan. In fact it's going to be so unpopular that nobody will suggest it much less implement it. Look at the recent efforts of political entities to override the vote to decrim weed. You think that we can take the puritanical streak of punishment out of recreational behavior? There is a large segment of the population that will not accept anything except punitive damages to offenders. Rehab is optional and unfunded. Well, unless you happen to catch a break and it's court mandated. 

We have our own survivors of the poppy here. It's not my place to tell their stories. I tagged Kyrie in because in times past he has openly advocated for a Portugal option.

Some people will definitely die because they just want to get fucked up. It doesn't have to be this way, but I don't think we have the political will to do otherwise.

We have chosen the path of punishment.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

16 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

We managed to ignore Lobo’s bait on that question for multiple days and now you two just sentenced me to a long scroll through his next loquacious response showing how much he knows and making a dumb Frank Stallone joke when frankly that joke wasn’t even that funny when the great Norm McDonald was making it.

Where's my loquacious response?  I mean, you're the smartest guy on your bus. Be pithy.  Be a hero for once in your goddamn life.  Have some rep, you seem like you could use a win IRL.  Hugs  ;)  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Fuck You 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/3-central-texans-charged-in-connection-with-deadly-fentanyl-laced-overdose/

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Three Central Texans were indicted by a federal grand jury in Austin on five counts related to fentanyl distribution resulting in death and serious bodily injury.

According to the U.S. Department of Justice, a man and two women were accused of possessing and selling counterfeit oxycodone and other fake prescription pills with traceable amounts of fentanyl, leading to the death of at least one person.

The DOJ said David Lee Jr., 45, and Virginia Zepeda, 43, of Austin, along with Jackie Lynne Chester, 36, of Taylor, have each made their initial court appearances.

Lee was charged with one count of conspiracy to distribute fentanyl, one count of distribution of fentanyl causing death and serious bodily injury and three counts of possession with intent to distribute and distribution of fentanyl. Zepeda and Chester were each charged with one count of conspiracy to distribute fentanyl.

If convicted, Lee faces up to 20 years in prison on the conspiracy charge, 20 years to life imprisonment on the distribution causing death charge and 40 years imprisonment on each of the three possession charges. He pleaded not guilty to all charges on Jan. 11, 2023. Zepeda and Chestereach face a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison.

Zepeda and Chester are each charged with one count of conspiracy to distribute fentanyl. If
convicted, they each face a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison.

• 2 weeks later...

Fentanyl Question - you read about a bust and then see this statement - it was fentanyl to kill xxxx billions of people !!! 

who the fuck is using all this fentanyl ? 

how long does a hit last ? 

If one bust is bringing in enough to kill off 5 times the us, where is all this fentanyl going ? 

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Fentanyl Question - you read about a bust and then see this statement - it was fentanyl to kill xxxx billions of people !!! 

If one bust is bringing in enough to kill off 5 times the us, where is all this fentanyl going ? 

No one is using the fentanyl directly. It's being cut in with with fake drugs being produced by the cartels. Again no one knows why the cartels are putting fentanyl in Oxy and other fake drugs. Could be on purpose, could be it's a cheap high and they aren't exactly precise on the amount they put in.

Just teeny tiny small amount will kill you.

sd-me-overdose-warning-20180914

No one is using the fentanyl directly. It's being cut in with with fake drugs being produced by the cartels. Again no one knows why the cartels are putting fentanyl in Oxy and other fake drugs. Could be on purpose, could be it's a cheap high and they aren't exactly precise on the amount they put in.
Just teeny tiny small amount will kill you.

sd-me-overdose-warning-20180914

Everyone but evidently you knows exactly why they are using it. They’re not “adding it to drug X”; they’re making fake (insert drug here) and using fentanyl as the agent to elicit the desired effect because it is infinitely cheaper and easier to obtain than the real thing. The problem is they’re not real pharmacists and aren’t controlling how much they’re adding to their batches. They also don’t properly mix the batch before producing the pills, so on top of over-dosing the batch it isn’t evenly distributed as well.

Everyone but evidently you knows exactly why they are using it. They’re not “adding it to drug X”; they’re making fake (insert drug here) and using fentanyl as the agent to elicit the desired effect because it is infinitely cheaper and easier to obtain than the real thing. The problem is they’re not real pharmacists and aren’t controlling how much they’re adding to their batches. They also don’t properly mix the batch before producing the pills, so on top of over-dosing the batch it isn’t evenly distributed as well.

Plus they are buying it from black market factories in China.

QC issues all the way down the line with the most lethal poison imaginable. No one gives a fuck.

7 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Understood but why are they adding fentanyl to Adderall, which makes no fucking sense since no one takes Adderall for a cheap high? Riddle me that, Mr Cartel?

Edited by crash_davis

Duration of action for Fentanyl is 2-3 hours depending on the person.

Standard dose of Fentanyl Citrate is 100-200 mcg with a max dose of 300, maybe 400mcg in certain circumstances but 400mcg would be dangerously close to respiratory depression level dosage. There are 1000 micrograms in 1 milligram. There are 1000 milligrams in 1 gram. There are 450 grams in one pound. So in one milligram there is enough to kill two people. You can do the math on the rest.

Understood but why are they adding fentanyl to Adderall, which makes no fucking sense since no one takes Adderall for a cheap high? Riddle me that, Mr Cartel?

You think they have a sterile processing facility with zero chance of cross contamination? Or do you think it’s made all Willy nilly in the same place using the same equipment, with zero attention given to important details?
  • Hook 'Em 1

See above. They don’t give a fuck what kind of high you get. They aren’t adding to adderal. They are making a pill that looks like adderall, but is full of 99% filler and 1% fentanyl. They are making it look like adderall so so they can sell to people who want adderall, since those people might not buy fake heroin or meth or oxy or whatever.

Re-read the part about they don’t give a fuck. The ain’t no Walter white in the cartel.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Fentanl is used intentionally or otherwise by opiod addicts. It's a powerful pain killer and cheaper and stronger that heroin. As tolerance goes up, addicts need stronger doses A common opiod progression is oxy to heroin then fent. Highly addicted people may actually prefer fent because it's cheap and powerful.

I doubt it's intentionally placed in Adderall as its not similar at all in effect and someone with zero opiod tolerance wouldn't handle it well. You don't want to kill the customer. It is intentionally mixed in a lot of opiod pills because it's cheap. It also unintentionally ends up in all sorts of black market pills outside of opiods through shitty production standards and, because it's so strong, the mistakes of a little spillage can be lethal.

29 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Fentanl is used intentionally or otherwise by opiod addicts. It's a powerful pain killer and cheaper and stronger that heroin. As tolerance goes up, addicts need stronger doses A common opiod progression is oxy to heroin then fent. Highly addicted people may actually prefer fent because it's cheap and powerful.

I doubt it's intentionally placed in Adderall as its not similar at all in effect and someone with zero opiod tolerance wouldn't handle it well. You don't want to kill the customer. It is intentionally mixed in a lot of opiod pills because it's cheap. It also unintentionally ends up in all sorts of black market pills outside of opiods through shitty production standards and, because it's so strong, the mistakes of a little spillage can be lethal.

There was an article I believe in the LA Times but it may have been one of the other large news sources about the pharmacies in northern Mexico that cater to the tourist medical trade. They tested a bunch of pills that people routinely cross the border to buy and a lot of them contained fentanyl while some of the Adderall pills were comprised of meth IIRC.

Looked for it, it was the Times.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2023-02-02/mexico-pharmacy-fentanyl-laced-pills-meth

Nowadays, however, it’s no longer a secret. Fentanyl dominates the drug supply on the West Coast, and increasingly across the country. Powdered fentanyl, along with methamphetamine, are about all you can find here on Wall Street, said Meakin; and even the methamphetamine is likely to be cut with fentanyl.

As for the blues, they’re still out there, but they are fooling fewer and fewer people.

“People are consuming them with full knowledge they are fentanyl, not oxycontin,” said Emanuel Sferios, founder of DanceSafe, who has closely tracked the opioid epidemic, referring to the time-release version of oxycodone. “Many -- if not most -- illicit opioid users these days know they're consuming fentanyl.”

So evolved is the market that fentanyl has finally developed a nickname, at least in Southern California: “Fetty.”

“Fetty is like another name for fentanyl,” said Mary Schafer, a former user based in San Diego. “No one really says ‘fentanyl.’ ‘You got fetty?’ It doesn't sound so bad when you say it in public.”

Mexican organized crime groups may have noted the change. They are now churning out multi-colored “rainbow” M30 pills, which are showing up in drug busts around the country. It’s unlikely many users believe the rainbow pills are a legitimate pharmaceutical product and the DEA says it is a cunning way to attract younger users.

The nickname also demonstrates that many American users, perhaps the majority, now realize when they’re consuming illicit fentanyl. Up until now, the fentanyl crisis was largely characterized by users being unaware that fentanyl was adulterating drugs like heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine, and counterfeit pills.

Fentanyl is still adulterating those drugs, but for the first time, most American users seem to realize it, particularly when it comes to opioids like heroin and pills like oxycodone.

“I’m sure it’s more now -- people who know they’re taking fentanyl -- than it was before,” said Steve Campman, chief medical examiner for San Diego County.

https://insightcrime.org/news/deception-demand-us-fentanyl-users/

• Hook 'Em 1

There was an article I believe in the LA Times but it may have been one of the other large news sources about the pharmacies in northern Mexico that cater to the tourist medical trade. They tested a bunch of pills that people routinely cross the border to buy and a lot of them contained fentanyl while some of the Adderall pills were comprised of meth IIRC.
Looked for it, it was the Times.
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2023-02-02/mexico-pharmacy-fentanyl-laced-pills-meth
That makes sense as meth works a bit like Adderal. And meth is horrible for brain chemistry very quickly. So one batch of fake Adderall and your brain is pretty fucked up. I wasn't implying that you can't get Fent in Adderall also btw. But this enriches the convo. A lot of kids buy Adderall to study etc, when it comes of the streets kids die. Meth, bad dosing, fent contamination- it's all super dangerous.

Bottom line any non prescribed pill or untested street drug is a horrible idea not unlike Russian roulette. We need large scale free testing at a minimum. Shit is scary. It's not going away.

Was reading about the Carrollton student deaths and somehow got down a rabbit hole and read about the Han Gil Hotel. Wow. 

Raise your kids right and hope for the best.

https://www.dallasreports.com/4-things-to-know-about-northwest-dallas-notorious-han-gil-hotel/

Edited by HamsterHookah
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

In January, federal drug agents and Carrollton police began looking into medical emergencies with evidence of fentanyl overdoses. They traced each one to a Carrollton house on Highland Drive just blocks from R.L. Turner High School, court records show. There, federal authorities say, juvenile dealers as young as 14 picked up drugs to sell to classmates.

• Rage+1 1

On 2/15/2023 at 3:40 PM, HamsterHookah said:

In January, federal drug agents and Carrollton police began looking into medical emergencies with evidence of fentanyl overdoses. They traced each one to a Carrollton house on Highland Drive just blocks from R.L. Turner High School, court records show. There, federal authorities say, juvenile dealers as young as 14 picked up drugs to sell to classmates.

Did you ever go to middle school? I knew kids that were dealing weed, coke, and xans at 13. 14 is nothing. 

I tend to forget how long it has been now, but when I was in school, RLT and Newman Smith, the Carrollton schools, were pretty solidly middle class and while the neighborhoods may not have been super-fancy, there wasn't a bunch of run down shit like shown above.

But, I suppose Carrollton, like all Dallas northern suburbs and most of Houston's burbs, is suffering what I call throwaway syndrome.  People leave and move north, even if they stay in Carrollton (Creekview/Ranchview), and leave the older parts of town to go to shit.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I tend to forget how long it has been now, but when I was in school, RLT and Newman Smith, the Carrollton schools, were pretty solidly middle class and while the neighborhoods may not have been super-fancy, there wasn't a bunch of run down shit like shown above.

But, I suppose Carrollton, like all Dallas northern suburbs and most of Houston's burbs, is suffering what I call throwaway syndrome.  People leave and move north, even if they stay in Carrollton (Creekview/Ranchview), and leave the older parts of town to go to shit.

I briefly lived in Carrollton in 08.  When this story broke I was always picturing the standard suburb tract home, but when I saw the actual house I realized I never ventured over to that part of town.

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Did you ever go to middle school? I knew kids that were dealing weed, coke, and xans at 13. 14 is nothing. 

No kids in my middle school were dealing hard drugs. The fact that you are saying that is normalized is very sad. If it is a known thing, it is child neglect, if not abuse, to put your kids in an environment where these things (coke, xans and now fet) are prevalent. 

• Fuck You 1

it doesn't have to be rundown or a rough part of town...according to at least half a dozen young people i know, Westlake, Anderson, and Austin high schools are all rife with drugs, including the hard ones. 

the rich kids like to party, and they have the money for it. not too different from my high school in the 80s in Houston, honestly. the rich kids were the ones with all the X, coke, and qualudes...i guess it just wasn't as likely to instantly kill you. 

Edited by mchookem

3 minutes ago, mchookem said:

it doesn't have to be rundown or a rough part of town...according to at least half a dozen young people i know, Westlake, Anderson, and Austin high schools are all rife with drugs, including the hard ones. 

I'm quite aware, which is why I just made the observation about the houses and "class."  I suppose there are little pockets of that in most cities and towns, but I am assuming that, like tbone_ says, it's a lot of suburban decay.

11 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

If it is a known thing, it is child neglect, if not abuse, to put your kids in an environment where these things (coke, xans and now fet) are prevalent. 

Nah I’ll just be a parent and talk to my kids to teach them lessons and help them be resilient throughout their lives. these drugs are in your kids schools too, you naive twat. 

you do you, but get the fuck out with your sanctimonious horseshit. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

If it is a known thing, it is child neglect, if not abuse, to put your kids in an environment where these things (coke, xans and now fet) are prevalent. 

A whole lot of people have very little choice in the matter.  And, as noted, it can be prevalent in a lot of otherwise pretty desirable places, e.g. the affluent-ish AISD schools.

You really just have to teach your kids well.  Those parents of meager means who manage to keep their kids mostly off of drugs by teaching them well, rather than moving schools, deserve a lot of credit for that.

As an observational aside, you seem to have some interesting notions about "protecting your family" and doing some things that might be considered pretty "elitist," justified by "looking out for number 1."

Edited by TwiceHorn

23 minutes ago, mchookem said:

the rich kids like to party, and they have the money for it. not too different from my high school in the 80s in Houston, honestly. the rich kids were the ones with all the X, coke, and qualudes...i guess it just wasn't as likely to instantly kill you. 

You are telling me that 7th and 8th grade in Westlake is rife with drugs? I don't live there, but this is from the half a dozen people you know?

Edited by HamsterHookah

14 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

A whole lot of people have very little choice in the matter.  And, as noted, it can be prevalent in a lot of otherwise pretty desirable places, e.g. the affluent-ish AISD schools.

You really just have to teach your kids well.  Those parents of meager means who manage to keep their kids mostly off of drugs by teaching them well, rather than moving schools, deserve a lot of credit for that.

As an observational aside, you seem to have some interesting notions about "protecting your family" and doing some things that might be considered pretty "elitist," justified by "looking out for number 1."

Specifically I was responding to the guy who said a paraphrase of "dude, it's normal for kids in middle school from 13 and 14 years old to be dealing and doing a bunch of hard drugs like coke and xans-- did you just fall of the turnip truck?"

I get with highschool when you are 17 or 18 and hopefully have some higher order thinking-- but man...13 and 14 year olds are babies.