Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

3 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

This guy makes 7 figures a year and lives in a low COL shit hole, yet still can't get a properly tailored suit? And a 1990s Paisley tie straight out of a Sears catalog? Fucking embarrassing. 

Have you seen the sloppy son of a bitch he just hired to run their football program?

4 hours ago, Chopper said:

I have to take an L here. Their schedule sets up much easier than ours but I didn't realize we also only have 4 true road games.

Byproduct of losing a conference game that had to be backfilled, and having ou be a listed road game.  I don’t know if we will continue the 3 home 1 away noncon if it stays at 8 conference games but I’m sure Texas and any cupcake they were talking to to fill the date were only interested in a game in Austin for the gate. 

• Hook 'Em 1

ESPN went to great lengths to explain how the schedules were selected. I believe they read directly from the SEC’s statement during both schedule reveal shows. The statement is also available on the SEC’s website. 

I guess these Georgia regards are mountain hermits that roll into town once a month to barter for provisions and use computers at the public library? 

It’s really simple. If your team was good for most of the last 10 years, your schedule is harder. If your team was bad for most of the last year years, like Texas, your schedule is easier. 

This guy makes 7 figures a year and lives in a low COL shit hole, yet still can't get a properly tailored suit? And a 1990s Paisley tie straight out of a Sears catalog? Fucking embarrassing. 
Properly tailored? The latest aggy multi-millionaire corch says hold all my beers.
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, ousux said:
8 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Properly tailored? The latest aggy multi-millionaire corch says hold all my beers.

Well they couldn’t get the guy who sews together Family-Sized tents for Academy to town in time. 

23 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

22 hours ago, Getafix said:

(From the Aggie 247 2024 schedule thread.)

Good to see that they have been chastened by the disappointments of the last few years.

(This time, they aren't babbling about playoff spots.)

image.thumb.png.0ee2e12e79b3765a890978f934f0457c.png

(Nary a mention of a national championship.)

image.thumb.png.267e9f2a2497243ff2c0b6a3f7bf70aa.png

(They are wary of pitfalls for their new coach.)

image.thumb.png.f906961f910bd8530f8dba05d2ed17c6.png

(They confidently expect to raise the bar.)

image.thumb.png.5157520fa3d2f3810a10131e51e0b2cf.png

so what happens if scheduling stays the same for the next several years, Elmo’s 3rd year is going to look like this when they get the flip side of the conference

G5

G5

G5

Vandy

Kentucky

Tennessee

Ole Miss

OU

UGA

Bama

FCS

UT

• Prepare your anus 1

10 hours ago, kevwun said:

ATM should forfeit their bowl game.  It's setting up to be an ass beating anyway since half their team is in the portal.  That lets them show Robinson the door also.  Since it's logical, they will never do it.  Instead Robinson will continue to fuck them on the recruiting trail while he's the interim coach and then Gundy is going to embarrass them in the bowl game, which will be extra delightful after Texas fuckstomped Okie St in the Big XII Championship game.  We are in the Ragnorak of aggy misery.

What got them was what they say characterizes us: arrogance.

They have been telling themselves since they joined the SEC that they are now elite. Unsurpassed facilities (had y'all heard about those?) and all the money spent on the new stadium and the Hall of Tampons Champions was like buying an Oscars dress before ever getting a role in a movie. They beat Alabama their first year and assumed that put them at Alabama's level.

Still, though they were sure they were elite, they needed to find a coach to "return" them to their destiny. Jimbo was it. He knows how to win a national championship. A&M is now the greatest school in the country scaring the fuck out of everyone. Their walk-on part in an indy film is about to become the movie's lead.

Think of Citizen Kane who poored money after money into his wife's opera career. Teachers, facilities, costumes, supporting cast, bookings in the great stadiums. All a shocking flop. 

Still, they couldn't let go of their arrogantly absurd self-opinion. No more sweet deals like for Jimbo, coaches would have to earn the right to date this movie star. They are not a B-Movie operation even though all they produce are B movies. Even so, the biggest stars and directors will naturally want to work with them.

They hold a casting call. Nobody comes.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I blame Looch for whatever they think they are now. 

I generously compared aggy to Michigan State while having a conversation with a corps turd at work some years back. He of course never served a day in the armed forces and just went on to law school after aggy. I almost gave the fat bastard a stroke. Only a Diet Coke could calm him down. 

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

They have been telling themselves since they joined the SEC that they are now elite. Unsurpassed facilities (had y'all heard about those?) and all the money spent on the new stadium and the Hall of Tampons Champions was like buying an Oscars dress before ever getting a role in a movie. They beat Alabama their first year and assumed that put them at Alabama's level.

Still, though they were sure they were elite, they needed to find a coach to "return" them to their destiny. Jimbo was it. He knows how to win a national championship. A&M is now the greatest school in the country scaring the fuck out of everyone. Their walk-on part in an indy film is about to become the movie's lead.

Think of Citizen Kane who poored money after money into his wife's opera career. Teachers, facilities, costumes, supporting cast, bookings in the great stadiums. All a shocking flo

Still, they couldn't let go of their arrogantly absurd self-opinion. No more sweet deals like for Jimbo, coaches would have to earn the right to date this movie star. They are not a B-Movie operation even though all they produce are B movies. Even so, the biggest stars and directors will naturally want to work with them.

On r/CFB I was asking an Okie Light fan if they were upset about Gundy running off so much of their team during the last offseason. A couple of them both replied that they aren’t going to get the 5-stars that Texas or OU gets or the NIL of those schools either so they’re happy that he got them back to the B12 CG.

It was shocking to hear a fan of a ”little brother“ school actually being realistic about their position relative to Bluebloods and specifically their own state flagship. So used to Ags and their ridiculous presumption of greatness. 

Edited by Xminus6
  • Hook 'Em 2

Serious question does aggy make the top 10 in the 16 team SEC? Only small, all male, military university excuses accepted.

Bama

Texas 

OU 

LSU 

Georgia 

Tennessee

Florida 

Auburn

Arkansas

Ole Miss or aggy in the top 10? Ole Miss claims national championships in 1959, 1960, and 1962. aggy claims a championship over George Clooney in Leatherheads. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Think of Citizen Kane who poored money after money into his wife's opera career. Teachers, facilities, costumes, supporting cast, bookings in the great stadiums. All a shocking flop. 

For a man particularly who prides himself words and language, this seems like an egregious error. Poored is what happens when you go to school at Oklahoma, sir. 

8 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I blame Looch for whatever they think they are now. 

I generously compared aggy to Michigan State while having a conversation with a corps turd at work some years back. He of course never served a day in the armed forces and just went on to law school after aggy. I almost gave the fat bastard a stroke. Only a Diet Coke could calm him down. 

Mallrats GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, statsman said:

Ole Miss’ MNC claims are bogus. They may have nearly gone undefeated, but playing a schedule entirely inside the confederacy, with corners named Howell Bennett III does not make a NC. 

Ummmmmmm. Texas didn't have a black football player until 1970. We didn't have a black football player until AFTER the Beatles broke up. Did our championships in 63 and 69 not count? I don't think we have any room to look down on anyone about national championships won with white cornerbacks. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

image.png.b1f2c9cb9d2095024a421fcbd8bc65e4.png

@SydneyCarton Missing pronoun.

Actually poored is from Middle English. An odd form both transitive and intransitive. 

Ain farmē̆r pourede aſ ain  idioÞ until hæ becamæ starvede. Hæ haede nōn-ọ̄ther golede for coacheſ.

An Aggie foolishly poored [away his funds on facilities]. He had no more money for coaches.

I thought everybody knew this.

Ich am fuī̆ple ophe shiÞ

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

16 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Ummmmmmm. Texas didn't have a black football player until 1970. We didn't have a black football player until AFTER the Beatles broke up. Did our championships in 63 and 69 not count? I don't think we have any room to look down on anyone about national championships won with white cornerbacks. 

Ummmmmmm, Texas was awarded MNCs from AP and UPU. 

Ole Miss claims MNCs. There is a huge difference. 

3 hours ago, statsman said:

Ole Miss’ MNC claims are bogus. They may have nearly gone undefeated, but playing a schedule entirely inside the confederacy, with corners named Howell Bennett III does not make a NC. 

their claims on all but 1 NC are pretty bogus.

image.thumb.png.f035b85a49b45d26a853b6b177bdd2a1.png

1959 the important selectors picked Syracuse and those selectors who picked them were all retroactive. they finished #2 in both UPI and AP polls.

1960 is legit, they were selected as the FWAA winners then and was pretty funky because how things were done, also a super close AP poll result

The final Associated Press (AP) and United Press International (UPI) polls placed the Rebels second and third, respectively, behind the Minnesota Golden Gophers who were voted national champions before the bowl games. The major "wire-service" polls changed this policy following the 1965 season. The final AP poll of November 29 was one of the closest ever: Minnesota with 17½ first-place votes, Mississippi 16, and Iowa 12½. Students made “AP” and “UPI” dummies, hung them from the Union Building, and burned them while chanting, “We’re No. 1, to hell with AP and UPI.”[2] The No. 1 Gophers, however, subsequently lost the Rose Bowl to No. 6 Washington. Meanwhile, No. 2 Ole Miss defeated Rice, 14–6, in the Sugar Bowl. Quarterback Jake Gibbs was voted the game's MVP by scoring two rushing touchdowns.

After the New Year's Day bowl games, the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA) voted Mississippi as national champions and awarded them the Grantland Rice Trophy.

1962 is also retroactive, and out friend Ross Bjork decided in 2012 that that 1962 team would get national championship rings. they finished at #3 in both the UPI and AP polls.

• Hook 'Em 1