Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

Just now, golfclap said:

Agreed. I think it's probably just to make Mullens, Taggart, and Jimbo work that much harder. 

Saban knows the game Jimbo is playing in Collie Station.  He’s smart enough to get out in front of it and negative recruit them and force them to expend additional resources fighting for what should easily be their’s for the taking.    

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Agreed. I think it's probably just to make Mullens, Taggart, and Jimbo work that much harder. 

Or just slow playing him in case they miss on other targets. 

They do this every cycle. Hell they had players visit the last recruiting weekend last cycle in case they missed on other targets. Recruits they had no intention of taking. 

Edited by texasstrong12

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Isn’t there a limit on the number of OVs you can host in a season?

if it’s a prohibitive number, then maybe that’s a way to decipher bama’s pecking order. 

Or maybe they have ways of making UVs feel like OVs wink wink nudge nudge say n’more

13.6.2.3.4 Football. [FBS/FCS] In football, an institution may provide 56 official visits an annual basis
(August 1 through July 31). A national service academy or an institution that does not subscribe to the National
Letter of Intent may provide 70 official visits, 56 of which may be provided prior to the initial date of
the regular signing period of the National Letter of Intent. The institution must maintain a written record
of the visits provided. [D] (Revised: 5/11/18, 5/16/18)

13.6.2.3.4.1 Unused Visits—Football. [FBS/FCS] In football, an institution may retain a maximum
of six unused visits from the previous academic year. Such visits may be used only during the following
academic year. [D] (Adopted: 1/14/97 effective 8/1/97, Revised: 11/1/01 effective 8/1/02, 12/15/06,
10/29/09, 5/11/18)

Edited by Machinator

56 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Yeah but I can't see Alabama taking Banks. They are in on some huge names and they already have 24 commits. 

But maybe Saban goes full Saban and cuts the fat at the bottom of the class. 

There’s been talk of Christian Williams and Keilan Robinson getting processed. Also, Justin Eboigbe might decommit.

17 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

There’s been talk of Christian Williams and Keilan Robinson getting processed. Also, Justin Eboigbe might decommit.

i'm trying to imagine looking at a college roster, watching christian williams' film, and deciding he can't help me. 

that program is on such an ahistorical run that i'm not sure what to do besides shrug at this point.

9 minutes ago, bizzle said:

i'm trying to imagine looking at a college roster, watching christian williams' film, and deciding he can't help me. 

that program is on such an ahistorical run that i'm not sure what to do besides shrug at this point furiously masturbate into a jar while murmuring "SEC, SEC, SEC" to myself.

FIFY.

• Like 3

On 12/9/2018 at 9:46 AM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

He was the kid who claimed to have gotten a flat tire on his way to an OU BBQ in July and tweeted he wouldn't be making it... only the put out a commitment video a few hours later to A&M...

I thought that name sounded familiar thanks for the reminder.

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Oh goddammit I didn't want this to end in a Big XII team getting better

DuETxhtVAAEjod1.jpgDuETykgUcAAcINf.jpgDuETy8kU4AMY3vo.jpg

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I think after Brewster left, I posted this, but if not, I'll pass it on now. He was the lead recruiter on both Miller and Blades. When he left, so did ATM's chances of signing either unless a pure moneywhip could be pulled off, and that isn't rumored to be the case for either. Now Banks? Maybe so. You have to like FSU's position for him, so ATM is probably going to have to put 6 Figs on the table to keep him in-state, and I don't mean Taylor Hamm.

4 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

He's not very good and has off the field issues. LSU wants no part of him. They want him to flip so they have more scholarship room. 

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

LSU liked him as a safety, but they obviously viewed him as expendable when it came to making the numbers work.

4 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

They liked him as a safety but I don't think they even want him as a safety now. 

When aggy mods (like Passwaters) are saying that he has off the field issues and that LSU will pretty much let him flip to aggy you know there's some truth to it. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

1:47p

Staff

A&M staff is back on the road this week, and it started last night with a trip to Horn Lake (MS) LB Nakobe Dean. The highly touted backer got to spend time with Jimbo Fisher and other A&M staffers as the Aggies continue to make their case for Dean to end up in College Station. A few things playing into A&M's favor here: 1) the Engineering school 2) the Depth Chart 3) the manner in which A&M has sold the previous two and how the Aggie Network ties in. 

Multiple reports out today have Nakobe on record saying he's mentally started to cut some schools out of his previous top 7. I believe the Aggies have made the final cut, but I wouldn't call them the leader. I feel confident Dean plays in the SEC, but I'm not sure I'm ready to go out a limb and say where. 

A&M staffers will also check in on one of the top players in the northeast as Brooklyn (NY) edge man Adisa Isaac will get a visit. This will be the second time Isaac has hosted A&M in the past two weeks. The Aggie staff will also check in on LB commit Andre White while in the region.

I've been told today that Dyersburg (TN) LB Chris Russell will sign in February. 

Another expected February signee is Amite (LA) DT Ishmael Sopsher. A&M DT Coach Elijah Robinson has been running point on this one, and he's probably the main reason the Aggies are still in the discussion here. Robinson was in New Orleans last weekend to see Sopsher win the state championship. My personal opinion as of today is that Sopsher would like to play for Robinson and A&M, but the pressure from the folks around him ultimately lands in him Baton Rouge or Tuscaloosa. Dave Aranda is working hard for the Tigers. 

We are aware that JUCO CB Dreshun Miller has semi announced a commitment to West Virginia on his Instagram page. Like I said in the unsticked thread, LSU hasnt really considered Miller a commitment (at least not a firm one) in a while. I know that as of late last week, he was still in communication with the Aggie coaching staff. I think the next week or so will answer whether or not Miller is a viable candidate to become a part of this 2019 class. 

Oregon CB commit Elijah Blades does remain in contact with A&M staffers. There's still plenty of work to do, but this group of coaches is plenty equipped to take on the load. Regardless of what happened with Carter, Blades has always been a highly coveted prospect in this class. 

10 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Ryan Brauninger

1:47p

Staff

A&M staff is back on the road this week, and it started last night with a trip to Horn Lake (MS) LB Nakobe Dean. The highly touted backer got to spend time with Jimbo Fisher and other A&M staffers as the Aggies continue to make their case for Dean to end up in College Station. A few things playing into A&M's favor here: 1) the Engineering school 2) the Depth Chart 3) the manner in which A&M has sold the previous two and how the Aggie Network ties in. 

Multiple reports out today have Nakobe on record saying he's mentally started to cut some schools out of his previous top 7. I believe the Aggies have made the final cut, but I wouldn't call them the leader. I feel confident Dean plays in the SEC, but I'm not sure I'm ready to go out a limb and say where. 

A&M staffers will also check in on one of the top players in the northeast as Brooklyn (NY) edge man Adisa Isaac will get a visit. This will be the second time Isaac has hosted A&M in the past two weeks. The Aggie staff will also check in on LB commit Andre White while in the region.

I've been told today that Dyersburg (TN) LB Chris Russell will sign in February. 

Another expected February signee is Amite (LA) DT Ishmael Sopsher. A&M DT Coach Elijah Robinson has been running point on this one, and he's probably the main reason the Aggies are still in the discussion here. Robinson was in New Orleans last weekend to see Sopsher win the state championship. My personal opinion as of today is that Sopsher would like to play for Robinson and A&M, but the pressure from the folks around him ultimately lands in him Baton Rouge or Tuscaloosa. Dave Aranda is working hard for the Tigers. 

We are aware that JUCO CB Dreshun Miller has semi announced a commitment to West Virginia on his Instagram page. Like I said in the unsticked thread, LSU hasnt really considered Miller a commitment (at least not a firm one) in a while. I know that as of late last week, he was still in communication with the Aggie coaching staff. I think the next week or so will answer whether or not Miller is a viable candidate to become a part of this 2019 class. 

Oregon CB commit Elijah Blades does remain in contact with A&M staffers. There's still plenty of work to do, but this group of coaches is plenty equipped to take on the load. Regardless of what happened with Carter, Blades has always been a highly coveted prospect in this class. 

Dean plans on being a rock surgeon correct?

22 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

A few things playing into A&M's favor here: 1) the Engineering school 2) the Depth Chart 3) the manner in which A&M has sold the previous two and how the Aggie Network ties in. 

I am just going to have to assume this is now code for bag men. At no point would the actual "aggy network" be considered a plus over any of the schools that are recruiting him. 

On 12/9/2018 at 11:08 AM, jdhorn92 said:

I was at a gala last night in Houston and the guy running the deal is an Aggie.  Led off with a comment about beating LSU in 7 OT.  Good grief, that was what 3-4 weeks ago?

Surprised it wasn't followed by reminiscing about johnny football beating bama  back in the day. When you only have 2 or 3 things to hang your hat on the last half century you have to keep reminding people. Hell, to this day I still brag about banging those 2 sisters back in high school. Not at the same time unfortunately, but it's still one of the highlights of my life and it was almost 40 years ago.

Edited by CfRhTxStBobcats
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Orange&White said:

I guess I should have added another line about decommitting since he was leaving, but not necessarily to follow him to Temple.

I think it would open the door for some of their defensive recruits to listen to overtures. Not sure how many straight up decommit right away

Like clockwork. 

Spoiler

Liucci

3:57p

Staff

AG

I think his name will come up every time an opening in the Northeast presents itself. I also think there's been a pretty strong push from the folks in Austin to get this storyline out in the open today in hopes of causing some consternation with Aggie commits just before Signing Day. Thx A&M coaches - Elko included - are out in front of it, I believe.

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I think after Brewster left, I posted this, but if not, I'll pass it on now. He was the lead recruiter on both Miller and Blades. When he left, so did ATM's chances of signing either unless a pure moneywhip could be pulled off, and that isn't rumored to be the case for either. Now Banks? Maybe so. You have to like FSU's position for him, so ATM is probably going to have to put 6 Figs on the table to keep him in-state, and I don't mean Taylor Hamm.

I'm sorry, what has Austin done to get this storyline out there? I haven't seen shit but one guy's tweet. No media outlet has run with this shit at all. I've seen it at 2 spots, and they're not exactly big time sports/media outlets. 

• Like 1

Never forget that last cycle the aggys made up the rumor about Orlando to ND. They even admitted on their boards that it was completely false and they were just trying to persuade recruits. 

It's so sad they play these games to persuade 17 and 18 year olds. 

Edited by texasstrong12

2 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Never forget that last cycle the aggys made up the rumor about Orlando to ND. They even admitted on their boards that it was completely false and they were just trying to persuade recruits. 

It's so sad they play these games to persuade 17 and 18 year olds. 

Wait they thought that they could just randomly tweet out Orlando to ND and it would work?

9 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Wait they thought that they could just randomly tweet out Orlando to ND and it would work?

yeah, you can't even make up this stupidity. I can't remember what site this started on but they legit thought they had a scheme to win over recruits. 

Edited by texasstrong12