Running thread of white people calling cops on people of color for everyday stuff...

Pancho

19 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

The guy was a moron, even if he was drunk. What I see above is a whole bunch of justification for a guy committed manslaughter. 

agree dead guy a moron, but the suspect probably is an overreacting asshole but that's why i'd like to see more video. but not justification, wasn't my intent. just pointing out that if the media is trying to justify, i'd attribute that to rich guy with connections v regular dude. much like spanky didn't see any reason to think race was involved in the stories before, I see nothing in this story to involve race now. i think it's much more likely $$$/influence is changing coverage, if it is at all. 

2 hours ago, achooloco said:

i was wondering about this story before it was reported it was the WF asst coach. when they said someone was knocking on multiple car doors looking for their uber, i immediately thought they were drunk and being obnoxious. i mean, who does that? you have the license plate, make/model, leave cars the fuck alone. get close but no reason to knock. especially in new york! side note: always bothered me that ride share apps don't say the color of the vehicle but that should probably go in the trivial surly thread.

nevertheless, ride share apps have been around for years now across the country, so unless you're drunk or a fucking moron, never seen anyone go from car to car knocking on windows in any state; call it banging or knocking, doesn't matter. if i see someone doing that, first thought is they are trying to steal a car, regardless of race. second thought is they're drunk as shit to the point they don't think to look at a license plate or model before knocking. and drunk as shit people can be dangerous. that being said, a person's first reaction to window knocking/banging should NOT be punching. really want to see the video of the altercation; only seen a grainy video of the suv (think it was a white one) driving off but not the actual hit. not sure who is at fault but all i know is one life is tragically over, one is possibly ruined and there is definitely more to this story. 

has the coverage changed? i know it said the decedent went to numerous cars knocking (which i thought should have always been reported he was drunk; they only said he had been at a wedding earlier and it was late so i took that as a nice way of saying he was hammered), then we found out about the WF guy.  interesting that the main attribute of the WF guy you noticed was their skin color and not their possible connections, power, influence behind the scenes with media/etc, money (granted asst coaches don't make millions but it is six figures), alumni connections, coaching circles connections, etc. To use your logic from before, i see nothing to indicate any possible coverage change is attributable to race. I believe if there was any change, it is attributable to the more plausible reasons that usually occur when people of position, power, money, and influence get involved in a case with a joe schmo of lower status, money, and influence.

Appreciate the response, but I’m going to wait until I have Pancho’s view before fully addressing your post. What I will say is that I agree with some of your sentiments and think you are being naive or downplaying others.

To illustrate what I’m talking about, look at the following articles:

Pre-identification (Video included was added yesterday): https://www.newsweek.com/tourist-dies-punched-suspect-mistaken-uber-incident-1063960

The 35-year-old, whose cellphone had died, went over to a white SUV and knocked on the window to see if the man behind the wheel was his Uber driver.”

Post-identification: https://nypost.com/2018/08/09/wake-forest-basketball-coach-charged-in-deadly-queens-attack-on-tourist/

Jamill Jones — an assistant to Danny Manning at the ACC basketball program — allegedly slugged Boca Raton resident Sabor Szabo in the head early Sunday morning for drunkenly banging on his car in Long Island City, according to law enforcement sources.”

“Szabo, 35, banged multiple cars in front of 41-10 29th St. at around 1:15 a.m., sources said.”

Is the incident of trying to find his Uber being over reported or under reported by these publications? The wire from the NYPD doesn’t cite the reasoning for the confrontation. Yet, these accounts conjure a very different picture of the tourist’s actions leading up to his untimely death. Why? Whether he was a little lost tourist trying to find his designated driver in the Big City, or a drunk asshole doing asshole things, does it justify the response? What changed from the story being initially reported and the follow-up stories posted in the last 2 days?

This is a thread about racial issues. Specifically about the oppression of blacks by people being shoehorned as white to fit a narrative, which is why I am questioning the racial aspect/motivation of the incident. I think anyone that read about a guy who couldn’t identify his Uber after leaving a wedding in the early hours can deduce that alcohol was involved. Personally, I don’t believe that race had a damn thing to do with it. But, if the roles were reversed, I have a sneaking suspicion that the country would grind to a halt with protests making race the focal point. Especially considering that the perpetrator fled the scene of the crime and let the tourist die in the street. The story is not even on CNN or even ESPN’s front page as an afterthought right now. It certainly has no mention of either party’s race beyond posting pictures of the parties involved. (No cute 3rd grade photo of the deceased either) Unless I’ve missed it, the news has collectively decided that this incident was not racially motivated for the American people.

One of my contentions throughout this thread has been that publications are trying to exploit racial tensions to make a buck through headlines and reporting. Pancho’s contention is that the drive-by stories he posts without further comment are examples of racism by white association. I’m curious to know if he would consider this a racially motivated occurrence similar to a white lady calling the cops on a black kid for selling lemonade without a permit. Or a white manager calling the cops on a black lady using a coupon he thought was fraudulent...with the added footnote of a death. In a nutshell, does his outrage swing both ways or does he have a specific “team” he’s both rooting and saving his outrage for?

Edited by Spankytoes

1 hour ago, Rex Kramer said:

Yeah, simply an overreacting asshole. That fled the scene. After slaughtering a guy. You should stop. 

Did I say simply? Do you know what exactly happened? Are you privy to a video or witness statement we aren’t? I said the video would explain more, I’m waiting for that. You should think more, post less. 

49 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I know a guy died and the killer fled the scene. And you’re making excuses for him by saying he “probably is an overreacting asshole”. 

And you know nothing of what led to the probable asshole throwing the punch. No one is making excuses, just trying to understand what led one dude to ruin his life by ending another. This isn’t “asking questions”, just that no normal human knocks on multiple cars looking for an Uber, that’s just insane. So sit down and shut up, dickless wonder.

23 minutes ago, achooloco said:

And you know nothing of what led to the probable asshole throwing the punch. No one is making excuses, just trying to understand what led one dude to ruin his life by ending another. This isn’t “asking questions”, just that no normal human knocks on multiple cars looking for an Uber, that’s just insane. So sit down and shut up, dickless wonder.

Shouldn't we wait for the video evidence before making those kinds of charges ?

• Like 1

On 8/12/2018 at 2:01 PM, Spankytoes said:

Appreciate the response, but I’m going to wait until I have Pancho’s view before fully addressing your post. What I will say is that I agree with some of your sentiments and think you are being naive or downplaying others.

To illustrate what I’m talking about, look at the following articles:

Pre-identification (Video included was added yesterday): https://www.newsweek.com/tourist-dies-punched-suspect-mistaken-uber-incident-1063960

The 35-year-old, whose cellphone had died, went over to a white SUV and knocked on the window to see if the man behind the wheel was his Uber driver.”

Post-identification: https://nypost.com/2018/08/09/wake-forest-basketball-coach-charged-in-deadly-queens-attack-on-tourist/

Jamill Jones — an assistant to Danny Manning at the ACC basketball program — allegedly slugged Boca Raton resident Sabor Szabo in the head early Sunday morning for drunkenly banging on his car in Long Island City, according to law enforcement sources.”

“Szabo, 35, banged multiple cars in front of 41-10 29th St. at around 1:15 a.m., sources said.”

Is the incident of trying to find his Uber being over reported or under reported by these publications? The wire from the NYPD doesn’t cite the reasoning for the confrontation. Yet, these accounts conjure a very different picture of the tourist’s actions leading up to his untimely death. Why? Whether he was a little lost tourist trying to find his designated driver in the Big City, or a drunk asshole doing asshole things, does it justify the response? What changed from the story being initially reported and the follow-up stories posted in the last 2 days?

This is a thread about racial issues. Specifically about the oppression of blacks by people being shoehorned as white to fit a narrative, which is why I am questioning the racial aspect/motivation of the incident. I think anyone that read about a guy who couldn’t identify his Uber after leaving a wedding in the early hours can deduce that alcohol was involved. Personally, I don’t believe that race had a damn thing to do with it. But, if the roles were reversed, I have a sneaking suspicion that the country would grind to a halt with protests making race the focal point. Especially considering that the perpetrator fled the scene of the crime and let the tourist die in the street. The story is not even on CNN or even ESPN’s front page as an afterthought right now. It certainly has no mention of either party’s race beyond posting pictures of the parties involved. (No cute 3rd grade photo of the deceased either) Unless I’ve missed it, the news has collectively decided that this incident was not racially motivated for the American people.

One of my contentions throughout this thread has been that publications are trying to exploit racial tensions to make a buck through headlines and reporting. Pancho’s contention is that the drive-by stories he posts without further comment are examples of racism by white association. I’m curious to know if he would consider this a racially motivated occurrence similar to a white lady calling the cops on a black kid for selling lemonade without a permit. Or a white manager calling the cops on a black lady using a coupon he thought was fraudulent...with the added footnote of a death. In a nutshell, does his outrage swing both ways or does he have a specific “team” he’s both rooting and saving his outrage for?

I too am outraged at what the media would have done under a different set of facts.  Seriously though, you think maybe they had more facts and witness accounts at the time of the second story than the first?  Maybe that explains it?  Also, if you want to play the Matthew McConaughey "now imagine he's white" game, the perpetrator would probably have had a gun and shot him dead and walked away with a "stand your ground" defense.  Hell, they'd probably change the law to allow for the defense based on a punch.

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

I too am outraged at what the media would have done under a different set of facts.  Seriously though, you think maybe they had more facts and witness accounts at the time of the second story than the first?  Maybe that explains it?  Also, if you want to play the Matthew McConaughey "now imagine he's white" game, the perpetrator would probably have had a gun and shot him dead and walked away with a "stand your ground" defense.  Hell, they'd probably change the law to allow for the defense based on a punch.

I think you missed the point entirely. 

So this morning, Mrs.LL reports that there's a pick-up sitting out front of our house, which is fucking annoying because it's bulk trash week, and I don't want it to get in the way of the garbage men picking up the mountain of shit I have piled up.  So I look out, and there's a black guy sitting in the truck.  That's unusual in my neighborhood, which is all white and Asian.

I keep getting ready.  We eventually go out front to take first-day-of-school photos.  At that point, I casually go up and "Hey, bro--what's up?" him.  He's part of a moving crew that's moving a neighbor, and the truck hadn't yet arrived.  Ok--no big whoop.  Be safe lifting all that shit in this fucking heat.

No cops called.  But I'm going to be very pissed if any of that bulk trash doesn't get picked up because of the location of that damned truck.

8 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

So this morning, Mrs.LL reports that there's a pick-up sitting out front of our house, which is fucking annoying because it's bulk trash week, and I don't want it to get in the way of the garbage men picking up the mountain of shit I have piled up.  So I look out, and there's a black guy sitting in the truck.  That's unusual in my neighborhood, which is all white and Asian.

I keep getting ready.  We eventually go out front to take first-day-of-school photos.  At that point, I casually go up and "Hey, bro--what's up?" him.  He's part of a moving crew that's moving a neighbor, and the truck hadn't yet arrived.  Ok--no big whoop.  Be safe lifting all that shit in this fucking heat.

No cops called.  But I'm going to be very pissed if any of that bulk trash doesn't get picked up because of the location of that damned truck.

Bro ?  kiiiiiinda racist .....

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

This is all a humblebrag about how white and reasonable you are. 

God I admire you. 

35 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

[racist]"See that's how it starts.  They just come around getting in the way and next thing they take over[assholes]

Had a neighbor in San Antonio who had a similar experience.  The guy was the biggest racist jerk I've ever encountered.  Claimed that anyone other than a black guy would have known parking there would be in the way.  Freakin' asshole, never spoke to him again.

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

I didn't think there was anything particularly humble about that brag.

Well the fact that you have a bulk trash week is fairly humble. 

20 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Why didn't you just ask him to move across the street or down a few feet or something and even explain your rationanle if you felt it necessary re: trash? You sounded more scared than reasonable.

If I was scared, I would have called the cops.  So I think you miss the point of the story (i.e., calling the cops in such a situation is stupid--just go ask what's up).

1 minute ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Yea there was no need to call cops, but you sounded scared to ask a reasonable request for a reasonable reason. Instead you are now hoping things work out and break your way because you were afraid to ask— whether it be because you were a’feared he would make a scene and escalate or you were scared he’d take offense and you would appear racist.

Thats how I read it at least— reading was never my strength though ;)

There is literally nowhere he could park without being near someone's bulk trash.  Every one of my neighbors has something out.  And there are going to be a lot more cars and a moving truck on the block.  So once he told me what was going on, I figured out pretty quick that the bulk-trash ship had sailed.

And regardless--that wasn't the point of the story.  The bulk-trash issue is simply to explain how he came to my attention--neither I nor Mrs.LL sit there in the mornings peering out our front windows to see who is passing by.

9 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Yea there was no need to call cops, but you sounded scared to ask a reasonable request for a reasonable reason. Instead you are now hoping things work out and break your way because you were afraid to ask— whether it be because you were a’feared he would make a scene and escalate or you were scared he’d take offense and you would appear racist.

Thats how I read it at least— reading was never my strength though ;)

You are fucking weird. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Did you offer him a hit off your blunt?

4 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

He was casing houses.  All minorities in these neighborhoods are casing houses.  I read it on Nextdoor.

• Like 1

Maybe I’m just more confrontational because if you come down my cul-de-sac, which is off the road a bit and it would be odd to be on foot down there, I’m intervening with a “Do you need any help?” with a nice smile.

which of course is code for “have a reasonable answer for why you are on/near my property and state your intentions”

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2018 at 2:28 PM, Ghost of LL said:

There is literally nowhere he could park without being near someone's bulk trash.  Every one of my neighbors has something out.  And there are going to be a lot more cars and a moving truck on the block.  So once he told me what was going on, I figured out pretty quick that the bulk-trash ship had sailed.

And regardless--that wasn't the point of the story.  The bulk-trash issue is simply to explain how he came to my attention--neither I nor Mrs.LL sit there in the mornings peering out our front windows to see who is passing by.

ScreenShot008.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

they did manage to get the recording of one of her 911 calls.  Obviously the video is captioned to make fun of her ("breathes racistly"), but this is actual audio

That dispatcher is hilarious. "Have you ever been to a mental facility?" LOL!

Wasn't this like 2 months ago?   But now the 911 has been released?  911 is there for emergencies.  They start charging 100 bucks or so for each call that goes in that isn't non emergency, then that will stop that crap.  We have the technology now to tie records to phone numbers.    Use it to keep up with these drama queens and start charging them after the 2nd or 3rd time.  Jail time if they exagerate a situation to get a response.   We are short handed enough on LE, fire and EMS without having to go tend to these little SJW things.   I know SJW is usually used for libruls.  What are these people then? IWB? Insecure white bitches?

My god it reminds me of Nazi germany, all the good little nazis ratting on their neighbors, hoping to be somehow rewarded or recognized by the party. 

23 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Wasn't this like 2 months ago?   But now the 911 has been released?  911 is there for emergencies.  They start charging 100 bucks or so for each call that goes in that isn't non emergency, then that will stop that crap.  We have the technology now to tie records to phone numbers.    Use it to keep up with these drama queens and start charging them after the 2nd or 3rd time.  Jail time if they exagerate a situation to get a response.   We are short handed enough on LE, fire and EMS without having to go tend to these little SJW things.   I know SJW is usually used for libruls.  What are these people then? IWB? Insecure white bitches?

My god it reminds me of Nazi germany, all the good little nazis ratting on their neighbors, hoping to be somehow rewarded or recognized by the party. 

Make it a $1,000.  

5 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

I like the concept, but the flip side is nobody ever answers the regular number.

I said it on this thread 5+ pages back but middle and upper class white women have been so convinced that their safety is so easily threatened that the slightest perception of risk justifies a laundry list of ridiculous actions. This includes racial profiling is ok because “safety”. Even daily hassles like returning your cart at the grocery store are no match for “safety”. I know plenty of these types and try to bring up statistics to no avail. I learned quickly that actual “safety” doesn’t even matter. They want to FEEL safe. Sorry black folks, their feelings are more important than you living life without the cops being called on you for walking down the street. 

Rant over.

• Like 1