Running thread of white people calling cops on people of color for everyday stuff...

Pancho

a few years ago i volunteered for big brother, big sisters.  i had a 10 year old african american kid as my little brother.  he was a great kid.  i would take him around and do normal things like canoe town lake, go eat yogurt, to the aquarium, to mayfield park to see the peacocks, hike bull creek and the green belt.  after awhile, he told me that he like doing those things but all he saw were white people and he was scared of white people.  funny shit.

so if this little kid is anything like my little brother, yea, he's traumatized for life.

7 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

a few years ago i volunteered for big brother, big sisters.  i had a 10 year old african american kid as my little brother.  he was a great kid.  i would take him around and do normal things like canoe town lake, go eat yogurt, to the aquarium, to mayfield park to see the peacocks, hike bull creek and the green belt.  after awhile, he told me that he like doing those things but all he saw were white people and he was scared of white people.  funny shit.

so if this little kid is anything like my little brother, yea, he's traumatized for life.

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Man, those are some cracker-jack westlake weekend activities. Yogurt? You gotta take that kid to 31 Flavors.

• Like 1

.8e4a3058b914181f9a63f4df758b9f25.jpg
  • Like 2

Did you tell him that they are more scared of him than he is of them?
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Has it? Or has it been this way for a long time and the Internet, cell phone cameras, and social media just allow you to hear about it now?

He's talking about the promotion of fear, not the exposition of casual, daily racism.  There's pros and there's cons to the dissemination of information.

• Like 1

On October 19, 2018 at 11:09 PM, TwiceHorn said:

He's talking about the promotion of fear, not the exposition of casual, daily racism.  There's pros and there's cons to the dissemination of information.

White people in America have been afraid of black people as long as they've been dragging them kicking and screaming from their homeland in order to enslave them for personal profit. It doesn't matter if the media consists of word of mouth, the town crier, the governor, the minister, the traveling minstrel shows, Hollywood movies, or postcards of lynchings proudly sent by one racist white fuck to another via the U.S. Mail.

Nothing has changed. It's culture, not media.

At least the bullshit notion that East Coast people are more progressive and accepting than the rest of us Americans is coming to a screeching halt.  New England, in particular, is so fucking racist-it's beyond standup comedy routines.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

At least the bullshit notion that East Coast people are more progressive and accepting than the rest of us Americans is coming to a screeching halt.  New England, in particular, is so fucking racist-it's beyond standup comedy routines.  

At least they don't have a history of owning slaves and rebelling against their country to defend the practice. There are racists everywhere. I'm pretty sure there's a higher number per capita in some States than others. In some States the racists even hold positions of power. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

At least they don't have a history of owning slaves and rebelling against their country to defend the practice. There are racists everywhere. I'm pretty sure there's a higher number per capita in some States than others. In some States the racists even hold positions of power. 

This is a singularly ignorant post.  Oh because your great great great great grandparents maybe didn't own slaves you're just maybe slightly racist so it's all good.  Jesus Christ, racist is racist regardless of your location. The civil war was 150 years ago you dolt.  The average northern officer and enlisted man was every bit as racist as the average southerner of the day.  You know jack about the topic, but hey spout away it's amusing to see ignorance on display.

Oh and Boston has a history of being extremely racist (just one glaring example of racism in the north).  What ??  mumsies and daddums Connecticut yankees who try to act like they're not racist cause they're enlightened NE liberals  but wouldn't let sis date a black guy ?  

Not sure if serious. Gif

No they just have a much more exhaustive and recent history of segregating the shit out of black people and choking off any chance of assimilation and the development of commerce within their communities which in all reality has much more impact on the disparities we see today than fucking slavery. The south today is much less segregated now than the north in every way that matters.  

5 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

No they just have a much more exhaustive and recent history of segregating the shit out of black people and choking off any chance of assimilation and the development of commerce within their communities which in all reality has much more impact on the disparities we see today than fucking slavery. The south today is much less segregated now than the north in every way that matters.  

"In every way that matters?" Bullshit. That's doublespeak. Which States are taking advantage of the gutting of the Voting Rights Act to make it harder for minorities to vote? The same States that made the act necessary in the first place. You're fucking insane if you're arguing that the Union States are more racist than the Confederate States. 

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

"In every way that matters?" Bullshit. That's doublespeak. Which States are taking advantage of the gutting of the Voting Rights Act to make it harder for minorities to vote? The same States that made the act necessary in the first place. You're fucking insane if you're arguing that the Union States are more racist than the Confederate States. 

Yankees are pretty fucking racist.  But they don't take that racism and create racist policies that disenfranchise black people from voting. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You may want to check in on the stats of places like Wisconsin, Ohio, and Indiana when it comes to voter suppression. Shit, Ohio serves as the intellectual birth place of recent efforts to suppress voters.  And as far as segregated schools and neighborhoods go it's a verifiable fact that the north is more segregated today.  This is partly due to the fact that the south was forced to desegregate under judicial order,  but the end result is that the south is less segregated than the north.  

In fact, many of the racial injustices we associate with the South are actually worse in the North. Housing segregation between black and white residents, for instance, is most pervasive above the Mason-Dixon line. Of America’s 25 most racially segregated metropolitan areas, just five are in the South; Northern cities — Detroit, Milwaukee and New York — top the list. Segregation in Northern metro areas has declined a bit since 1990, but an analysis of 2010 census data found that Detroit’s level of segregation, for instance, is nearly twice as high as Charleston’s.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/its-not-dixies-fault/2015/07/17/7bf77a2e-2bd6-11e5-bd33-395c05608059_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.997b138a02d3

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

Yankees are pretty fucking racist.  But they don't take that racism and create racist policies that disenfranchise black people from voting. 

Southerners are pretty fucking racist too. Like I said, there are racists everywhere. We're a white-dominated society. The abolitionists in the North didn't make up 100% of the population. There are still a lot of racists in the Union States. Those States still voted for a black president. 

5 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

You may want to check in on the stats of places like Wisconsin, Ohio, and Indiana when it comes to voter suppression. Shit, Ohio serves as the intellectual birth place of recent efforts to suppress voters.  And as far as segregated schools and neighborhoods go it's a verifiable fact that the north is more segregated today.  This is partly due to the fact that the south was forced to desegregate under judicial order,  but the end result is that the south is less segregated than the north.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/its-not-dixies-fault/2015/07/17/7bf77a2e-2bd6-11e5-bd33-395c05608059_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.997b138a02d3

The southernification of the North is a problem. Ohio, Indiana, and Wisconsin all have something in common. That discussion belongs on a different board. Indiana, once home of the KKK, is practically a Confederate State.

See what's happening in Georgia. Checkmate. 

5 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The southernification of the North is a problem. Ohio, Indiana, and Wisconsin all have something in common. That discussion belongs on a different board. Indiana, once home of the KKK, is practically a Confederate State.

You're a raging idiot. The southernification of the north ?  Yeah racism is something otherwise normal people up north catch from the south.  I mean of course because people from the south are migrating north all the time. 

Holy shit, southernification..... that's a new Medosa line of stupidity even for you.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I blame CMT, Duck Dynasty, Fox News, the post-Jeff Foxworthy redneck comedy circuit and other TV personalities such as Paula Deen for creating a southernized national white rural identity over the last 25 years or so.  It used to be rural folks up north were "hicks" who were often quite different from their southern counterparts.  Now it  seems like regional differences in rural whiteness have disappeared and they're all rednecks on the southern model--they even wave rebel flags in rural Massachusetts these days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pancho Negro said:

Uhh

Gets even better....

The man accused of killing two people at a busy grocery store was seen on surveillance video trying to get into a predominantly black church a short time before he unleashed his attack.

Gregory Bush, 51, was arrested minutes after the shooting Wednesday at the Kroger store in Jeffersontown.

Jeffersontown Police Chief Sam Rogers said at a news conference Thursday that Bush was seen on video trying to break into the First Baptist Church of Jeffersontown about two miles away.

Maurice Stallard was shot dead inside the Kroger store in Jeffersontown on Wednesday. (Source: Stallard family)

Vickie Lee Jones was shot and killed in the Kroger parking lot on Oct. 24. (Source: Jones family) (Source: Jones family)

“He was unsuccessful in gaining access to the church,” Rogers said. “I do not know the correlation, but it was just 10-15 minutes before the shooting.”

When I was at Ft. Knox in the early 90s there were standing orders stating a list of places black soldiers shouldn't go when off post due to a high likelihood of violence.  Shelbyville was the only town I specifically remember.  It was a little town about 15 miles northeast of there if I remember correctly.  There were several others.  Let's just say this doesn't surprise me.