Running thread of white people calling cops on people of color for everyday stuff...

Pancho

On 8/3/2018 at 2:38 PM, Brisketexan said:

Here's the real question -- even if they "don't belong"....if they aren't doing something harmful, who gives a fuck?  Maybe you're not a student at Uptight University, and you're just using the patio table to sit and drink your coffee....who fucking cares?

I did this at Harvard a few years back.  Hell no I wasn't a student, but I was enjoying the grounds that morning and enjoying my coffee.  So I stayed.  I finished my coffee.  Enjoyed my coffee.  And I'm white, so I guess no problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I did this at Harvard a few years back.  Hell no I wasn't a student, but I was enjoying the grounds that morning and enjoying my coffee.  So I stayed.  I finished my coffee.  Enjoyed my coffee.  And I'm white, so I guess no problem.

Eventually your white priviledge will get you kicked out of Ha-vad square

Eventually your white priviledge will get you kicked out of Ha-vad square

I was wearing a suit, waiting to meet a client there for a morning coffee, waiting in the small vestibule of the Harvard Club in NYC, to get out of the snow and rain. Fuckers told me I had to wait outside...in the snow and rain.

My client shows up and I said “fuck your club, we’re going someplace else.”

I don’t think it was because I’m messican. I think it was because Harvard fucks are elitist assholes.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I was wearing a suit, waiting to meet a client there for a morning coffee, waiting in the small vestibule of the Harvard Club in NYC, to get out of the snow and rain. Fuckers told me I had to wait outside...in the snow and rain.

I don’t think it was because I’m messican. I think it was because Harvard fucks are elitist assholes.

It's Harvard what else would they be ?  

On 8/3/2018 at 10:38 PM, Brisketexan said:

Maybe you're not a student at Uptight University, and you're just using the patio table to sit and drink your coffee....who fucking cares?

Objection your honor. Asked and answered. I mean Smith isn't an NRA hotbed if you see what I mean.

Edited by Thetexashammer

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

You were discussing business weren't you?

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 3:28 PM, 'stache said:

I just can't imagine a situation of being suspicious that someone of any color "doesn't belong" to where it even makes sense to ask informally "hey, who are you, why are you here?"  Maybe an obvious homeless person or someone showing signs of substance abuse.  If it's just a person of color, what makes one think "they don't look like they belong?"  Is it really that hard to believe that black people go to college or live in gated communities?

Or even better.. "Hi, my name is ______.  I'm a a) student b) professor c) whatever here on campus. How's your lunch? What do you do here on campus?  Where are you from originally?  Do you also think that OU sux?"

I think it's still okay to be nice to people who don't look like us. Right?

• Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 3:38 PM, Brisketexan said:

Here's the real question -- even if they "don't belong"....if they aren't doing something harmful, who gives a fuck?  Maybe you're not a student at Uptight University, and you're just using the patio table to sit and drink your coffee....who fucking cares?

White people.

• Like 1

OTHER END OF THE SPECTRUM (from the BBC):

US drink-drive suspect tells police she's 'clean, white girl'

_102886270_beaufortco976.jpg

A US woman arrested after speeding through a stop sign asked police to let her off because she is "a clean, thoroughbred white girl", officers say. 

The arresting officer, who is white, detailed in his official report how Lauren Cutshaw, 32, appealed to him for special treatment based on her race.

When asked why, Ms Cutshaw replied: "You're a cop; you should know what that means," the report states.

She was arrested on Saturday night and also charged with drug possession.

Ms Cutshaw was pulled over after she drove through a stop sign at 60mph (96km/h) in Bluffton, South Carolina.

As officers began investigating, she argued that she should not be arrested.

Ms Cutshaw told officers she had perfect grades her whole life, was a cheerleader and sorority girl, had graduated from a "high accredited university" and that her partner was a police officer, according to a law enforcement report viewed by local news site The Island Packet.

The officer's report stated: "Making statements such as these as a means to justify not being arrested are unusual in my experience as a law enforcement officer and I believe further demonstrate the suspect's level of intoxication."

When she was pulled over, Ms Cutshaw's blood alcohol level registered at 0.18% - the legal limit is 0.08% - and she failed sobriety tests. 

Her eyes were bloodshot and glassy and she was slurring her words, police say.

She reportedly told officers she only drank two glasses of wine at an upmarket restaurant, saying: "I mean, I was celebrating my birthday."

Police also found marijuana and related paraphernalia in her car. According to the report, Ms Cutshaw said she "may have" smoked earlier that evening.

She was charged at the Beaufort County Detention Center with drink-driving, speeding and marijuana possession.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45119326

11 hours ago, Napoleon said:

A US woman arrested after speeding through a stop sign asked police to let her off because she is "a clean, thoroughbred white girl", officers say. 

The arresting officer, who is white, detailed in his official report how Lauren Cutshaw, 32, appealed to him for special treatment based on her race.

When asked why, Ms Cutshaw replied: "You're a cop; you should know what that means," the report states.

Ms Cutshaw was pulled over after she drove through a stop sign at 60mph (96km/h) in Bluffton, South Carolina.

Ms Cutshaw told officers she had perfect grades her whole life, was a cheerleader and sorority girl, had graduated from a "high accredited university" and that her partner was a police officer, according to a law enforcement report viewed by local news site The Island Packet.

The officer's report stated: "Making statements such as these as a means to justify not being arrested are unusual in my experience as a law enforcement officer and I believe further demonstrate the suspect's level of intoxication."

When she was pulled over, Ms Cutshaw's blood alcohol level registered at 0.18% - the legal limit is 0.08% - and she failed sobriety tests. 

She reportedly told officers she only drank two glasses of wine at an upmarket restaurant, saying: "I mean, I was celebrating my birthday."

Police also found marijuana and related paraphernalia in her car. According to the report, Ms Cutshaw said she "may have" smoked earlier that evening.

She was charged at the Beaufort County Detention Center with drink-driving, speeding and marijuana possession.

Need more pics for research purposes.

• Haha 1

Peterson ordered a Spicy Italian Sub at a Subway store in Jacksonville, Fla., last week. He ordered it with “the works.” To his mind, it didn’t come with the works.  “He tasted his sandwich, and it didn’t have mayonnaise or mustard on it, so he became upset,” said Tammy Morris, a manager at the store.  Witnesses inside the store said Peterson started screaming. Then he went outside to call 911, asking for help in having his sandwich made to his satisfaction. A short time later, he called again to complain that police still hadn’t shown up.  So they did, and they arrested Peterson on charges of making false 911 calls.

1525881673605.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Lulz at thoroughbred.  Who knows what she meant.  White sorority girl cheerleader.  Bred with thoroughly I’m sure.  

An Arkansas police officer is fired after telling a group of black men 'you don't belong in my city'

180809134857-01-arkansas-police-officer-
Officer Michael Moore was fired after his confrontation with a group of African-American men.

(CNN) An Arkansas police officer has been fired after telling a group of African-American men that "you don't belong in my city."

The July 21 encounter with England Police Officer Mike Moore was captured on video by one of the men, Demarcus Bunch, and posted on Facebook on Tuesday.

Bunch, 28, said he and a group of his friends met up in England -- a small city about 30 miles southeast of Little Rock -- to shoot a rap video in the neighborhood where he grew up. He said the officer watched them as they got together and then followed as they drove through town.

Bunch has an uncle who also is an England Police officer, so he said he and his cousin flagged Moore down so they could introduce themselves. 

"The reason I walked up (to him) recording is I could kind of feel -- I had a gut feeling -- that there was going to be a bad vibe from the way he followed us everywhere we went," Bunch told CNN. 

CNN has attempted to contact Moore but was unsuccessful. England Chief of Police Danna Powell confirmed in a one-sentence news release that Moore was fired on Wednesday.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/09/us/arkansas-officer-fired-trnd/index.html

State senator says woman called 911 on him for opposing Trump

A Brooklyn state senator says a woman called 911 on him while he was campaigning on a street corner in Crown Heights for “dividing people” by handing out literature critical of President Trump.    

State Sen. Jesse Hamilton (D-Brooklyn) says he was handing out campaign palm cards with the slogan “Fighting back Trump” on Empire Boulevard and Flatbush Avenue Thursday morning when a woman — who said in the video that she was a backer of the president — became “belligerent” over his opposition to Trump.

“She said, ‘You should not stand here.’ She said, ‘You are dividing people,’” Hamilton told The Post.  

A campaign staffer caught some of the interaction on video.

“If he really wants nation be as one and fight for the better life and live the better life you would not put this slogan here,” the woman can be heard saying in broken English.

The video ends with the woman walking away.

But moments later, around 8 a.m., she called 911 to complain that Hamilton was against Trump’s immigration policy, law enforcement sources confirmed. That call was not caught on video.

Cops showed up and explained to her that Hamilton wasn’t breaking any laws, sources said. The name of the woman was not available.

Hamilton, who is black, compared the interaction to recent stories of people calling the cops on people of color who are not doing anything wrong.

“The pattern of targeting Black men and women for being Black and alive in the communities we all share has to stop,” Hamilton wrote in a Facebook post Thursday.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/09/state-senator-says-woman-called-911-on-him-for-opposing-trump/

8 hours ago, Napoleon said:

State senator says woman called 911 on him for opposing Trump

A Brooklyn state senator says a woman called 911 on him while he was campaigning on a street corner in Crown Heights for “dividing people” by handing out literature critical of President Trump.    

State Sen. Jesse Hamilton (D-Brooklyn) says he was handing out campaign palm cards with the slogan “Fighting back Trump” on Empire Boulevard and Flatbush Avenue Thursday morning when a woman — who said in the video that she was a backer of the president — became “belligerent” over his opposition to Trump.

“She said, ‘You should not stand here.’ She said, ‘You are dividing people,’” Hamilton told The Post.  

A campaign staffer caught some of the interaction on video.

“If he really wants nation be as one and fight for the better life and live the better life you would not put this slogan here,” the woman can be heard saying in broken English.

The video ends with the woman walking away.

But moments later, around 8 a.m., she called 911 to complain that Hamilton was against Trump’s immigration policy, law enforcement sources confirmed. That call was not caught on video.

Cops showed up and explained to her that Hamilton wasn’t breaking any laws, sources said. The name of the woman was not available.

Hamilton, who is black, compared the interaction to recent stories of people calling the cops on people of color who are not doing anything wrong.

“The pattern of targeting Black men and women for being Black and alive in the communities we all share has to stop,” Hamilton wrote in a Facebook post Thursday.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/09/state-senator-says-woman-called-911-on-him-for-opposing-trump/

this one is...odd. maybe just her accent but feels more "political" and do what the government wants instead of just straight up racist. not sure she even knew the guy was a real politician. still fucked up anyway you look at it, but that section of town has a little bit of everything. Hell i think a western beef is still there, but that lady probably interacts with all kinds of people every day. there are recent as well as decades old established west indie immigrant communities, gentrifiers, hipsters, whites, blacks, some latinos to the west, lots of jews to east, rich families, poor families, rich mixed race families, some ghetto ass section 8 folk to the north, college students, even seen an asian guy in a van pick up 5-6 asian twenty-something chicks every night in the early evening outside a normal apt building during the winter all within 4 blocks from that spot. just feels more authoritarian than I don't like black people.

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I like that her pals said it happened because she suffers from a “mental condition.”

Yes. It’s called “being a fucking racist asshole.” It’s apparently a quite common condition.

WTF is wrong with people? Why in the fuck do they do this shit?

They have mental conditions.

On 8/8/2018 at 6:13 PM, Pancho Negro said:

Christ, not the Allsups!!?!?!  I love those burritos!

I am genuinely curious on you’re take on something along that line of thinking.

Tourist in NYC, who happens to be white, gets cold cocked in the head and dies on the pavement as a result of the injuries. Initial stories state that the tourist was “knocking” on car windows trying to find his Uber driver in the early hours of the morning after a relative’s wedding. The driver that threw the punch fled the scene. A few days later, said driver turns himself in and is identified as an Asst Coach at Wake Forest, who happens to be black. All of a sudden the reporting news stories claim the tourist was “drunkenly banging” on car windows trying to find his Uber. This is a major shift in reporting on how the events played out. The tourist started off as the victim who made an innocent mistake. However after the driver was identified as a black male, who is a coach at a famous basketball school, the narrative suggests that the tourist may have played a more substantial role in becoming the agent of his own demise. I couldn’t tell you why this happened. Maybe there is video, maybe a witness stepped forward or maybe the reporting is based off the now identified perpetrator. We do know that someone died due to hitting their head on the pavement after getting punched, someone fled the scene of the incident and an eye witness gave a statement.

My question is this: Because the Coach is black, and the tourist was white, was this a hate crime? If the roles/races were reversed, would you claim it as such? 

Edited by Spankytoes
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

Tourist in NYC, who happens to be white, gets cold cocked in the head and dies on the pavement as a result of the injuries. Initial stories state that the tourist was “knocking” on car windows trying to find his Uber driver in the early hours of the morning after a relative’s wedding. The driver that threw the punch fled the scene. A few days later, said driver turns himself in and is identified as an Asst Coach at Wake Forest, who happens to be black. All of a sudden the reporting news stories claim the tourist was “drunkenly banging” on car windows trying to find his Uber. This is a major shift in reporting on how the events played out. The tourist started off as the victim who made an innocent mistake. However after the driver was identified as a black male, who is a coach at a famous basketball school, the narrative suggests that the tourist may have played a more substantial role in becoming the agent of his own demise. I couldn’t tell you why this happened. Maybe there is video, maybe a witness stepped forward or maybe the reporting is based off the now identified perpetrator. We do know that someone died due to hitting their head on the pavement after getting punched, someone fled the scene of the incident and an eye witness gave a statement.

My question is this: Because the Coach is black, and the tourist was white, was this a hate crime? If the roles/races were reversed, would you claim it as such? 

i was wondering about this story before it was reported it was the WF asst coach. when they said someone was knocking on multiple car doors looking for their uber, i immediately thought they were drunk and being obnoxious. i mean, who does that? you have the license plate, make/model, leave cars the fuck alone. get close but no reason to knock. especially in new york! side note: always bothered me that ride share apps don't say the color of the vehicle but that should probably go in the trivial surly thread.

nevertheless, ride share apps have been around for years now across the country, so unless you're drunk or a fucking moron, never seen anyone go from car to car knocking on windows in any state; call it banging or knocking, doesn't matter. if i see someone doing that, first thought is they are trying to steal a car, regardless of race. second thought is they're drunk as shit to the point they don't think to look at a license plate or model before knocking. and drunk as shit people can be dangerous. that being said, a person's first reaction to window knocking/banging should NOT be punching. really want to see the video of the altercation; only seen a grainy video of the suv (think it was a white one) driving off but not the actual hit. not sure who is at fault but all i know is one life is tragically over, one is possibly ruined and there is definitely more to this story. 

has the coverage changed? i know it said the decedent went to numerous cars knocking (which i thought should have always been reported he was drunk; they only said he had been at a wedding earlier and it was late so i took that as a nice way of saying he was hammered), then we found out about the WF guy.  interesting that the main attribute of the WF guy you noticed was their skin color and not their possible connections, power, influence behind the scenes with media/etc, money (granted asst coaches don't make millions but it is six figures), alumni connections, coaching circles connections, etc. To use your logic from before, i see nothing to indicate any possible coverage change is attributable to race. I believe if there was any change, it is attributable to the more plausible reasons that usually occur when people of position, power, money, and influence get involved in a case with a joe schmo of lower status, money, and influence.

10 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

Lulz. Absolutely he would claim it as such. And the hate crime label is asinine. 

20 minutes ago, achooloco said:

i was wondering about this story before it was reported it was the WF asst coach. when they said someone was knocking on multiple car doors looking for their uber, i immediately thought they were drunk and being obnoxious. i mean, who does that? you have the license plate, make/model, leave cars the fuck alone. get close but no reason to knock. especially in new york! side note: always bothered me that ride share apps don't say the color of the vehicle but that should probably go in the trivial surly thread.

nevertheless, ride share apps have been around for years now across the country, so unless you're drunk or a fucking moron, never seen anyone go from car to car knocking on windows in any state; call it banging or knocking, doesn't matter. if i see someone doing that, first thought is they are trying to steal a car, regardless of race. second thought is they're drunk as shit to the point they don't think to look at a license plate or model before knocking. and drunk as shit people can be dangerous. that being said, a person's first reaction to window knocking/banging should NOT be punching. really want to see the video of the altercation; only seen a grainy video of the suv (think it was a white one) driving off but not the actual hit. not sure who is at fault but all i know is one life is tragically over, one is possibly ruined and there is definitely more to this story. 

has the coverage changed? i know it said the decedent went to numerous cars knocking (which i thought should have always been reported he was drunk; they only said he had been at a wedding earlier and it was late so i took that as a nice way of saying he was hammered), then we found out about the WF guy.  interesting that the main attribute of the WF guy you noticed was their skin color and not their possible connections, power, influence behind the scenes with media/etc, money (granted asst coaches don't make millions but it is six figures), alumni connections, coaching circles connections, etc. To use your logic from before, i see nothing to indicate any possible coverage change is attributable to race. I believe if there was any change, it is attributable to the more plausible reasons that usually occur when people of position, power, money, and influence get involved in a case with a joe schmo of lower status, money, and influence.

The guy was a moron, even if he was drunk. What I see above is a whole bunch of justification for a guy committed manslaughter.