Running thread of white people calling cops on people of color for everyday stuff...

Pancho

25 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

I said it on this thread 5+ pages back but middle and upper class white women have been so convinced that their safety is so easily threatened that the slightest perception of risk justifies a laundry list of ridiculous actions. This includes racial profiling is ok because “safety”. Even daily hassles like returning your cart at the grocery store are no match for “safety”. I know plenty of these types and try to bring up statistics to no avail. I learned quickly that actual “safety” doesn’t even matter. They want to FEEL safe. Sorry black folks, their feelings are more important than you living life without the cops being called on you for walking down the street. 

Rant over.

Kind of a lame Rant....  Lame rants hardly ever use the word statistics in the actual rant.

15 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

I said it on this thread 5+ pages back but middle and upper class white women have been so convinced that their safety is so easily threatened that the slightest perception of risk justifies a laundry list of ridiculous actions. This includes racial profiling is ok because “safety”. Even daily hassles like returning your cart at the grocery store are no match for “safety”. I know plenty of these types and try to bring up statistics to no avail. I learned quickly that actual “safety” doesn’t even matter. They want to FEEL safe. Sorry black folks, their feelings are more important than you living life without the cops being called on you for walking down the street. 

Rant over.

If you see something, say something.  That's the only way white people can feel safe, and isn't that what's really important?

16 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Rant over.

It's a weird dynamic in some suburban neighborhoods, particularly gated communities... where the inhabitants all convince themselves that the world outside their walls is Thunderdome, and that they're so safe and cozy in their dull ass piece of shit house.  Then they basically imprison themselves and stand sentinel waiting for signs of the anarchy of the outside world creeping into their little Pleasantville.

The concept of safety is a myth anyway. There's common sense, and that's it. Anything else is like buying two lottery tickets and thinking it helps your odds. If you just so happen to cross paths with the wrong person at the wrong time, you're likely fucked. Fortunately that all happens far, far, far less often than the scaredy cats hiding in their houses will realize or admit.

Edited by TornACL
  • Like 1

They pulled over a woman driving her grandson home.  From church.

There are only two possibilities here.  Both are really bad.

1 -- some citizen called in a report of a crime being committed because....a young black guy was in a car with an older white woman, and that was the SOLE BASIS for the call.

2 -- the cops observed a young black guy in a car with an older white woman, and that was the SOLE BASIS for the stop.

EDIT -- And I read up on it....the supposed basis was a couple walking down the street who flagged down the cop car.  No call (so no record of a call), just flagged down the car.  And the couple was supposedly black.  I'll be looking for any proof that such "flagging down" actually happened.

For fuck's sake.  Fuck this shit.  All of it.  If I was a black person, I'd want to burn this whole fucking country to the ground.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 1

And if it was, the narrative will be?

That we’ve got a fucked up perception that is pervasive in society on every level. AND...I’ll want to know what questions the cops asked the couple, along the lines of “and what led you to believe a crime was taking place?”

The facts will remain that a young black male went to church with his grandma, was doing nothing more than riding in a car, and ended up cuffed.

If you’re a young black male, doing everything right (for fucks sake, he was coming home from CHURCH....with GRANDMA), how in the hell can you ever think you even have a chance of getting a fair shake?

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

They pulled over a woman driving her grandson home.  From church.

There are only two possibilities here.  Both are really bad.

1 -- some citizen called in a report of a crime being committed because....a young black guy was in a car with an older white woman, and that was the SOLE BASIS for the call.

2 -- the cops observed a young black guy in a car with an older white woman, and that was the SOLE BASIS for the stop.

EDIT -- And I read up on it....the supposed basis was a couple walking down the street who flagged down the cop car.  No call (so no record of a call), just flagged down the car.  And the couple was supposedly black.  I'll be looking for any proof that such "flagging down" actually happened.

For fuck's sake.  Fuck this shit.  All of it.  If I was a black person, I'd want to burn this whole fucking country to the ground.

For Christ’s sake shut the fuck up. 

On 9/3/2018 at 9:53 PM, Larry T. Spider said:

Rant over.

It affects so many things, this need to "feel safe."  Muh feels.

If the police got a report of a suspected crime in progress, then I would think they have the discretion to investigate.  Based upon the dash cam video, the officer probably followed protocol by having the suspect exit the car, hands up, walk back, etc.  Officer didn't seem outrageous or anything.

If the officers just pulled over grandma because a black kid was sitting next to her, then that's jacked up.

21 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

If the police got a report of a suspected crime in progress, then I would think they have the discretion to investigate.  Based upon the dash cam video, the officer probably followed protocol by having the suspect exit the car, hands up, walk back, etc.  Officer didn't seem outrageous or anything.

If the officers just pulled over grandma because a black kid was sitting next to her, then that's jacked up.

But the first part is the problem too and really what the thread is about.  Someone reported a crime in progress.  Because a black person and a white person were in the same car.  

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

But the first part is the problem too and really what the thread is about.  Someone reported a crime in progress.  Because a black person and a white person were in the same car.  

And there's a problem with both the report, AND what the police did to substantiate the report before taking action.

"Hey, officer, that guy Jerry Callo over there is in the act of robbing that lady he's riding with."  I would very much hope the officer would ask "ok...what did he do that makes you think that?"  That would elicit SOMETHING -- as a cop, I need SOME basis to pull someone over, point a gun at them, and handcuff them, other than some THIRD PARTY thinks he "looks suspicious."

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

You're right.  I was more addressing the guy who shot the phone video and his focus on the police.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

And there's a problem with both the report, AND what the police did to substantiate the report before taking action.

"Hey, officer, that guy Jerry Callo over there is in the act of robbing that lady he's riding with."  I would very much hope the officer would ask "ok...what did he do that makes you think that?"  That would elicit SOMETHING -- as a cop, I need SOME basis to pull someone over, point a gun at them, and handcuff them, other than some THIRD PARTY thinks he "looks suspicious."

True and without any details on the report, we really don't know.  Junior could have been riding along yelling and screaming at grandma because she was taking too damn long getting back to church and his behavior might might have been perceived as threatening.

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:

True and without any details on the report, we really don't know.  Junior could have been riding along yelling and screaming at grandma because she was taking too damn long getting back to church and his behavior might might have been perceived as threatening.

You bet.  That would be a helpful piece of information to have.

3 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Daniel Shaver was a 26 year old black man who was shot and killed because in the midst of a very terrifying situation he misunderstood police directions. He was begging the cops not to shoot him. The directions the cops gave him were bullshit. "Keep your hands in the air, walk backwards where you can't see. Don't make any sudden movements." And you sure as shit better not accidentaly trip and fall while walking backwards while three cops point loaded weapons at you. As soon as I saw that kid take a step in the wrong direction, I thought he was going to be shot and killed by the cops. That shit is real. That shit happens. And it's FUCKED UP.

3 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

No yelling at granny while black. Might get pulled over and cuffed by the cops.

Edited by irishtexan

On 9/8/2018 at 1:44 PM, BLKNSTY said:

http://

Florida + Stand Your Ground, with an interesting twist.

I don't like to throw around "white privilege" a whole lot, but is this not the definition of it? White dude knows black dude has a gun, and he fucking punches him anyway, and then has the audacity to claim that he never punched black dude! And he knows the black guy won't shoot his dumb ass. If the races were reversed here, is there any doubt that a white guy with the gun would have shot the black dude that punched him? And that he would have got away with it? 

This is unbelievable.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I don't like to throw around "white privilege" a whole lot, but is this not the definition of it? White dude knows black dude has a gun, and he fucking punches him anyway, and then has the audacity to claim that he never punched black dude! And he knows the black guy won't shoot his dumb ass. If the races were reversed here, is there any doubt that a white guy with the gun would have shot the black dude that punched him? And that he would have got away with it? 

This is unbelievable.  

moral of the story.  only pussies use guns.

Not only that but he took it really easy on the old man with that punch. I guess it's possible he has no idea how to punch but even then with his size, a clear shot, and no defense from the old man I don't think that's the reason he didn't lay him out. While watching it my fear was I was going to watch the back of the old man's head slam into the pavement.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6158453/White-man-pulls-gun-black-students-stop-getting-friends-apartment-block.html

no big deal.

Footage posted on Twitter shows a man, identified as Don Crandall, blocking the entrance of several black Florida A&M University students to the Stadium Center student accommodation in Tallahassee last Saturday.

In the clip a group of students including Isaiah Butterfield, who filmed the incident, can be seen in a heated conversation with Crandall who at one point pulls out a gun.

Crandall had reportedly confronted the students as they waited outside the block for a friend to let them in to attend a party. 

'Find another elevator, you can't get in this one,' Crandall can be heard saying as he blocks their way into the building.

'Why not? Do you own the building?' the students asked.

'Because you don't belong in this building,' he replied, before adding, 'You ain't got a key for the building, you don't belong in the elevator.'

Footage of the incident was posted on Twitter by Butterfield and is being investigated by Tallahassee police.

'We are sick of the discrimination,' Butterfield wrote alongside the tweet.

'Never thought I'd have a personal experience with racism like this, this man pulled a gun on us because we were walking up to my friends apartment w/o a key.'

Butterfield later told ABC News he believed Crandall had been trying to 'provoke' the students in order to use his weapon. 

'Once we found out he had the gun, it turned into a whole different situation,' Butterfield said.

'We really think he was trying to provoke us to the point where it got violent so he could retaliate with the gun. I knew that if this dude even feels threatened, he's going to find any excuse to pull the trigger.' 

Twitter users later identified the man in the video as Crandall, the manager of a local hotel Baymont by Wyndham.

In a post on Instagram, the hotel confirmed his identity and said that he was no longer working there.

A spokesperson for Stadium Center also confirmed that Crandall did not live in the apartment block.

5011A2D200000578-6158453-image-a-11_1536

And the dumbass promptly lost his job as a local hotel general manager.

Here’s the question....why in the fuck did he think it was necessary to play Steve Security Guard in an apartment complex where he didn’t even live? It’s like he was actively looking for a confrontation. WTF happened to minding your own damned business? I mean, if you see someone being hurt, sure, step in and be a Good Samaritan. But being a busybody is just being a busybody.

The whole thing just screams crazy. It's not like black college-aged people would seem out of place at a Florida A&M student housing center. And it's not like he would think he's protecting a bunch of white kids living there from black intruders, I would think there's an extremely large percentage of black residents in a FAMU student apartment building.

He just seems crazy and dumb.

Edited to add:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_A%26M_University#Demographics

FAMU student body is 83.4% black.

Edited by Huckleberry
Student data

Okay, the dude who got the cops called on him here was white, but still....what the FUCK is wrong with people?

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/lake-georgetown-park-worker-fired-following-viral-video-of-her-screaming-at-driver/269-593423807

Lady calls the cops, screams that he's running her over, wants him arrested...and I truly have no idea why.   The guy didn't do a damned thing to her. 

What is the goddamned desire to create confrontation and drama?  Where does that come from?  Why didn't she handle this the way any sane person would -- if you step outside to see a car entering after hours, ask "May I help you?"  He says yeah, I made a wrong turn, how do I get back to the main road?  And you answer "well, you just make a u-turn here, and you'll head straight back to the main road in about 200 yards."  There.  It's that easy.  

The only upside here is that the ubiquity of recording devices means that people behaving like this get called out for it and suffer the consequences.  That crazy gal isn't working at the lake anymore.

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

That woman seriously appears to be having a psychotic break. I am glad the man recording did not have anything bad happen as a result of it, but I also feel only sympathy for the woman rather than disgust or disdain. She genuinely seems unwell and like she literally believes she has been run over.

But she made the initial choice to create a confrontation.  People choose confrontation instead of leaving people the hell alone.  That's the mystery to me.

And I don't think she came across as crazy.  She just came across as a bitch.