Running thread of white people calling cops on people of color for everyday stuff...

Pancho

10 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Well to be fair, I don't remember ever being allowed to put my feet up on a desk or chair in any classroom I was ever in.

In a stadium-seating auditorium like the one from that video, I remember putting my feet up on the chair in front of me if no one were in it. I suppose there could have been extenuating circumstances in this case. Maybe the professor asked her nicely and she was an obstinate bitch and refused to comply. Still, in that case you let it go for the remainder of class, talk to her after class, and if further discipline is required you involve the Dean or the appropriate University authority. You don't call the the goddamn cops. This is not an emergency. How a University professor doesn't understand that is beyond me. 

Well to be fair, I don't remember ever being allowed to put my feet up on a desk or chair in any classroom I was ever in.
That was always a big No-No when I was in school.
Dismissing them from the class is as far as it should go (I think that would be stupid but it's understandable at some level). Calling the cops is absurd and deserves at least a suspension.
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Dismissing them from the class is as far as it should go (I think that would be stupid but it's understandable at some level). Calling the cops is absurd and deserves at least a suspension.

I had a physics prof at UT (Cooker?, Coker? something like that) that would kick people out for reading the paper during his lectures. He would get pretty pissed, but the only time he ever called the cops was when some homeless guy was in the lecture hall.

5 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I had a physics prof at UT (Cooker?, Coker? something like that) that would kick people out for reading the paper during his lectures. He would get pretty pissed, but the only time he ever called the cops was when some homeless guy was in the lecture hall.

Was he an engineering physics prof? I think I remember him being an obstinate son of bitch when kids would read the paper. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/retired-firefighter-who-fired-shotgun-black-teen-asking-directions-gets-n935611?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma&utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

A white retired firefighter in Michigan found guilty of firing a shotgun from his porch at a black teenager who knocked on his front door because he was lost was sentenced Tuesday to four to 10 years in prison.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

10 years is too short.  the black kid had done nothing wrong except go to the wrong house to ask for directions and was running away.  fucking racist piece of shit should be put to death.

On 11/2/2018 at 9:49 AM, Catdaddyhorn said:

I have a problem with this from two separate angles:

1.  What the fuck are these kids thinking?   When will they learn that what goes on social media gets around.   Stupid on so many levels.   And of course being racist cunts just makes it that much easier to dislike them.

But my much bigger problem is....

2.  If this occurred off premises, how does the school have any recourse?   The school is a government institution.   If this happens on campus, discipline away.   Make their lives miserable.  But actions that happen off campus should be free from repercussions by a governmental organization.   Free speech, no matter how vile or bigoted applies here, right?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Because in Southlake, the school is wrapped into every aspect of that community. 

So a government worker who says something offensive on Facebook can be disciplined at work too?  And don't bring up the pole dancing school teacher who got fired.

I'm saying the school is the identity of that community. That's why the school said something and might discipline them. I'm not arguing if it's proper or not. Whatever these little morons get will be a slap on the wrist like community service. 

Edited by mdmost

33 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Schools have a lot of leeway in doing things to maintain safety and discipline at school. If their presence at school creates a likelihood of violent response from other students then that could constitute grounds for removing them from campus.

This.

Imagine that a white student group says that they support the extermination of all black people over the weekend.

Then, on Monday, those students all show up at school and have to walk the halls and attend class with 500 black students, and those 500 black students have to mingle and work with those white students.  Do you think, just maybe, that the educational environment might be a bit iffy in that case?

45 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Schools have a lot of leeway in doing things to maintain safety and discipline at school. If their presence at school creates a likelihood of violent response from other students then that could constitute grounds for removing them from campus.

And that's a fair comment.   Along with what Brisket wrote below. 

2 hours ago, Macanudo said:

I have a problem with this from two separate angles:

1.  What the fuck are these kids thinking?   When will they learn that what goes on social media gets around.   Stupid on so many levels.   And of course being racist cunts just makes it that much easier to dislike them.

But my much bigger problem is....

2.  If this occurred off premises, how does the school have any recourse?   The school is a government institution.   If this happens on campus, discipline away.   Make their lives miserable.  But actions that happen off campus should be free from repercussions by a governmental organization.   Free speech, no matter how vile or bigoted applies here, right?

No. "The government" did nothing to prevent them from saying whatever they wanted.

Chanting racist slurs is almost assuredly against the student code of conduct, as well as the athlete code of conduct. I'm going to guess, however, that no student athlete will be missing this week's playoff game.

People getting fired from their jobs for doing odious shit happens all the time. Punishing students for doing odious shit (even off campus) is no different.

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

People getting fired from their jobs for doing odious shit happens all the time. Punishing students for doing odious shit (even off campus) is no different.

Not true.   The PRIVATE employer fires their ignorant asses.   There is no repercussion from the government for being a moron.  

6 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I’m not sure you can equate a job to going to school. Neither working for a private company, school district, nor the government are required by law. Attending school more or less is.

Yeah, you have fewer rights as a student in the name of maintaining order. 

"Bong hits for Jesus" is protected speech and might not get you fired but it is likely to get a student some disciplinary action. 

Looks like social media mobs got an innocent girl fired after being accused of racism.

Chipotle rehires Minnesota manager fired over racial discrimination claims after alleged victim's dine-and-dash tweets surface

Fast-food giant Chipotle rehired a manager of one of its Minnesota franchises it had fired after she was recorded in a series of viral cellphone videos refusing to serve a group of young black men unless they paid first.

The restaurant chain said in a statement Monday that it reversed it's decision after it "spent the last few days reviewing the evidence available to us regarding the incident."

The company had earlier said it was aware that one of the alleged victims who claimed that he and his friends were racially profiled had previously boasted on Twitter about dine-and-dash incidentsspecifically targeting Chipotle.

"Based on our review, we have offered our manager her job back," Laurie Schalow, chief communications officer for Chipotle, said in a statement to ABC News Monday afternoon. "While our normal protocol was not followed serving these customers, we publicly apologize to our manager for being put in this position. We will work to continue to ensure that we support a respectful workplace for our employees and our customers alike."

The incident occurred on Thursday at a Chipotle on Grand Avenue in St. Paul, Minnesota, when five young black men walked in about 4 p.m. and asked to be served.

Masud Ali/Twitter

In a video posted on Twitter Friday by one of the men, Masud Ali, 21, which garnered tens of thousands of likes and retweets, an unidentified female manager tells the group, "You gotta pay because you never have money when you come here."

The group begins yelling at the manager and other staffers that they are being "stereotyped." They continued to berate the manager and a staffer who asked them to calm down when a white customer who came in after them was served without being asked to pay up front.

"We're not going to make food unless you guys actually have money," a server said in the video.

After the video went viral on Twitter, Chipotle announced on Saturday that it had fired the manager and made the staff of the restaurant undergo "re-training to prevent this incident from happening again."

"Our policy is to treat our customers and employees fairly and with respect at all times and under any circumstances. We will work with all our restaurant teams to ensure they are prepared to handle situations of this kind and know they have our full support," Schalow said in her statement Monday. "We are committed to doing the right thing and acting in a manner consistent with a thoughtful, fact-driven approach."

But other Twitter users came the manager's defense, alerting Chipotle of the previous tweets allegedly posted by Ali in which he joked about dine-and-dash incidents at St. Paul restaurants, including Chipotle.

"Not dine and dash we're just borrowing the food for a couple of hours that's all," Ali allegedly quipped in one Tweet from July 2015.

In another tweet in March 2015, he allegedly wrote, "Dine and dash is forever interesting" and added three emojis of laughing and crying faces.

(MORE: From 'BBQ Becky' to 'Golfcart Gail,' list of unnecessary 911 calls made on blacks continues to grow)

In January 2016, Ali tweeted: "aye man I think Chipotle catching up to us fam … should we change locations…"

The tweets have since been taken down, but Twitter users defending the manager posted screen grabs of them over the weekend.

Efforts by ABC News to reach Ali for comment Monday were unsuccessful.

(MORE: More than 350 people report getting sick from Ohio Chipotle: Officials)

"Our actions were based on the facts known to us immediately after the incident, including video footage, social media posts and conversations with the customer, manager, and our employees," Laurie Schalow, Chipotle's chief communications officer, said in an email to the St. Paul Pioneer Press newspaper.

(MORE: Chipotle Will Deliver to These 40 College Campuses This Fall)

Schalow said the company was aware of Ali's previous tweets before it fired the manager, but claimed "additional information" has prompted the company to investigate further and consider rehiring the manager. She declined to elaborate on the additional information the company received.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/chipotle-reconsiders-firing-minnesota-manager-racial-discrimination-claims/story?id=59290506

14 hours ago, immortal13 said:

At Chipotle, don't you have to pay for your food at the counter before receiving it?

In the Twitter thread, someone explained that Chipotle's credit card system runs on a delay to keep the line moving. It runs the card a minute later but prints the receipt immediately. So these guys got their food and then took off before the cashier gets the notification that the card has declined or was fake. 

9-year Air Force vet?  Whatever.  Court Appointed Visitation Supervisor?  Who cares.  But most importantly...African American?  Of course.

Yogurt shop employees get their boss to call cops because a man in the shop is looking at his phone and looking at them.  They never talk to him or ask why he's there.  Turns out, he's overseeing a visitation of a non-custody parent and her son.  Police still tell him to "move along" and leave the shop.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/unwanted-subject-what-led-a-kirkland-yogurt-shop-to-call-police-on-a-black-man/

• Like 1

Just remember folks, the Second Amendment and Open Carry are sacred, and they allow for "a good guy with a gun,"* who is the modern American version of a saint, and we should all hope that just such a fellow should walk among us to save us all.....

.....unless of course he's black, in which case the possession of a firearm in the vicinity of an ongoing crime is ACTUALLY proof that he's a dangerous thug and should be executed on sight.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46333970

* Second Amendment, Open Carry, and "good guy with a gun" concepts are not valid for black people.

Second time in the past few weeks that a black good samaritan has been blown away by the cops.  Seriously, why would a black man in America even TRY to do the right thing?  Try to help?  Get shot because you must be a thug.  Run away?  Get shot because only bad guys run away.  Stay put? Get caught in the crossfire.  There are literally ZERO good options if you're black.  If you're someplace where the cops are going to come, you've already lost.

Edited by Brisketexan

And this “good guy with a gun” was practically a Hollywood scriptwriter’s dream.

Multi generational active duty military, home for the holidays out shopping with family, and his father is a police officer.

The NRA would have creamed their pants over this guy.

But his black skin trumped all of that.

And now a guy who was living the kind of life we preach and scream about is dead and the actual shooter escaped.

What a disgusting tragedy.

4ad2b2eec35db3334c784854c9a38849.jpg

On 11/21/2018 at 4:50 PM, TexLonghorn said:

9-year Air Force vet?  Whatever.  Court Appointed Visitation Supervisor?  Who cares.  But most importantly...African American?  Of course.

Yogurt shop employees get their boss to call cops because a man in the shop is looking at his phone and looking at them.  They never talk to him or ask why he's there.  Turns out, he's overseeing a visitation of a non-custody parent and her son.  Police still tell him to "move along" and leave the shop.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/unwanted-subject-what-led-a-kirkland-yogurt-shop-to-call-police-on-a-black-man/

Not a call from a white person. Disqualified