Running thread of white people calling cops on people of color for everyday stuff...

Pancho

4 hours ago, staboner said:

ain't gonna watch it.

fucking police and corrupt DAs. no telling how many black/brown folks have had their lives ruined by this BS. just unreal. in this country. :( 

It's bad. The guy was getting down BEFORE they fired on him, and you can actually hear one of the cops yell "get down" one more time AFTER he was shot and on the ground. Why shoot him? He was unarmed, arms to the side showing his hands, and getting down. I guess he didn't comply fast enough.. And shame on the fucking city of Milwaukee for trying to keep this video from the public. They knew this was police misconduct, despite the investigation results claiming the shooting was justified. He should get many millions for this....just an outrage all the way around. 

• Like 1

3 of the cops who are accused of lying about the Laquan McDonald shooting are now on trial.  Maybe if they go down other cops will think twice before a coverup. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/11/27/laquan-mcdonald-shooting-chicago-cops-accused-coverup-trial/2123186002/

CHICAGO – The three police officers charged with conspiring to cover up a fellow officer's actions in the police shooting death of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald failed their oath to protect all city residents and focused instead on protecting a single colleague, prosecutors argued Tuesday.

The trial of former Detective David March, former Officer Joseph Walsh and Officer Thomas Gaffney opened Tuesday less than two months after former Officer Jason Van Dyke was found guilty of second-degree murder and aggravated battery in the 2014 shooting death of the black teen.

1 hour ago, immortal13 said:

It's bad. The guy was getting down BEFORE they fired on him, and you can actually hear one of the cops yell "get down" one more time AFTER he was shot and on the ground. Why shoot him? He was unarmed, arms to the side showing his hands, and getting down. I guess he didn't comply fast enough.. And shame on the fucking city of Milwaukee for trying to keep this video from the public. They knew this was police misconduct, despite the investigation results claiming the shooting was justified. He should get many millions for this....just an outrage all the way around. 

i agree with everything except the millions.  yes he's in entitled to millions, but it's the tax payers who feel that punishment, not the cops or the DA.  only way to stop this shit is to prosecute both the DA and the cops.

Fucking despicable the way that POS cop yanks on the baby. WTF? Reading down the thread, someone says she was sitting on floor by the door and they told her to move and she wasn't cooperative. So they called the cops and then this ensued. Pure fucking bullshit. How the fuck is this okay in that guy's head to pull on her baby like that? Why didn't anyone of them de-escalate the situation? Fuuuuck.

1 hour ago, Mole said:

That's nuts. Short of clear and immediate danger, there's no reason to be yanking on a kid like that.

Fucking a-men! Charges should be filed against her for assault of a child. 

Whoops, silly me I forgot cops get to do whatever they want. Gotta get home safe and all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Why didn't anyone of them de-escalate the situation? 

What's that mean? Does that mean shoot her and her kid? 

2 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

I wonder if there’s any type of security camera footage that shows what happened prior. I couldn’t just start tanking on some kid like that unless some serious shit was going on.

Unless the child had just ingested lit dynamite I can't come up with something that could have happened prior that would justify this.

2 hours ago, immortal13 said:

Holy fucking shit. And for a paycheck that was $1000!! Not $10,000 folks.....$1000 dollars. That is insane and someone should be fired just for being fucking stupid....and racist.

They would have lost their shit during the Barnett Shale boom. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6529349/Shocking-video-shows-white-man-berate-black-tenant-apartment-building.html

An African-American man says he was racially profiled by a neighbor who lives in the same New York City apartment building - the latest in a series of incidents in which white people have hassled black people for going about routine activities.

Chika Okafor, 29, who is black, posted video on social media Thursday showing him and his friend, who is also black, being confronted in his Upper West Side apartment building by a white neighbor.

The two men were said to be waiting for a Lyft ride when they were accosted by a man, who is white, who claimed to be a resident in the building.

The unidentified man appeared to be in his 50s. He was wearing a blue baseball cap and had graying hair and a white mustache.

Okafor, who works for the sports news site Bleacher Report, wrote on his Facebook page: ‘I was racially profiled in my apartment complex last night.

‘While I was with my friend Cassius Flemming waiting for a Lyft ride on the first floor of the building that I have lived in since mid-December of last year, this man interrogated me about where I live.

‘As you can see, he thought that he was entitled to know who I was and where I lived simply because, according to him, he lived there for 27 years.

‘The arrogance is appalling but honestly, not surprising because far too many times people of color have been victims of this kind of behavior.’

The incident brings to mind other instances this past year in which whites have complained to police against blacks for doing routine activities.

In April, Jennifer Shulte was widely ridiculed on social media as 'Barbecue Becky' when she called the police on a black family and their usage of a charcoal grill in an Oakland park.

Allison Ettel would get her own nickname after calling the San Francisco police on an eight-year-old black girl who was selling bottled water. 

Hillary Thorton - also known as Apartment Patty - physically blocked 24-year-old D'Arreion Toles from entering his own St. Louis apartment on October 12. 

The clip shows the older gentleman talking in an animated fashion to the two younger men.

‘Why don’t you speak to me like a normal guy?’ one of the black men tells the white man.

‘What are you doing in my building? You don’t live here,’ the white man responds.

‘He lives right upstairs,’ Flemming tells the white man.

‘You don’t live here. I’ve never seen you before. I’ve lived here 27 years,’ he responds.

‘Why are you doing this?’ Flemming asks.

To which the white man replies: ‘You’re smooth. You’re smooth. You’re the smooth king.’

‘We live here,’ they insist.

‘What apartment do you live in? Let’s talk about that,’ the suspecting man replies.

‘It’s none of your business,’ they tell him.

‘I do it to white people, too,’ the man shoots back.

Then one of the black men says: ‘We heard you at the door. We heard you say, “Who the F are these guys?”

‘Do you own this building?’ they ask him.

‘Yes, I do,’ he says.

i mean, that's totally normal behavior.

why can't people just mind their fucking business?

Portland, OR Doubletree hotel calls cops, kicks out guest for telephoning while black.

https://www.oregonlive.com/business/2018/12/portland-hotel-calls-cops-on-black-guest-in-lobby.html

Jermaine Massey had just seen Travis Scott perform at the Moda Center on Sunday night and returned to his hotel when he saw that his mother had called.

She lives on the East Coast, so he assumed if she called so late, something must be wrong. So he sat down in the lobby of the DoubleTree Hotel in the Lloyd District to take the call before going up to his room.

Massey recounted what came next in a series of Instagram videos that have gone viral. Massey, from Kent, Washington, says in them that he was targeted by a security guard because he is black and that this led to Massey being kicked out of the hotel and having to find a new one near midnight.

(...)

One of Massey’s videos shows where he was sitting, tucked away in a group of comfortable chairs away from the main part of the lobby. Massey, 34, said he was sitting there when a white security guard approached him and interrupted Massey’s phone call to ask if Massey was a staying at the hotel.

Massey said he was. The guard then asked what room number.

According to Massey, that is when he became irritated and told the guard that he was on a phone call and that he doesn’t remember his room number off the top of his head.

The guard then had a manager call police. In the recording of the incident Massey posted, the guard says that he was calling the cops because Massey was loitering, despite Massey holding his room key card.

Massey said in a video after the incident that the guard told him he thought Massey was a threat to other people’s safety.

Massey, who was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt with bright lettering, jeans and sneakers, contended that the white guests who were walking in and out of the hotel and milling about the lobby were not stopped. Several times, he suggests that he was singled out because he was black, to which neither the manager or guard responds.

After the manager called the police, he asked Massey and the guard what happened and told Massey to “calm down” and that the guard had the right to alert police and wouldn’t have done so without cause

I'd say he was being pretty calm in the video, given the circumstances, when the manager told him to "calm down."  I guess the manager thought he was getting a little uppity.