Running thread of white people calling cops on people of color for everyday stuff...

Pancho

Womp womp.

Sorry not sorry. These folks are scum, incompatible with a civilized society. Fuck treating them with “understanding” and “a listening ear.” Fuck “hearing the pained voice of the forgotten man.” If you choose the path of hate, you have opted out of the rules of civilized society. You chose your fate. Now, suffer it.

We cannot reason away hate. We cannot gently convince fuckholes to not be utter fuckholes. They speak only the simplest of languages: pleasure and pain. Speak to them in the language they understand. Inflict pain upon them. It’s the only thing that works.
  • Haha 1

Unfortunately, we've realized that a lot of Americans are okay with DOTUS being a complete bully towards our allies and also to immigrants seeking asylum in America. Some percentage those have some latent racism living in them, and he has made them realize that it may be just fine to put that into words and actions.

12 minutes ago, retread said:

Unfortunately, we've realized that a lot of Americans are okay with DOTUS being a complete bully towards our allies and also to immigrants seeking asylum in America. Some percentage those have some latent racism living in them, and he has made them realize that it may be just fine to put that into words and actions.

Can't disagree with that.  As huckleberry said elsewhere, the problem with democracy is dêmos.

26 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Actually, I believe you can reason away hate, or at least prejudice and racism.  In fact, it's the only cure.  What you cannot do is force someone to engage or apply reason.

You can't reason racism away when they're actively engaged in racism and fired up by the DOTUS who has their back and will help make America Great Again (by putting the non-whites in their place).  When they are forced back in their holes, and simply have to endure a society where non-whites are out among them, do business with them, become friends with their kids, etc....THAT'S when the "reasoning" takes place.  So, your last sentence is dead-on.  They are actively resisting reason and evidence.  In fact, they've declared truth, facts, etc. to be the "enemy of the people."  Fine.  We won't use those things on them, since they are 100% resistant to them.

What they aren't resistant to is pain.  

My grandfather didn't argue with nazis.  He inflicted pain on them.  He didn't change a single nazi mind, I imagine.  But he forced them back into their hole.  And while they were shoved back down there, deep in the muck where they belong, the rest of the world (including Germany) moved forward on race.  Now, the nazis and their kin are back out of their holes.  Time to shove them back down into it.  They probably won't see the light -- the German generation that was nazi really didn't (read the analysis of the era -- they didn't change their minds, they just knew they had to keep their mouths shut).  But the generations that followed -- largely free of the poison that the nazis would feed them -- were much more enlightened.

Fuck these alt-right racist fuckheads.  Fuck them in every way possible.  Crush them.  Shove them back in their holes, back into the shit they emerged from.  You aren't going to change their minds.  So be it.

• Like 4

Being raised in a family with a proud tradition of "race mixing" in global markets, I enjoy watching racists reasoning when they learn they're going to be grandparents to a grandbaby of mixed race.  Like all grandparents, they have unconditional sweet love for them.  It doesn't make them any less racist, however, yet they are incapable of saying a bad word about their grandbaby, and they won't tolerate anything less from their social circle.  I can bear witness to old white military officer privilege dressing down a Virginia constable for his perceived discrimination of his grandsons.  Immediately afterwards, he told his grandsons to always be repectful of LEO, but to call grandpa if it ever happens again, and it has not.  But he knows in his heart that it will.  

29 minutes ago, FWD said:

Well this is a relief, according to the article the guy who followed a black person for miles to call them the n-word repeatedly in his driveway "insists he is not a bigot."

That is a relief.  wheeeeew........  Bigot no way, Flaming and incredibly stupid asshole, and a racist ???  Pretty much......

23 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Womp womp.

Sorry not sorry. These folks are scum, incompatible with a civilized society. Fuck treating them with “understanding” and “a listening ear.” Fuck “hearing the pained voice of the forgotten man.” If you choose the path of hate, you have opted out of the rules of civilized society. You chose your fate. Now, suffer it.

We cannot reason away hate. We cannot gently convince fuckholes to not be utter fuckholes. They speak only the simplest of languages: pleasure and pain. Speak to them in the language they understand. Inflict pain upon them. It’s the only thing that works.

Yeah. Usually I'm not a fan of Internet Vigilantism but fuck this guy in the goat ass. This is not a gray area. He's a full-on racist fucktard that needs to dealt with in this manner.

The Ving Rhames story...

Funny that he and the cops went across the street to talk to the woman who placed the call and she denied knowing anything about it. Umm...911 knows your number, bitch.

It seems if you're that scared of black people, you'd be aware that one lives across from you.

http://www.startribune.com/teen-s-hot-dog-stand-serves-up-food-inspiration-with-minneapolis-inspectors-blessing/488336201/

1. Kids sets up a hotdog stand.

2. Someone rats him out to the health department.

3. Health department swoops in, educates him on food safety, and covers the permit fee.

4. ?

5. Profit 

Way to go kid!

• Like 1

you know,  i just don't have it in me to enjoy these public comeuppances. the whole thing just sucks. he probably has employees, customers, kids, other family whose lives have been negatively impacted to varying degrees by his actions and ignorance.

and it is SO ignorant, him even saying he doesn't understand. my god, man! some of these people,  their world is so insular that they are shocked at the righteous public outrage they incur...but I continue to be amazed at their surprise,  like, wtf did you THINK would happen?

i just don't understand. 

i wish in some of these cases there could be follow up...did this experience change any of these people? did they learn anything from it? do they now realize that no, they are not in the majority with their  POV and maybe the world really doesn't agree with me?

there's got to be something good to come from all this loud, ugly thrashing

• Like 1

All you said is true but it makes me wonder how much of this never went reported or shown to the mass public before video cameras on cell phones were a thing. At least now there's a way to get it out there and maybe the next moron thinks twice before they do something stupid that will put their livelihoods at risk. Probably not but one can hope. 

17 hours ago, mchookem said:

you know,  i just don't have it in me to enjoy these public comeuppances. the whole thing just sucks. he probably has employees, customers, kids, other family whose lives have been negatively impacted to varying degrees by his actions and ignorance.

and it is SO ignorant, him even saying he doesn't understand. my god, man! some of these people,  their world is so insular that they are shocked at the righteous public outrage they incur...but I continue to be amazed at their surprise,  like, wtf did you THINK would happen?

i just don't understand. 

i wish in some of these cases there could be follow up...did this experience change any of these people? did they learn anything from it? do they now realize that no, they are not in the majority with their  POV and maybe the world really doesn't agree with me?

i enjoy them a shit ton. as a latino, i've experienced racist people. you can't change them, but now with these shaming videos you can fuck them up.

who cares if they lose their livelihood, that's on them. that's the only way they'll learn.

they won't stop being racist, but at least maybe next time they'll know to keep their goddamned mouths shut

• Like 3

18 hours ago, mchookem said:

but I continue to be amazed at their surprise,  like, wtf did you THINK would happen?

i just don't understand. 

Don't underestimate the Echo Chamber effect. People who listen to one side of the argument all day long think that they are right and are "shocked" that anyone believes differently.

Obviously the racism is the issue here, but I also want to mention that this dipshit drove all the way to the dude's house to berate him....because he got honked at.

I mean, fuck. Find some inner peace. Learn how to let shit go. That is pathetic. Reminds me of a few times when you're behind someone who doesn't start moving at a green light. You lightly toot the horn after a few seconds and then you can see them going into hysterics. I'm not mad at you bro, just get moving.

I feel bad for people who are so miserable. Unless they're racists. Then I don't feel bad for them, but I do with they'd find some enlightenment all the same.

• Like 3

do some people really just consider the police dept their personal butlers/fixers/ask jeeves? 

Peterson ordered a Spicy Italian Sub at a Subway store in Jacksonville, Fla., last week. He ordered it with “the works.” To his mind, it didn’t come with the works.  “He tasted his sandwich, and it didn’t have mayonnaise or mustard on it, so he became upset,” said Tammy Morris, a manager at the store.  Witnesses inside the store said Peterson started screaming. Then he went outside to call 911, asking for help in having his sandwich made to his satisfaction. A short time later, he called again to complain that police still hadn’t shown up.  So they did, and they arrested Peterson on charges of making false 911 calls.

“It’s unbelievable what people get upset about now days,” Morris said.

Or like Kevin Waits.  Waits called a cab to his home in Waco, Texas. When it didn’t show up, he called 911. The dispatcher told him to call a taxi service.  Waco police Officer Steve Anderson said Waits grew more and more frustrated as he couldn’t get a cab. So he called 911 again. And again. Eventually, he called 15 times.  When police finally went to his apartment, they found a cab waiting for Waits — who didn’t have the $26 fare.  Waits was charged with harassment and theft of service.

Or like the unidentified 19-year-old man who called 911 in Knoxville because his stepfather wouldn’t stop nagging him to do the laundry or wash the dishes.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/26040857/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/systems-choking-non-emergency-calls/#.W2HyQzknZp8

The racist examples in this thread are a lot of white people not wanting to interact with a person of color to hash out mostly simple things so they call the police to do their bidding for them.  Need to institute a type of  Thunderdome 911 call policy.  2 parties in a dispute --> 911 called --> 1 party is always going to jail with automatic ride down town if complaint is deemed false/frivolous.

There needs to be more education about using the Nextdoor ap.  This way people can still go be all racist and still not mind their own bidness, but not tie up police resources.

3 hours ago, El Tri said:

i enjoy them a shit ton. as a latino, i've experienced racist people. you can't change them, but now with these shaming videos you can fuck them up.

who cares if they lose their livelihood, that's on them. that's the only way they'll learn.

they won't stop being racist, but at least maybe next time they'll know to keep their goddamned mouths shut

And that in my opinion is where this does real good. They may decide to not spout their horseshit in front of others, particularly children and maybe their dumbassery will die with them. It's my hope at least.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

do some people really just consider the police dept their personal butlers/fixers/ask jeeves? 

The racist examples in this thread are a lot of white people not wanting to interact with a person of color to hash out mostly simple things so they call the police to do their bidding for them.  Need to institute a type of  Thunderdome 911 call policy.  2 parties in a dispute --> 911 called --> 1 party is always going to jail with automatic ride down town if complaint is deemed false/frivolous.

There needs to be more education about using the Nextdoor ap.  This way people can still go be all racist and still not mind their own bidness, but not tie up police resources.

That you, Mr. Rhames?

On 7/31/2018 at 4:49 PM, mchookem said:

i just don't understand. 

Nah. Fuck him.

• Like 1

Smith College Employee Called Police On Black Student Eating Lunch

A Smith College employee called the police on a black student who was eating lunch in a common area because she “seemed to be out of place,” the school said.

The student, Oumou Kanoute, is working at Smith College as a teaching assistant and residential adviser over the summer. She said she was taking a break from work on Tuesday when a police officer approached her and asked why she was there.

“I did nothing wrong, I wasn’t making any noise or bothering anyone,” Kanoute wrote in a Tuesday Facebook post. “All I did was be black.”

Kanoute said the incident made her “nervous” and caused emotional distress to her.

“No student of color should have to explain why they belong at prestigious white institutions,” Kanoute wrote. “I worked my hardest to get into Smith, and I deserve to feel safe on my campus.”

Smith College said in a statement that the officer who responded to the call found nothing suspicious. The college also said it plans to investigate the employee who called the police and provide support to Kanoute.

“This incident has raised concerns in our community about bias and equity,” Title IX coordinator Amy Hunter said. “Smith College does not tolerate race- or gender-based discrimination in any form. Such behavior can contribute to a climate of fear, hostility and exclusion that has no place in our community.”

Kanoute wrote another Facebook post on Wednesday asking for support for her request to the school administration to release the name of the employee who reported her to the police.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/did-black-police-called-student-212900779.html

If you see something, say something. White folks gotta be better safe than sorry, right? Eventually one of these people will end up being bad. Like on Nextdoor where all the black people are “casing houses.” I’m sure at least one of them was actually doing that, so it’s okay.

I wonder if keeping a copy of Financial Times at the ready would help in these situations?

Again, the squeamish Smith college employee called the cops because they did not want to interact with a black person who may or may not be out of place.  If it was deemed important to find out, a 15 second conversation could have taken place and solved the issue.  I'm guessing because the employee did not want to 'be that guy/gal' and look all racist asking a black person if they belonged there so they called the police to do something they were too chickenshit to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gyroprotagonist said:

I wonder if keeping a copy of Financial Times at the ready would help in these situations?

Again, the squeamish Smith college employee called the cops because they did not want to interact with a black person who may or may not be out of place.  If it was deemed important to find out, a 15 second conversation could have taken place and solved the issue.  I'm guessing because the employee did not want to 'be that guy/gal' and look all racist asking a black person if they belonged there so they called the police to do something they were too chickenshit to do.

I just can't imagine a situation of being suspicious that someone of any color "doesn't belong" to where it even makes sense to ask informally "hey, who are you, why are you here?"  Maybe an obvious homeless person or someone showing signs of substance abuse.  If it's just a person of color, what makes one think "they don't look like they belong?"  Is it really that hard to believe that black people go to college or live in gated communities?

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I just can't imagine a situation of being suspicious that someone of any color "doesn't belong" to where it even makes sense to ask informally "hey, who are you, why are you here?"  Maybe an obvious homeless person or someone showing signs of substance abuse.  If it's just a person of color, what makes one think "they don't look like they belong?"  Is it really that hard to believe that black people go to college or live in gated communities?

agree.  either they personally could not fathom why she would be there and felt the need to escalate the situation or someone went to them and demanded they find out why a black person was in the cafeteria.  Then instead of being overtly racist themselves, they called the police.

13 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Here's the real question -- even if they "don't belong"....if they aren't doing something harmful, who gives a fuck?  Maybe you're not a student at Uptight University, and you're just using the patio table to sit and drink your coffee....who fucking cares?

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Here's the real question -- even if they "don't belong"....if they aren't doing something harmful, who gives a fuck?  Maybe you're not a student at Uptight University, and you're just using the patio table to sit and drink your coffee....who fucking cares?

A black person is doing something that affects no one and is minding their own business? GOOD GOD.

200_d.gif