Jump to content

White Lotus - HBO


Harrison Bergeron

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

It's pretty fucking weird, but I'm enjoying it. It's a shame Daddario's husband isn't the one who ends up dead.

And the blonde's funbags were similarly memorable in Euphoria, though I don't know that we'll be seeing them in this series

I’ve watched a ton of HBO over the years and like to think of myself as an HBO tits aficionado. In my expert opinion, if Daddario’s tits are exhibit 1A, Sydney Sweeney’s are 1B. 

I may go so far to say that no two better pair of tits have graced the small screen at the same time. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Yev Kassem said:

I’ve watched a ton of HBO over the years and like to think of myself as an HBO tits aficionado. In my expert opinion, if Daddario’s tits are exhibit 1A, Sydney Sweeney’s are 1B.  

I may go so far to say that no two better pair of tits have graced the small screen at the same time. 

not looking to threadjack as I enjoy this show and look forward to discussion, but this seems like an important topic-- what's this list look like? Couple that jump to my mind are Nicky Sobotka's girlfriend (v good, but not in same league as Sweeney/Daddario) and then the actress who plays Sansa Stark in the play -- google tells me her name is Eline Powell

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

not looking to threadjack as I enjoy this show and look forward to discussion, but this seems like an important topic-- what's this list look like? Couple that jump to my mind are Nicky Sobotka's girlfriend (v good, but not in same league as Sweeney/Daddario) and then the actress who plays Sansa Stark in the play -- google tells me her name is Eline Powell

Oh yes, both of them are phenomenal as well. Too bad they were limited to only a single scene.  I know Daddario’s we’re only in a single scene as well, but when you’re the best, you’re the best. 

Anna Paquin needs to be up there as well. She was naked all the time in Trueblood, so she should be rewarded. 

Roz from GOT is really good as well. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

It's pretty fucking weird, but I'm enjoying it. It's a shame Daddario's husband isn't the one who ends up dead.

And the blonde's funbags were similarly memorable in Euphoria, though I don't know that we'll be seeing them in this series

My thoughts exactly ... second only to the Zoomers.

Edited by Harrison Bergeron
  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I'm going with Molly Shannon as the dead person.  That would make me happy.

good guess. if you remember the opening scene in the first episode, Shane is upset and at the airport looking at a coffin being loaded into the airplane.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, yoladu said:

good guess. if you remember the opening scene in the first episode, Shane is upset and at the airport looking at a coffin being loaded into the airplane.

Yep.  I think we're supposed to think it's his wife.  But I think it's his mom.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Watched a couple episodes. Not Oscar-winning but fun and already seen Alexandria Daadario's funbags.

 

 

image.png

They don’t give Oscars for TV. 😏
 

Still enjoying it as well. This was probably my least favorite episode though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I'm going with Molly Shannon as the dead person.  That would make me happy.

I think you’re right. The coffin is being put into a plane to ‘travel’ which makes me think it’s one of the group staying at the hotel. He seems to be pretty upset and I don’t think it’s his wife. He was closer to his mom than his wife. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Options of the deceased.  Half-serious. Spoilered.

Spoiler

Armond - overdose or murdered by Dillon for fear of being outed

Nicole - killed by Chinese for illegal business dealings

Mark - suicide or snorkeling accident

Quinn - snorkeling accident or drowning while boating with locals

Olivia - killed by Brittany for revenge of stealing another guy from him

Brittany - killed by Olivia out of psychotic jealously (seriously, Olivia is a fucking loon)

Tanya - overdose, tossing herself off a hill, or murdered by Belinda for pulling out of business idea (pick one)

Rachel - accidently murdered by Shane and covered up to look like a suicide/accident aided by his mother

Kitty - murdered by Rachel, Rachel gets taken into custody

Unlikely to be dead:  Shane (obviously), Dillon, Belinda, Greg, and Lani.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
On 8/4/2021 at 12:21 PM, Harrison Bergeron said:
Still LOL at the phone call with the uncle and the zoomer's reactions. Good silly TV.

Steve Zahn is killing it on this show.

his physical reaction to being asked if he wanted to find out what being buttfucked felt like killed me.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

blantons with a cameo in the bar scene (ep3).

shane was visibly pissed at the airport, which makes me think it’s not his wife or mom. 

it’s weird that stifler’s mom is only 4 years older than connie britton. 

Yeah, no better proof that the resort is high caliber than a dude tapping the bar, just saying “whiskey,” and receiving a double of Blanton’s in return. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm enjoying this a lot. The ashes scene on the boat was really well done. It's amusing that they're trying to holster the incredible breasts that Sydney Sweeney has. Even that has proven difficult as she's almost spilling out of her top. I'm not sure why she's be envious of the newlywed given what she has to work with. Was she imagining her friend doing the lau guy in the cabana given we only saw those two together on the beach when he talked about his family and how the land was once theirs?

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it was real and not imagined. I believe she saw them naked and banging in the not too private cabana.

And I’m not sure I understand the nature of the Olivia/Paula relationship. I get the history of boyfriend stealing and Olivia is ok as long as she always also gets her way. But are they also a thing? Olivia is clearly jealous, one way or another. 

And was Quinn’s sudden interest in the rowing crew driven by the fact they were some buff dudes, and he was discovering his attraction to them? Lotsa layers to this show. 

But also, lotsa boobies. I wasn’t aware of Sweeney until I started watching this, and was unimpressed in the first episode when they showed Olivia and Paula in their swimsuits in the room, but then I saw a Daily Mail story about SS, and realized it was her. Giant cans. Wowzers.

 

image.jpeg

  • Drool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I took it more as he was finally interested in what was around him in reality but not when his family was around. Like when he was in awe seeing the whale. When they're around he wants to be distracted by video games and the internet.

I swear if that f head calls her Bubba one more time..... That's one issue the wife and I had with the show. How would those two ever have gotten together, even to the point where they want to get married. I get he would want her for her body but what would she see in him?

That actor has a pretty good range because he's the exact opposite character in High Fidelity. 

Edited by mdmost
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I took it more as he was finally interested in what was around him in reality but not when his family was around. Like when he was in awe seeing the whale. When they're around he wants to be distracted by video games and the internet.

I swear if that f head calls her Bubba one more time..... That's one issue the wife and I had with the show. How would those two ever have gotten together, even to the point where they want to get married. I get he would want her for her body but what would she see in him?

That actor has a pretty good range because he's the exact opposite character in High Fidelity. 

According to closed captions, it's Baba, not Bubba.  Which is even worse.

But, I can totally see how people with those personalities get together and marry quickly.  Shallow and stupid is a strong mating call.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/5/2021 at 2:36 PM, Liquor and Poker said:

I think the hotel manager is a candidate for the coffin. 


He is Australian.  Why would he be going back to the United States ---- the place where Shane is presumably headed?

Also, the couple in the first episode when they were talking to Shane in the airport said "our guide told us somebody was killed"  at the White Lotus. "Killed" probably means that it wasn't an accident like drowning.

I kind of don't think it's Shane's mother (Molly Shannon) because he doesn't seem too upset.  I also don't think it's Jennifer Coolidge because I haven't seen anybody who would have a strong reason to kill her.  I don't think it's Rachel even though she's not with Shane in the opening scene in the airport. That would be too obvious.  I think she's probably in the bathroom when the other couple is talking to Shane.

I think it's the Connie Britton character and that she was killed by her son while he was trying to steal the 75,000 dollar bracelet OR her husband who is just sick of her shit. He seems kind of unstable. 



 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the whole Uncle Rico coughing etc is a red herring, much like at the beginning at the airport, leading you to believe it might be Rachel.  But then again, I could see him come clean with cancer and tell crazy chick and she kills him or something?

 

I think it's going to be someone random..Like the hotel manager kills Dylan (boy toy) or something.

 

The devolvement of all the relationships on the show has been a fascinating watch.

 

 

Edited by Tylerocks
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shane is such a selfish and shallow piece of shit that the body must be someone that he cares about, or at least has a direct connection with, like if he accidentally killed Dylan the boy toy or something. Otherwise the body-loading scene doesn't make any sense. If it was anyone besides those three possibilities, Shane would just be sitting in the boarding area, engrossed in page 25ish of Blink, not looking wistfully at the carcass box. 

And the sick BLM guy's name is Lazlo, not Uncle Rico. 

  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...