RIP Markie Post (Fall Guy, Night Court)

Doc Reeves

Mainstay of the 80s with the Fall Guy and Night Court. I hadn’t noticed her in decades but a quick look at her Wikipedia page shows that she stayed busy. I was reminded that he’s played Cameron Diaz’s mom in something about Mary, her main non-tv role.

learned that she was in an ‘92-95 sitcom with John Ritter and billy bob Thornton. I have zero recollection of that but it’s also a time for me that the weekend started on Wednesday nights. I’m not sure I watched much tv outside of sports.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Mainstay of the 80s with the Fall Guy and Night Court. I hadn’t noticed her in decades but a quick look at her Wikipedia page shows that she stayed busy. I was reminded that he’s played Cameron Diaz’s mom in something about Mary, her main non-tv role.

learned that she was in an ‘92-95 sitcom with John Ritter and billy bob Thornton. I have zero recollection of that but it’s also a time for me that the weekend started on Wednesday nights. I’m not sure I watched much tv outside of sports.

That was the show “inspired” by the Clinton campaign and The Carville-Matalin marriage, IIRC. Total fluff. 

Sorry to hear this, terrible that she suffered that long.  Beautiful woman with absolutely impeccable comedic timing.  Her look-away/eye-roll is oft imitated and never duplicated.  By all accounts a wonderful person off-camera.  RIP.  

The night court core actors  hasn’t fared well over the last few years but then again they’re starting to get up there. Harry Anderson (died 2018), Charles “Mac” Robinson (last month) and now Post.  Bull and Larroquette are the only long term cast left with us.

night court doesn’t much love when people think of 80s sitcoms but it was a solid show for that time. Especially when it hit its stride in its middle years.  Top 10 ratings.  I believe there is a remake in the works with larroquette involved with it. 

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The night court core actors  hasn’t fared well over the last few years but then again they’re starting to get up there. Harry Anderson (died 2018), Charles “Mac” Robinson (last month) and now Post.  Bull and Larroquette are the only long term cast left with us.

How do you forget Marsha Warfield?

• Hook 'Em 1