Cheapest way to watch Longhorn Network in your area?

ATXbronco

Best as I can tell, here in Round Rock I only have three options.

MONTHLY

Vidgo: $55
Sling Orange + Sports = $55
Spectrum cable: $49 + $18 broadcast "surcharge" = $67

I went with Spectrum since they had that $49+49 deal for Internet and TV and I already had Internet with them.

But I got pissed when I found out they charge a $18 "surcharge" for local broadcast channels that I neither need or want.   And they refused to remove the surcharge, so I cancelled the TV service.  I see no reason to spend $67/month just to watch something like two games on Longhorn Network and one or two games on ESPN/ESPN2.

I may enable/disable Sling as needed for watching the Longhorn channel.

I get all my local channels in HD over antenna for free.

Edited by ATXbronco

Best as I can tell, here in Round Rock I only have three options.

MONTHLY
Vidgo: $55
Sling Orange + Sports = $55
Spectrum cable: $49 + $18 broadcast "surcharge" = $67

I went with Spectrum since they had that $49+49 deal for Internet and TV and I already had Internet with them.
But I got pissed when I found out they charge a $18 "surcharge" for local broadcast channels that I neither need or want.   And they refused to remove the surcharge, so I cancelled the TV service.  I see no reason to spend $67/month just to watch something like two games on Longhorn Network and one or two games on ESPN/ESPN2.
I may enable/disable Sling as needed for watching the Longhorn channel.

I get all my local channels in HD over antenna for free.

Sling is the only thing over ever used for LHN, other than directv when I had it

EDIT 9/15/23: 

I'm editing this two year old post because no one should expect an old ass streaming link to work beyond a couple of days. Game day threads will usually have a streaming link posted inside of the first 2 or 3 pages. streameast.io is also a good place to start your search for a game stream. Good bye and good luck. 

DO NOT USE THIS OLD FUCKING LINK

That would be tree fiddy: http://yrsprts.stream/live?v=lhn 

Edited by NAVY
  • Hook 'Em 5

• 2 years later...

Last year we signed up for Sling through a promotion.  Basically paid for the first month then cancelled before the next auto charge went through.

Was $20/$30 or something

Planning on hitting up the Texas Exes watch party here in Houston this Saturday.

Looks like Dallas has a couple spots if you want to go that route.

https://dallastexasexes.org/gamewatch/

• Like 1

https://therealstreamhub.site/index.php

This is the best streaming site IMO. You have to create a username but I’ve never had any issues for any sport here. 

if you have a smart tv just aircast to it then you can minimize the screen on your phone and go about your business on surly. 

Edited by Etexhorn13
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ousux said:
On 8/9/2021 at 6:50 PM, NAVY said:
That would be tree fiddy: http://yrsprts.stream/live?v=lhn 

Streaming sites can be hit or miss, mostly miss for me. I tried one last year for LHN and the stream was fine for 2 days before the game, then all of a sudden game time was close and there were "technical issues"

Duh. I posted that link 2 years ago. Wtf 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Did I fall into a Dark Web portal back to 1998?

I wish but we’d be talking about how to find a sports bar showing a backhaul feed from the stadium Jumbotron (which would mean they’d have a huge satellite dish). Remember scouring hornfans to find a place showing the Colorado game from Boulder in Htown. Went to that sports bar on Gessner with the huge TVs set up like a Vegas sports book. Forgot it’s name.

AITA? i don't see LHN on stream.directv channel line up?  I am a youtube.tv guy with ESPN+ and not access to LHN with current set up.  Maybe I am not understanding what you DTV folks are saying about the way to get it?

YoutubeTV doesn’t have LHN.

I think it depends in the area you are in for DTV. For some reason DTVNow does not carry LHN in DFW.

I understand the YTTV issue.  I appreciate that.  

What I can''t figure out - these guys are saying that DTV has a stream where this is available.  When I look at the DTV stream site and channel line up, I don't see LHN as a channel in the lineup - regardless of the package.  Am I blind, dumb, both?

What I can''t figure out - these guys are saying that DTV has a stream where this is available.  When I look at the DTV stream site and channel line up, I don't see LHN as a channel in the lineup - regardless of the package.  Am I blind, dumb, both?

I think it depends on your zip code/carriage area.

11 minutes ago, Dendox said:

I have the Premier package and am out of state and still get LHN