Dallas Cowboys 2021 Regular Season Thread -- Money, Masks, & Masochism

Patrick Bateman

Plenty of people thought he was the best defensive player in the draft. Some thought he was the best NON QB player in the draft.

Correct. He dropped due to the rush on QBs and the Panthers and Broncos going CB. The Cowboys had Surtain as their pick and Denver took him instead of a QB. Thank god.
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Dak and all receivers finally healthy for a few weeks in a row doesn’t hurt the offense either. 

I didn't think much of Dak's injury, but the analysis during the game of his throwing stance and how he uses his feet was informative. It clearly messed up his game. It's no real surprise then that our absolute most atrocious offensive performance was his first game back vs Denver.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/27/2021 at 6:11 PM, Vic Mackey said:

On 12/27/2021 at 11:27 PM, Texzilla58 said:

The d is playing championship caliber football. If Dak can keep the passing game going with deeper plays and keep Amari involved, the only thing left needed for winter ball is a better running game.

Zeke looked like he had a little more pep in his step against Washington.

15 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

FWIW, I wasn’t one of the people who thought it was a good pick, though more because I thought we need OL help than saying Parsons wasn’t good.

I was clearly wrong.

He probably would've been the first defensive player drafted if he'd played for Pedo State last year. We were very fortunate both CB's that Jerrah/Stephen wanted were gone. But hell, I thought they needed DB help too. Micah is a fucking animal -- my second-favorite LB to wear #11 ever.

15 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

We need to cherish this year, because Dan Quinn is absolutely going to get another HC gig

I wish he'd get the Dallas HC gig. He's a hell of a coach.

• Hook 'Em 1

He’ll wait for the broncos job to open up and Rodgers to sign there. Someone’s going to get a hell of a coach. Things eventually fell apart in Atlanta, but he was a good head coach there for a hot minute. 

I’m sure Jerry will give him a big bump to stay.

Don’t know his ties to Seattle if Carroll leaves. Denver will be the best opening to your point, but vikes and Bears will also likely open. He got screwed in ATL with stupid GM decisions.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lol. Mike is an extreme upgrade from Garrett. 

FB_IMG_1640832041814.jpg

This is a fucking fact, man lol. That and going for 2 when an extra point would put you up 8 and a successful 2 point conversion would put you up by 9 late in a game. I swear that came from Madden and nobody will ever convince me otherwise. 

10 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

This is a fucking fact, man lol. That and going for 2 when an extra point would put you up 8 and a successful 2 point conversion would put you up by 9 late in a game. I swear that came from Madden and nobody will ever convince me otherwise. 

Going for 2 in the first half almost always comes back to bite you in the ass. 

On 12/28/2021 at 5:07 PM, Braff Zacklin said:

Baldy sounds like Mike Golic to me.

Parsons is proof that it's better to be lucky than good. Did anyone, from front office to fan, for any team at any level, think he'd be this good, or this dominant, this soon?

I swear, he's so versatile, he'd find a way to make plays at cornerback.

Catching up on thread but he has made a few plays in coverage including on very athletic RBs, TEs and even WRs. No, nobody outside maybe his family saw his dominance coming. Quinn has helped a lot, but I think it’s more with the scheme and putting the unique talent that Parsons is in position to make Tank and Gregory even more dangerous. Quinn + Parsons = great things. Hope it continues in the playoffs, a la NYG. 

5 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Same. I think both are clean looking. 

Both are a lot more clean looking than pretty much any other color rush unis out there. We have the best uniforms in football. Pro and college. Even with our sea green pants. 

29 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Going for 2 in the first half almost always comes back to bite you in the ass. 

I meant going for two in the 4th quarter when you’re up 7 before the extra point. Say for example the score is 21-20 and the team that’s ahead scores a td. An extra point puts you up 28-20, but a 2 point conversion makes it 29-20 (a two score game) in the 4th quarter. If you don’t get it you’re still up 27-20. So the risk reward is heavily in favor of the reward in that situation. Doug Peterson started doing it a lot the year the eagles won the championship if I’m not mistaken, but people have been doing it since the dawn of time in Madden. 

7 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I meant going for two in the 4th quarter when you’re up 7 before the extra point. Say for example the score is 21-20 and the team that’s ahead scores a td. An extra point puts you up 28-20, but a 2 point conversion makes it 29-20 (a two score game) in the 4th quarter. If you don’t get it you’re still up 27-20. So the risk reward is heavily in favor of the reward in that situation. Doug Peterson started doing it a lot the year the eagles won the championship if I’m not mistaken, but people have been doing it since the dawn of time in Madden. 

Ah ok and I agree. 

My all time fav was many years ago aggy was playing Clemson and scored late in the game to go up by one. Instead of trying the conversion, they kicked the PAT and, of course, Clemson marched down into field goal range and won the game. I don't remember the year but it was Francionne(sic). Still maybe the dumbest coaching decision I have ever seen in a game 

Those are stupid looking.  They should be wearing these.
5ee496c3-49ab-4134-8a05-90043f7a6d7b-AP_Dolphins_Cowboys_Football.JPG?crop=1668,1119,x0,y242

I guess I’m in the minority but I don’t like these. I love the silver helmets too much to ever take them out of rotation. I wish the Cowboys would bring back the “bad luck” or “bad news” blues for the roadies, though.

10 hours ago, immortal13 said:

Ah ok and I agree. 

My all time fav was many years ago aggy was playing Clemson and scored late in the game to go up by one. Instead of trying the conversion, they kicked the PAT and, of course, Clemson marched down into field goal range and won the game. I don't remember the year but it was Francionne(sic). Still maybe the dumbest coaching decision I have ever seen in a game 

You don't remember the year because your memories of that year are a bit preoccupied.

It was 9/3/2005.

• Hook 'Em 1

I guess I’m in the minority but I don’t like these. I love the silver helmets too much to ever take them out of rotation. I wish the Cowboys would bring back the “bad luck” or “bad news” blues for the roadies, though.

Not a fan of of color rush and would never want to see the return of the bad luck cursed royal blue jerseys. Still have nightmares of Don Meredith getting murdered in them in Cleveland which was his last game.

I think the current navy/silver unis are the best in football, plus they don’t have the curse thing. I would like to see a throwback white jersey, the original font, and the medium gray pants.

I remember liking the double stars as a kid, but not so much anymore. They are just ugly. I like our base uni, just wish the pants went back to regular grey matching the helmets. I also wish we could put the bs "curse" of the blue unis behind us, I like the look, and "curses" don't exist.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

It's 100% percent against my nature to be this excited about a Cowboys' team, but I am really on board this year.  I think the additions of Parsons has made all of the difference.  The pass rush is absolutely ridiculous which is what you really need once the playoffs roll around and you are facing great QBs every week.  With 3 great passrushers, they get pressure from the middle and the outside, which leaves nowhere for the QBs to escape.  And when they do, the passrushers are fast enough to run them do.  I think they are going to knock Murray all over the filed this weekend and win going away.  I haven't been this excited about a Cowboys season since 95.

• Hook 'Em 1

I remember the drops, but I never expected anything from any Romo led team.  The one time I got excited about them was the 2014 season (2015).  Dez caught that fucking ball and everyone knows it.  I never believed in Romo after the extra point drop and the Cabo trip.  I never felt that he was a winner.  Right or wrong I don't really give a damn...but I am excited about this year and it has more to do with the defense than anything else. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Hate said:

I remember the drops, but I never expected anything from any Romo led team.  The one time I got excited about them was the 2014 season (2015).  Dez caught that fucking ball and everyone knows it.  I never believed in Romo after the extra point drop and the Cabo trip.  I never felt that he was a winner.  Right or wrong I don't really give a damn...but I am excited about this year and it has more to do with the defense than anything else. 

0E7E510F-6891-49D4-A29E-8CFEB56A35D0.thumb.jpeg.8ebb14a1e5fe3e0387c324d46084d5ee.jpeg

Dez did catch that ball.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

0E7E510F-6891-49D4-A29E-8CFEB56A35D0.thumb.jpeg.8ebb14a1e5fe3e0387c324d46084d5ee.jpeg

Dez did catch that ball.

How was the atmosphere at Lambeau for that playoff game? Looks like damn good view.  

So many missed opportunities in that game. Way beyond the catch no catch play. Rodgers on one leg just disected our defense in the 2nd half. A rookie Davante Adams made his mark that day

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

How was the atmosphere at Lambeau for that playoff game? Looks like damn good view.  

So many missed opportunities in that game. Way beyond the catch no catch play. Rodgers on one leg just disected our defense in the 2nd half. A rookie Davante Adams made his mark that day

You should make that trip once if you have never done it.  Fenway and Wrigley are really the only comps.  We stayed in Milwaukee, parked a rental vehicle in someone’s front yard, whose backyard backed up to the stadium, and the $20 parking included free keg beer for the 6 guys in our car.  Pretty good deal.  It’s a unique experience, and we were treated incredibly well as opposing fans the entire time.  

• Hook 'Em 2