Dallas Cowboys 2021 Regular Season Thread -- Money, Masks, & Masochism

Patrick Bateman

49 minutes ago, 'stache said:

If we can't get the one seed I really don't care about where we land 2-4. It'll be a tough win regardless.

That’s crazy to me, the 2 seed hosts 2 games and the 4 seed hosts 1, that’s a pretty big difference. 

Edited by hornbri
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, hornbri said:

That’s crazy to me, the 2 seed hosts 2 games and the 4 seed hosts 1, that’s a pretty big difference. 

Yeah, I guess so, I'm pretty down on the offense right now, but all the division leaders are flawed, so home field might make the difference. We're a battered fanbase though, so part of me still doesn't see a difference. Still hoping the offense figures shit out, and/or the defense gets better and can win games with a pedestrian offense.

10 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Yeah, I guess so, I'm pretty down on the offense right now, but all the division leaders are flawed, so home field might make the difference. We're a battered fanbase though, so part of me still doesn't see a difference. Still hoping the offense figures shit out, and/or the defense gets better and can win games with a pedestrian offense.

We need Tyron back.  Dak just breathes easier in the pocket when Tyron has his back.

21 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

This changes a lot. He's their speed threat and opens up so much. Arizona is already being exposed as frauds. Rams might overtake them and win the West. 

Brown is more their speed threat.  Godwin is outstanding in the slot and with Gronk controls the middle of the field.  Evans is also dealing with a hamstring as is Fournette.  I think both will be okay for the playoffs but hammys are tricky injuries.  It's a shame though because the Bucs have such an easy end to the regular season with the Panthers twice and the Jets.  Maybe the Panthers can come up with a home effort and surprise them.  Not counting on it though.

If I had to guess, we're going to end up with the 3 seed and that sucks but going to Tampa, if they're a bit banged up, is probably better than GB, where the weather could be a real issue.

7 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

We need Tyron back.  Dak just breathes easier in the pocket when Tyron has his back.

Definitely, but he seemed much more comfortable with CW back and climbing up in the pocket.  LT is still a real issue and we have a TE/edge blocking issue.  Schulz has grown as a really good zone buster like Witten and understand space, but his blocking is extremely suspect and without Bell, we've struggled to set edges with our TEs.  It's an underrated aspect of the run game.  Schulz missed at least 3 and I think 4 blocks where runs were just blown up putting us behind the sticks yesterday.

16 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

I’m not a Cowboys defeatist. I’m a realist. You’re a sunshine pumper. First, at the time Williams was benched, he was not good. I don’t mind the benching and am glad he’s back in the lineup. Second, Tampa may now lose another game now with key people out. But they’ll get Brown back and this was their most difficult game.  Both them and GB losing a game down the road is unlikely. Us winning out is unlikely. Third, you were wrong with your 3-way tiebreak scenarios. The Cowboys cannot possibly win a 3-way tie with those two teams, so we will need both to lose one more. I can’t see it happening. Last, real ballsy to wait until after SNF to finally respond. 

Wow a WHOLE Lot of wrong in this.  First off, Williams was benched because of Penalties.  Not because he played poorly.  

2nd Tampa lost and they looked bad.  Missing WR's or not they should have scored a single fucking point.

3rd, Three way tie breakers? WTF are you talking about?  Dallas wins EVERY 3 or 4 team tie breaker based on Conference record.  Like shit man...do you know what the fuck you're taling about?  If GB/Dallas/TB have the same record, Dallas wins out.

And as far as SNF I'm sorry...I don't have surly up all fucking day every day. Especially on a damn Sunday.  After the game I shut it down.  I would have responded just like this regardless.  People know I'm not scared to respond to off the mark posts like this.

Edited by Drew

16 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

I might be wrong on 3-team tiebreaker. I don’t understand it apparently and might owe Drew an apology. I guess H2H loss to TB doesn’t factor into the 3-team tie with Arizona now because Arizona hasn’t played either team?  I don’t understand how we are 2 now, and how we can get to 1. For purposes of the 1 seed, assume we win out, TB wins out, GB drops one, and we all finish 13-4. 

Sorry I didn't see this post right after your other one, so I apologize.  Yes that's how it would work.  H2H doesn't matter when 3 teams are tied.

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Do we care who wins between WFT and Philly? Does it matter if the Rams or Cards win the west?

The loser of wft/Philly is eliminated from the division. Not sure about wildcard. But Dallas winning 1 game wins the division irrespective of what the other teams do, so in that regard it really doesn’t matter. 

doubt it matter about the nfc west since for it to matter to us we would have beaten both of them.  Lose to ari and the seeding talk is moot. 

4 hours ago, LonghornJudas said:

Chris Godwin officially done with a torn ACL. Big blow to the Bucs.

Holy shit. Didn’t look like a torn ACL but regardless HUGE blow. Dude was having a career year and is Brady’s favorite target. As good as Evans is in the end zone, Godwin’s the best playmaker on that team. AB better be ready to roll. 

11 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Our offense is built like Tarzan but playing like Jane unless we draw some garbage ass team we are looking like 1 and done. I wish Dak would unfuck himself but he won’t ceedee can’t catch lately either.  

One would think genius boy wonder OC, head coach in waiting, could design something that would result more than 8 yards in a game for the best route runner in football.

Edited by DougO
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Our offense is built like Tarzan but playing like Jane unless we draw some garbage ass team we are looking like 1 and done. I wish Dak would unfuck himself but he won’t ceedee can’t catch lately either.  

Did Ceedee have the drops at OU? It's becoming very concerning. 

1 minute ago, DougO said:

One would think genius boy wonder OC, head coach in waiting, could design something that would result more than 8 yards in a game for the best route runner in football.

The shine has worn off extremely fast on Moore. I was very high on him to begin the year. To the point where I'd rather have him than Mike if it came to that at the end of the year. I am over that now. Is he handcuffed by a struggling offense? Probably. But the greats adjust and make the best out of it. We have reverted back to the junk approach and gameplans under Garrett. Hell, give me Dan Quinn over Moore. He needs to figure it out and fast. He will be calling his first playoff game this season. And we won't be playing the East where he has a lot of room for error since the opposing offense doesn't put any pressure on ours to score.

22 minutes ago, DougO said:

Bro I did a triple take at this stat line. I was like 8 fucking yards for Cooper. 8???

Lots of dinking and dunking. But why? 
Dak has acknowledged he’s not playing his best football. WRs need to catch the fucking ball. OLine just getting manhandled on the regular. We can barely win games unless we have 100+ yards rushing. 9-0 with them. 1-4 without. Whatever they need to do to step it the fuck up they need to figure it out and do it. If they could just step it up a damn notch with the defense playing as they have been…we’d be dangerous. I don’t want to play GB though. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

The answer is to give the ball more to the RB who is averaging 6 yards per carry. Teams are basically daring us to run the ball and Zeke just cannot get it done in his current state. The attempts need to be flipped until Zeke is healthy:

image.png.3cf60a4cd5779855eff7f37e5dc45de8.png

His foot is fucked and he'll need shots in it to kill the pain before games most likely. He can't handle a larger touch load right now. How many did he get Sunday? That's probably about the ceiling of what he can handle at the moment. 

Who was that RB from camp that looked decent? I'm guessing he's on a team right now

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

His foot is fucked and he'll need shots in it to kill the pain before games most likely. He can't handle a larger touch load right now. How many did he get Sunday? That's probably about the ceiling of what he can handle at the moment. 

Who was that RB from camp that looked decent? I'm guessing he's on a team right now

Regardless, Zeke does not need to be getting more carries than Pollard. 3.2 ypc is putrid. If that's all he can do in his current state, they need to force him to rest and let Clement come in and get 3.5 ypc. I know there have been some issues on the line, but this is unacceptable to keep trotting out there:

image.png.a25915e95d4f84a29f7a30995f0d4726.png

13 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Regardless, Zeke does not need to be getting more carries than Pollard. 3.2 ypc is putrid. If that's all he can do in his current state, they need to force him to rest and let Clement come in and get 3.5 ypc. I know there have been some issues on the line, but this is unacceptable to keep trotting out there:

image.png.a25915e95d4f84a29f7a30995f0d4726.png

12 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
14 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:
This season may come down to Tyron Smiths health honestly. And the defense not having any bad games.

Just sit Tyron until the playoffs. That gives him about 4 weeks until the next game. It sucks so much of our success hinges on him since he can't play a full season to save his life.

No. Chase the seeding. It’s so important to be in rhythm entering the playoffs too. I want us winning out. Tyron is a risk to get hurt no matter what - ride him hard. 

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

No. Chase the seeding. It’s so important to be in rhythm entering the playoffs too. I want us winning out. Tyron is a risk to get hurt no matter what - ride him hard. 

Maybe if it was in our own hands but it isn't. TB have a ridiculous easy schedule to end the year. Packers isn't much better. We can win out but it we don't get help from them, we stay put. I think we are going to get the 3 seed in the end. Which isn't terrible. We would avoid GB until the very end. And maybe let someone else knock them off for us. 

We fucked around too much with LV and Denver. Those 2 teams are not that good and we let them come in here and bitch slap us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Maybe if it was in our own hands but it isn't. TB have a ridiculous easy schedule to end the year. Packers isn't much better. We can win out but it we don't get help from them, we stay put. I think we are going to get the 3 seed in the end. Which isn't terrible. We would avoid GB until the very end. And maybe let someone else knock them off for us. 

We fucked around too much with LV and Denver. Those 2 teams are not that good and we let them come in here and bitch slap us. 

Bucs just got shut out by the Saints, playing with Taysom Hill at QB and Sean Payton not there due to COVID. Chris Godwin is out of the year. They seem slightly vulnerable IMO.

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I get your point and I think we will end up in 3 also. Which is considerably better than 4. But I think we need to keep winning to avoid slipping to 4 from a surging Rams team. 

With Godwin out and Evans and Fournette ailing, I can see Panthers knocking off TB. Maybe even a NYJ surprise like the Cardinals had with Lions. 

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Bucs just got shut out by the Saints, playing with Taysom Hill at QB and Sean Payton not there due to COVID. Chris Godwin is out of the year. They seem slightly vulnerable IMO.

True but the Saints defense seems to give Brady fits. Plus, teams can put up stinkers. Green Bay did to start the year. If there is a QB who can figure it out going forward, it's Brady. 

Having to beat Brady and Rodgers back to back weeks on the road will be tough sledding.

But even before that, I just want to win the wild card round. There's going to some some scrappy teams in there. I'd honestly rather the Rams take over the West and drop Arizona to the wild card. SF started off terrible but have figured things out. I'd love to play Cousins and Minnesota again. This time, at home and healthy. 

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

I agree. Minnesota would be the most ideal team to play. 

I’ve got Philly, WFT and Minny all finishing 8-9. I bet NO overtakes them at 9-8. Any of those options would be great. But us getting to #2 will take TB losing a game, or LAR winning out. 

It's funny that some in the sports media are making a thing about Dallas being the number 2 seed, but it's totally meaningless at this point. They are tied with Tampa and Arizona in record, but they play the Cardinals in a couple of weeks, and its possible that the Cowboys could actually drop to the the 3rd seed by beating them, leaving it a tie with Tampa, which owns the head to head tiebreaker. Of course they also drop if they lose. But all these teams have important games to play. 

Edited by DougO

3 hours ago, DougO said:

It's funny that some in the sports media are making a thing about Dallas being the number 2 seed, but it's totally meaningless at this point. They are tied with Tampa and Arizona in record, but they play the Cardinals in a couple of weeks, and its possible that the Cowboys could actually drop to the the 3rd seed by beating them, leaving it a tie with Tampa, which owns the head to head tiebreaker. Of course they also drop if they lose. But all these teams have important games to play. 

It’s the rams that would be in the 3 way tie, they would lead to us being the 2 seed if I’m not mistaken. If all 3 teams win out were all tied with 4 losses and we would have the best conference record 

Yeah beating the cards puts the rams in the division lead and tied, if nobody else loses that is 10-4 right now. 

looking at that gb-min game too as a decent chance for the pack to drop into the group. 

you have 4 teams fighting for 2 wildcard spots essentially in the nfc with sf a game up on the rest and Philly probably with the easiest remaining schedule.