Dallas Cowboys 2021 Regular Season Thread -- Money, Masks, & Masochism

Patrick Bateman

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

This is an awful lot of breakthrough cases, yes? I mean all coaches and staff were required to be vaxxed or is this the start of the omicron variant that the vaccines might not protect against (the Moderna CEO was saying yesterday that the vaccine might need to be reworked for omicron or other future variants).

The Eagles can't catch them, right? Right?

The Eagles certainly can't catch them if they keep loosing to the fucking Giants.   

6 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

The Eagles certainly can't catch them if they keep loosing to the fucking Giants.   

I was sort of kidding. The loss to NYG was a killer for the Eagles, of course.

I think the Cowboys finish 11-6 or 10-7. The best Philly can do is 10-7 -- Philly's only non-NFC East game remaining is at the Jets this week.

31 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Trysten Hill suspended two games for throwing a punch. 

Didn't that loser Giants WR throw a punch in game at our player and only got a $10k fine? How about Ceedee getting legit choked out on the sideline? Not a damn thing happened. Goodell is out to fuck Dallas and Jerry any time he can.

Wasn't there a lineman who punched someone in the neck this week or last week with nothing? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Didn't that loser Giants WR throw a punch in game at our player and only got a $10k fine? How about Ceedee getting legit choked out on the sideline? Not a damn thing happened. Goodell is out to fuck Dallas and Jerry any time he can.

Wasn't there a lineman who punched someone in the neck this week or last week with nothing? 

• Like 1

WFT is on a 3 game win streak. They are now just 2 games behind us and they have 2 games left with us. I was worried about the Eagles sneaking up and completely forgot about WFT. I don't think they are a great team but they are a pest. They beat Tampa and Heinicke seems to be decent. With all these injuries and covid shit, anyone a tad worried about them down the stretch?

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

WFT is on a 3 game win streak. They are now just 2 games behind us and they have 2 games left with us. I was worried about the Eagles sneaking up and completely forgot about WFT. I don't think they are a great team but they are a pest. They beat Tampa and Heinicke seems to be decent. With all these injuries and covid shit, anyone a tad worried about them down the stretch?

It'll come down to our H2H.  They have 5 division games, we have 4.  We have the much tougher schedule.  This organization is just stupid, it's going to let COVID derail an easy waltz to the division.  Cooper's a moron as he's probably going to cost his team 3 games.  The defense is banged up, the secondary has been exposed, and organization has a virus going rampant in the building.  Good news is we get our defensive leader back this game.  Should get Gallimore for Washington and hopefully this bullshit suspension by the NFL gets knocked down to 1 game for Hill.  I still hate our secondary.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/29/2021 at 12:47 PM, dcar00 said:

has he cleared yet?  he's a sooner so I'm a bit concerned he'll never pass it.

he actually cleared protocol before the raiders game but the team felt it was too soon on a short week. more likelihood of getting another one so they wanted to wait. david moore covered it on the ticket last week. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

I almost faith in all humanity with this post but then saw it has 132 downvotes and zero upvotes. Faith restored.

Although you could watch LSU aside from 2019 and they looked even worse than a Garrett led offense. They played like a 1940s offense.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Who gives a shit?  It's asinine.  The game is over, just go to the locker room if you can't compose yourself.  At least his suspension got reduced to 1 games, but a dumb player on a dumb team performed a dumb action.  Sheesh.

I am guessing this video is why the suspension was reduced to one game. He didn't start shit. Don't start shit, won't be shit. Shouldn't throwing your helmet be a suspension? Guaranteed it would be for one of our players. Dallas players have zero leeway for anything like many around the league do.

On 11/29/2021 at 6:48 PM, Catdaddyhorn said:

I'm sure Smith's case will be coming up soon, right?

Aaron Donald was fined $10,300 for unnecessary roughness against Packers G Lucas Patrick. 

Replays of the incident were ugly, as Donald appeared to grab Patrick by the throat, reminiscent of Patrick Swayze's character in the 1989 movie Road House. Hopefully the throats of Jaguars offensive linemen will be safe this Sunday after the slap on Donald's wrist. 

Edited by DougO

That idiot still pretending Dak sucks?

All breakdowns of his game on Thursday was actually that he was pretty good.  the OL/Run Game has been, and still is, the problem with the offense.

How people still are of the belief that the OL has been anything but bad for about a month is beyond me.  Yes Collins is the better player, but they played better on the OL with Steele.  Yes Connor Williams had some penalties, but he was a MUCH better LG than McGoverin who can't get off the first level to get the 2nd at all.

The OL starts blocking better and the offense will look much better.   Also, having a healthy Amari will really help.

• Hook 'Em 1

Cowboys are like 5th in rushing and 8th in passing on a yards per play basis even with the injuries. Think it will come down the defense not giving up 35 points on the wrong day.  Gregory / Parsons / D Law all need to be close to amazing when it matters.

Assume the playoffs will end in disappointment as always so guess I better enjoy the next month.