Dallas Cowboys 2021 Regular Season Thread -- Money, Masks, & Masochism

Patrick Bateman

Hurts for the Eagles is starting to play consistent and better. They are 3 games behind us now. I hope this is not like a 2006 season again where we go from trying to get a top seed to falling apart and not even winning the division. I doubt it happens but their next 2 games is Giants and Jets. We have Raiders and Saints. Neither of them are great but Raiders on a short week with all these injuries and Saints on the road (never easy). 

When healthy, Dallas is one of the best offenses in football. But man, these injuries seemingly mount up on us year after year. Cooper is a huge part of this offense. Missing him hurts. Take away him and Ceedee and who is the defense now worried about? Gallup and Wilson are really only dangerous when Cooper and Ceedee are out there.

Defense definitely did their part yesterday. After that early TD drive, they held KC in check. Offense was never on track at all. You figured going into the game, it would most likely be a loss on the road in KC.

But how about this Raiders game now? Cooper and Ceedee probably are out. Tyron probably still out. 

That Division lead is squeezing just a bit tighter today, 4 divisional games left with 3 of them on the road.  The Denver loss could be a thorn by seasons end, we’ll see. 

And just saw that Dallas has 3 straight roadies after Thursday, a tough row to hoe.  

Edited by Underdog

9 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Turns out Tyron Smith, Cooper, and Lamb are important. OL sucked, play calling seemed off, Dak had his second worst game of the season, zero down field threat once Lamb was out.

Dak’s numbers look totally different if not for the two drops apiece by Wilson and Brown. 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, DougO said:

Pretty good breakdown by the jocks on NFL Network on how the Chiefs came in with a pretty simple defensive plan to exploit the shitty tackles, and boy wonder genius OC simply was stumped as to how to adjust.

we've been saying this for 3 years now and have failed to address it.  hope Smith is healthy for the rest of the year.  he has been the most important player on the roster for the last 5 years at least.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DougO said:

Pretty good breakdown by the jocks on NFL Network on how the Chiefs came in with a pretty simple defensive plan to exploit the shitty tackles, and boy wonder genius OC simply was stumped as to how to adjust.

I agree Moore and McCarthy were strangely inept vs basically rushing 4 or 5 a lot of the time.  Like they didn't want to chip or even go max protect.  I do think after CeeDee went out there was concern that no one could beat man coverage enough.  Wilson was very poor with drops and Noah Brown was a no show so they kept Schultz in a lot of routes.  But maybe 2 TEs was a better thought.  Collins was bad yesterday, and Steele was worse.  McGovern was really poor too.  Overall just a terrible game plan and the OL was really bad with poor weapons to win on the outside.  

I've always had concerns about depth.  I think McGovern is a good backup level interior guy with potential to become a sound starter, but why not put CW back in when he was getting whipped by Chris Jones, who is a stud inside.

Collins has to be better.

The whole offense should get a F.  Nobody really played well except Zack (who still gave up a sack) and Biadasz was decent.  On the positive side (not many), Parsons looks like LT reincarnated and Trysten Hill actually flashed 3-4 times coming back from injury.  Dorance Armstrong had a couple of nice plays. We'll have to see if Tyron's return can stabilize the pass rush and we should be able to run against the Raiders.  DLaw's IR window may open this week.  I doubt he plays on Thursday but maybe the following Thursday or the following Saturday.  Seems like he's ahead of Gregory.  

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So denver can kick the shit out of our D line with 3 OL starters out including their LT but we can’t get it done with 4 healthy starters and a backup LT?  “Banged up” my ass. 

It's true, and really is weird. The Cowboys have been drubbed by many teams with shit O-lines that somehow seem to have good teams, sometimes even go to Superbowls. The Cowobys invest more in their offensive line over the past two decades than any other team in the NFL, and one guy gets a cramp the whole fucking thing collapses.

They may be coming back to earth after that great start to the season. 1-2 after that 6 game streak with 2 horrid offensive letdowns. Small sample size but with 7 games left they will either show this was a mid-season lull and get back to playing dominant football or they'll show that 6 game streak was an aberration and they're not a contender yet. 

2 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

If Tyron is healthy would Collins at LG and Steele at RT be crazy.

McGovern is a backup.

Isn't the story that Collins thinks of himself as a tackle, not a guard.

1 hour ago, DougO said:

He had a hall of fame defensive coordinator and a hall of fame GM that stocked his team with All Pros. 

Won two Super Bowls and took a Cowboys team with Quincy Carter at QB to the fucking playoffs!

8 hours ago, Hate said:

I’d do that in a hearbeat, but I’d plan on needing some “chipping” from a TE or a RB.

Steele has actually played pretty well at RT this year. if thumbface can find the balls to tell Collins to get fucked and play guard I think that starting five would be our best shot. 

11 hours ago, C-Man said:

Isn't the story that Collins thinks of himself as a tackle, not a guard.

Won two Super Bowls and took a Cowboys team with Quincy Carter at QB to the fucking playoffs!

He never won shit without Belichick and somebody else to buy the groceries. And he coached away a playoff win over Seattle by slowing down and playing for a field goal that Romo fumbled the snap, with stil too much time on the clock. Just horrific ultra-conservative game management. The big flounder is the most overrated coach in NFL history.

13 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Big drop off between Romo/Dak and Daniel Jones to be fair. 

Reminds me of Charlie Strong and Lamar Jackson at Louisville. Dan Mullen and Dak at Miss St.

Have seen a lot of fans of other teams wanting Kellen Moore as a head coach. I like Moore but if he's given say young Justin Fields / Andy Dalton instead of Dak a lot of the shine probably comes off.

8 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Big drop off between Romo/Dak and Daniel Jones to be fair. 

Reminds me of Charlie Strong and Lamar Jackson at Louisville. Dan Mullen and Dak at Miss St.

Have seen a lot of fans of other teams wanting Kellen Moore as a head coach. I like Moore but if he's given say young Justin Fields / Andy Dalton instead of Dak a lot of the shine probably comes off.

Charlie Strong never coached Lamar Jackson.