Dallas Cowboys 2021 Regular Season Thread -- Money, Masks, & Masochism

Patrick Bateman

47 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Dak looked like he was limping. 

it just looked to me he was doing the fast walk run thing making sure he didn't aggravate anything.  they showed him working out before the game. we'll see if he needs another week or not.

7 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Boom MFer!

Mike White was fucking terrible here. Which is why he was cut. What he did yesterday is irrelevant. He had every opportunity here to do something and could not beat out the scrubs in front of him. This shit happens all the time. Guys are cut and go somewhere else and have a big game.  Random QBs in this league have huge games out of nowhere for big wins. Who the hell knows what the future holds for both White and Rush going forward.

As mentioned last night, this was Cooper's audition to the rest of the league. I am sure teams took notice and would give him some looks. Maybe some scrub team takes a flyer for him to be a starter but I doubt it. I'd still rather have more of a proven vet as a backup but Cooper proved me wrong last night. He came to play, especially in the 2nd half.

But more than Cooper, this game was on the defense. They gave up a first drive easy TD and after that, nothing but FGs. They pressured Cousins a lot. No real big plays. Vikings were like 1 fer on 3rd downs. This game could have gotten away early but they hung in. There was no room for error with Cooper and they made sure to hold to this. 

This is a game we 10000% lose under Garrett. Backup QB, 2 turnovers, bullshit reffing, missed FG. On the road. 

I think the culture is now different under McCarthy. He still has his flaws but I think the players buy in more and have more confidence in this staff. So far, so good this season but a long ways to go.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 8:07 PM, DougO said:

The Jets traded for former Superbowl MVP Joe Flacco as insurance to backup Mike White, proving just how valuable he really is.

On 10/26/2021 at 1:18 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

And when you look at the bucs schedule, they might not lose a game the rest of the season if they sweep the saints. They have such an easy schedule

On 10/28/2021 at 12:08 PM, Gucci_Suit said:

Twitter saying he’s full participant in practice and seems normal. I’d argue to hold him out 1 more week, but with how good the nfc is, that might not be the best risk to take. Although it’s much better to be healthy down the stretch than week 8 I guess. I dunno. I just don’t think Cooper Rush is winning an nfl road game  

Gallup back too. 

what a difference a weekend makes.  crazy sunday.  feel good monday.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Love how this team keeps rescuing my sports weekend. 

Yeah, I haven't felt this in many many years.  Relying on the Cowboys to rescue my football weekend?  Are you kidding me?  This team is very likeable and fun to cheer for.  I still think McCarthy is going to mismanage the clock in the 4th so badly that the players can't bail him out, but I'm going to enjoy the ride until it happens. 

Honestly, i was more concerned about Diggs than Tyron. It's a given Tyron will miss time every season. We at least can move some parts around to replace him. Not sure we can say that about Diggs. 

Now the question is about Dak. Does he miss more time? That injury is related to his severe injury last year. The lack of mobility on it caused this. Concerning going forward on how sensitive it will be. 

You also have to tow the line of saving him long term and going all on for this season. Now, there's only one bye week team and we we are tied with Arizona and GB. The division right now is in great shape for us to win. But that 1 seed will be tough. GB is damn good and is rolling. TB isn't going to lose much more at all. Arizona is the team I'm not as worried about because I don't buy into Kyler yet for a whole season. 

The Cowboys may want to look at adding some OL depth.  I wouldn't mind them seeing what the Texans would want for Tunsil.  He could play LT until Tyron is healthy and probably play RT when/if Tyron is healthy.  Collins could probably play LG.  Or am I being crazy which I fully admit I might be?

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Hate said:

The Cowboys may want to look at adding some OL depth.  I wouldn't mind them seeing what the Texans would want for Tunsil.  He could play LT until Tyron is healthy and probably play RT when/if Tyron is healthy.  Collins could probably play LG.  Or am I being crazy which I fully admit I might be?

You're crazy. We have incredible depth on the oline right now. Boys need -

LB

DT

CB

Blocking TE

• Hook 'Em 1

Rams are all in and don't give a shit about to long term, which is the correct approach if you are a contender. Draft picks come and go and it's a crapshoot anyways. They have been making a lot of moves the last few years. Eagles did to same when they won it all.

They know to beat Rodgers, Brady and anyone else, you need to pressure the QB and disrupt him. Von Miller does this. I would have loved to see Von added to this defense. We'd be dangerous up front. He would make everyone else that much better.

I'd love to try and find another DB in a trade. A LB as well.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

You're crazy. We have incredible depth on the oline right now. Boys need -

LB

DT

CB

Blocking TE

And another pass rusher.  Can't have too many.  I do think we need a long-term solution at LT, but that's probably to be addressed via the draft considering cost and rookie contracts.

Looking at what Dallas has done in the past, I could see a DL acquisition.  Maybe a DE like Ogbah.  Last year on his contract and he's becoming a UFA.  Plays mostly RDE, Tank's position (there's no guarantee he's coming back), and this is actually the player Dallas wanted in the 2nd round before he was taken at 32 and then they panicked and took Jaylon Smith.

Maybe a run stuffer DT for really cheap who no one would care about but could play 20 snaps vs the run.

Kyle Fuller from the Broncos?  Since they won't trade us Surtain, then maybe their 3rd CB for depth here?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

I would not give up a 2 and a 3 for 2021 Von.

Time to see what Joseph has and get him some game reps. Sucks to lose Diggs but hopefully get him healthy for the stretch run

We're not losing Diggs.  He got momentarily hurt from a leg whip.  Listened to the radio this morning and he wasn't wearing a boot or receiving extra treatment after the game.  Just said it was a bone on bone leg whip that got him for a few minutes.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hate said:

How has Tunsil looked this season? The biggest obstacle for the Cowboys is the contract. Paying 2 elite LT salaries at once while also paying an elite RG contract and elite RT contract would just be too much. 

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

We're not losing Diggs.  He got momentarily hurt from a leg whip.  Listened to the radio this morning and he wasn't wearing a boot or receiving extra treatment after the game.  Just said it was a bone on bone leg whip that got him for a few minutes.  

thats really good news.  I assume they already x rayed it and no breaks/cracks.  the way the leg/foot moved on the slo motion reply had me worried.

9 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Haven't looked at who they've played, but Denver is 4-4 and only giving up 17 points a game, but not scoring much more.  They've also given up 25 sacks on the year.

Yep. If Dak plays they put up 30, and this defense we saw last night can hang them below 20.

6 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Jeez... The Rams just got Von Miller for 2 Day 2 picks.  

They have like no picks lefts for a couple years.  Hope they get the SB they're desperate for.  Not a good thing a couple years from now.

6 hours ago, Hate said:

Goddamnit...I have no idea how they can make that work, but I fucking hate it. 

Yep.  Like I wouldn't do that...Von Miller isn't the DPOY anymore, but credit to them for going for it.  

Remember, Dallas has Lawrence, Gallimore, Armstrong, and even Hill(if he can do anything) coming back.  They got reinforcements coming at some point that'll make the DL much better.

Now if they could find a DB or a stud LB running around...that might be worth it.

• Like 1

The line has moved to Dallas -10 on the Von news. 

Any of you go to any home games? I am going this weekend for the first time in forever. Going to Uber to and from.  What's the best spot pregame for a bloody mary or four?

Is it Texas Live or nothing? Looks like Live opens at 10am but they charge you $10 to walk in. Fuckers. 

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

The line has moved to Dallas -10 on the Von news. 

Any of you go to any home games? I am going this weekend for the first time in forever. Going to Uber to and from.  What's the best spot pregame for a bloody mary or four?

Is it Texas Live or nothing? Looks like Live opens at 10am but they charge you $10 to walk in. Fuckers. 

J Gilligan's is about a mile or so from the stadium. It's a really cool spot to chill before the game. With a receipt, they shuttle you to and from the stadium for $7. Now, I haven't been in some years so this price could be different. And this was before Texas Live was even thought of. 

• Like 1

J Gilligan's is about a mile or so from the stadium. It's a really cool spot to chill before the game. With a receipt, they shuttle you to and from the stadium for $7. Now, I haven't been in some years so this price could be different. And this was before Texas Live was even thought of. 

J Gilligan’s is great. (Get the Irish Nachos.) Did this for U2 a few years ago.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Is Connor Williams still on our crap list?  Late last game there was a holding penalty and I just knew it would be 52.  No one better on the squad?

Is Mike M still on the crap list? 

Cowboys made the right choice with Rush over Squints.  Best decision of the season. 

Connor is shit and the sooner he isn't apart of our OL, the better. He's a huge weak link. But to be fair, these refs are calling bullshit calls on us late game to try and manipulate the outcome. I don't even give a shit about being some "Ref tin foil" but this is becoming very obvious. It happened late in the NE game. 

And I am coming around on Fat Mike. Yes, he has his flaws but he's much better than Garrett. It's hard to fully judge him last year when Dak went down for the season. But the culture seems different. They are more prepared. They know how to face adversity. They enjoy and buy into him. Kellen has developed into a great play caller and game planner. We actually know how to adapt and adjust as the game goes on. Attack the weakness. 

Garrett was such a cancer to this team in so many ways. Kellen has now been freed from the Garrett sickness and we see his potential. Even though Kellen was the OC in 2019, this was Garrett's offense and gameplan. His hands are all over that during the weeks leading up to the games. Kellen and every OC had to call games under those restraints. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

He's probably done unless he wants to be a backup/ST guy and do it well..... Not saying someone won't pick him up but as a real piece.

2 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Is Connor Williams still on our crap list?  Late last game there was a holding penalty and I just knew it would be 52.  No one better on the squad?

Is Mike M still on the crap list? 

Cowboys made the right choice with Rush over Squints.  Best decision of the season. 

Connor isn't having as good as year as last.  He's still ranked okay but way too many penalties.  

McCarthy sucks.   It is what it is.  But he caught us on a good draft and those guys are balling, particularly Parsons and Osa.  I'm really upset Cox is out with an ACL.  He was going to really help in coverage in the 2nd half and probably would  have started next year.  Now, he may be PUP'd depending on how quickly he heals.

2 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

So how we gonna keep Kellen next year , don’t want to lose him. Also don’t think he’s ready to be a HC and is prefect on just concentrating on offense .

If we can win it all this year, I say pay him everything to be HC and let McCarthy go out on top to spend his golden years in a donut shop or something. I'd be okay with a HC learning curve if we can pull off this year. It also seems that young guys are crushing it at HC early, so I'd be okay with keeping him as HC.

• Haha 1

We are in the same scenario as when we had Parcells as HC and a young Payton was an up and coming OC. We decided to stay with Parcells and Payton went to NO and he's still there today. Do we do the same thing here? McCarthy is the veteran coach you know what you will get. Kellen is the wild card. But Payton did just fine. Although, having Brees didn't hurt. Sean McVay was a young OC with Washington with no experience and the Rams took the chance and haven't looked back. I am not that worried about Kellen not having experience. Every HC had zero experience until they were hired and then did. And Garrett had zero experience and we promoted that clown to HC for a decade. 

But I have heard some talking heads talk about Dak and his input on this offense and it has grown as he has matured. That we could really get any OC in here and Dak and groom him to his needs and what he wants to do. This is what Brady did. Now of course, Dak or anyone is not Brady but just mentioning that concept. If you feel your QB and the system he wants can be replicated by any OC we get, then maybe they think Kellen is expendable and stick with the proven Fat Mike.

I preferably would like to keep Kellen as opposed to Mike.

But I no longer think Fat Mike is at the bottom of the league in coaches as I used to. Not to say he is great by any means but he's light years ahead of Garrett.