Dallas Cowboys 2021 Regular Season Thread -- Money, Masks, & Masochism

Patrick Bateman

So, good news here..... looks like Tyron may play on Sunday.  Tough turnaround on Tgiving so if he's still sore, I wonder if he gets it off and then comes back the next Thursday.  Because we have 2 Thursdays in a row, we don't get that 10 days to recover until after Dec 2nd.  Also, as expected, Collins has served his time in the penalty box and will take over RT full-time.

Also, some timelines.

So, that's disappointing on Gallimore, but the other two, sort of expected.  Dec 12th is maybe a good target for them or the 19th.

On 11/18/2021 at 10:32 AM, Hermanator said:

In Williams defense replay showed that first holding call on Sunday and that chop block call were both bullshit. I remember a couple from the previous two weeks replay showed were really weak too. He's got a reputation now and the refs are looking for any reason to hammer him. 

Pozderak syndrome. 

On 11/19/2021 at 10:51 AM, Trey3216 said:

Per Jerruh, McGovern starting at LG

Interesting.  Not against it but don't know if it's going to make much of a difference.  I guess we'll see.  CW's penalties seems to have doomed him.

22 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Archer said he will miss the next 2 games. Makes me think Archer knows Cooper isn't vaxxed so has to sit the mandatory 10 days like Rodgers

Fucking moron.  But Jerrah said he was comfortable with our vaccination rates.

I don't think missing Coop will that big a deal. I think we may see a lot more Shultz targets against KC. Should have a decent run game.

Despite the hype, KC still doesn't look right. They have become dink and dunk, O-line hasn't been able to protect. Their defense isn't great. It's a tough place to win on the road especially to a win-needy team with an elite QB trying to get momentum, but in a vacuum the Cowboys should curb-stomp the Chiefs. Not saying they will definitely do so tomorrow, because it's Dallas and the NFL. But man for man they are clearly the better team at this point in time.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DougO said:

I don't think missing Coop will that big a deal. I think we may see a lot more Shultz targets against KC. Should have a decent run game.

Despite the hype, KC still doesn't look right. They have become dink and dunk, O-line hasn't been able to protect. Their defense isn't great. It's a tough place to win on the road especially to a win-needy team with an elite QB trying to get momentum, but in a vacuum the Cowboys should curb-stomp the Chiefs. Not saying they will definitely do so tomorrow, because it's Dallas and the NFL. But man for man they are clearly the better team at this point in time.

Ehhh… don't agree about Cooper.  Besides being our best route runner and forcing defenses to play straight on other WRs, his absence probably makes Lamb play more outside than from the slot where he’s almost uncoverable.  Lamb will still play snaps from the slot, but guys like Noah Brown and others will need to on the outside.  

This isn’t great either.

• Like 1

Today is the most excited I have been for a Cowboy game in a long, long time.  It's a barometer game for both squads.

Expecting a shootout, but would love to see Parsons, Diggs, and Company give Mahomes hell today. Dak will show up and Zeke will play his ass off.

New Dallas( Arlington/ Valley Ranch) 41

Old Dallas/ Old Texans  28

Edited by slorch

Man just a lot of bad juju going into this game. Hope this team overcomes it unlike previous teams.

3 starters on DL out. Tyrone still out. Cooper gone. New Guard starting.

I’m with Patrick. Yes they have the guys to replace Cooper but we are undervaluing what Cooper brings n totality. He takes more attention than we give credit for. He allows Lamb to play inside. He’s money on 3rd downs for Dak.

Also the last time we brought in a new starter on the OL this year(Collins) the OL played like shit. Now we have Steele AND a new LG. I’m sure they’re not comfortable playing side to side yet.

I’m still of the belief the offense is good enough to take control of this game. But it’ll be tight and heart attack worthy for most of it I’m sure.

9 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Yeah, expecting a full bore blowout for KC today.  Today will be the day Chiefs click on all cylinders. 

They did last week. Mahomes was back to his usual self and they hit the big plays. 

But the Raiders also did the exact opposite of what the blueprint was to beat KC. Which is double Hill and Kelce and make Mahomes become checkdown Charlie. Raiders actually just played straight up man. Single coverage on both Hill and Kelce. Yeah, you're not winning that battle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

They did last week. Mahomes was back to his usual self and they hit the big plays. 

But the Raiders also did the exact opposite of what the blueprint was to beat KC. Which is double Hill and Kelce and make Mahomes become checkdown Charlie. Raiders actually just played straight up man. Single coverage on both Hill and Kelce. Yeah, you're not winning that battle. 

We play the most man or man 1 in the league.  No one can run with woman beater Hill and Kelce controls the middle.  I think you have to probably adjust and play some man under with cover 2 shells, or put Diggs on Kelce and double Hill.  It'll be a cat and mouse game all day long, but it's actually a really bad matchup for our secondary (KC generally is).  This is a game I think Jabril Cox would have been very valuable in.  If you told us at the beginning of the season, you're going to be missing Tyron and Amare on offense and 3/4 of your projected starters on the DL and you'll be going to KC.  I think most of us would think we're going to get crushed.  Dak and company have played so well and Parsons and Osa are studs, so we have a puncher's chance.  I'm interested to see our strategy and game plan.  I think we're going to want to control the clock.

Dallas’ best Defense this game may be KC fuck ups, a talent laden offense in front of a rowdy, raucous HFA spells doom imo.  Hope I’m wrong, usually am.  This was an expected loss so it can be tolerated or understood, the loss to Denver hopefully doesn’t come back to bite them in the ass.  

I actually think it could be a surprisingly slower game than expected today, especially with Tyron being out. Both teams need to sustain drives and take pressure off the D, KC has already been reverting to more dink and dunk, and now are a bit healthier at RB.

Edited by DougO

On 11/2/2021 at 7:14 PM, DougO said:

I know I'm in the extreme minority, but I don't see Kellen as the uber genius he's being made out to be. He has a shit-ton of talent to work with that makes him look great. He makes some pretty silly calls, sure he does some creative stuff too that sometimes works. Not always.

When some shitty team throws a boatload of money at him I will enjoy seeing him prove himself. But he's not irreplaceable.

Once again...

The 3rd and 2 screen to Wilson or whatever where he stopped and we had to punt was the worst playcall of the game. Those plays work when the defense is worried about getting beat over the top. On 3rd and short its telegraphed and they come screaming up and we're relying on a WR or TE make a hero block in space. Lost all momentum at that point