Dallas Cowboys 2021 Regular Season Thread -- Money, Masks, & Masochism

Patrick Bateman

24 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Jimmy was happy to fuck with Curvin Richards, Sleepy John Roper and the kicker who couldn’t find the asthma field, but never noticed Irvin and Erik and the rest of the Fun Bunch running a whorehouse/crack den at the White House. Funny how that happens. As others have pointed out, his discipline was situational. (I’m not arguing with anyone or disputing any takes, just noting Johnson was the ultimate bottom line guy.)

If anything McCarthy made a bigger statement than Jimmy by benching a paid starter for getting his stupid ass suspended. There's zero doubt that doesn't happen with Garrett. Cutting that paid yet non performing ass Jaylon Smith made a statement too. You have to give him credit for having this team performing this way. We'll see how much praise he deserves once the playoffs hit

• Like 1

I'll jump in the McCarthy lovefest and point out that he seems to do a pretty good job hiring and developing assistant coaches, and the results are being seen on the field. Quinn and Philbin are guys who spent a lot of years as head coaches and have their units performing exceptionally. The British d line coach seems like a hell of a find too if you give him any credit for that units unbelievable turnaround. And of course Moore who gets all the credit but has undeniably developed as a playcaller, schemer under McCarthy's watch.

I also like his attitude towards the refs more than Garrett but thats more a personal thing. Pulling Gregory aside after the 2 personal fouls then leaving him out there to destroy the Vikings TD chance was a fuck you to the refs and almost any other coach would have pulled Gregory from the game. The team notices shit like that and thats why they play hard for him.

His clock management does often suck

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I had no idea we have not beat Denver since 1995. That's crazy. Although, we only play them every 4 years so it's not like that have beaten us every season since then. Off the top of my head, I know we lost to them in OT in 2005 on turkey day. Ron Dayne killed us. 2013 was the crazy ass 51-48 game when they had Peyton. 2017, we go there in week 2 and get our ass stomped. Those are the only Denver games I can remember off the top of my head. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, C-Man said:

It would not be easy for me, I don't think. A close friend of my wife works for a hospice company and she got us hooked up through a senior living center in Haltom City that she contracted with. CVS came out and did all the residents and we were able to get in when the director of the center told wife's friend she could ask some close friends/family if we wanted to get it done because they had way too much vaccine on their hands.

Centralized CVS record keeping.  Any CVS should be able to fill out a new one for you-but go in to ask when it’s slow and be patient/

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, cmontexas said:

I'll jump in the McCarthy lovefest and point out that he seems to do a pretty good job hiring and developing assistant coaches, and the results are being seen on the field. Quinn and Philbin are guys who spent a lot of years as head coaches and have their units performing exceptionally. The British d line coach seems like a hell of a find too if you give him any credit for that units unbelievable turnaround. And of course Moore who gets all the credit but has undeniably developed as a playcaller, schemer under McCarthy's watch.

I also like his attitude towards the refs more than Garrett but thats more a personal thing. Pulling Gregory aside after the 2 personal fouls then leaving him out there to destroy the Vikings TD chance was a fuck you to the refs and almost any other coach would have pulled Gregory from the game. The team notices shit like that and thats why they play hard for him.

His clock management does often suck

He doesn't clap all game like an idiot, so he's already miles ahead of the last guy in my book.

He's fragile, like half the people on this thread whenever Futureman expresses an opinion. 

Trolls. What you meant is troll. Not “give an opinion”

Also I’m fully enjoying Patrick going all in on McCarthy. Never seen him be so angry at anything on this board.

Refreshing. Lol

16 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Not getting invested is such a clutch move with this team.  It works even better when they seem to be good. 

Yep never fails. We've had great starts in the past and we always come back to the norm. Not saying it will happen again but that past game and these injuries leaves a bad taste in my mouth going forward

37 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Hello. I am going to the Cowboy game this Sunday. Does anyone have any suggestions about where to park? I'd rather avoid the stadium. Thanks.  

J Gilligans bar and grill has a service, or at least they used to.  Irish nachos and a few beers then drink $9 miller Lites at the game!

• Hook 'Em 2