Dallas Cowboys 2021 Regular Season Thread -- Money, Masks, & Masochism

Patrick Bateman

2 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

All starts with Dak imo. Dude is the best leader and rep we’ve had on the cowboys since Troy and I think he’s better than Troy ever was ( plus aikman had jimmy)

Comparing Dak’s era vs troy’s era is just dumb. Completely different rules for touching the qb, and touching the wrs

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

Comparing Dak’s era vs troy’s era is just dumb. Completely different rules for touching the qb, and touching the wrs

I remember either Clyde Simmons or Seth Joyner picking aikman up and body slamming him wwe style, separating his shoulder. No flag. 

that must have been in 1991 when beurlein qb’d the last several games and we made the playoffs and beat Chicago before letting Detroit get their only playoff win in forever. 

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

this.  Troy would be Tom Bradying all up in this shit.  the fucking made a rule to prevent you from going at the QB's legs to protect Tom Brady.

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

this.  Troy would be Tom Bradying all up in this shit.  the fucking made a rule to prevent you from going at the QB's legs to protect Tom Brady.

I want to say it happened to Carson Palmer in the same year and they finally said enough is enough. It’s just a completely different sport now. There’s a reason passing numbers blew up the way they did in the modern era of football. Coaches didn’t just get smarter. The rules changed 

30 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Was referring to leadership abilities earlier when comparing Troy and Dak. But sloppy writing

Michale Irvin was taking bumps off his knuckles in the huddle, what did you want Troy to do? Troy started off rough because jimmy johnson was a cold blooded cock sucker but he became a great leader and I’d take him right now in a fuckin heart beat. No shade at Dak tho or your opinion bro. I love Dak but Troy was the fuckin man. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Hate said:

Troy was a fantastic leader.  He played the good cop to JJ's bad cop during the Super Bowl years.  He also was the de facto head coach once Barry got there.  He had to lead the team because Barry was a fucking clown.

Folks forget about the last part.  He was basically running practices those seasons with fucking Barry, who was too busy running his mouth about shit and having his boy, Blake, feed Bayless tons of stories trying to smear Troy.

Mike White just needed 6 more TDs and it would have been an epic upset.

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Flacco is really making it hard for Jim to keep arguing at family get-togethers he lost because he had the shitty QB 

Flacco’s playoff run that year was one of the best in history. he was incredible. his career? not so much. but for about five weeks during that postseason there was nobody better. 

2 hours ago, futureman said:

Flacco’s playoff run that year was one of the best in history. he was incredible. his career? not so much. but for about five weeks during that postseason there was nobody better. 

Both statistically and in terms of being clutch. That playoff run was incredible, and it’s the only reason there was an “is Joe Flacco elite” conversation/joke for the next few years. 

A brief video for @babysdaddy (YouTube won't allow this one to embed, so you'll have to click thru):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM1qBY-qmJw

Your point about Dak possibly being the Cowboys' best leader since Troy is valid, but what I and others objected to is the part that elevated Prescott above Aikman. There was no need to put Troy down. He'd always been the "leader on the field," but he also became the de facto leader off it after Jimmy left because the coaches refused to step up and do the dirty work.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Braff Zacklin said:

A brief video for @babysdaddy (YouTube won't allow this one to embed, so you'll have to click thru):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM1qBY-qmJw

Your point about Dak possibly being the Cowboys' best leader since Troy is valid, but what I and others objected to is the part that elevated Prescott above Aikman. There was no need to put Troy down. He'd always been the "leader on the field," but he also became the de facto leader off it after Jimmy left because the coaches refused to step up and do the dirty work.

Didn't think I was putting him down, just that he was the only guy I'd compare Dak to in the last 30 years.  Point taken on what Troy had to deal with regarding that dirty sooner fucking cock of a coach

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, futureman said:

Pretty much sums up Eli's 2 Super Bowl runs. He never even won a playoff game outside of those 2  seasons. 

21 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Pretty much sums up Eli's 2 Super Bowl runs. He never even won a playoff game outside of those 2  seasons. 

Fuck, why would you send up the JodyBo signal? Now he’ll show up and talk about how Eli is one of the All Time Greats and how few can compare.

On 10/27/2021 at 8:25 AM, Sgt Hulk said:

Since the perfect twilight zone has hit and Dallas has been the only source of Joy this football season.  What’s the scuttle butt on Daks calf?

Twitter saying he’s full participant in practice and seems normal. I’d argue to hold him out 1 more week, but with how good the nfc is, that might not be the best risk to take. Although it’s much better to be healthy down the stretch than week 8 I guess. I dunno. I just don’t think Cooper Rush is winning an nfl road game  

Gallup back too. 

Edited by Gucci_Suit

7 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Twitter saying he’s full participant in practice and seems normal. I’d argue to hold him out 1 more week, but with how good the nfc is, that might not be the best risk to take. Although it’s much better to be healthy down the stretch than week 8 I guess. I dunno. I just don’t think Cooper Rush is winning an nfl road game  

Gallup back too. 

Any of the DL guys back (Lawrence, Armstrong, Gallimore)?

Gallup back too. 

What happened to the Nooch?

3 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

It would be nice if, at the very least, we kept GG. Who had actually started and played decent in an nfl game. Or; you know, a guy like Blake Bortles. But we’re fucking stupid and don’t care about backup qb 

If we only had Mike White this wouldn't be an issue...